Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

pseudodragon posted:

Some really fun stories in there like JFJ gets casually tossed under a bus.

I enjoy laughing at JFJ too but the Bruins got Colin Miller, a first, and Martin Jones for Lucic. They flipped Jones for another first too. Two first rounders and a top-4 defenseman is a pretty good return for Lucic, who only had about two more good seasons before falling off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pungry posted:

My brain understands that Tanner Jeannot and Patrick Kane are at two very different points in their careers and that one of them costs significantly less in money than the other, but it feels insane to me thinking that all Patrick Kane is getting for Chicago as trade assets go is a 2nd and a 4th while Tanner Jeannot gets a first, a second, a third, a fourth, and a fifth.

Kane has a NTC and is apparently saying Rangers or bust so that ties both of Chicagos hands behind their back.

E:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1630657873402273793?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Teams LOVE giving the rangers players for literally nothing.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Kane and Tarasenko for practically nothing, gotta love it

Edit:

mcmagic posted:

Glad you agree!

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I enjoy laughing at JFJ too but the Bruins got Colin Miller, a first, and Martin Jones for Lucic. They flipped Jones for another first too. Two first rounders and a top-4 defenseman is a pretty good return for Lucic, who only had about two more good seasons before falling off a cliff.

That's true, in hindsight that turns out to be more of a self-own since it sounds like they were prepared/expected to go much higher so it's a combo of the Kings overvaluing Lucic and JFJ getting good value but could have fleeced them for more.

Still a fun breakdown of what AGMs do and how much authority they have.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Y'all got Timo for a song so stop this woe is me alms for the poor da devils neva get no respect

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Kane has a NTC and is apparently saying Rangers or bust so that ties both of Chicagos hands behind their back.

E:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1630657873402273793?s=20

all things considered that's not a terrible return for a "trade me there or bust" type deal.

but seriously folks: PAT KANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rduCI8OwMWs

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1630659175733665794

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

If the Rangers need anything it's another floaty forward who can't play defense worth poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Matt Zerella posted:

Y'all got Timo for a song so stop this woe is me alms for the poor da devils neva get no respect

1st rounder, young NHL 3rd liner on a good team with upside, very good D prospect isn't nothing.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mind_Taker posted:

If the Rangers need anything it's another floaty forward who can't play defense worth poo poo.

yeah it owns

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

1st rounder, young NHL 3rd liner on a good team with upside, very good D prospect isn't nothing.

I didn't say nothing, its a drat good price for a guy who's a million times better than Kane and Tank combined.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's going to be fun when New Bruin Garnet Hathaway knocks Kane's head off on in his Rangers debut

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but the Devils get to keep Meier

Rangers haven't got the cap to keep either of these guys unless they're taking incredibly generous discounts

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's going to be fun when New Bruin Garnet Hathaway knocks Kane's head off on in his Rangers debut

Rangers are not the team to try elbow jousting with

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

i love it. it may not make us a better team. but it will be very entertaining. we don't play well when dominating play anyway. we need to make the nerds upset with their xGF posts and win games on the counter attack.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ahh, so they traded for the name and not necessarily the player.

Or the player used his reputation to force a trade to where he wanted to go.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I know everyone hates Kane's guts but I think it's a nice move for the Rangers. I think they're still below the teams ahead of them, but with the other moves they've made the distance is being made up. If Shesterkin remembers how to play they could be scary down the stretch.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

WeaponX posted:

Rangers are not the team to try elbow jousting with

Trouba and Hathaway elbow each other so hard it creates a shockwave strong enough to flatten the arena.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Elbows flying, loogies soaring through the air. Bruins vs. Rangers would be a fun ECF.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1630662359604707328?s=20

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He was actually pretty good this year and I was hoping they would re-sign him on the cheap.

I guess they can still re-sign him on the cheap.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

Elbows flying, loogies soaring through the air. Bruins vs. Rangers would be a fun ECF.

every conceivable east playoff series would be fun in some way. should be really entertaining. and the west is going to be full of tragedy. every team is hilariously flawed. every series over there will look like the Battle of Alberta last year. should be nice!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Brad marchand and his fuckin whuore motha should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a Cadillac. lets go Rangers baby love da rangers

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

every conceivable east playoff series would be fun in some way. should be really entertaining. and the west is going to be full of tragedy. every team is hilariously flawed. every series over there will look like the Battle of Alberta last year. should be nice!

its gonna suck rear end when the lightning win the east again

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Lightning vs. Islanders in the ECF locked in

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

Lightning vs. Islanders in the ECF locked in

Isles ain't holding onto that wild card slot without Barzal

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I think the "hope" is Kane hasn't been putting in the effort because the hawks have been tanking so hard but eh
I didn't really want him before and I don't think it's a fantastic move but I personally can't do poo poo about it so gently caress it let's go and hope that some magic happens

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/status/1630657501283622922

E:

Congrats to BOXC for making ESPN

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1630665128851931136

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 28, 2023

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
the rangers seem... thinner? than they did last year? less nhl bodies, less 'heavy'? we already have a washed rear end western conference mercenary right winger who's bff with panarin.

i guess getting a hall of famer for a 2nd/1st is good. but kane is such a villain irl

sigh

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

“It is a constant confrontation between man and his own obscurity. It is an insistence upon an impossible transparency. It challenges the world anew every second…It is not aspiration, for it is devoid of hope. That revolt is the certainty of a crushing fate, without the resignation that ought to accompany it.”

“With the throne of God being overthrown, the rebel now recognizes that it is up to him to create…this justice, this order, this unity…and, by doing so, to justify the fall of God. Then begins the desperate effort to create, at the price of crime if necessary, the empire of man.”

what is the price of crime in the NHL? well, it starts at one drunk cabbie, a conditional first, and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL-CelREvkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFcm7CztOk8

but put more eloquently:

Matt Zerella posted:

Brad marchand and his fuckin whuore motha should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a Cadillac. lets go Rangers baby love da rangers

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Sucks to see Kane go. I havent really watched the hawks in 5 years but I'll miss him. Greatest American player of all time

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

thank you, but I am WAY fatter and balder than this

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Otis Reddit posted:

the rangers seem... thinner? than they did last year? less nhl bodies, less 'heavy'? we already have a washed rear end western conference mercenary right winger who's bff with panarin.

i guess getting a hall of famer for a 2nd/1st is good. but kane is such a villain irl

sigh

Eh...who is gone from last year? Vatrano and Strome and Copp up front? Replaced with Tarasenko and Trochek and Kane? Seems like a wash to me.

Talent wise they're deeper but whether that talent has enough left in the tank is another matter

e: I guess Reaves and Gauthier are gone but I don't even remember if either of them played in the playoffs (I think Reaves got benched at least)

Goodrow Vesey and Motte should be a good 4th line

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's not a big deal that Patrick Kane is a rapist because he used to be really good at hockey.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I have no doubt that Kane's a creep on some level, because most pro athletes are, but didn't the rape accusations turn out to be a hoax

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
EDIT: No, the rape accusations were not a hoax. The victim's mother (very stupidly) tried to claim that something was wrong with the police's evidence bag or chain of evidence or something like that, and THAT turned out to be a hoax. And one that happened, all credibility went out the window. So when you combine that with the fact that the victim was already facing harassment from his insane fans, they decided to not move forward with the case.

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah how do you say no to that price?

Very easy. "No thanks, we have a 'no rapists' policy on our team."

Have been against this move from the start, both because he's human garbage and because he's going to make the team worse. Oh well, the tears of every Twitter moron celebrating this trade will be delicious. No one's beating Boston anyway.

Go Avs

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 28, 2023

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

OldSenileGuy posted:

Very easy. "No thanks, we have a 'no rapists' policy on our team."

Have been against this move from the start, both because he's human garbage and because he's going to make the team worst. Oh well, the tears of every Twitter moron celebrating this trade will be delicious. No one's beating Boston anyway.

Go Avs

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Levitate posted:

Eh...who is gone from last year? Vatrano and Strome and Copp up front? Replaced with Tarasenko and Trochek and Kane? Seems like a wash to me.

Talent wise they're deeper but whether that talent has enough left in the tank is another matter

e: I guess Reaves and Gauthier are gone but I don't even remember if either of them played in the playoffs (I think Reaves got benched at least)

Goodrow Vesey and Motte should be a good 4th line

Talent wise, they are definitely deeper, but if they suffer a single injury up front, who steps up, Brodzinski? Maybe Cullye?

Last year there were more (not necessarily better) NHL-ish bodies in the conversation. Hunt, Reaves, McKegg, Gauthier. Thin bench this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

whatis posted:

i agree with mcmagic actually, gently caress the rangers