Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

Video Games

Did another Risk of Rain 2 build! Various characters, items, etc. from the game.

You're so good at this :)

I just built out some minifigs for my submarine project and uh, I might have to just say that it is minifig scale and not actually have any in there. Or just very plain Blue and Tan figures. I know, YOU guys all knew they were expensive but I'm still very new at this and up to this point have not cared about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Flyinglemur posted:

You're so good at this :)

I just built out some minifigs for my submarine project and uh, I might have to just say that it is minifig scale and not actually have any in there. Or just very plain Blue and Tan figures. I know, YOU guys all knew they were expensive but I'm still very new at this and up to this point have not cared about them.

This is where I'm going to advocate again for the knockoffs from china. Heck, they have a ton of military ones that might work better for you as well.
something like this
https://www.marstoy.net/products/th...ndex.header_1.1

I accidentally got my kid way too many battle droids for his bday - I saw a sale of $6 for what I thought were 8 droids, but it turned out there were 4 per 'type' so he actually got 32 of them. They've already broken out of the park they started in and have marched into the city and surrounded the police station.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I just saw Titanic for the first time and am now scheming a way to get the Titanic and sell it off so I can build it and not take a massive hit. I don’t have the space to display it, so this feels like a good plan. Until I get attached to it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just buy it and build it. Then pack it away and sell it a year after it retires. Or wait until you hear it is due to be retired and buy it then. It's not like you are going to lose much money on it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Finally got around to and finished building the DeLorean. Little bit sad cause I somehow misplaced the flux capacitor sticker. Not really worth contacting support for a replacement, and not sure how exactly, but probably a side effect of me opening boxes and putting aside manuals and stickers when I get them to avoid them getting squished from sitting in the box funny for too long. Love the mechanism for flipping the wheels - feel like it lead to a nice change of pace in the general structure of how you build these creator-style cars. The hood offering a place to store some of the little extras is A+ too.

One disappointment is I feel like they cut corners on the design with regards of how to handle the different movie versions. Like for one, they could have included like 4 or 5 more parts to make all the various standalone doohickies, and second, I feel like they could/should have then presented the instructions in a way where you build the various customization bits, and then it tells you what to stick on to achieve which movie version. (Again, that would require them including a few extra parts) To that point, they maybe could have made it a bit better so that it was maybe easier to swap between the movie variants as well? Though, it might be hard not to compromise the hood design while making it easy to swap to the 3rd movie design

IMO the Creator Mustang remains top if it's class with regards to supporting the easy modification.

Carbohydrates posted:

Video Games

Did another Risk of Rain 2 build! Various characters, items, etc. from the game.

This is great.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

mastershakeman posted:

This is where I'm going to advocate again for the knockoffs from china. Heck, they have a ton of military ones that might work better for you as well.
something like this
https://www.marstoy.net/products/th...ndex.header_1.1

I accidentally got my kid way too many battle droids for his bday - I saw a sale of $6 for what I thought were 8 droids, but it turned out there were 4 per 'type' so he actually got 32 of them. They've already broken out of the park they started in and have marched into the city and surrounded the police station.

Thanks. Definitely looking into this, and will scroll back upthread because I think there were a few links that I need to bookmark

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Might have missed it in the thread previously, but it looks like LEGO House is getting another exclusive:

Thank goodness it wasn’t classic space :homebrew:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Here's another 11022 alt, I'd been thinking about it for a long time but finally had inspiration this past weekend.

The World Turtle:

Instructions here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-140103/mattking4/11022-world-turtle/#details

(poor Kevin got taken apart)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Here's another 11022 alt, I'd been thinking about it for a long time but finally had inspiration this past weekend.

The World Turtle:

Instructions here:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-140103/mattking4/11022-world-turtle/#details

(poor Kevin got taken apart)

Great A'Tuin! :3:

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Blue Moonlight posted:

Might have missed it in the thread previously, but it looks like LEGO House is getting another exclusive:

Oh man that's really nice. I thought the giant Harry Potter minifigs were really well done (except for being Harry Potter :barf: ) and always thought they should make more.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
ayooo ici vient le train onzième neuvième

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpNYPqfjHdE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Sacrebleu!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Merde!
I'd for sure pick this up if it was available stateside.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they would do those for Star Wars instead of those meh looking helmets.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I picked up the new creator 3 in 1 cozy house and can confirm it is very cozy, nice little build. both alt builds look pretty rad and the colors the set uses are nice to have around

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blue Moonlight posted:

This rules, but also sucks that there's no way in hell to get that in Australia

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
6 BL orders and many hours later, I'm so stoked with how this Fellowship of the Ring diorama turned out

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah that looks amazing

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Blue Moonlight posted:

This is cute and I'd probably get it if I was there, but not really sure I'd want to display it. I'm happy with my Lego House architecture set though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Taeke posted:

Yeah that looks amazing

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Count Thrashula posted:

6 BL orders and many hours later, I'm so stoked with how this Fellowship of the Ring diorama turned out

:krad:

Is that your own creation?

Also I saw this micro recreation of the forthcoming Rivendell set a couple of days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UOPvLSh8eI

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Count Thrashula posted:

Holy crap, that is awesome

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

I'd honestly buy something like this over the Rivendell set

Especially if there were sets for all 3 films

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Count Thrashula posted:

wow the guards to the right look kicking rad, seconding i’d rather buy this.

Loved the Star Wars mini dioramas Lego put out, they should focus more on that

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Looks like BenBuildsLego’s design.

He’s a great follow on instagram btw, his microscale stuff is all excellent.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Infinitum posted:

I'd honestly buy something like this over the Rivendell set

Especially if there were sets for all 3 films

I'm pretty sure I've seen ones for the other 2 movies on aliexpress. I definitely know there was a mini that had baradur and mt doom.

Edit: yep, Two towers: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29411/benbuildslego/the-lrd-of-the-rings-the-two-towers/#details

ROTK: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29781/benbuildslego/the-lrd-of-the-rings-the-return-of-the-king/#details

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Blue Moonlight posted:

Oh my, I even have the OG BSB to display next to it and that pirate captain was my favorite minifig when I was little.
poo poo, maybe I need to plan trip up to Bill und when I am in Northern Germany sometime this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Douche4Sale posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen ones for the other 2 movies on aliexpress. I definitely know there was a mini that had baradur and mt doom.

Edit: yep, Two towers: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29411/benbuildslego/the-lrd-of-the-rings-the-two-towers/#details

ROTK: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29781/benbuildslego/the-lrd-of-the-rings-the-return-of-the-king/#details

Owns bones

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Carbohydrates posted:

Video Games

Hot friggin drat, everything is so stellar. Commando is spot on, Rex is simply amazing. The multishop, printer, chest, items. Jeeze!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Looks like BenBuildsLego’s design.

He’s a great follow on instagram btw, his microscale stuff is all excellent.

Yep that's it exactly. Definitely didn't mean to imply I designed it!

I really want to do his two towers and return of the king designs soon

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Count Thrashula posted:

I love it, especially the boat on the river anduin

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
dangit I had somehow convinced myself the 'Up' House was coming out tomorrow rather than April

guess I still gotta wait another month for a set with updog

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
$70 USD for the Executor Super Star Destroyer Diorama seems too much! even if it's like 630 pieces!!!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/executor-super-star-destroyer-75356

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

w00tazn posted:

$70 USD for the Executor Super Star Destroyer Diorama seems too much! even if it's like 630 pieces!!!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/executor-super-star-destroyer-75356

the trench run thing is more pieces and looks cooler. but also otoh all these diorama things are overpriced by at least 10-20 bucks, if not more. star wars is its own poo poo obviously but good lord. its more expensive than the tie bomber and like 20 bucks more than the slave 1 boba fetts starshipTM

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oof, not even an exclusive minifig of some kind to cushion the blow. Glad I’ve kinda given up on collecting licensed sets.

Built the A-Frame Cabin this weekend and it looks great but good god I have no idea where I’m gonna put this thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like I am the only one who thinks the trench run is the lamest one of those they have done. It's just a bunch of greebles and some mediocre looking micro builds. I really like that SSD, but yeah $70 seems overpriced, but all of those are. It's clearly uses bigger parts than the trench run and is a bigger build. Those adult themed sets always go on sale after a bit, so I'll probably grab that one when I can find it for under $50.

Nothing comes close to the $100 trash compactor though, even if it's literally the best one they have made. The price is comical. I found it for $30 off and I still think it was overpriced. It's drat neat though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where's Jabbas throne room? I thought that was gonna be a May 4th thing.

Boushh helmet is cool but I still don't know if I care about those helmets at all.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Blue Moonlight posted:

oh DANG! I had this guy as a kid and I kinda sorta really want this. Big figurative models with tons of cool snot techniques are totally my jam, I love seeing LEGO used to make animals and characters and these new giant minifigures they've been doing are the natural extension of that. It's a bugger that it's an exclusive

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Is there a mirrored version of this piece 48171

It's the klick klack click piece, my kid got the iron monger set for his bday and is upset that one leg has grey on top/black connector bottom and then the other leg is black connector top and grey on bottom

Speaking of that set, it is shockingly flimsy in areas.i guess I'm used to their super high standards and having pieces attached just by two studs that fall off when handled roughly is not expected

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pictures? Because if you have one of those parts in black it's a bagging error by lego, that set should only have two of those in dark grey.