Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

T1g4h posted:

Ornament, you say? Where can I find this?

It's in the datamined files of lightfall. Spoiler alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

On PC how TF do I exit the game without going back to orbit?

Right now I have to go back to orbit and press B on the controller to bring up the menu to exit to desktop.

There is a way I am missing right?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MarcusSA posted:

Right now I have to go back to orbit and press B on the controller to bring up the menu to exit to desktop.

shift+esc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

muike posted:

shift+esc

OK is there a controller combo that does that?

Yes I can just lean forward but still!

(thanks!)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Excited to see where my guardians rank is upon login.

MarcusSA posted:

My complaint with those pop ups is I couldn’t find them again because I clicked too fast and wanted to go back and read what it said.

They NEED an in-game news section badly. For updates and stuff like the popups and what is rank boosted this week.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I hadn't logged in for an entire year and also had a barrage of pop ups like this lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

(thanks!)

it's in the gameplay menu under settings for some stupid reason

(also change character, which is the quick way to quit some things)

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I was playing through New Light with some friends who's lives I was trying to poison for my own benefit and the new light campaign has you walk through the same cosmodrome section 3 times.

3 times! My friends couldn't believe it. Part of me was annoyed that I did all this sales work for bungie only for them to bungle the layup but part of me had to respect their integrity for accurately representing the rest of the game

Also new light is such a bad introduction for new players, just let them jump into the actually good Witch Queen campaign

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1630372636315484160?s=20

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

drat really? They usually don't let "Extra Charge" exotics stack with a subclass bonus for an extra charge

That's cool

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I didn't do the final season mission and just watched the cutscene, because I'm actually doing something creative IRL that's more fun than playing D2 on Legendary. Was it just Seraph with different voice lines or something? Is it different or shorter?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1630372636315484160?s=20

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Roman posted:

I didn't do the final season mission and just watched the cutscene, because I'm actually doing something creative IRL that's more fun than playing D2 on Legendary. Was it just Seraph with different voice lines or something? Is it different or shorter?

Shorter and different - you get dropped in at the space walk, have a little battle with Eramis in the hanger bay, do some quick combat inside, get to the final boss room and fight a different boss. I don't think it had the suppression mechanic either.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beGLAnX7-J0

The boss theme for the final boss of Root of Nightmares raid. It's definitely a banger.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 28, 2023

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The boss theme for the final boss of Root of Nightmares raid.

sanctified mind still the best boss theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=398oA98hfMc

maaaaaaaaaaaannnn I wish there was a good way to participate in blind or semi blind raids for people who don't have the time or inclination to grind for day 1. I love the feeling of muddling through a raid with other people who aren't really sure what to do but it's so hard to get a group of casual raiders together

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Raid guns are ugly but I like the archetypes

Season of the Deep dungeon & weapon set & Comp weapon are extremely good news

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Doing a raid 2 months later with an experienced group who tells you where to go and how to stand never really gets me going the way floundering in the pleasure gardens for 3 hours until 2 of the people in the raid quit destiny forever used to

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

dodgeblan posted:

Doing a raid 2 months later with an experienced group who tells you where to go and how to stand never really gets me going the way floundering in the pleasure gardens for 3 hours until 2 of the people in the raid quit destiny forever used to

Oh, so were one of the other people in my blind Leviathan raid too?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MarcusSA posted:

(thanks!)

sorry i was kind of posting that in a dickheadish way but I do believe the easiest way to to exit out is that keyboard shortcut.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dodgeblan posted:

thats why world first day rules

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

The REAL Goobusters posted:

thats why world first day rules

Yeah but I'd like to punish myself without first sacrificing a week of my life

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I hope we get to see Datto get hosed out of his world's first again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I used to think I liked doing stuff blind, but whenever I‘ve tried I always end up thinking “can we just loving look this up already”

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's tough because Blind Raids require a 'quarterback' so it's not just six people having Ideas all over each other

But your typical blind raid has approximately 6 quarterbacks

I'm enough of a goofus and play with goofusy-enough goofuses that it's mighty hard to learn a raid even while reading the precise instructions of how everything works

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I did a late to the party blind run of Prophecy the other day and it was pretty fun, but easier to convince 2 other people to stick it out than 5

Also that's just a cool fuckin dungeon

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The boss theme for the final boss of Root of Nightmares raid. It's definitely a banger.

Raid speculation:

There's tones of Calus'/Cabal theme in it, maybe this is the 'kill Calus for realsies' raid?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dungeons are way easier to puzzle out because they generally don’t have wipe conditions (with the notable and aggravating exception of Duality) and it’s generally possible to halfass an encounter and see that it sort of worked or could have worked and tweak it live without having to start over

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie announced where the raid takes place and it ain't anywhere Calus is

That guy is getting d-e-d dead on Neomuna during the campaign, guaranteed

Raid bosses have a 100% chance of being Otzot and Nezarec given where it takes place and what pieces are left on the table after the campaign

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

I used to think I liked doing stuff blind, but whenever I‘ve tried I always end up thinking “can we just loving look this up already”

After our 6th wipe on Baths, one guy suggested we look up a guide to just that encounter, only to be yelled at by the fireteam lead.
"NO THEN THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A BLIND RAID!"

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

It's something so simple that I never really think about it, and of course I can't launch the game right now to double check, but I am pretty sure I just exit the game from anywhere by pressing ESC and choosing exit game from that menu. Maybe that option is hidden by default and you need to enable it in the settings menu?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Rhulk and the Sol Divisive boss were completely made up within the expansion without prior references, wouldn't be surprised if RoNs boss was the same

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Paracausal posted:

Rhulk and the Sol Divisive boss were completely made up within the expansion without prior references, wouldn't be surprised if RoNs boss was the same

Sol Divisive and their giant forested robots were literally the first bosses of Destiny. It didn't just show up in the expansion lol.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The name and role of the boss wasn't, they were statues defending a floating turd we read about on a grimoire card

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The floating turd was bootleg version of The Veil and it's crazy that bongo would reference that again when it was some of the most suckbutt content in the franchise

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Sorry, I know "new player" questions are endless...

Should I buy the legacy collection? I'm F2P and want more poo poo to do. Lightfall is expensive for me and for a third the price I get 3 DLCs - just not sure if it's worthwhile. TIA

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

truther posted:

Sorry, I know "new player" questions are endless...

Should I buy the legacy collection? I'm F2P and want more poo poo to do. Lightfall is expensive for me and for a third the price I get 3 DLCs - just not sure if it's worthwhile. TIA

I personally think that it's best to play latest content and then pick up older stuff later. But I'd lean toward playing Witch Queen unless you want to play lovely campaigns. Destiny 2 has largely just gotten better as time has gone on.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I’m gonna drop a hot take to keep us all engaged while the servers are down

I don’t think Nimbus is that hot tbh

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

muike posted:

shift+esc

Alt + f4 works as well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Weebly posted:

Like wtf am I to do as a Titan? Synthoceps? They look like garbage!

Do what I did about a year ago. Swap mains to hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I want to combine Broodweaver with The Colony