Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RIP Brad Manchand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

fisting by many posted:

I had to stare at this image for like 10 seconds to work out who came from where because I remember neither of those names.

Stillman sure was a guy.

Every time I see Stillman, I think Cory.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
maybe riley is good and its the canucks that are really bad

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

whatis posted:

maybe riley is good and its the canucks that are really bad

Couldn’t be worse than Jacob Bryson.

… Could he? :ohdear:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ZWheel97/status/1630378859140096000

https://twitter.com/ZWheel97/status/1630379864846139392

i love the edmonton oilers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ken Holland is such a loving coward

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/giana_jade/status/1630264199728300032

it's going great

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

He's not wrong

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Levitate posted:

the assumption is that it's opening up cap space to retain on Patrick Kane as part of the 3 team deal to get him to NY

vancouver have a billion in cap space. they moved stillman to drop a contract to go after more college free agents

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

this gives me such hope

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

If Connor McDavid had any self-respect he’d demand a trade before the TDL.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Fitzgerald has said two things of note.

First, he's trying to get an extension done with Bratt currently, in talks with his agent.

Second, he mentioned he's throwing around ways to clear more cap space to be more flexible to add depth before the deadline.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

If Connor McDavid had any self-respect he’d demand a trade before the TDL.

"Just have to focus on our game get pucks deep play our way play our style" - mcdavids response to Holland's comments

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Red Wings lost…!!!! :yeshaha:

Edit: Detroit is playing Ottawa in Ottawa two nights in a row? That’s weird… was one of the games rescheduled due to weather?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Red Wings lost…!!!! :yeshaha:

Edit: Detroit is playing Ottawa in Ottawa two nights in a row? That’s weird… was one of the games rescheduled due to weather?
Yeah in December

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pierre Dorion is going to be a buyer at the deadline, fuckin Red Wings

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So Colorado is definitely gonna win the West. They're right behind Dallas and Vegas now for points percentage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fawning deference posted:

So Colorado is definitely gonna win the West. They're right behind Dallas and Vegas now for points percentage.

Nah they're gonna win a bucket of dog poop

Cause I'm mailing it to em

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

fawning deference posted:

Weren't they like 12 in the conference at one point? The West is a huge mess

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Actually Dallas just lost in OT. So by points percentage the West is

Vegas. .633
Colorado. .629

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Boston won again. 97 points now and it's still February.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
don’t think it’s any coincidence the Avs played one of their most complete games against a good team the first day that Stanley Cup
Champion Jack Johnson is back :)

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, Jack Johnson was clearly an upgrade compared to MacDermid or Englund tonight. Jack's back, baby!

edit: 19:19 ice time in a shutout win against Vegas. JMFJ!!!!

fermun fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 28, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1630274091914608640
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1630283335976067072

Glad some of the national folks are starting to pick up on and see through OSU's bullshit.

Play it in December, who gives a gently caress, nobody cares about these anymore except the local fanbases and the league.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Weren't they like 12 in the conference at one point? The West is a huge mess

Such a mess.

I’m guessing that just under a .600 points percentage for the season will get you into the playoffs with a wild card spot in the west. Boston already has the points for that at 97. That’s just as crazy to me that they’re 11 points ahead of the next best.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

News: Alex Tuch - 57 games played, 28 goals, 34 assists
Jack Eichel - 47 games played, 20 goals, 23 assists

Views: :lol:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Oilers decided to go along with the theme and went 2-2 in these games

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Simplex posted:

News: Alex Tuch - 57 games played, 28 goals, 34 assists
Jack Eichel - 47 games played, 20 goals, 23 assists

Views: :lol:

It's not been great :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Spelling Mitsake posted:

That's funny, I remember him being great in junior. Just shows how nuts the skill level is in the NHL.

Riley Stillman is the best hockey player I've ever met in real life.

Yeah, even the guys who like , can barely scrape by and play like, 1 hockey game in the NHL can loving skate circles around people in most leagues under the AHL and certainly anything lower than ECHL.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Tbf, who they are is a bad and poorly constructed hockey team, so….mission accomplished ?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, even the guys who like , can barely scrape by and play like, 1 hockey game in the NHL can loving skate circles around people in most leagues under the AHL and certainly anything lower than ECHL.

My favorite example is Anthony Bitetto's only goal as a Ranger. He was described as a pylon with stone hands. This was the third goal of his 197-game/7-season career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djv2sDwR7pg

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jeff Cowan had 6 goals in 4 games one time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Don't get my hopes up like that.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1630568549755256833

Walman's been excellent this year, and now is locked up for a mere 0.716 Ben Chiarots for the next three seasons.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens, Wings, Isles, Panthers, and Sabres all in action tonight. Some play good teams. Some play bad teams. Some play the mediocre of the mediocre.

After dropping 4 straight to playoff contenders/hopefuls the Pens bounced back in amusing fashion against Tampa. Tonight it's Nashville before Tampa and Florida which caps off their difficult 8 game run. After that it eases up slightly with games being playoff contender followed by bad team. The last 3 are Wings, Hawks, and Jackets. They 'should' be fine especially with those last 3 but this team is butt.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens, Wings, Isles, Panthers, and Sabres all in action tonight. Some play good teams. Some play bad teams. Some play the mediocre of the mediocre.

After dropping 4 straight to playoff contenders/hopefuls the Pens bounced back in amusing fashion against Tampa. Tonight it's Nashville before Tampa and Florida which caps off their difficult 8 game run. After that it eases up slightly with games being playoff contender followed by bad team. The last 3 are Wings, Hawks, and Jackets. They 'should' be fine especially with those last 3 but this team is butt.

The Penguins are back

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

tinstaach posted:

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1630568549755256833

Walman's been excellent this year, and now is locked up for a mere 0.716 Ben Chiarots for the next three seasons.

another atrocious trade that doug armstrong made with the red wings. not a single one has made any sense

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1630587957999464448?s=20

Sure, they let Tampa win a cup doing it, but if anyone else tries it there’ll be hell to pay!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Koopa Kid posted:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1630587957999464448?s=20

Sure, they let Tampa win a cup doing it, but if anyone else tries it there’ll be hell to pay!

I assume this puts the Knights off acquiring anyone else, since they're clearly trying to Kucherov Stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Don't forget, Chicago did the deadline cap cheating first (acquiring Antoine Vermette with LTIR space) and beat Tampa in 2015. Tampa asked the rest of the teams to change the rule, and none of them wanted to. So, Tampa took full advantage of it.