Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

Moogle's are little shits but at least they aren't the sylphs or the pixies (just the pixies, nu mou and amaro A+ good friends).

I will not hear a word said against Feo Ul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

barclayed posted:

I have a problem.

Help me come to appreciate Moogles. Right now I just do not see the appeal of them. I have nothing but disdain for them. Every time I get Moogle Mog in Wondrous Tails, I let out a long sigh because although I know it’s the easiest one- me and my friend can nearly one-shot him if we crit- they’re so annoying to me. I’ve hated these things since I first saw them in Kingdom Hearts: Recoded.

I hate the sounds they make. I hate how they talk. It’s so weird.

My friend and his girlfriend think I’m being irrational. And everyone seems to think they’re so cute! (Except Estinien, I’ve been told.) Even Ysayle comes to love them, and I just can’t right now.

They've always been cutesy characters since their first appearance in the franchise, though not always as much as they are in XIV. It kind of boils down to how much of a tolerance you have for anime comic relief mascot characters. If it helps, after Heavensward they don't show up in the story all that often.

On the other hand,

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The HW Moogles are if nothing else a good source of crafting experience which is important for getting through the Hell of HW crafting.

That said unlocking that tribe involves an absurdly long quest chain that you probably should just look up.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

YggiDee posted:

Moogles are riding on a lot of goodwill from previous Final Fantasy games. FFVI has Mog, who rocks, can dance, and can equip the charm that prevents encounters for cave-diving. And it more or less opens with a group of cave-dwelling moogles saving you from imperial troops, and you can strip their equipment on the way out to get some early weapons and armour. It will take a lot for me to hate moogles after that.

Exactly what I would have said. Per the understood phenomenon that Your First FF Was the Best One I favor FF6 and Mog is a legend. Kupoppo!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Maxwell Lord posted:

The HW Moogles are if nothing else a good source of crafting experience which is important for getting through the Hell of HW crafting.

Counterpoint: Ishgard Restoration exists.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

The guy from Dark Knight 50-60 hates 'em too.

I find them okay in small doses. Like, the concept of a pack of long-lived faerie critters that play tricks on people and skive off their work and constantly get in trouble and have to be bailed out by the WoL is pretty good. Every time a moogle annoys me, I remember that I can just let a FATE play to completion and leave one in the belly of a dinosaur.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The best Moogle is one who deserves far more screen time, Nutsy

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Running into players who still have never done the moogle fight is always fun. Pure wtf is this poo poo reactions.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Counterpoint: Ishgard Restoration exists.

Honestly not as good for XP and managing all the materials for that can be a pain.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Wonder what this is about :ohdear:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1630680295350611968

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just turn in poo poo from the marketboard to your GC.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

That's concerning. Maybe he meant like taxing? I'm going off twitter translate

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
He wasn't around to meet Alex Moukala, so it's not the Manderville.
https://twitter.com/alex_moukala/status/1630654646132850689
Maybe it's Manderville withdrawal.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Soken's been working on ff16, most likely he's worn out. Its a big project.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly not as good for XP and managing all the materials for that can be a pain.

Well, yeah. Something you can do infinitely is less efficient than a daily limited one.

But pro: never do moogles.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Aphrodite posted:

Well, yeah. Something you can do infinitely is less efficient than a daily limited one.

But pro: never do moogles.

But then you never get the fluff mount!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The restoration is incredible exp for time invested and the material management is really just a matter of how much gil you're willing to spend on the endeavor.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly not as good for XP

Gamerescape says that the top tier moogle dailies are worth 282k, which is only slightly higher than a base collectability level 40 restoration turn-in (234k XP). If you can hit tier 2 (which is easy with a little gear and a macro) that jumps to 460k a turn-in, which is over a daily and a half of XP.

E: And for completeness sake, tier three collectability is nearly a million XP per.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 1, 2023

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

TheWorldsaStage posted:

But then you never get the fluff mount!
Also would miss out on the Moogle Dance and Moonlift Dance as well.

