Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

New Elden Ring DLC lookin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Aces and Adventures is by the same devs as cult fave Ring Runner and shows the same attention to detail and high effort on the story telling side.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If the Elden Ring DLC is anything like the rest of From DLC we'll be seeing unbelievable levels of boss bullshit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hear Shadow of the Erdtree is the one where the Erdtree truly becomes the Erdtree.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what’s elden ring

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

what’s elden ring

not much ring, what's elden with you?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

If only.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

fuckin love this game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish they made another Shadow of ... game.
It has easily the most innovative game mechanic in last decade, if not more, and almost no one bothered to even try making anything like it.
It's a shame.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that because they literally copyrighted it?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

yeah they patented the nemesis system

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Isn't that because they literally copyrighted it?

repiv posted:

yeah they patented the nemesis system

I looked at the patent and it only applies to a very specific implementation of it, but yeah, maybe developers are afraid of even touching the concept in any form in case WB decides to threaten lawyers for nothing.
loving corporate parasites.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

monolith productions are making a wonder woman game with the nemesis system. WB will almost certainly find a way to poison that game's release like they did with Shadow of War before they removed the monetization a year later.

im guessing it'll be a single player game with battle pass monetization, level skips, etc.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's weird that WB themselves haven't found somewhere else to implement it, but I guess they're busy shoving out garbage tier superhero poo poo and some wizard game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ShadowMar posted:

monolith productions are making a wonder woman game with the nemesis system. WB will almost certainly find a way to poison that game's release like they did with Shadow of War before they removed the monetization a year later.

im guessing it'll be a single player game with battle pass monetization, level skips, etc.

Hopefully they'll manage to remove the lovely monetization eventually, like they did with Shadow of War.
They managed to re-integrate the formerly lootbox content into the main fairly well with that one.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

It's weird that WB themselves haven't found somewhere else to implement it, but I guess they're busy shoving out garbage tier superhero poo poo and some wizard game.

To be fair, Nemesis System does require a lot of work to implement. I imagine most of their games don't have that kind of ambition.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it really is crazy just how much the nemesis system adds to shadow of mordor/war. war especially benefits from all the fun inter-orc relations going on.

a wonder woman game where random goons could team up and upgrade themselves into proper supervillains sounds amazing despite how sick of super hero poo poo i am at this point.

Jack Trades posted:

To be fair, Nemesis System does require a lot of work to implement. I imagine most of their games don't have that kind of ambition.

the amount of voice acting they recorded for it in war alone was staggering

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ShadowMar posted:

the amount of voice acting they recorded for it in war alone was staggering

For real.
I played through Shadow of War at least 4 times and on my last playthrough I was STILL discovering orc character types and cool lines that I've never seen/heard before.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I played Everhood on Sunday. Just awesome. Even if I dont agree with where the story goes it is such a game, it's got the most incredible sequences. And some of the character design is so excellent, just a super high effort game executed beautifully.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A stripped down version of Shadow of War with minimal story where you are just a little Orc lad trying to make it big is my dream.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, Resident Evil 5 just got a random update out of nowhere to remove Games for Windows Live and add in split screen co-op, which was on consoles but not on PC without mods, I think. Neat!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Limbus Company is out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1973530/Limbus_Company/

I know that for Gatcha games it's practically impossible to know how bad things are going to be from the onset, but does anyone have any inkling already of how deep the gatcha goes? I assume that since the devs said something to the effect of this game being the needed financing for the game they really want to make (and to avoid needing a kickstarter), plus the fact it's F2P... I can't imagine the gatcha situation here is particularly good.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Veotax posted:

Huh, Resident Evil 5 just got a random update out of nowhere to remove Games for Windows Live and add in split screen co-op, which was on consoles but not on PC without mods, I think. Neat!

Wow, this is unexpected but legit cool

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Veotax posted:

when is lost planet 2 going to be playable on modern hardware again

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

okay a little more about atomic heart. some things that stood out to me during my playthrough, there's some mild spoilers but it's not anything super important:

thing 1:
Until the 4th hour of the game where you are spat out into the open world, you'd be forgiven for assuming that Atomic Heart ISN'T an open world game. It takes you from a linear prologue area remniscent of Columbia in Bioshock Infinite or even Paris from Burial at Sea pt 1, directly to the first facility you'll be spending several hours in. And to be honest, I think it's even dubious to call the game "open world", so much as a game that has an outdoor liminal space for you to travel between the main story buildings, all of which are underground facilities you ride an elevator down to. This absurdity is highlighted in a segment near the end of the game where you enter a lighthouse on a cliffside, only for that ALSO to have a secret elevator that takes you underground.

