Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shazback posted:

Catturd2 must live in the most impenetrable bubble ever created.

There is almost certainly more video footage of the russian invasion of Ukraine in one year than of the Vietnam war, Invasion of Panama, Yugoslav war, the wars in Afghanistan and Yemen, and the Iraq war produced in total.

This is an absolute galaxy brain take

The whole just make poo poo up or disregard poo poo in order to take up a narrative thing is textbook right wing playbook stuff though. Even then the modern internet and places like twitter are full of such complete morons that nobody can ever seem to call them out simply and directly on the obvious narrative falsehoods where it counts and if they get any clapback at all it tends to be low effort stuff making fun of Trump or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kdrudy posted:

I wonder how he's actually paying out to people, and who would be foolish enough to give Elon Musk's Twitter your bank account info.

Anyone willing to pay $8,- a month for basically just a tiny meaningless icon will likely trip over themselves to give out their bank info to pretty much anyone at even the slightest hint of maybe getting some money

Kale
May 14, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I long knew Musk was a piece of poo poo and an idiot, but if you had told me even a year ago that Elon Musk would reveal himself within the span of under a year to be unambiguously at least as stupid and pathetic as Donald Trump I would have called you insane.

Like this dumbass motherfucker is so goddamn pathetic he paid 44 billion dollars to try and make himself the main character of a social media website.

Yeah I really didn't expect him to go this all out full bore into being generic far right circle-jerk account #5741293 on twitter or seeming so little actual gain, but then again the culture wars have demonstrably broken America now so it kind of fits with the current state of western civilization. I figured he was just going to continue to lean into the bad jokes stuff more than anything while leaning right. He's just about the most right wingy guy that right wings without actively being involved in politics now though for sure and little different than say Mike Lindell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair his spiral seems to have been because of his family issues which being on Twitter 24/7 didn’t help

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Lazyfire posted:

I'm going to let the link do the work, but someone on Reddit remembered that back in the day you could link AIM profiles and emails and that Dilbert had a profile with a few racist emails hooked to it. I think the screenshot below says everything, but the relevant post is linked. If you don't want to look, Scott has been a weird racist for years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHumor/comments/11cpv7v/comment/ja6n620/?context=3&user_id=10322826&web_redirect=true

If I recall in one of his strip collections, there was a strip about a security guard who steals from the engineers desks and the security guard happened to be one of the only black characters to appear in the comic, ever

he pinned the blame on his colorist for choosing to inject diversity into the comic at that moment lol

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

pretty soft girl posted:

If I recall in one of his strip collections, there was a strip about a security guard who steals from the engineers desks and the security guard happened to be one of the only black characters to appear in the comic, ever

he pinned the blame on his colorist for choosing to inject diversity into the comic at that moment lol

When I was a kid I was weirdly into Dilbert and, yes, I remember reading that in one of the collections I had. Looking back on it as an adult, yeah, it's a bit more ominous. Do newspaper colorists get credited the way comic books do? Would it be possible for anyone to track down and try and e-mail or otherwise contact the colorist? Given what I now know about his history of sockpuppetry and obvious insane racism, I'd not be surprised to learn that was a bullshit excuse he made.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

...dilbert has a dedicated colorist? the characters are flood-filled solid colors and the backgrounds are linear gradients, surely adams could do that himself

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's often done by a syndicate colourist who does a bunch of different strips in about 10 minutes every day. Some papers don't want strips in colour so they're not supplied automatically coloured. It's why a lot of strips have jokes that are ruined by the colourist deciding to paint a night time sky bright blue or colour the redhead character blonde.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Crackbone posted:

Wish I could have an existential crisis about loving AI, instead of worrying if a medical emergency destroy's my family's finances, or if my daughter will have a world left to participate in.

Ooof. Too real.

Roblo posted:

Edit: oh man I didn't know that emoji was ": Elon :". Amazing.

Oh my god, that's delightful!

He never said the racism was against him... :thunk:

spunkshui posted:

I think its important to point out who was being racist in his “I got fired because of racism” post.

Yeah, that.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I know musk said he got rid of all the bots but I've been getting periodic follows from Japanese bots about ever hour or so. My follower account has increased by 50 so thanks I guess

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kale posted:

The whole just make poo poo up or disregard poo poo in order to take up a narrative thing is textbook right wing playbook stuff though. Even then the modern internet and places like twitter are full of such complete morons that nobody can ever seem to call them out simply and directly on the obvious narrative falsehoods where it counts and if they get any clapback at all it tends to be low effort stuff making fun of Trump or something.

Sure would have been great if back when people started raising the alarm about "fake news" it didn't instantly get coopted as a line of mockery against everything that is not literally fake news

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

goatface posted:

It's often done by a syndicate colourist who does a bunch of different strips in about 10 minutes every day. Some papers don't want strips in colour so they're not supplied automatically coloured. It's why a lot of strips have jokes that are ruined by the colourist deciding to paint a night time sky bright blue or colour the redhead character blonde.

