Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mazerunner posted:

mission 4: double tormenter in a tiny room, ow

This one did take me a couple tries but it's easier if you break the shoulderpads of only one at a time since the other one will stay slower if it's at full health. They're very dangerous up close but don't have a lot of answers for "run away screaming and crying to the other side of the room", I found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
These Silver Surfer lookin rear end dudes look like that meme of taking ridiculous female fantasy armour and putting it on some buff bros.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 1, 2023

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Meiteron posted:

This one did take me a couple tries but it's easier if you break the shoulderpads of only one at a time since the other one will stay slower if it's at full health. They're very dangerous up close but don't have a lot of answers for "run away screaming and crying to the other side of the room", I found.

oh I beat it with solar hunter doing what you said, yeah

also you gotta complete quicksilver storm's catalyst to turn it green, it didn't update automatically

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
nimbus is loving awful.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Stasis is loving dead, which makes me sad. They nerfed reserves on aeger by way of reserve mods being poo poo. Triple stack and I can't get max ammo on it. Ammo finder seems like it got nerfed and orb generation is super slow too now it seems. I think I'm done playing for the day after 2 hours. Feels extremely bad to play, and not because of the power level deficit, I can deal with that it's nothing new. But goddamn it feels tedious to play. Probably go back to maining void since resilience is poo poo and ability regen is just awful. Power fantasy means fantasizing about power, who knew!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

doing the campaign on legendary solo has made me realize that the cabal are the least fun faction to fight against:

> gently caress-off shields

> knockback

> vertical knockback

> turrets

> everything's a health sponge and/or explodes on death

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

The NeoLuna graphics seem kinda flat? The road textures seem not that great tbh.

My brain keeps waiting for the textures to finish loading but they never do.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

arsenicCatnip posted:

doing the campaign on legendary solo has made me realize that the cabal are the least fun faction to fight against:

> gently caress-off shields

> knockback

> vertical knockback

> turrets

> everything's a health sponge and/or explodes on death

Laughs in Skyburner's Oath.

But seriously agreed the worst is the knockback. God help you if you encounter two together and they dual-knockback your rear end back to Earth. (At least they can't dual-blast you and get you architect killed. Duality! :argh:)

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

TopHatGenius posted:

Laughs in Skyburner's Oath.

But seriously agreed the worst is the knockback. God help you if you encounter two together and they dual-knockback your rear end back to Earth. (At least they can't dual-blast you and get you architect killed. Duality! :argh:)

holy poo poo I forgot about skyburner's, throwing that on ASAP.

And yeah the double donk is brutal, though that's a bungie physics problem in general. I've lost so many QWs to Taken doing that poo poo

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I do not understand why they always lock the campaign behind gear score.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

tormenter lore thought: 99% sure they are beefy psions. once you see it it's very obvious. Also there's been more lore building up Nez, and a message (not sure if it was a random one) that connected Nez to psions

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

My brain keeps waiting for the textures to finish loading but they never do.

Yeah maybe it's this.

Its kinda jarring going from the ship parts to the ground parts and the graphics don't seem nearly as good.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Majere posted:

Looking at DIM to setup my armor while at work...its appears we have special and heavy ammo finders instead of per weapon type! gently caress yeah

:hai:

my heavy is doing major damage so far

I spent 15 minutes trying to find a good balance with the new mods. Lots of good configs but still need to find the right combo for my punchy assassin hunter

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well tried the prison break thing and it bugged out on the boss with no way for any of us to pick up the things dropped by the taken sorcerers. great.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Stasis is loving dead, which makes me sad. They nerfed reserves on aeger by way of reserve mods being poo poo. Triple stack and I can't get max ammo on it. Ammo finder seems like it got nerfed and orb generation is super slow too now it seems. I think I'm done playing for the day after 2 hours. Feels extremely bad to play, and not because of the power level deficit, I can deal with that it's nothing new. But goddamn it feels tedious to play. Probably go back to maining void since resilience is poo poo and ability regen is just awful. Power fantasy means fantasizing about power, who knew!

This is straight out untrue

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Mazerunner posted:

tormenter lore thought: 99% sure they are beefy psions. once you see it it's very obvious. Also there's been more lore building up Nez, and a message (not sure if it was a random one) that connected Nez to psions

agreed, it makes the most sense. Kinda a bummer though cause my original idea was that they were Lubraean zombies, like the Scorn being eliksni zombies.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

fr, stasis is whipping rear end in my group, agers too

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I was noodling around with stasis and it still feels the best for crowd control, and I only have 1 aspect unlocked!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What are the best mods to generate orbs? For melee builds

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I really hate how the mission tooltip thingys popup on the right side of the screen right over the middle of whatever mission/vendor text I'm trying to read. Just the most brainless, dogshit design, goddamn.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

PathAsc posted:

I understand year 5 was the year of power creep but this feels like they nerfed us all the way back to launch D2 levels.

