Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Gandalf should be a reskin of Prodigal Sorcerer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gandalf the White should quite obviously be a Black Zombie

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Has or should have

Please give me an ongoing web serial of Skrelventures.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Treebeard should be a non-artifact Vehicle that has Crew: Tap two hobbits you control

You Shall Not Pass should be a blue Instant that taps and puts Stun counters on all of an opponent's creatures

I Am No Man should be a combat trick that gives +x/+y where x is the attacker's toughness and y is the attacker's power, hexproof from black and indestructible to a blocker

Second Breakfast should be a GW sorcery that makes 3 food tokens and draws a card or something

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The Silmarillion will be a Heliod's Punishment variant

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Silmarillion will be a Saga that only adds a verse counter every six turns

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

General Morden posted:

lol at people getting mad that aragorn is black

As a fan of the old Bakshi animated movie, I am more disappointed that aragorn isn't native american :v:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I accidentally clicked into some guy getting mad at the standard wizards wording being used on frodos card

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Frodo should have been labeled as a Kithkin. :colbert:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

No one posted the aftermath of the Texas Landfill that had the MTG pallets dumped there.

The guy apparently drove back but by then more trash had piled up and most likely trucks and bulldozers ran roughshod over the pallets. He only picked up one box when he took the photo because the people on the site told him not to take anything. He said he snuck a box and gave it to his friends kid or something. When he went back he grabbed the SLs that are in the first couple pics.

There was apparently some Unfinity, and some SL in the set. Even some Magic 30 apparently..
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/11dmyt9/comment/ja9kq5w/?context=3

https://imgur.com/a/HguNopS

there's more video and pictures in the link.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want them to mulch unsold cards into new recycled cards to not sell

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Lol magic 30. Piss off your entire customer base just to end up throwing half of it away. Incredible.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Just wow.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno what people are talking about, I totally like seeing Magic30 in a landfill where it belongs

Player appreciation indeed. :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What was so offensive about it?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rinkles posted:

What was so offensive about it?

That was the reprints of First Edition, at $250 per pack, that weren't even tournament legal

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

at least they already have a Balrog (at home)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Lol magic 30. Piss off your entire customer base just to end up throwing half of it away. Incredible.

I am shocked that this is the outcome!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You think wotc will ever consider giving the player going second a little extra help, the same way they made mulliganing a little less painful some years ago?

Idk if an extra life, or a free scry would be too much, but being on the draw almost always feels bad in modern magic.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rinkles posted:

You think wotc will ever consider giving the player going second a little extra help, the same way they made mulliganing a little less painful some years ago?

Idk if an extra life, or a free scry would be too much, but being on the draw almost always feels bad in modern magic.

Isn't the second player drawing a card when the first player doesn't supposed to be the help?

I know going second has a statistically significant effect on win rate, but that's the help right there. Would a free scry on top of the draw be enough? Too much?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That’s why I said extra help.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Ironically I think I read that post-MH2 Modern is the format with the smallest win difference between going first and second.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

That kinda makes sense, since pitch spells kinda let you trade in your extra card for extra mana. In standard, there's the "march" cycle which is kinda similar

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And there's more Graveyard decks in Modern which vastly prefer being on the draw.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Rinkles posted:

There's some recent Alchemy cards that have "if you weren't the starting player, [extra effect]". They're toying with the idea!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

And there's more Graveyard decks in Modern which vastly prefer being on the draw.

Who is passing on going first in any graveyard deck in the current year of our lord?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Who is passing on going first in any graveyard deck in the current year of our lord?

Absolutely no one

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wouldn't mind some kind of permanent rule change like the player on the draw gets a free extra scry or something.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Manaless Dredge prefers to go second, and LED Dredge will go second against some decks, but Modern Dredge almost always prefers to take the play.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

There's some recent Alchemy cards that have "if you weren't the starting player, [extra effect]". They're toying with the idea!

These could be regular cards, right, or are wotc worried about player memory? Maybe they could make a token as a reminder of who was on the draw.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
They've done it rarely with like, gemstone caverns. But I wouldn't expect timespiral block mechanics to necessarily propagate.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

They've done it rarely with like, gemstone caverns. But I wouldn't expect timespiral block mechanics to necessarily propagate.

Caverns was also an Invitational card, so I doubt we'll see too many iterations there. (PVddR's recent card notwithstanding, as we've seen that effect a couple times now already.)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"If you weren't the starting player, create a 3/3 Wizard token with Flying"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What if the second player started the game with a Treasure token? That's probably too strong.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Chamale posted:

What if the second player started the game with a Treasure token? That's probably too strong.

My friends tried making their own format that had that, it made for some very broken things. Everyone realized they wanted to be on the draw.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think the fairest one of any that have been suggested that I've seen is the player who is on the draw gets a free mulligan.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Captain Invictus posted:

I think the fairest one of any that have been suggested that I've seen is the player who is on the draw gets a free mulligan.

Also simplifies the multiplayer rules to "everyone is on the draw"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

My friends tried making their own format that had that, it made for some very broken things. Everyone realized they wanted to be on the draw.

Getting access to rituals on T1 in every format would admittedly be very funny though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I saw someone float the idea of mulligans being draw 12, bottom 5. I kind of like it but I haven’t tested it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I saw someone float the idea of mulligans being draw 12, bottom 5. I kind of like it but I haven’t tested it.

This would be way, way too good