A bit more info about comic colouring (and its weirdness) makes for a good read here: http://wondermark.com/garfield-color/

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
The Calvin and Hobbes 10th anniversary book is great for insight into this stuff too. He gets into basically how he grew to have the creative power to say “you’ll use my colors, I only do half pages, and you’ll print the whole thing, I will not be doing any more throw-away frames, or you do not get C+H,” because he was sick of adapting his art to all the ways the papers could gently caress it up.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1630300101594734593?cxt=HHwWgoCzjcDT_p8tAAAA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That's right moron, catch that shooting starpoop.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
For the umpteenth time, just showing the world that he has the most dogshit sense of humor.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Elon, a man with his fingers firmly on the pulse of the zeitgeist, decides that today is the day he wants to attach his name to Scott Adams' public flameout.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe we'll get a round of advertisers loudly pulling their ads from Twitter, trying to recapture the magic of when they did it the first time

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

son (crying): i wish i wasn't white
dad: NOBODY CANCELS MY BOY

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

has anyone been as consistently wrong about everything as Elon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stop cancelling comedy!

*bans another hundred accounts for making jokes about him*

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Imagine ever liking Dilbert.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

no comedy has ever been cancelled you loving dunce. you loving idiot supreme.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

louis ck made pedophilia/raciosm jokes for his entire career and they were pretty funny. he was cancelled for pulling his dick out in front of people. chapelle made a bunch of deeply unfunny jokes about trans people and ... literally nothing happened.

suck my dick elon, you fucker.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

E the Shaggy posted:

*young engineering intern me awkwardly looks down and shuffles feet*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is this still about him getting booed?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Buce posted:

louis ck made pedophilia/raciosm jokes for his entire career and they were pretty funny. he was cancelled for pulling his dick out in front of people. chapelle made a bunch of deeply unfunny jokes about trans people and ... literally nothing happened.

Louis might have lost his FX show but he sure as poo poo wasn't canceled. He recently performed at Madison Square Garden.

A lot of comedians, Tom Segura, Bert Kreischer, and Theo Vonn really showed their rear end by acting like nothing happened and having Louis on their shows. Louis didn't rape the women he jerked off in front of, but he sure as poo poo destroyed their careers when they tried to speak out against him. gently caress that rear end in a top hat, and I'm saying this as a former huge fan of his.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

goatface posted:

Always was

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

E the Shaggy posted:

Louis might have lost his FX show but he sure as poo poo wasn't canceled. He recently performed at Madison Square Garden.

A lot of comedians, Tom Segura, Bert Kreischer, and Theo Vonn really showed their rear end by acting like nothing happened and having Louis on their shows. Louis didn't rape the women he jerked off in front of, but he sure as poo poo destroyed their careers when they tried to speak out against him. gently caress that rear end in a top hat, and I'm saying this as a former huge fan of his.

Yeah he's a sick gently caress, the only difference between him and Weinstein is he hasn't graduated to straight sexual assault yet.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

goatface posted:

Search your heart, you already know the answer

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

i agree

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Buce posted:

No he wasn't "cancelled" because a person cannot be cancelled, only a TV or radio show can be cancelled. Stop adopting the language of the far-right.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

E the Shaggy posted:

It was funny, once upon a time, when I was just starting out in the corpo world, and Scott was still actually working for a living in a corpo world, meaning that the jokes had relevance and hit home. Aside from being a racist Boomer, he's out of touch with actually working for a living, and has been for years. Note that the pointy-haired boss lost weight and gained competence. Wonder where Scott's allegiances shifted?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I'm here to ask the important questions, like how I personally can do more to make sure he faces repercussions for being a racist boomer poo poo sack.

Replace boomer with genx and it works for either Elom or klanbert.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/agirlcalledcake/status/1630305588113469442

Good god, Scott's been off the trails far longer than I remembered :psyduck:
I think that was during the period where I'd just completely lost awareness of Dilbert as an existing property, I definitely don't remember hearing anything weird about him at the time.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Darchangel posted:

It was funny, once upon a time, when I was just starting out in the corpo world, and Scott was still actually working for a living in a corpo world, meaning that the jokes had relevance and hit home. Aside from being a racist Boomer, he's out of touch with actually working for a living, and has been for years. Note that the pointy-haired boss lost weight and gained competence. Wonder where Scott's allegiances shifted?

Boss: We're moving up the launch to tomorrow and everyone else is fired
Dilbert: YES SIR
Boss: And get rid of that loving dog.
Dilbert: DOGS ARE THE WORST SIR

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Dilbert seems to be Falling down fanfiction, but like a prequel

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Never forget the time Adams started posting sock puppet accounts everywhere to defend his horrible writing.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

SLOSifl posted:

son (crying): i wish i wasn't white
Scott adams: IM GOING TO WATCH YOU DIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

Never forget the time Adams started posting sock puppet accounts everywhere to defend his horrible writing.

also never forget the time scott adams said he watched his step-son die instead of helping them because there is no fixing troubled young men:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1544679513870647296