Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Every now and then I'm reminded that 20 years ago wasn't the 90s

Pretty sure it's just ragebait but do the needful just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lived in Missoula for 15 years! Cool place, great college town, highly recommended, but you gotta dig all the outdoorsy poo poo. Summer is time for kayaking/rafting Alberton Gorge, or mountain biking if that’s your jam, I know up the Rattlesnake Wilderness is super popular, and can bug some folks about whether any of the other old trails are still around (Snowbowl and Marshall Mountain ski areas come to mind). Lots of amazing hiking, Bob Marshall Wilderness is great if you want to backpack overnight, or generally just out in the Bitterroot Valley to stay close to town for day trips. Driving up toward Ronan for the Bison Refuge is a rad quick car trip, or as far as Polson/Lake Flathead for lake shenanigans. Also, tons of amazing breweries throughout the state! Bayern is my fave, but Big Sky is always popular, and there’s a bajillion more.

Outside of that, Bozeman is okay, kinda similar on a smaller scale, but way closer to Yellowstone. If you’re around there check out the Paradise Valley, there’s a hot springs resort in there whose name eludes me but that was real pretty. Head up north to Whitefish/Kalispell for more of a tourist town too. Let me think for more than a quick bathroom break and I can probably throw more at you!

Edit: poo poo, forgot Kettlehouse, my ACTUAL favorite brewery, go there and get Cold Smoke, it’s a good life choice

Hell yeah Cold Smoke is good poo poo. My lake neighbor brings it to me all the time.

I live 60 miles from eastern Montana and have been there twice. Eastern Montana is poo poo.

Heading into the Rocky's in two weeks to ski for my first time tho, so excited for that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Thanks for the recs and info, all! I never travel so this is being planned for like September/ October.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Anyone got recommendations on hot sauce variety packs (habanero, jalapeño, verde). Just finished my last sampler of the guy from Offsprings’ brand, pretty good.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Valentina Extra Hot,
Secret Aardvark Habanero,
Yellowbird Serrano,
& a 4 pack of Taco Bell sauces has you pretty much covered for most situations

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Besides fancy stuff these are the work horses

Only thing I use the mild sauce besides Taco Bell is it’s a great breakfast burrito sauce

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

Anyone got recommendations on hot sauce variety packs (habanero, jalapeño, verde). Just finished my last sampler of the guy from Offsprings’ brand, pretty good.

I got a Cholula variety pack for Christmas a couple years back and while I could take or leave their base sauce, there was some really good stuff in there. I put the chili garlic sauce on loads of stuff and the the Jalapeño/poblano sauce is really good too. It also had a pineapple habanero bottle that was delicious on cracklins.

My favorite overall sauce is Valentina but seems like I have to hunt for it these days.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh hey I get to talk up a local product that conveniently sells 4- and 5-packs. None of their sauces are eye-searingly spicy (Denverites seem to be crybabies about any level of spice beyond mustard; ask me about the travails of finding a Thai or Indian place where I don’t have to plead with the staff to push it past a slight tickle) but they are big on flavor.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Cholula variety pack

In SoCal Cholula vs Tapatio is urban warfare on the scale of Coke vs Pepsi, I walk into a diner that has a corked bottle I know I’m in the wrong spot

I’ve heard about Valentine for awhile and in my mind I just picture Tabasco and fuuuuuuuck Tabasco

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 28, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a sexual elk posted:

In SoCal Cholula vs Tapatio is urban warfare on the scale of Coke vs Pepsi, I walk into a diner that has a corked bottle I know I’m in the wrong spot

I’ve heard about Valentine for awhile and in my mind I just picture Tabasco and fuuuuuuuck Tabasco

CHOLULA SUPREMACY

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cholula chili lime sauce is loving S Tier.

a sexual elk posted:

Yo, there's a thing called Fuego Box which is like bark box except for hot sauce. My friend liked it when I got it for him for a few months for his bday.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 28, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Throw another vote on Yellowbird. You can build your own variety pack if you order from them.

The Serrano is the most versatile but the habanero is my favorite.

a sexual elk posted:

Valentina is better than either cholula or tapatio imo but we intermittently have them in the house too. Valentina is the staple.

Also Tabasco is trash but their smoked variety is god-tier breakfast hot sauce.

Our slate currently is Sriracha, Cholula, Valentina, Yellowbird Habanero and Serrano, Franks, and a little thing of Texas Pete.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a neat cape posted:

CHOLULA SUPREMACY

Correct. Cholula is definitely the preferred hot sauce in Mexican restaurants in chicago.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I don't remember who said they were starting Black Lotus a couple weeks ago, but I saw this again and it still makes me laugh

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoIDM0tLscM/?igshid=MWMzM2Q4ZmE=

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

CHOLULA SUPREMACY

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

Oh no, Valentina is nothing like Tabasco. Tabasco is just red vinegar. Valentina actually tastes like chili peppers and has a much thicker consistency. It's almost like ketchup in thickness and it sticks to any food you put it on. That's one of the things I like about it.

I've had both Cholula and Tapatio and can't say I have a preference. They're both okay. Cholula is way easier to find around here though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

There's also a hot sauce I've seen pop up at taco trucks around here called Salsa Huichol which I loving love, but I never see it in stores anywhere. I need to just order some.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I have both Cholula and Tapatio in my fridge, Tapatio is definitely more vinegary so they each kinda have their own time and place

But still, Cholula supremacy

E:not really a hot sauce but a sauce nonetheless, everyone should have a bottle of Bachan’s Hot and Spicy Japanese BBQ on hand it’s so good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Throw another vote on Yellowbird. You can build your own variety pack if you order from them.

