Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Endurance [Medium: Success]

Pwnstar posted:

Bros before wös.

Half-Light [Legendary: Success]

Samovar posted:

Divorce hell, that's ground for justifiable homicide.

Empathy [Trivial: Failure]

Caufman posted:

W-why did she do that? Is it... is it racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

A few random (possibly very obvious) observations I missed on my first playthrough that I've noticed this go around:
  1. When Harry sleeps on the island and has the Dora dream, she says once it starts happening it keeps happening. When you wake up, your stats aren't restored. Harry has to drink himself to oblivion to escape the memory of Dora and that's reflected in the game mechanics :smith:
  2. The Deserter is very much a darker or potential future version of Harry; where Harry is torn apart by sadness, the Deserter is torn apart by hatred. Both are isolated, overcome / defined by their emotion, still clinging onto a long-lost cause, spouting semi-coherent political defences of their ideology. I imagine in the ending where Harry stays in the fishing village, that's probably how he ends up.
  3. Cuno is Half-Light incarnate.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
are there any more characters that resemble your skills?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

wizard2 posted:

are there any more characters that resemble your skills?

Plenty.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

TACD posted:

[*]The Deserter is very much a darker or potential future version of Harry; where Harry is torn apart by sadness, the Deserter is torn apart by hatred. Both are isolated, overcome / defined by their emotion, still clinging onto a long-lost cause, spouting semi-coherent political defences of their ideology. I imagine in the ending where Harry stays in the fishing village, that's probably how he ends up.

Eh I dunno about this one. The deserters whole deal is due to the phasmid, Harry is just kind of an rear end in a top hat

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

i am a moron posted:

Eh I dunno about this one. The deserters whole deal is due to the phasmid, Harry is just kind of an rear end in a top hat

The plasmid fucks with love hormones.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
It also introduced a neurodegenerative disease to a human sock puppet for decades

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

i am a moron posted:

It also introduced a neurodegenerative disease to a human sock puppet for decades

No harry already had brain problems

Caufman
May 7, 2007

prayer group posted:

Just started my second playthrough, which I'm doing 6/6/6/6 style because I can't stop thinking about this game since finishing it a month ago and I'd like some closure. Already did some serious detective poo poo with the passed-out guy at the Whirling (after picking his pockets), intimidated Garte into only charging me 70 real, remembered that I'm a feminist, and got a huge amount of dialogue out of Lena I hadn't seen before. What a game.

Keep a couple things in mind: you can't see everything even with 6/6/6/6 since some passives only trigger when you fail a check. And even more, 6/6/6/6 might not show you all successes since I think I saw that some passives require even more than that. So if you're going for a max stat run (which I recommend people do at least once after their first playthrough), might as well crank those stats to something absurd like 21/21/21/21. It's going to make the stats and skills page display a little weird, though.

As far as I know, the only way to see everything is to use a program like Disco Reader, which is not the most intuitive way to see conversation trees play out, but it seems very exhaustive. There's other alternatives to Disco Reader, but I'm less familiar with them, and I think they all have pros and cons.

i am a moron posted:

Mmm, I don't know if his whole deal is due to the phasmid. I think he claims to have started his bitter guerilla campaign very early after his desertion. The phasmid's toxins don't help his mental state, but the reason he keeps himself isolated is because of his clinging to a bygone, idealized thing.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Yea no doubt. But I think the game specifically references the the phasmid giving him the energy to keep going and it twisted him into what he became. I think a more relevant comparison would be to Rene (who the deserter mentions iirc), who is still twisted by hatred but wasn’t running around killing communists

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Endurance [Medium: Success]

Half-Light [Legendary: Success]

Empathy [Trivial: Failure]

I showed this to her and she said: "I'm an rear end in a top hat disco super cop and Kim's just a nerd. Even the kids make fun of his glasses."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I showed this to her and she said: "I'm an rear end in a top hat disco super cop and Kim's just a nerd. Even the kids make fun of his glasses."

Call him a binoclard

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Girlfriend finished her playthrough tonight, was a real treat especially since she played very differently to me (I never had the talking tie for one thing).

…but she had a 97% chance roll for the phasmid and rolled snake eyes :cry:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
lol denied the miracle better cut her loose

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

is it possible to hack a max stat run on a PS4 or MacBook?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
There used to be an exploit with the UI that let you start with up to 12 in each skill for the PS4 but I think it got patched out

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Playing the game through with my wife, she successfully shot down the body and left Kim hanging on the aces high.

Anyone know a good divorce attorney?

TACD posted:

Girlfriend finished her playthrough tonight, was a real treat especially since she played very differently to me (I never had the talking tie for one thing).

Fate seems to be giving certain signs here or to put in another way

christmas boots posted:

lol denied the miracle better cut her loose

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
there is no shame in save scummming something that critical in my honest gamer opinion

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is very cool, but don't scroll lower on this page unless you got lots of morale

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
It is foolish of you to resurface to the loss....

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Does anyone have the link to that DE concept art they hired somebody to do, all the diagrammatic representations of pale frequencies and such?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

TACD posted:

Does anyone have the link to that DE concept art they hired somebody to do, all the diagrammatic representations of pale frequencies and such?

https://victoranomalous.wixsite.com/mysite/disco-elysium

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

TACD posted:

[*]The Deserter is very much a darker or potential future version of Harry; where Harry is torn apart by sadness, the Deserter is torn apart by hatred. Both are isolated, overcome / defined by their emotion, still clinging onto a long-lost cause, spouting semi-coherent political defences of their ideology. I imagine in the ending where Harry stays in the fishing village, that's probably how he ends up.

quote:

You blink, and the world is different than it was a second ago. The man sitting on the log before you suddenly more familiar to you than the bespectacled man at your side, quietly thumbing through the pages of his notebook, pen at the ready.

It takes you a few seconds to realise why, but the revelation hits you like the bullet you're almost certain THIS man fired hit Lely's biological off-switch.

You know him because he's you.

The you awaiting you if you refuse to let go. If you continue to chase the apricot shadow. If you continue to avoid responsibility for your ultimately self-inflicted woes through the medium of copious amounts of Commodore Red and speed.

This man is nobody. All that defines him is external now: his hatred for capitalism, for the killer (the OTHER killer, that is), the union, the world. His existence a mere caricature of living, given meaning by how the inner void attempts to deny its own existence by drowning itself in the world beyond those tired black eyes, never once looking inward and acknowledging the fault lines formed within.

No. Wait. You're not entirely right, here. There IS a difference between the two of you. A small one, but maybe the most important one there is.

You still have a choice.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Eh, that's ambiguous.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Xander77 posted:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TACD posted:

almost a week later and Im still caught up on this post. one of the all time great Epic Fails. god drat.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

TACD posted:

this also happened to me the first time, but i wondered if it was rigged and reloaded to check

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The big final check is rigged unless you've got the pheromone on you. Which I didn't, the first time I played. Just seeing the creature was real at all was more than enough magic for me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

In order to see something that everyone tells you is impossible, you have to believe in it first.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

The fact that you have to rat out your awesome cryptid buddy to Trent and the fuzz is a massive bummer. The stick monster is real and my friend and doesn't deserve to have its poo poo blown up by a bunch of loving weebs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

The fact that you have to rat out your awesome cryptid buddy to Trent and the fuzz is a massive bummer. The stick monster is real and my friend and doesn't deserve to have its poo poo blown up by a bunch of loving weebs.

I mean, on the other hand, being aware of an endangered species can help people preserve its ecosystem as they learn more about it, and since Evrart Claire is like two signatures away from gentrifying the Hell out of its whole habit through aggressively disruptive construction him and others being aware that maybe they should leave some of the wetland undisturbed for this cool bug is probably a good idea.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

wizard2 posted:

almost a week later and Im still caught up on this post. one of the all time great Epic Fails. god drat.
It’s alright though, we’re also watching through that WoolieVS playthrough and I’m pretty sure they got that conversation.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TACD posted:

It’s alright though, we’re also watching through that WoolieVS playthrough and I’m pretty sure they got that conversation.

omg thank you

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I mean, on the other hand, being aware of an endangered species can help people preserve its ecosystem as they learn more about it, and since Evrart Claire is like two signatures away from gentrifying the Hell out of its whole habit through aggressively disruptive construction him and others being aware that maybe they should leave some of the wetland undisturbed for this cool bug is probably a good idea.

Comrade, Communism requires high levels industrialization!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

for real, and again, pale workers' union game. Sound and fury building roads by forcing spacetime through the sickest beats and choons straight from a Paul Oakenfold/Carl Cox legendary Ibiza set

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Development and gentrification are different things.

Specifically, gentrification is improving an area so that *other* people can move in. Development is improving an area for the people currently living there. Which one do you think Evrart is doing?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Orange Devil posted:

Development and gentrification are different things.

Specifically, gentrification is improving an area so that *other* people can move in. Development is improving an area for the people currently living there. Which one do you think Evrart is doing?

Mr Evrart is helping me fund my development

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If Claire wasn't full of poo poo he wouldn't be sending you to trick those people into giving you their signature.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

sebmojo posted:

Mr Evrart is helping me fund my development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Well he did find my gun :colbert: