Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine, in 2023, still playing PVP in Destiny 2 :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine, in 2023, still playing PVP in Destiny 2 :lol:

I'm an embedded engineer, so I like to hurt myself.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlapYoJacks posted:

lmfao no mention of a new PvP map in the patch notes? :allears:

Don’t believe it was ever scheduled for this season, they’ll make a big fanfare when it’s ready

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

FlapYoJacks posted:

lmfao no mention of a new PvP map in the patch notes? :allears:

they already went over this on the big year ahead blog post

quote:

Now, we think that a steady stream of novel game modes, and a reining in of player Power is going to do a lot for the health of our PvP ecosystem, but we’re still committed to keeping true to our Crucible maps plan, which means the arrival of Meltdown in Season of the Deep, a brand new Vex Network map in Season 22, and the return of Citadel in our last Season before The Final Shape. We will also be looking at our existing maps and doing a spawn retuning pass on many of them this year to improve how our various modes flow.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Collision damage is no longer lethal against Guardians.

does this mean i can no longer get slammed into a wall by some rear end in a top hat in a vanguard op that'd be ok with me

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1630295932209360896?s=20

looks like the theory about it being us fighting Nezarec in the old tower was wrong. This looks sick as gently caress though, and the descrption makes me think it might set up some post final shape poo poo.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

they already went over this on the big year ahead blog post

Pathetic and still angering.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah that is some cool design work.

How many "ancient evils at our doorstep" can there be?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

hiddenriverninja posted:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Looks like the Pyramid the Traveler terraforms in the trailer is the raid location? So another disciple inside or something more...primal?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get hosed stay hosed bungie are you serious

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Get hosed stay hosed bungie are you serious

Lmfao wtf? Why?!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

hiddenriverninja posted:

At least they are polite and wait at the doorstep.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao wtf? Why?!

Bet it's nothing more than "wrecks our code"

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao wtf? Why?!

IIRC Strand melee are super good to make up for the fact your grenade is a tether, so must be balance issues

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

arsenicCatnip posted:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1630295932209360896?s=20

looks like the theory about it being us fighting Nezarec in the old tower was wrong. This looks sick as gently caress though, and the descrption makes me think it might set up some post final shape poo poo.

Loving the aesthetic. Looks like pyramid architecture overrun by… something.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the raid splash screen explains it’s a Pyramid ship that has been terraformed, presumably through the means we saw a split-second of in the trailer

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well that HoIL nerf feels incredibly huge. I thought it might get touched some but that the general nerfing of abilities all around might have kept it from getting hammered. Turns out nope. In better news, I was able to finish a legend seraph mission with a friend and got all four catalysts. I appreciate people in here offering to help but my friend was stuck in the same spot so we just wrecked it. Revision feels pretty nice when it has good perks and a catalyst.

ChaosReaper fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 27, 2023

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Like wtf am I to do as a Titan? Synthoceps? They look like garbage!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao wtf? Why?!

In one of the vidocs, they said you get 3 charges already.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Majere posted:

I want a fourth. :colbert:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Weebly posted:

The answer is always Skullfort.

Never take off the Skullfort.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Weebly posted:

The grenades must flow so armamentarium?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
War rig + sweet business

Scared of Bees
May 14, 2004
Save your fork there is pie!!

Lethrom posted:

The grenades must flow so armamentarium?

Strand teather replaces grenades, so two Spidey swings?,

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Majere posted:

Still dumb.

The mod system really is going to have to knock it out of the park to make up for the across the board ability/stat nerfs.

Whatever I'll still play the poo poo but goddamn. I'm still hmbol they didn't do poo poo for gambit or stasis. Amazing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I can't find it. Did they not fix the immune bug in PvP? :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the raid splash screen explains it’s a Pyramid ship that has been terraformed, presumably through the means we saw a split-second of in the trailer

In this an in-game splash? Not seeing this anywhere.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Loreley Helm even better than ever now

Fully sick Silver Only ornament for it too

HOIL recharge rate is only nerfed for Class Ability, right? The recharge rate for grenade/melee is the same? (other than lasting 5s instead of 10s)

Still the best pick since you get more powerful abilities on top of bonus regen IMHO

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ancient Evil at our door can't be anything other than ya boy Nezzy sneaking into the Traveler

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Weebly posted:

Severance Enclosure!

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

HOIL recharge rate is only nerfed for Class Ability, right? The recharge rate for grenade/melee is the same? (other than lasting 5s instead of 10s)

Still the best pick since you get more powerful abilities on top of bonus regen IMHO

Empowered duration was also reduced to 5s instead of 10, so that's a pretty big nerf all around.

Paracausal posted:

War rig + sweet business

This has always been my jam but I really hate the teal shotgun shells on the war rig model

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I still have no idea why they went with the Megamind-esque design for the Witness. There was concept art I think I recall seeing where it looked kind of like a space pharaoh, and that was pretty sweet and matched up with the whole Pyramid aesthetic, no idea why they ditched that in favor of somebody with big ol' Pixar character eyes.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Whirling posted:

I still have no idea why they went with the Megamind-esque design for the Witness. There was concept art I think I recall seeing where it looked kind of like a space pharaoh, and that was pretty sweet and matched up with the whole Pyramid aesthetic, no idea why they ditched that in favor of somebody with big ol' Pixar character eyes.

The Witness is anime.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
As always with Bungie nerfs, the question of HoiL is going to be if in practice it retains enough of an advantage to be worth the exotic slot.

The WQ paradigm of it being so good you could run entire swathes of content without ever having to fire a gun at anything is 100% stone dead. Fair enough, I had a blast, but I can see why they would do that. It was a little silly, and sucked up most of the oxygen for general use builds.

The nerf to class ability specifically is a response to being able to get Thruster's cooldown to, like, 5 seconds and thus be able to maintain x2 grenade and melee nearly indefinitely. It's probably going to end up in a use space where, if you were able to use your grenade and melee once in a given encounter now you can use them twice because of the cut to cooldowns.

Considering the regrettably dire state of Titan exotics I'd probably still use that.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In this an in-game splash? Not seeing this anywhere.

it will be! the dataminers are deliberately not posting story stuff as far as I can tell but they posted a pic of the splash screen advertising the raid (as in it has a sentence or two description without mentioning any of the specific story details and says “Requires Purchase of Destiny 2: Lightfall” beneath) and a pic of the irl raid rewards (jacket and seal)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

it will be! the dataminers are deliberately not posting story stuff as far as I can tell but they posted a pic of the splash screen advertising the raid (as in it has a sentence or two description without mentioning any of the specific story details and says “Requires Purchase of Destiny 2: Lightfall” beneath) and a pic of the irl raid rewards (jacket and seal)

Just found it and oh poo poo yeah that sounds cool as hell.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
solar titans can run loreley's or synthos or even phoenix cradle, armamentarium is surprisingly good on arc titan grenadier builds assuming we get some kind of replacement for elemental ordinance or firepower, void titans have uhhhhh

actium war rig with that void target lock machine gun? helm of saint-14, for...some reason? i think nerfed hoil is probably still optimal on void titan, sadly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ornament, you say? Where can I find this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Reiterpallasch posted:

solar titans can run loreley's or synthos or even phoenix cradle, armamentarium is surprisingly good on arc titan grenadier builds assuming we get some kind of replacement for elemental ordinance or firepower, void titans have uhhhhh

actium war rig with that void target lock machine gun? helm of saint-14, for...some reason? i think nerfed hoil is probably still optimal on void titan, sadly.

Void titans’ only real options are Doomfangs and Helm of Saint 14 and I don’t see that changing.