Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm back, I, aaaaa

wb

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:eyepop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what was on the pizzas? i bet it was oreos.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Attention: Elden Ring enjoyers

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1630478058103734274?t=1r2A8AUoYil7D8TG6i1wrw&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Skypie posted:

I would like a Little Caesar's pizza

On at least two occasions my boss has been like "How about we get Little Caeser's for lunch tomorrow" and every time we're stunned because... Who the gently caress PLANS for Little Caeser's? Tha's not pizza for planning ahead, that's pizza for going "poo poo, I want pizza now and I'm impatient/short on cash"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
little caesar's is what we used to get in my high school D&D group because we were all broke as poo poo and the prospect of several $5 pizzas was extremely worth the indigestion

I haven't had a tiny augustus since then and the nearest one is like five miles away but I can't imagine it's improved any

e: nine bucks for a pizza and four bucks for crazy bread now. lord have mercy

Kazinsal has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Feb 28, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Was the first Elden ring thing all PvP content? Im a pve/coop guy so skipped it under the impression it was

EDIT: VV Ahhh thats the one I meant. Its all good, I did my 4 clears at launch so will no doubt get a few more done when this big dlc drops

Dandywalken has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Feb 28, 2023

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, there was a free update that added PvP arenas a few months ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I clearly didn’t have a clue what classes I picked but my PC girl is a warrior and my Xbox dude is a vagabond.

I bought the warrior girl a new shield but she still takes damage when she blocks where the vagabond dude who has a metal shield doesn’t take any damage.

I’m getting there I think.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah each shield has its own amount of damage absorption as well as stam usage on block.

I always liked the idea of no-selling colossal hits from giants and 30 foot tall monsters via shield block, so Fingerprint Shield was what I used when feeling shield-y.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao wb

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big fan of the pizza rhino

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

This is someone who is looking forward to the coming grease coma

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
welcome back, rhino

sorry about the everything

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm back, I, aaaaa

Look what they have done to your house

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

this thread is all grounded until next month, i mean it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You can go get the beast crest shield immediately on starting the game and if you decide you aren't having fun just look up where that is.

A bunch of my early time in Elden Ring was not having a good shield and it took me ages to just ask a friend where to get a good shield early on.

The game itself puts another 100% phys block shield directly in your path in case you haven't found one eventually and I used that for the entire rest of the game with the weapon art set to "none".

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
Trying to play with a shield is the best way in the previous games to get frustrated and bored, but I've heard that elden ring makes a lot of changes to make it an actual workable way to play the game. It's pretty impressive how much you can improve a series if you're willing to use assets and systems from previous games rather than spending all your time making everything as graphically flashy and new as possible.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah shields are actually pretty good in Elden Ring. I also appreciate the special parry weapon arts that make parrying easier or give you a medium-ranged parry (things like Carian Retaliation and Golden Parry). They make it really fun to fight by parrying and riposting enemies and you can do it much more easily than with the default parry.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i've been stuck in fluffdaddy prison for a week, things sure went to poo poo around here huh

anyway wooooooo elden ring dlc baby

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gently caress yes

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

love you rhino, hope you had a good vacay

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like having a shield around in case I don't know when to roll into an attack, but rolling into an attack is usually way cheaper on stamina (even with shield buffs and a good shield) and usually offers a free hit on the enemy unless you are using something abysmally slow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

I like having a shield around in case I don't know when to roll into an attack, but rolling into an attack is usually way cheaper on stamina (even with shield buffs and a good shield) and usually offers a free hit on the enemy unless you are using something abysmally slow.

I think my issue was / is I’m rolling away from the attacks.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Been playing a bunch of retro baseball games for a work thing, and there are some real bangers out there among the trash. Some highlights:

(NES) Cyber Stadium Series - Base Wars: "what if baseball was played with robots?" and then taken to its most logical extreme. Pitchers fire balls out of arm cannons ala Megaman, baserunners get into actual physical fights with infielders, people explode, and so on. Really goofy, and really fun.

(SNES) Super Baseball 2020 - Similar to Base Wars, less extreme but much better gameplay and presentation. In the future, cyberplayers are so powerful they had to change homerun rules. Now the entire stadium is covered in protective glass and dingers only count if you hit it out of center field - otherwise they bounce back into play, with the chaos that implies. Also every few innings they place landmines on the field

(SNES) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball - No gimmicks, just a very good baseball game and branded by the greatest to ever play the game. go m's.

(Wii) Mario Super Sluggers - Extremely good sports game, extremely good Mario game, with way more features and characters than you'd ever expect. It feels like a Mario game themed around baseball instead of the other way around. Really excellent, can't believe I missed this in college, this would have been on par with Smash or Kart. Bring this one back already Nintendo, holy poo poo!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

(SNES) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball - No gimmicks, just a very good baseball game and branded by the greatest to ever play the game. go m's.

This was one of my favorites!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

they seem to knock most mario sports games out of the park. bring back sluggers

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

WarpDogs posted:

(NES) Cyber Stadium Series - Base Wars: "what if baseball was played with robots?" and then taken to its most logical extreme. Pitchers fire balls out of arm cannons ala Megaman, baserunners get into actual physical fights with infielders, people explode, and so on. Really goofy, and really fun.

This was a game I rented once as a kid and loving loved, but could never remember what it was called and the place we rented it from never had it again. It wasn't until emulation let me finally rediscover this gem.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

WarpDogs posted:

Been playing a bunch of retro baseball games for a work thing, and there are some real bangers out there among the trash. Some highlights:

(SNES) Super Baseball 2020 - Similar to Base Wars, less extreme but much better gameplay and presentation. In the future, cyberplayers are so powerful they had to change homerun rules. Now the entire stadium is covered in protective glass and dingers only count if you hit it out of center field - otherwise they bounce back into play, with the chaos that implies. Also every few innings they place landmines on the field

(Wii) Mario Super Sluggers - Extremely good sports game, extremely good Mario game, with way more features and characters than you'd ever expect. It feels like a Mario game themed around baseball instead of the other way around. Really excellent, can't believe I missed this in college, this would have been on par with Smash or Kart. Bring this one back already Nintendo, holy poo poo!!

where the hell do you work that has you playing retro baseball games, that's awesome

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The retro baseball game factory

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I started a CK3 game as an Irish noble in Connacht and have so far conquered several other provinces. Hopefully soon I can create the kingdom of Ireland but alas now it is time for work

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Super Baseball 2020 kicks rear end and the Neogeo version is certainly... something. It adds mines to the field every inning? I can't remember what else it does differently.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

mutant league football and hockey both kicked rear end. we need updates to those and also a baseball version

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gamemasteranthony's birthday is today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

gamemasteranthony's birthday is today

Happy birthday gamemasteranthony!