Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got some Thai bird chilis & garlic fermenting in vinegar on my kitchen counter. I'm debating on straining and blending it into a traditional hot sauce for the texture, or leave it as is and just have sukang sawsawan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

:lol: medical spouses rock (but I’m biased)

Oh I definitely ga e her poo poo leading up to the birth of our kids (but not during, obviously) about how kidney stones are more painful

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got some Thai bird chilis & garlic fermenting in vinegar on my kitchen counter. I'm debating on straining and blending it into a traditional hot sauce for the texture, or leave it as is and just have sukang sawsawan.

There's a vinegar pepper sauce that my wife likes to make with some Thai dishes, namely anything that uses wide rice noodles like pad see ew. Mince a few Thai chiles, heat them momentarily in a little saucepan, then add a little white vinegar and season to taste with sugar. Simple but really good on certain things, this reminds me of that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Correct. Cholula is definitely the preferred hot sauce in Mexican restaurants in chicago.

The sauces I always have on hand are Cholula Chili Garlic, Tapatio, Valentina, Crystal, Louisiana and Frank's. I used to always have Sriracha as well, but the flavor hasn't been the same ever since Huy Fong started having sourcing problems with their chili peppers.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

C-Euro posted:

There's a vinegar pepper sauce that my wife likes to make with some Thai dishes, namely anything that uses wide rice noodles like pad see ew. Mince a few Thai chiles, heat them momentarily in a little saucepan, then add a little white vinegar and season to taste with sugar. Simple but really good on certain things, this reminds me of that.

I found this type of vinegar-centric hot sauces good for cutting through fatty fried foods. Sukang sawsawan is great with with lumpia or lechon IMO.

The Brits may have been onto something using malt vinegar on their chips.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/PopCulture/status/1630319361993867265?t=lywZqMyfxVN0Ha_2pscN1w&s=19

The left is getting nervous...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Greg Olsen probably had an extra pep in his step after seeing that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm calling it now that Brady is gonna be a loving dog poo poo commentator.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Skwirl posted:

This is in preparation for that.

His time as a sports commentator job is gonna look brilliant after his stint as a "comedian."

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Skwirl posted:

I hate to say it but your going to be wrong.

He already has a SiriusXM show and it's not bad. I mean its hosed up I hate him more than anyone but he's inexplicably very good at everything career wise anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

I found this type of vinegar-centric hot sauces good for cutting through fatty fried foods. Sukang sawsawan is great with with lumpia or lechon IMO.

The Brits may have been onto something using malt vinegar on their chips.

My friend called me drunk from two time zones away to tell me about how he discovered Soy Sauce on popcorn "totally works!!"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

He doesn't strike me as a man with a sense of humor so this will likely turn out poorly. To be fair though the only Brady thing I will reluctantly support is his kids posting their kittens on his IG.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

Greg Olsen probably had an extra pep in his step after seeing that

Brady had already said earlier this month that he wouldn't start working for Fox Sports until 2024, so Olsen's job was already safe for another year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

My friend called me drunk from two time zones away to tell me about how he discovered Soy Sauce on popcorn "totally works!!"

Never tried soy sauce, but I load up my corn with hot sauce all the time. It’s the best. Might have to try soy sauce one day.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Never tried soy sauce, but I load up my corn with hot sauce all the time. It’s the best. Might have to try soy sauce one day.

Get a Whirley Pop (or other stovetop popper), pop the corn in coconut oil, then load it up with Old Bay seasoning.

You'll thank me later.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Fish sauce on popcorn is a-tier.

I don't care what the theater ushers keep saying.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tajin for popcorn y’all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

I want Philip Rivers in the booth badly

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I forgot about the El Yucateco XXXtra hot. Definitely a staple for adding straight heat without affecting flavor.
Also Bachan's Hot & Spicy Japanese BBQ sauce.
Also Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp, and Centos Extra Hot Pepperoncino Calabrese.

The entire second shelf of my fridge is taken up with spice-laden condiments, along with 6 bottles of Karim's Garlic Sauce, which I learned about from someone in here I think - I've since introduced to 3 friends who are all now addicts also, and plan to ship some to my family come the holidays.

LA folk who like spicy - If you're in the vicinity of Lingburi Thai (which seems to be a delivery kitchen/takeout-only hosted in an commercial shed in North Hollywood) has got some God-tier heat in almost all of their dishes and is excellently tasty too. And are open until 3am for when you feel like making some drunk good decisions.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/HideYoApes/status/1629967639383793664?t=ooCsCUJkhkl9SK66QP7CgA&s=19

All I wanted was to play Dookey Dash and now all my apes gone

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hm, sounds like it’d be a good idea to HideYoApes?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I refuse to believe that story, because nobody could ever want to play loving dookie dash after seeing that trailer.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I have no idea what DookeyDash is, but I'm gonna assume it's a racing game that takes place entirely in a world based on the cover of Green Day's Dookie album.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Timby posted:

Get a Whirley Pop (or other stovetop popper), pop the corn in coconut oil, then load it up with Old Bay seasoning.

You'll thank me later.

Flavacol is like 10 bucks for a lifetime supply on Amazon

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pickle flavor popcorn is s-tier and there's a dry powdered pickle seasoning you can buy at trader joe's that makes it insanely easy to do

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Timby posted:

You'll thank me later.

Every time I think you can’t be more an embodiment of the Midwest you up your game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

I have no idea what DookeyDash is, but I'm gonna assume it's a racing game that takes place entirely in a world based on the cover of Green Day's Dookie album.

Watch this, it's possibly one of the worst things you'll see not involving gore or the Dice Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LiVBCZ69Q

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

My old band director, who's highly respected in the field and has a full pension courtesy of the State of Wisconsin (which is itself one of if not the best public pension in the nation), has gone full crypto bro. It's hilarious and pathetic.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Watch this, it's possibly one of the worst things you'll see not involving gore or the Dice Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LiVBCZ69Q

I can tell just from the thumbnail it’s loving awful

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My god there are still people out there who care about NFTs, and others who care enough to steal them? Lol.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

My god there are still people out there who care about NFTs, and others who care enough to steal them? Lol.

I mean as far as I know stealing them is still a somewhat solid business plan. It costs nothing, whatever you can gain, you gain.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

You'll thank me later.

Coconut Oil is the surprisingly still-kept secret to popcorn, and Whirley Pop is god tier, I got one for my dad & sister as xmas presents years ago. Go Hawkeyes.

swickles posted:

Flavacol is like 10 bucks for a lifetime supply on Amazon

Turns out it's about 'half a lifetime' actually. Last time I made popcorn I realized the trusty carton of yellow butter flavor chemicals was nearly gone. Purchased from Amazon in 2006 :eyepop:

Also, powdered salt "popcorn seasoning" for frozen oven fries, or anything you want to taste properly salted without adding a ton of salt:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ILLX70

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Timby posted:

The sauces I always have on hand are Cholula Chili Garlic, Tapatio, Valentina, Crystal, Louisiana and Frank's.

The bolded are all the exact same sauce.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As far as I can tell it's just the same grifters and whatever rubes fell for it circling around a smaller and smaller pot. At least all the scams for new ones seem to have dried up.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'll give everyone a single guess what the main food was at my office's Black History Month luncheon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

I'll give everyone a single guess what the main food was at my office's Black History Month luncheon.

:stonk:

I hope I’m not right.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GD_American posted:

Poached salmon?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Lobster Meunière?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

Okra

And now a few of you also remembered Fred Smoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

There are still people out there who will seek out any means to make a quick buck?