The outdoor sections, then, serve only the purpose of funneling you from point A to point B, with these optional testing ground areas (which you also elevator down to) along the way or next to the main story buildings. There are laser walls constructed everywhere to keep you from actually exploring. In addition to this, these sections have the now infamous infinitely-respawning enemies, including security cameras. It is like the game is shouting at you, "JUST GET OVER TO THE NEXT BUILDING ALREADY". But then why is it like this? Why design a game this way? Did they want to keep the visual contrast between the outdoor areas and the indoor areas as a way to reduce mental fatigue? It might have been better to not have enemies on the surface at all, or to cordon them into specific "encounter" zones. There was a polygon article that described Atomic Heart as casting too wide a net, and this is one of those examples, for me. The whole game could have just taken place underground, with some sort of transport system that takes you from one place to another. You can't even say "well the outdoor areas pad the game out", because if you're just taking a car from building 1 to building 2, that's all of 3 minutes of driving tops, then maybe a couple of minutes of robot fighting to get into the building.

thing 2:
I'm not very good at unpacking political stuff in media, I'm not a video essayist lefttuber or whatever. but I think the game is in good faith trying to be a critical story, of the Soviet Union, of unchecked imperialism, of racing to adopt technology before it's been fully tested, examined and studied. Kollectiv, a sort-of singularity that would connect all minds to a global communication network, is the center of the conflict in the game. The people of the Soviet Union would be able to access a wealth of information instantly with their minds, without leaving their house-- it's basically the internet. Multiple points are raised throughout the game of who gets to be at the top of a theoretical neutral playing field for everyone, and also using it to control people while keeping them in a state of ignorant bliss. When you consider the Russian government's relationship with the internet over the last decade, I think this is about as close as Mundfish can get to criticizing their own country without being windowed. But of course Kollectiv is also short for, well, collectivism, and it is referred to as Kollectiv 2.0, almost like "okay, we just didn't do collectivism right the first time"-- the stated goal of Dr Sechenov (this is not really a spoiler it's in the early game) is that no one in the new Kollectiv 2.0 era of society would hold a position of authority, a sort of simplified anarcho-communism. The government of course is looking for any excuse (or was planning all along) to take control of it away from its creator Sechenov, a scientist who discovered and utilized the Polymer technology to advance Soviet technology incredibly rapidly and is sort of an untouchable people's hero, and would likely try to run it the old fashioned bureaucratic Stalinist way. this dynamic is interesting to me especially with the internet analogy, because even though it's obviously political, it also reminds me of how old media tried to take control of new media to make it like old media again (things like TV Everywhere, and abolishing net neutrality for example). i know that's kinda dumb but i can't help it, it made me think of it! the internet was the wild west for a long time and once it became too popular to go ignored, corporations and governments started encroaching and trying to (and I guess successfully) take it over and put themselves at the top, rather than just you opening internet explorer, going to lycos, and learning about all the different video game characters that Ate My Balls, or whatever rant Seanbaby had most recently posted.

The only thing is that this eventually gives way to Saturday morning cartoon villain antics, and that's not super interesting to me. We shift away from the protag discussing power dynamics, contingencies, how information/access is metered to people from other nations or people of power... to overcooked plot twists, villain monologues, binary good/evil absolutism, and a desire for spectacle over stimulation. fine whatever, you wanna do that? fine. after all, the game has an over-the-top comedic tone for a good half of the campaign. but then don't have the characters be so drat chatty (see thing 3) about the world like we're expected to take it completely seriously. after all, this is a game where you are in a "flying" car, in that a flying robot picks up your car and slowly carries you through the sky. It's a game where a granny pulls out a rocket launcher and fires it at a giant robot. Maybe just lean fully into the camp?

thing 3:
Holy poo poo the characters do not stop talking in this game. even if you don't mind the protagonist, it is insane how much dialogue there is, and how much of it is exposition. Almost every other room you enter, a conversation breaks out, or the protagonist resumes a conversation they were having earlier. Often times it's "please explain why this thing is bad to me", sometimes it's "what is your thought on this particular ideology", and a lot of the time it's "charles tells you all of the backstory of the game". There is a bit in an archive room that is... rough. You are grabbing film reels and learning story details, and all you can do is just kinda mill around as the projector plays.. then after 3 reels, there's a non-interactive cutscene, then, 5 minutes of even more exposition as the main character talks about the recent plot twists with Charles, who is more than happy to EXTREMELY lay down endless exposition. and all the while you have to wait until the dialog is over before the elevator opens to move you up-- sorry another non-interactive cutscene happens then. and then there's another cutscene after that.