The Serrano is the most versatile but the habanero is my favorite.

Valentina is better than either cholula or tapatio imo but we intermittently have them in the house too. Valentina is the staple.

Also Tabasco is trash but their smoked variety is god-tier breakfast hot sauce.

Our slate currently is Sriracha, Cholula, Valentina, Yellowbird Habanero and Serrano, Franks, and a little thing of Texas Pete.

Everything in this post is correct.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I used to get this hot sauce from Panama called Delidas that was a basic habanero sauce but was super good. There is a local place here that makes an awesome Key Lime Cilantro Jalapeno sauce that isn't too spicy but goes great on chicken. I am mostly excited because my habanero plant has come back with a vengeance and is fruiting like crazy. Going to make some hot sauce with that (if anyone has any decent recipes hit me up). Also, my friend has a mango tree going off now so will make a mango habanero sauce at some point too.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
does anyone have gochujang recommendations

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

swickles posted:

I used to get this hot sauce from Panama called Delidas that was a basic habanero sauce but was super good. There is a local place here that makes an awesome Key Lime Cilantro Jalapeno sauce that isn't too spicy but goes great on chicken. I am mostly excited because my habanero plant has come back with a vengeance and is fruiting like crazy. Going to make some hot sauce with that (if anyone has any decent recipes hit me up). Also, my friend has a mango tree going off now so will make a mango habanero sauce at some point too.

He lives!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

But then again, who does?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, I just took some ibuprofen and resurrected. Don't know why everyone doesn't do that, but I'm built different.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I use cholula on my canned fish like sardines or kippers.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Whole lot of sleeping on Yucateco going on here

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I use cholula on my canned fish like sardines or kippers.

https://i.imgur.com/3VwfviR.mp4

dirty shrimp money posted:

Also this. Yucateco's Extra Hot or whatever it's called is amazing. Especially on eggs.

Local farmer's markets are also clutch for finding awesome hot sauces.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

The green one is fire in a bottle and it’s great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

has anyone gotten the Hot Ones variety pack, it's expensive for one of the full ten-packs but that's because they're full-size bottles
https://heatonist.com/collections/hot-ones-packs-1
still expensive for ten bottles really, like $12 per bottle is pretty steep

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

has anyone gotten the Hot Ones variety pack, it's expensive for one of the full ten-packs but that's because they're full-size bottles

I've always wanted to try The Last Dab and some of their other sauces but it's just way too expensive.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I wish I wasn't such a coward for hot sauce. Even a mild seasoning burns :sigh:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I went through a phase 4-5 years ago of making my own hot sauce and I've been itching to do it again now that I'm finally running out of the stuff I made last time, thank you chat thread for the inspiration :hf:

Leperflesh posted:

I wonder what % of Da Bomb sales can be traced back to this show. I hope the people who make that stuff at least send Sean Evans a Christmas card every year for all of the free advertising.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Last Dab is perfect on fried chicken

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I've done their 3-pack with Garlic Fresno, Los Calientes, and Last Dab Apollo a few times now. I loving love it. GF is great for stir fry, LC is great for eggs and a bunch of other stuff, Last Dab is awesome in chili (in very small amounts). My only gripe is I tend to blow through the first two before I even make a dent in the Last Dab.

Edit also a drop of Last Dab on a spoon is 50/50 for curing hiccups but even if it doesn't work it's funny

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I wish I wasn't such a coward for hot sauce. Even a mild seasoning burns :sigh:

That’s just the Midwest in you. It’s OK, sometimes black pepper is a kick

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yesss more of this please

https://twitter.com/generalorthomd/status/1630349366497095684?t=JKjPFw4apFVBBwLcnDR5RA&s=19

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Fifty Three posted:

I've done their 3-pack with Garlic Fresno, Los Calientes, and Last Dab Apollo a few times now. I loving love it. GF is great for stir fry, LC is great for eggs and a bunch of other stuff, Last Dab is awesome in chili (in very small amounts). My only gripe is I tend to blow through the first two before I even make a dent in the Last Dab.

Edit also a drop of Last Dab on a spoon is 50/50 for curing hiccups but even if it doesn't work it's funny

As a kid my dad insisted that having me do a shot of vinegar was a cure for hiccups, it took me way too long to figure out he was just loving with me. Now I’m not sure whether it’s a good sign that my kid’s smart or a bad sign that she doesn’t trust me but she absolutely refused to even consider attempting it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

does anyone have gochujang recommendations

It comes in a red plastic square container. You can find it at any Asian grocery store in the Korean section, or at like Whole Foods.

Or order it here

CJ Haechandle Gochujang - Hot Pepper Paste, Korean Traditional Fermented Jang, Made with Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sweet & Spicy Flavor, 1.1 Lb (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/aCtemMk

They also make a soybean paste that’s really good for Korean dips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

As a kid my dad insisted that having me do a shot of vinegar was a cure for hiccups, it took me way too long to figure out he was just loving with me. Now I’m not sure whether it’s a good sign that my kid’s smart or a bad sign that she doesn’t trust me but she absolutely refused to even consider attempting it.

I think your dad was just a better cold seller.