Horizon Burning posted:

nimbus is loving awful.

It's honestly not even just the writing but it's also a terrible performance by the actor, and I know they can do better because they also voiced Alecto, Tisiphone, and Athena in Hades.

I am halfway through the campaign (assuming it's eight missions long like WQ?) and maybe this is a weird thing to get hung up on but I hate how everyone is talking about the Veil like we all know what that is and I have no clue what it is or why I should be protecting it. The expansion has only been out for seven hours but it's hard not to feel let down by it so far.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 1, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm guessing this was established lore that I'm not privvy too but why is the fact that there's civilization on Neptune such a big surprise? We've been flying all over the solar system post collapse, was something like blocking us from ever reaching Neptune?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

was something like blocking us from ever reaching Neptune?

The Darknessssssss

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

We've been flying all over the solar system post collapse, was something like blocking us from ever reaching Neptune?

It is very far away.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm guessing this was established lore that I'm not privvy too but why is the fact that there's civilization on Neptune such a big surprise? We've been flying all over the solar system post collapse, was something like blocking us from ever reaching Neptune?

Neomuna was hidden somehow and the Last City was under the impression it was the only remnant of humanity in the universe, hence the name.

the cabal had been to Neptune specifically and The Stranger made it as far as Pluto, Neomuna had just disguised itself somehow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So what are we changing the last city's name to then?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Bleck posted:

It is very far away.

:shrug:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Party city

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Oldmuna.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I guess that all makes sense. Thanks all.

Gotta say tho, I was pretty excited to be in a cool neon city but it's uh..Not very vibrant so far. I'm early on so IDK if that'll change but so far it doesn't deliver visually what they hyped up.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

MarcusSA posted:

Tampa Bay

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I figured it was a Wakanda-style stealth field deelie.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Has it ever been established where, geographically, The Last City is relative to irl society?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Has it ever been established where, geographically, The Last City is relative to irl society?

south america, probably in the andes in Chile

this isn't like a 100% Ikora pointed to it on a map type thing, but there's been many many clues

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

even old mu-na, was once the last city

why they changed it I can't say, people just liked it better that way

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I swear there's something wrong with the graphics in the city, it's like there's a grey fog or filter over everything, very unlike Bungie, areas are usually really well lit and color saturated, especially in HDR, but this looks... off somehow

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Osiris needs a major loving attitude adjustment.

Speaking of needing an adjustment.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

New strike is great:

return to vaporwave Vex land!

taken, vex and some cabal

nice and short, with juuuust enough mechanics to be interesting

Nimbus is not their actual name Dara Danu

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 1, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finished the campaign and have some thoughts that are basically 'I did not like this campaign much'.

Second-act bad-ends are a thing that can be done well but the way they implemented it here feels like the worst kind of "hey we won" "oh wait no we didn't". We're sitting around after the big W and then Ghost serenely floats away and turns it into an L. A Halo Reach-style last stand with Caitl at the entrance where we just straight-up fail as solemn music plays would have felt better than this. I was excited about descending into an Ishtar Collective facility and finding out what the gently caress the Veil was since Ishtar lore is crazy but the Veil is not at all explained and whatever it did to the Traveller Zavala is acting like it's Dead For Real so I guess the coming year is gonna be about that.

It sucks that Calus got turned into and went out like a chump. Jovial nihilist Calus who wrote fanfiction about us and wanted to see the end of the universe was infinitely more compelling than the rear end in a top hat second-string goon he got turned into at Haunting and continued to be here. Not even a good final scene with Caitl after what we saw in Duality. RIP Emperor, I wanted to grow fat from strength with you but then you became a dull henchman. It even sucks to fight him, he is a souped-up Colussus with infinite adds who then turns into a souped-up Gladiator and the arena is catwalks over deathzones so they can have a reason to make you use Strand, so any kind of physics fuckery and you're dead unless you can pull of a half-second grapple.

I have no thoughts about Nimbus, they are a non-entity. Bring Finch to Neptune and have him be dazzled at Neomuna.

The new guns are great, the new strike rules, I love Strand, the Tormentors are fuckin scary, D2 will continue to be D2 and I enjoy playing D2. But this campaign was closer to Beyond Light than Witch Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
yeah, this was awful. maybe it was my fault for having not played destiny 2 for a while, but i can't stress how disappointed i am. the witness carves a triangle into the traveler, and i guess that kills it? and maybe it's a portal to inside the traveler? it's like getting the first third of a story, if that. in any decently told story, that event is where the campaign WOULD'VE BEGUN.