there had to have been a better way to deliver plot information. the story isn't THAT dense. there are certainly terminals everywhere where you can read emails (don't think too hard about it, the game even tells you not to think too hard about it) that flesh out the world, but these could absolutely have been used to reveal important backstory information. there are also "chirpers", the equivalent of audio logs, which could also have served that purpose. i guess they just assumed most players would completely skip all this and beeline from start to finish? but such players would also likely move so quickly through the liminal areas that conversations end up getting cut off or interrupted. So that leads to this point where they force you to listen to dialog and you can't press the 'speed-up' button once you've read the very small subtitles. It's like that infamous part of Half-Life 2, everyone knows the one. Didn't like it there, didn't like it in the Metro series, and I don't like it here. it completely destroys the flow.

thing 4:
the combat, aesthetic and set pieces are the saving grace, especially on Peaceful Atom. Your shotgun blasts send robots flying back; your axe dismembers limbs; the charged attacks can be very silly (like a whirlwind axe attack that probably would give certain gamers motion sickness). music cues happen at the perfect moments. there are marathon fights that are very comical, such as an encounter in the theater during a certain operatic 'performance'. even an upgraded pistol can do shockingly good damage to most regular enemies, taking them out in just 2-3 shots. when the game shuts up, lets you rip and tear through robots and mutants, and allows you to read computer terminals at your own pace, and combined with the incredible art direction... it almost feels like a great game. these moments, of course, don't last, but they are numerous enough that it keeps Atomic Heart from being a Bad Game and is instead a game with serious peaks and valleys.

that's all the thoughts i have for now. i look forward to seeing much smarter people than me unpack the themes and story elements of the game because it is very messy and some of their authorial intent might end up being read differently (or maybe I interpreted it incorrectly idk). like, there's a whole layer to the game of unethical scientific experiments that seem to serve no purpose to the narrative other than to establish how evil a character is and it doesn't really mesh with any of the story themes at all, it just feels like something that's there to provide a justification for certain enemy types to exist, or because they knew Bioshock had some hosed up enemies and so they had to have some too. and why DOES your glove give you access to these powers like freezing people and zapping them with electricity? it's not like plasmids. it doesn't even connect to the whole Kollectiv thing, it's just, you can unlock freeze powers, that's it.

the game is mediocre enough, though, that it might just fall to the wayside of gamer discourse for Wo Long and Octopath 2, or people just going back to gush about Hi-Fi Rush. so that combined with the murky details on funding and its release, may keep people away. i'm not gonna say that it would be a shame if that happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if people just kept clear.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 28, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Crispy critters

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

A stripped down version of Shadow of War with minimal story where you are just a little Orc lad trying to make it big is my dream.

:hmmyes:

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

GreenBuckanneer posted:

is there a game that has lore presentation like darksouls or elden ring....but has a completely different combat system?

Does Hollow Knight count? I might also say Remnant: From the Ashes, where the lore is a little more straightforward but delivered in the same style (i.e. never really directly given to you, you have to go out of your way to find it). I still really liked Remnant and if they work out some of its clear flaws with regard to progression and how that interacts with multiplayer I think the sequel could be legitimately great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

is there a game that has lore presentation like darksouls or elden ring....but has a completely different combat system?

Hollow Knight. Also a stretch, but for "figuring out a backstory through vague hints", Outer Wilds.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
shadow of the colossus kinda?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Unpacking

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gone Home

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

KazigluBey posted:

Limbus Company is out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1973530/Limbus_Company/

I know that for Gatcha games it's practically impossible to know how bad things are going to be from the onset, but does anyone have any inkling already of how deep the gatcha goes? I assume that since the devs said something to the effect of this game being the needed financing for the game they really want to make (and to avoid needing a kickstarter), plus the fact it's F2P... I can't imagine the gatcha situation here is particularly good.

I imagine that like most gacha games, you can do the basic story stuff easy enough, which is probably what you want from the game. They probably have some events that are tuned for people with endgame++ characters or whatever.

If you can separate yourself from needing the absolute best team ever, you can probably enjoy the story at least.

Edit: Alternatively just watch the story parts on YouTube and save yourself the drudgery of daily quests or whatever this game is doing.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 28, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phantom Brigade is out. Anyone tried it yet?

I'm a bit apprehensive about buying it because the performance was so god awful in the demo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jack Trades posted:

I'm a bit apprehensive about buying it because the performance was so god awful in the demo.

I saw a post in the steam forums where the dev said they don't really expect a difference in performance between the demo and this version so yeah I'm going to keep it on my wishlist for a bit because I had the same problem with the demo. Ran like crap and basically maxed out my 3080ti while playing it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also I'm just noticing that that Steam version of Phantom Brigade is currently 23€ and the EGS version is 15€, which is, I'm pretty sure, against Steam ToS.
Nobody tell Gaben.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Ender Lilies

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

GreenBuckanneer posted:

hollow knight

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The 7th Guest posted:

okay a little more about atomic heart. some things that stood out to me during my playthrough, there's some mild spoilers but it's not anything super important:

thing 1:
Until the 4th hour of the game where you are spat out into the open world, you'd be forgiven for assuming that Atomic Heart ISN'T an open world game. It takes you from a linear prologue area remniscent of Columbia in Bioshock Infinite or even Paris from Burial at Sea pt 1, directly to the first facility you'll be spending several hours in. And to be honest, I think it's even dubious to call the game "open world", so much as a game that has an outdoor liminal space for you to travel between the main story buildings, all of which are underground facilities you ride an elevator down to. This absurdity is highlighted in a segment near the end of the game where you enter a lighthouse on a cliffside, only for that ALSO to have a secret elevator that takes you underground.

The outdoor sections, then, serve only the purpose of funneling you from point A to point B, with these optional testing ground areas (which you also elevator down to) along the way or next to the main story buildings. There are laser walls constructed everywhere to keep you from actually exploring. In addition to this, these sections have the now infamous infinitely-respawning enemies, including security cameras. It is like the game is shouting at you, "JUST GET OVER TO THE NEXT BUILDING ALREADY". But then why is it like this? Why design a game this way? Did they want to keep the visual contrast between the outdoor areas and the indoor areas as a way to reduce mental fatigue? It might have been better to not have enemies on the surface at all, or to cordon them into specific "encounter" zones. There was a polygon article that described Atomic Heart as casting too wide a net, and this is one of those examples, for me. The whole game could have just taken place underground, with some sort of transport system that takes you from one place to another. You can't even say "well the outdoor areas pad the game out", because if you're just taking a car from building 1 to building 2, that's all of 3 minutes of driving tops, then maybe a couple of minutes of robot fighting to get into the building.

thing 2:
I'm not very good at unpacking political stuff in media, I'm not a video essayist lefttuber or whatever. but I think the game is in good faith trying to be a critical story, of the Soviet Union, of unchecked imperialism, of racing to adopt technology before it's been fully tested, examined and studied. Kollectiv, a sort-of singularity that would connect all minds to a global communication network, is the center of the conflict in the game. The people of the Soviet Union would be able to access a wealth of information instantly with their minds, without leaving their house-- it's basically the internet. Multiple points are raised throughout the game of who gets to be at the top of a theoretical neutral playing field for everyone, and also using it to control people while keeping them in a state of ignorant bliss. When you consider the Russian government's relationship with the internet over the last decade, I think this is about as close as Mundfish can get to criticizing their own country without being windowed. But of course Kollectiv is also short for, well, collectivism, and it is referred to as Kollectiv 2.0, almost like "okay, we just didn't do collectivism right the first time"-- the stated goal of Dr Sechenov (this is not really a spoiler it's in the early game) is that no one in the new Kollectiv 2.0 era of society would hold a position of authority, a sort of simplified anarcho-communism. The government of course is looking for any excuse (or was planning all along) to take control of it away from its creator Sechenov, a scientist who discovered and utilized the Polymer technology to advance Soviet technology incredibly rapidly and is sort of an untouchable people's hero, and would likely try to run it the old fashioned bureaucratic Stalinist way. this dynamic is interesting to me especially with the internet analogy, because even though it's obviously political, it also reminds me of how old media tried to take control of new media to make it like old media again (things like TV Everywhere, and abolishing net neutrality for example). i know that's kinda dumb but i can't help it, it made me think of it! the internet was the wild west for a long time and once it became too popular to go ignored, corporations and governments started encroaching and trying to (and I guess successfully) take it over and put themselves at the top, rather than just you opening internet explorer, going to lycos, and learning about all the different video game characters that Ate My Balls, or whatever rant Seanbaby had most recently posted.

The only thing is that this eventually gives way to Saturday morning cartoon villain antics, and that's not super interesting to me. We shift away from the protag discussing power dynamics, contingencies, how information/access is metered to people from other nations or people of power... to overcooked plot twists, villain monologues, binary good/evil absolutism, and a desire for spectacle over stimulation. fine whatever, you wanna do that? fine. after all, the game has an over-the-top comedic tone for a good half of the campaign. but then don't have the characters be so drat chatty (see thing 3) about the world like we're expected to take it completely seriously. after all, this is a game where you are in a "flying" car, in that a flying robot picks up your car and slowly carries you through the sky. It's a game where a granny pulls out a rocket launcher and fires it at a giant robot. Maybe just lean fully into the camp?

thing 3:
Holy poo poo the characters do not stop talking in this game. even if you don't mind the protagonist, it is insane how much dialogue there is, and how much of it is exposition. Almost every other room you enter, a conversation breaks out, or the protagonist resumes a conversation they were having earlier. Often times it's "please explain why this thing is bad to me", sometimes it's "what is your thought on this particular ideology", and a lot of the time it's "charles tells you all of the backstory of the game". There is a bit in an archive room that is... rough. You are grabbing film reels and learning story details, and all you can do is just kinda mill around as the projector plays.. then after 3 reels, there's a non-interactive cutscene, then, 5 minutes of even more exposition as the main character talks about the recent plot twists with Charles, who is more than happy to EXTREMELY lay down endless exposition. and all the while you have to wait until the dialog is over before the elevator opens to move you up-- sorry another non-interactive cutscene happens then. and then there's another cutscene after that.

there had to have been a better way to deliver plot information. the story isn't THAT dense. there are certainly terminals everywhere where you can read emails (don't think too hard about it, the game even tells you not to think too hard about it) that flesh out the world, but these could absolutely have been used to reveal important backstory information. there are also "chirpers", the equivalent of audio logs, which could also have served that purpose. i guess they just assumed most players would completely skip all this and beeline from start to finish? but such players would also likely move so quickly through the liminal areas that conversations end up getting cut off or interrupted. So that leads to this point where they force you to listen to dialog and you can't press the 'speed-up' button once you've read the very small subtitles. It's like that infamous part of Half-Life 2, everyone knows the one. Didn't like it there, didn't like it in the Metro series, and I don't like it here. it completely destroys the flow.

thing 4:
the combat, aesthetic and set pieces are the saving grace, especially on Peaceful Atom. Your shotgun blasts send robots flying back; your axe dismembers limbs; the charged attacks can be very silly (like a whirlwind axe attack that probably would give certain gamers motion sickness). music cues happen at the perfect moments. there are marathon fights that are very comical, such as an encounter in the theater during a certain operatic 'performance'. even an upgraded pistol can do shockingly good damage to most regular enemies, taking them out in just 2-3 shots. when the game shuts up, lets you rip and tear through robots and mutants, and allows you to read computer terminals at your own pace, and combined with the incredible art direction... it almost feels like a great game. these moments, of course, don't last, but they are numerous enough that it keeps Atomic Heart from being a Bad Game and is instead a game with serious peaks and valleys.

that's all the thoughts i have for now. i look forward to seeing much smarter people than me unpack the themes and story elements of the game because it is very messy and some of their authorial intent might end up being read differently (or maybe I interpreted it incorrectly idk). like, there's a whole layer to the game of unethical scientific experiments that seem to serve no purpose to the narrative other than to establish how evil a character is and it doesn't really mesh with any of the story themes at all, it just feels like something that's there to provide a justification for certain enemy types to exist, or because they knew Bioshock had some hosed up enemies and so they had to have some too. and why DOES your glove give you access to these powers like freezing people and zapping them with electricity? it's not like plasmids. it doesn't even connect to the whole Kollectiv thing, it's just, you can unlock freeze powers, that's it.

the game is mediocre enough, though, that it might just fall to the wayside of gamer discourse for Wo Long and Octopath 2, or people just going back to gush about Hi-Fi Rush. so that combined with the murky details on funding and its release, may keep people away. i'm not gonna say that it would be a shame if that happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if people just kept clear.

I feel think the only thing holding Atomic Heart together is it's very well done visual design/graphics with good performance. If it werent for that, it would fall apart due to just too many THINGS, lot of what you mentioned, even without the controversity. Then again, Bioshock was also just the worst shooter and ugly too and still people wanked all over it so :shrug:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jack Trades posted:

I just played the tutorial and it seems to run fine at 60 fps, but GPU usage is definitely at or close to 100 a lot of the time with an undervolted 3080. GPU temp is around 70 or so. The dev posting in the steam forum is saying that its so heavy on the GPU because of all the destructible environments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just played the tutorial and it seems to run fine at 60 fps, but GPU usage is definitely at or close to 100 a lot of the time with an undervolted 3080. GPU temp is around 70 or so. The dev posting in the steam forum is saying that its so heavy on the GPU because of all the destructible environments.

I'm on a 2060 SUPER and it doesn't go above 45fps at 1080p.
Dropping all the settings to lowest doesn't help either. Unfortunately I find it completely unplayable.