Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Why is he good now??? Tree I mean, not Icefrog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Leech seed does good damage, great healing and lets you run at people nonstop during lane phase with trees obscene base damage, the change to living armour to be flat armour rather than damage block also makes it way more effective during mid-late game fights

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Big tree hides in trees, hits hard.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I got bodied by a Tree / Necro offlane so hard this weekend. I think I picked Chen first and they the carry picked Anti Mage last lol

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Quelling blade is only 100g now and you can literally chop down all the trees near lane before the game starts.

It's hilarious to see the tree get to lane and realize he's a slow, low armor melee with nowhere to hide.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I did Courier one in, wasn't thinking when buying my starting items but they were still able dive hard

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Anti Mage last lol

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

Quelling blade is only 100g now and you can literally chop down all the trees near lane before the game starts.

It's hilarious to see the tree get to lane and realize he's a slow, low armor melee with nowhere to hide.

Laughs in herald Dota.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i dropped out of guardian and into herald recently and the games are so much worse. last night had a Spectre eating poo poo in lane saying we just needed to wait for his timing. his timing was lvl 15 with Blademail and Heart where we walked down from highground while 4v5 and got wiped.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've been having a surprisingly number of Slardars go Mask --> Blink and crush for the first 12 minutes, then mercilessly feed from 12 - 35 because they don't have BKB and keep dying while trying to complete it :(

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Sab669 posted:

I've been having a surprisingly number of Slardars go Mask --> Blink and crush for the first 12 minutes, then mercilessly feed from 12 - 35 because they don't have BKB and keep dying while trying to complete it :(

i miss 2006

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Why do you have to keep going through my game history?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I saw a BH with Battlefury a little while back. I hadn't seen anyone do that in years.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Sab669 posted:

I got to fight a Slardar that did this and it went down exactly like that, dude wanted a full silver edge before he started on BKB and by the time he got it we'd clawed back into the game and could kite him for the duration.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why do you have to keep going through my game history?

You've posted about your gaming history and it's not complimentary

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oodles posted:

Tree goes bonk
:sickos:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1630377756482744320 messed up that it took until 2023 for them to do this

e: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/570/view/3659774959178253450 some more changes detailed here, it's nice to see them finally cracking down on this stuff even if it does feel way overdue

Geight fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 28, 2023

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I just started a game and you can't even manually look at their in-game profile during picks. Crazy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Does this affect all those folks using dota plus to see which heroes to ban?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Does this affect all those folks using dota plus to see which heroes to ban?

It's kind of confusing because the Overwolf Dota 2 app is also called Dota Plus. I don't think the Valve subscription has that feature.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's kind of confusing because the Overwolf Dota 2 app is also called Dota Plus. I don't think the Valve subscription has that feature.

Yeah I meant to say Overwolf.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Doesn’t seem to affect overwolf at all, based on twitch clips

e: i'm reading that the overwolf dotaplus dev has now disabled all the ban suggestions and other profile-accessing features in a patch, so I guess he thought his app was going to start getting people banned.

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 28, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I assume the intent is to disable all those, yeah.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

emdash posted:

Doesn’t seem to affect overwolf at all, based on twitch clips

e: i'm reading that the overwolf dotaplus dev has now disabled all the ban suggestions and other profile-accessing features in a patch, so I guess he thought his app was going to start getting people banned.

he's not at all mad about it though

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

he's not at all mad about it though

This is as great to read as the "we have taken action against someone you reported" pop-up. Just goes down real smooth.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just love the, "What we're just an innocent tool used to defend yourself from Smurfs"

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

loving forced 50%, after getting to 980 mmr I’ve been 50% over my last 25 games.

Gabe just doesn’t want me to hit 1k mmr.

Some of the highlights have been; solar crest PA, mid Rubick (works for topson, not in guardian), ags ck vs Earthshaker and too many carry Furions.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Oodles posted:

loving forced 50%

:kstare:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Forced 50% at under 1k lmao no thats just your rating bro

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I, as a good player, blame external factors for my poo poo rank.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I hate those forced-i-feed-0-5-on-mid-qop games that keep me stuck in archon

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

had an ogre magi with an echo sabre earlier

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

had an ogre magi with an echo sabre earlier

New Shard Idea: Multicast now also applies to auto attacks.

Give me a reason to want to take that +80 Damage talent, Ice Frog.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 2, 2023

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sab669 posted:

New Shard Idea: Multicast now also applies to auto attacks.

Give me a reason to want to take that +80 Damage talent, Ice Frog.

You can fireball on melee hit already, go full core build and you can stunlock people to death

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Oodles posted:

loving forced 50%, after getting to 980 mmr I’ve been 50% over my last 25 games.

Gabe just doesn’t want me to hit 1k mmr.

Some of the highlights have been; solar crest PA, mid Rubick (works for topson, not in guardian), ags ck vs Earthshaker and too many carry Furions.

i genuinely cannot tell if this is a joke post, copy pasted from reddit or a genuine opinion.

dota players own

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've yet to see someone even try to go carry ogre since they gave him the bash talent, which is a sure sign that everyone is taking the game too dang seriously.

No, I can't do it myself, what if someone yells at me? :ohdear:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seems like the perfect excuse to bang out a Turbo match

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
im herald trash and always will be but Jenkins said watching a replay of mine "you wouldn't look out of place in a 5k game" and thats enough for me

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Geight posted:

I've yet to see someone even try to go carry ogre since they gave him the bash talent, which is a sure sign that everyone is taking the game too dang seriously.

No, I can't do it myself, what if someone yells at me? :ohdear:
Pretty sure there’s a Rizpol video on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

SpiritOfLenin posted:

i genuinely cannot tell if this is a joke post, copy pasted from reddit or a genuine opinion.

dota players own

It’s a genuine rant, maybe the forced 50% is a bit bollocks. But why can I go on a 6 win streak, then straight after get a bunch of item destroying, run down mid, mouth breathers.

It’s a conspiracy