Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Any guesses?

https://twitter.com/pdxinteractive/status/1630252004043005953?s=46&t=BK-HTzUq2PVop31QYqmYGg

I guess I wouldn’t expect any new PDS game announcements. Probably EU/CK expansions at least, though.

Edit: never mind! The press release confirms the new games are from HBS, Colossal Order and Paradox Tectonic. Can’t wait to see what HBS has been up to and see whatever Cities 2 will be.

Anno fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Victoria 4

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Oh my God, I feel like I've been waiting forever for the new HBS game (but it's somehow only been a couple years). I'm still hoping for Battletech 2 but I'm assuming it'll be something new.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
EU5?

Anno
May 10, 2017

Randallteal posted:

Oh my God, I feel like I've been waiting forever for the new HBS game (but it's somehow only been a couple years). I'm still hoping for Battletech 2 but I'm assuming it'll be something new.

I kind of hope that one of the reasons it’s “presented by Xbox” is because it’ll be a new Battletech (or I guess Shadowrun?).

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Imperator 2 or riot

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Imperator Germany

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

march of the eagles 2 baby lets go

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

march of the eagles 2 baby lets go

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anno posted:

I kind of hope that one of the reasons it’s “presented by Xbox” is because it’ll be a new Battletech (or I guess Shadowrun?).

Crimson Skies strategy game baby let's go

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Anno posted:

Collaborating with Activision and taking Europa Universalis in a new direction with Call of Duty: Early Modern Warfare.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Drone posted:

Crimson Skies strategy game baby let's go

Crimson skies: homeworld

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
HBS has been rumored to be working on Vampire Bloodlines 2. Maybe it's that.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

EU5 seems most likely to me. Oldest game. Meltiest, soggiest, most in need of a revamp game. Outside options are HOI and Stellaris but neither seem halfway as likely.

If we're talking entire new gamelines, maybe some sort of fantasy thing? That's what they've not got. Unless they want to cover the Bronze Age, or Late Antiquity, or the Cold War. Which I really doubt they do.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

As I recall, Paradox Tectonic is the studio run by a former Linden Lab CEO. I hope they haven't been making Paradox Metaverse With Innovative Totally New Blockchain Technology™.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

EU5 seems most likely to me. Oldest game. Meltiest, soggiest, most in need of a revamp game. Outside options are HOI and Stellaris but neither seem halfway as likely.

If we're talking entire new gamelines, maybe some sort of fantasy thing? That's what they've not got. Unless they want to cover the Bronze Age, or Late Antiquity, or the Cold War. Which I really doubt they do.

None of the new games are from PDS

Anno
May 10, 2017

Drakhoran posted:

As I recall, Paradox Tectonic is the studio run by a former Linden Lab CEO. I hope they haven't been making Paradox Metaverse With Innovative Totally New Blockchain Technology™.

I think it’ll be more towards the Sims side of things.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

east vs west remastered, with extra straits

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

its gonna be the pds sims game

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

empire of sin 2

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dorkopotamis posted:

Lol that train wreck is never coming out.

BattletechxShadowrun cross over beat'em up.

Anno
May 10, 2017

On the website for the program it says HBS is going to “bring storytelling home”. Idk what that means but I’m going to guess it means it’ll be a Paradox IP, which would probably mean World of Darkness?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Battletech RPG could be sick. HBS is based in Seattle IIRC and obviously has experience converting tabletop settings to games, so getting them to help with Vampire 2 would make sense, but they would need another studio to help with the technical aspects of a AAA 3D open world game.

Two things I will groan at (but still hold out hope for if they're the case):

- Tie-in with a big external license (Star Wars, Marvel, etc)
- Live service online component

HBS approaches projects in a kooky way (selling the Shadowrun games as player creation studios first and RPGs second, launching the Battletech kickstarter as a skirmishes-only multiplayer focused wargame with single player content as a stretch goal) so I'm expecting the unexpected. If it isn't going to be Shadowrun or Battletech-related I'm hoping for something completely original or at least a license that's somewhat in their wheelhouse (maybe they can get some of that Cyberpunk money?)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Anno posted:

On the website for the program it says HBS is going to “bring storytelling home”. Idk what that means but I’m going to guess it means it’ll be a Paradox IP, which would probably mean World of Darkness?

The new HBS game is going to be a bleakly black comedy RPG. Nordic Noir: The RPG.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

EU5 seems most likely to me.

V for Vegas posted:

Lol that train wreck is never coming out.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Anno posted:

“bring storytelling home”

Taking advantage of the recent Wizards of the Coast OGL shakeup to announce a high fantasy pen and paper roleplaying setting with integrated virtual tabletop support?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Runemaster is being resurrected

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Enjoy posted:

Taking advantage of the recent Wizards of the Coast OGL shakeup to announce a high fantasy pen and paper roleplaying setting with integrated virtual tabletop support?

Europas and Universalisis 1.0

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
For context, "Storyteller" is what White Wolf (and therefore the World of Darkness RPGs) use as their term for Game Master (E: and as the overarching name for their system of all-d10s-all-the-time). "Bring storytelling home" implying a WoD game seems like a safe bet. Alternatively, they're outright buying Onyx Path and we're getting the off-brand X-Men tactics game that Trinity was always meant to deliver.

Enjoy posted:

PDS did start as an offshoot of the pen and paper RPG publisher responsible for the 2nd most popular fantasy RPG of the 1980s. Dragonfire 2: VTT Boogaloo would not be my first bet, even with Fria Ligan/Free League's new edition of the P&P game around the corner.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dorkopotamis posted:

Would be an incredibly ballsy move to announce the game they quietly killed as a new game, lol.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
The thumbnail for the preview is a woman cosplaying as an Anarch. VTMB2 confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbJZqnuNYg

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I hope HBS stays away from Bloodlines 2, unless they change it to a turnbased tactical/strategy game.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
It's Runemaster

Anno
May 10, 2017

They already said Bloodlines won’t be at the show.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Putting aside the fact that there won't be new PDS games announced, if they were to announce EU5 it would be at a bigger venue like PDXCON, not this. The pie-in-the-sky dream here is pulling Imperator from retirement and announcing new DLC for it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

its gonna be a sims game and its gonna be lame.as hell lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

can't believe Wiz finally finished Victoria's Secret

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
PDX website says

quote:

3 new games, 4 new expansions, gameplay reveals, and updates! Colossal Order, Harebrained Schemes, Paradox Tectonic, and the whole Paradox family of studios will be there. Tune in here on March 6 at 18:00 CET.

Presumably the expansions are Victoria, Hearts of Iron, Europa and Crusader Kings

Gort fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 28, 2023

Anno
May 10, 2017

EU, CK and Surviving the Aftermath I think are 100% confirmed to get expansions. 4th one idk but I’d be surprise if it was for Victoria with where they are in the patch cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anno posted:

EU, CK and Surviving the Aftermath I think are 100% confirmed to get expansions. 4th one idk but I’d be surprise if it was for Victoria with where they are in the patch cycle.
I was actually just wondering to myself if it would be V3 DLC since we're about to get 1.2 for post-release support so I would not be surprised if they moved towards adding a DLC in 1-2 months.