IMO people should do content even if it's not as efficient for leveling as something added afterward. Unlocking the Moogle quests is definitely a pain in the rear end though

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The difference between restoration and moogles is that you don't need to be a good crafter to do moogles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alxprit posted:

The difference between restoration and moogles is that you don't need to be a good crafter to do moogles

You really really don't need to be to do Restoration either. I just press buttons and hit max just fine. And I am 100% positive macros that do it for you exist

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, Restoration crafts are eminently macroable and not particularly hard, save for possibly the expert crafts, which aren't relevant to leveling anyway. (Those might also be macroable at this point, tbh? They're balanced around being hard with level 80 gear, not modern BiS.)

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
<<Pom Friend>>

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I leveled everything with the restoration and hit two buttons a craft: the first macro, and the second macro.

If you don't want to spend the time/gil on the mats then yeah, do your dailies, but otherwise restoration is more exp a pop and also give you glam and emotes and mounts just like Moogles and any other crafting tribe does.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

iPodschun posted:

Also would miss out on the Moogle Dance and Moonlift Dance as well.
And Moogle slippers, which my monk wears all the time together with Murderous Mogfists.

Step on a moogle today!

dyslexicfaser fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 1, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

iPodschun posted:

IMO people should do content even if it's not as efficient for leveling as something added afterward. Unlocking the Moogle quests is definitely a pain in the rear end though

Oh sure, do them for the sake of doing them by all means. Just, Maxwell Lord seemed to be suggesting that they were the best way through HW levels for crafting, which they emphatically are not. Hell, when I was leveling my crafters in 5.3 I had 20-60 down to like an hour and a half, tops.

Even came out net positive on gil from leveling everything to 80 by selling scratch-off prizes. :v:

ImpAtom posted:

And I am 100% positive macros that do it for you exist

Teamcraft in fact has a whole guide with macros at every level bracket.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I love moogles! Their fur is so fluffy and soft!

Feels great against my knuckles! :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Moogles are trash but at least they're better than namazu.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No, no! Namazu are endearing cause while they're a bunch of useless idiots they at least aren't malicious about it. They're just kind of dumb, but they're earnest and they try damnit!

Moogles meanwhile are just lazy and jerks.

[edit] Except Gyodo. Next time that little poo poo double crosses me, I'm arranging a meeting for him with Cirina.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 1, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YlTeJ2BLI4

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
i like moogles. i think they're funny when they're being annoying. appreciate their hustle of getting the wol to do their chores for them

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah namazu are greedy, stupid, uncoordinated, little bastards but at least they're not lazy and cruel like moogles are. They're lazy and cruel in entirely different, more amusing ways.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah namazu are greedy, stupid, uncoordinated, little bastards but at least they're not lazy and cruel like moogles are. They're lazy and cruel in entirely different, more amusing ways, yes yes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Detheros posted:

Moogles are trash but at least they're better than namazu.

I wouldn't even say the moogles are trash but :same:

If the namazu wanted me to like them, the first and most noteworthy one of them you meet shouldn't have been Gyodo. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't even right now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moogles, Fae and Namazu are all slightly different degree of malicious and dumbass.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Moogles are fine. They just require copious amounts of drugs and bribes if you want them to actually do anything. Far more drugs and bribes than I was expecting.

Namazu are also fine, and I love that their cutscenes are the closest the WoL gets to turning down quests.

Pixies and Fuath, I personally dislike them but I appreciate that they're culturally accurate, it's a better representation of non-Japanese mythology than I have ever seen in a JRPG. Nu mou I do not understand why they are dogs.

Unrelated,

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
For me, part of what makes the Namazu so fun is wondering how those dumb little fish have managed to survive for so long. And yes yes, their sheer earnestness as they go about their shenanigans. They have such an honest and oblivious sincerity to their stupidity, whereas moogles are often quite aware they're being dumb little shits and try to pretend otherwise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dareon posted:

Unrelated,

My friends call this "dying to damage"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dareon posted:

Moogles are fine. They just require copious amounts of drugs and bribes if you want them to actually do anything. Far more drugs and bribes than I was expecting.

Namazu are also fine, and I love that their cutscenes are the closest the WoL gets to turning down quests.

Pixies and Fuath, I personally dislike them but I appreciate that they're culturally accurate, it's a better representation of non-Japanese mythology than I have ever seen in a JRPG. Nu mou I do not understand why they are dogs.

Unrelated,

Shoulda hit Second Wind :clint: