Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

which group would u rather have in your ukraine thread gbs posters or trump thread posters

there was disappointingly big overlap between the two lol

I guess that made them ex trumpers but still it was really weird/sad to see a ton of trump/succ threaders run to gbs as soon as the war started to then qq about tankies and evil cspam or whatever. like chinatown and rah and a bunch of others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

two-time fee posted:

Also, suggesting people just go to the CSPAM thread was pretty insulting. A good comparison would be closing down a feminist forum and telling everyone to just go post in the incel forum, cause it's all about women anyway

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

theyre right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

there was disappointingly big overlap between the two lol

I guess that made them ex trumpers but still it was really weird/sad to see a ton of trump/succ threaders run to gbs as soon as the war started to then qq about tankies and evil cspam or whatever. like chinatown and rah and a bunch of others

i guess if you believe trump is the most evil fascist badguy of them all its not far to putin

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am going to nuke cspam

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

i guess if you believe trump is the most evil fascist badguy of them all its not far to putin

russiagate broke so many brains. I’m convinced most of the bloodlust psycho jingoistic frenzy is retribution over russiagate hoax

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

two-time fee posted:

Also, suggesting people just go to the CSPAM thread was pretty insulting. A good comparison would be closing down a feminist forum and telling everyone to just go post in the incel forum, cause it's all about women anyway

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

speng31b posted:

Now I'm told to take it to C-SPAM. They have four threads on the main page with a "Marxism" label. Like 50% of the posters have a Bernie Sanders AV. I had multiple of their ilk PM me over the years to say I need the guillotine because I own too much property.

Am I loving crazy to not feel welcome there? I don't know if the C-Spam userbase is genuinely evil, because I can't tell if they're USA-hating communists (evil, obviously), or if it's all just an aesthetic cosplay (misguided, I'll say charitably). In either case, I don't think I want to have anything to do with them when there was already a place I could post without incident.

lol what a dork

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

weren't all the bernie avs bought by some outside troll or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

weren't all the bernie avs bought by some outside troll or something

they were boughbt by az who also is fluffdaddy, who also is a km alt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I have no idea, it just showed up one day. my old av used to link to the story I wrote that won a Thunderdome, now i have no glory in my AV

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

this is getting to be some inception poo poo

by which i mean it doesn't make sense and it sucks

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they were boughbt by az who also is fluffdaddy, who also is a km alt

oh ok carry on then

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
i heard a rumor they were boughbt by az who also is fluffdaddy, who also is a km alt

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Buck Wildman posted:

I love that sa rn is literally that twilight zone episode where they say commies are invading over the radio and a whole suburb burns itself to the ground in a panic while scientists take notes

"I... I was merely posting about Ukraine in C-SPAM.. I didn't... I didn't mean anything by it, I..."

looks in mirror, realizes he's Putin

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
rah became a nafo guy? that's disappointing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

boo boo bear posted:

rah became a nafo guy? that's disappointing

he’s my o-town homeboy so I’m not gunna poo poo talk him but yea he had an unfortunate number of gbs war posting (pre reconciliation thread nuking). anyways I think he’s quit the forums anyways so it’s moot

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Chinatown turned out to be some permabanned user from 15 years ago. I know nothing other than that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

Chinatown turned out to be some permabanned user from 15 years ago. I know nothing other than that.

I didn’t like him because he was too much epic catch phrase poster, but that poo poo is unfair and should be undone. or transfer it to butthole or web cam pervert

bad move to kick off new sad imo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
chinatown was an unremarkable gbs white noise catchphrase poster and admins might as well close gbs if they have a problem with posters like him :shrug:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
bernie sanders ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

500 good dogs posted:

chinatown was an unremarkable gbs white noise catchphrase poster and admins might as well close gbs if they have a problem with posters like him :shrug:

done

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Xaris posted:

he’s my o-town homeboy so I’m not gunna poo poo talk him but yea he had an unfortunate number of gbs war posting (pre reconciliation thread nuking). anyways I think he’s quit the forums anyways so it’s moot

lovely all around, dude was good vibes

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

russiagate broke so many brains. I’m convinced most of the bloodlust psycho jingoistic frenzy is retribution over russiagate hoax

i also think a lot of libs got their brain broke when putin started making GBS threads on obama's syria red lines. that's when anecdotally he seemed to go from "shirt off meme guy" to "existential enemy"

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

speng31b posted:

I enjoy shitposting and (attempting) to make funny puns about Russia's incompetence.

Now I'm told to take it to C-SPAM. They have four threads on the main page with a "Marxism" label. Like 50% of the posters have a Bernie Sanders AV. I had multiple of their ilk PM me over the years to say I need the guillotine because I own too much property.

Am I loving crazy to not feel welcome there? I don't know if the C-Spam userbase is genuinely evil, because I can't tell if they're USA-hating communists (evil, obviously), or if it's all just an aesthetic cosplay (misguided, I'll say charitably). In either case, I don't think I want to have anything to do with them when there was already a place I could post without incident.

i love this post so much. exquisite.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

requiem for a rent seeker

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023
I was taught in school that Marxism is bad because it doesn't and will never work in real life. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. But, I get that capitalism creates winners and losers. So if you're a loser I won't begrudge your stance. That's why both the C-SPAM and the GBS thread should stay.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

tokin opposition posted:

It's time to confess something: I'm t-man

This may come as a shock to many of you

didn't know that poster sorry

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
The behaviour of CSPAM. and the fact that SA administration repeatedly stands with that group is disturbing. It puts to rest the illusion that there is anything more than performative support for persecuted groups in leftist spaces. This time it's the Ukrainians. Next time it might be you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i told you so posted:

I was taught in school that Marxism is bad because it doesn't and will never work in real life. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. But, I get that capitalism creates winners and losers. So if you're a loser I won't begrudge your stance. That's why both the C-SPAM and the GBS thread should stay.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i told you so posted:

can we get ait some buttons in here please

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

speng31b posted:

I enjoy shitposting and (attempting) to make funny puns about Russia's incompetence.

Here's a fun magic spell: do a forums search for posts about wasabi peas written by the original poster of this unsourced quote

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
chinatown should be unperma'd for being a rereg or whatever the gently caress and reperma'd for being cringe. all these permas are a bunch of bullshit. except uh, a couple.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Here's a fun magic spell: do a forums search for posts about wasabi peas written by the original poster of this unsourced quote

:stare:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
share with the class

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

bamp

speng31b
May 8, 2010

loquacius posted:

holy poo poo

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023
fukken show us!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

lmfao

Zero VGS posted:

I ate a huge bag of wasabi peas on Friday and my boyfriend hosed me 8 hours later and he actually had to stop because even though my colon was pretty squeaky clean I managed to set his dick on fire from the residue. Yes, that was pretty much my weekend, how was yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

az being all 'oh i'm just busy and wanted to normalize stepping down ya know' like it wasn't just prior to the insanely stupid plan regarding SAD being rolled out to hilarious and easily foreseeable effect