Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Calvinball rules with Batman themes.

Pre-order from BestBuy for the Afflicted JLA skins and LassoBound Epic Gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Fortnite makes a billion dollars so if we do a Fortnite we will also make a billion dollars

You loving rube, if we do Fortnite we only make a billion dollars, but if we do Fortnite and charge 70 dollars a copy then we will do like 3 billion dollars :smug:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah a single player game means you have to make another one at some point. But since this is a live service game you don't need to make anything else and can just keep adding poo poo to it and not pay as many people and reuse resources and charge money every couple of months for a battle pass and charge money so people can get that weapon that does 25 extra damage instead of 22 and some skins so they look like Batman while they gun the same enemies down!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I was originally excited about this game but the more I hear about it the less I care. I just want a drat sequel to Arkham Knight. I love Arkham Knight.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

chaosapiant posted:

I was originally excited about this game but the more I hear about it the less I care. I just want a drat sequel to Arkham Knight. I love Arkham Knight.

Consider this though - Batman doesn't use guns. This game features 4 characters that use guns, making the overall content 4x better than Batman.

I must be weird, because take away all the GAAS stuff, and this looks like a tragically mis-branded fun time. If this was GI Joe Kills the Justice League (Or even just a straight up GI Joe game), I think it would be amazing. Give me a run and gun, multiplayer game with a handful of different, if not unique, characters to play as, and I can see the appeal. I think there's a fun time available here, but having to make it a licensed game with DC properties is very much hamstringing the design and hammering a square peg into a round hole.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The worst part of that trailer is at the 3:10 mark. We've seen hints of melee moves although they seem to be just finishers but then King Shark pulls out some sickles and it's like aw yeah here we go. Some slice 'n' dice action. No, it cuts to some point blank machine gun action.

Why am I playing as any character other than Deadshot if the game is just shooting stuff?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Consider this though - Batman doesn't use guns. This game features 4 characters that use guns, making the overall content 4x better than Batman.

I must be weird, because take away all the GAAS stuff, and this looks like a tragically mis-branded fun time. If this was GI Joe Kills the Justice League (Or even just a straight up GI Joe game), I think it would be amazing. Give me a run and gun, multiplayer game with a handful of different, if not unique, characters to play as, and I can see the appeal. I think there's a fun time available here, but having to make it a licensed game with DC properties is very much hamstringing the design and hammering a square peg into a round hole.

Volition made a NotGIJoe game a few years ago and it bombed hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CzarChasm posted:

There's also the fact that this is Rocksteady's first game since finishing the Arkham trilogy, so it seems like a waste of a really good studio

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Volition made a NotGIJoe game a few years ago and it bombed hard.

The problem with Agents of MAYHEM was it wasn't very good. The concept has merit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I mean that concept is already Overwatch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dawgstar posted:

The problem with Agents of MAYHEM was it wasn't very good. The concept has merit.

It was also like a 20% completed game when they released it. I actually pre-ordered it because I loved Saints Row 4 so much and man was it a huge disappointment. I know they added quite a bit since launch but that was enough to kill my interest entirely.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

It was also like a 20% completed game when they released it. I actually pre-ordered it because I loved Saints Row 4 so much and man was it a huge disappointment. I know they added quite a bit since launch but that was enough to kill my interest entirely.

Exact same. There were hints of fun things here and there but that's all there was. It was extremely repetitive and if you were inclined to talk about how story had fallen off from Saints Row 2 then there was just nothing there. I wanted to say it felt like the good stuff was surgically removed but as you say it was never there to begin with.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Medullah posted:

They definitely did not add 80% of a good game to it, take it from someone who got a discount copy years late.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, I mean that concept is already Overwatch.

The concept of GI Joe as a game is basically any of those Modern Warfare games, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

The concept of GI Joe as a game is basically any of those Modern Warfare games, right?

In fact a few of them even have specific unique operators with codenames. In at least one they have their own unique power.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dawgstar posted:

Exact same. There were hints of fun things here and there but that's all there was. It was extremely repetitive and if you were inclined to talk about how story had fallen off from Saints Row 2 then there was just nothing there. I wanted to say it felt like the good stuff was surgically removed but as you say it was never there to begin with.

secretly best girl posted:

They definitely did not add 80% of a good game to it, take it from someone who got a discount copy years late.

It's funny, I decided to give it another shot on PC (I had it for Playstation) since the "Complete" version was like $5 a few months ago, figured it might be a fun Steam Deck game. Got it and started to install and then just said "ehhhh nah"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Finished Midnight Suns. Good game. Combat was quite enjoyable, would like to see it repurposed for a more RPG-y game that's got more narrative freedom. Vibes were a bit off; the small bits of workplace humor and characterization were good, but the big dramatic plot points all felt wrung out and floppy. Superhero characters need to be a little more snappy than this, I think.

now to wait until Storm and... Morbius?!... are out to do one more playthrough

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Morbin time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When they were figuring out what the DLC was going to be, I wonder how far in development the Morbius movie was. Because it was announced back when Sony was thinking Andrew Garfield was their Spider-Man for their foreseeable future, and then a lot of poo poo happened and we eventually got the Jared Leto movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

Morbin time

Every New Game save file
Starts from some other save file's end

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

When they were figuring out what the DLC was going to be, I wonder how far in development the Morbius movie was. Because it was announced back when Sony was thinking Andrew Garfield was their Spider-Man for their foreseeable future, and then a lot of poo poo happened and we eventually got the Jared Leto movie.

Eh he sorta makes sense for a game with loose links to the Midnight Sons at least. (why is the game called Midnight Suns btw? It is the sons in the comics right? Obviously that doesn't mean the game has to be called that but I can't think why it's called Suns).

The other DLC characters are pretty out of that wheelhouse so it makes sense to have one who is thematically linked I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Eh he sorta makes sense for a game with loose links to the Midnight Sons at least. (why is the game called Midnight Suns btw? It is the sons in the comics right? Obviously that doesn't mean the game has to be called that but I can't think why it's called Suns).

The other DLC characters are pretty out of that wheelhouse so it makes sense to have one who is thematically linked I think.

Storm makes sense because Dracula has a massive boner for Storm so she ends up embroiled with Vampire stuff

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

thebardyspoon posted:

Probably because half the Midnight Suns in the game are women.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Probably because half the Midnight Suns in the game are women.

Yeah. I think the Midnight Sons had maybe two women and they were in the same book.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Midnight Suns is cooler as well.

I like the line Wolverine has about Storm describing how Dracula smells. It'll be fun to use her.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Because there's literally a star called "Midnight Sun" as a plot point.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ah that makes sense, I didn't get far enough for that to be mentioned I guess.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It wasn't fully defined, but it was mentioned in like, the opening cutscene.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Storm makes sense because Dracula has a massive boner for Storm so she ends up embroiled with Vampire stuff

Storm has also had a lot of brushes with the mystical side of Marvel. In fact, an alternate timeline version of her became a sorceress and played a key role in Magik's origin.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

glitchwraith posted:

Storm has also had a lot of brushes with the mystical side of Marvel. In fact, an alternate timeline version of her became a sorceress and played a key role in Magik's origin.

She's basically magic even in the current continuity. Storm being good at magic plays a part of her showing up in the current Scarlet Witch ongoing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Storm better have moves where she knifes someone.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Storm better have moves where she knifes someone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know it would kind of own to get powerless knife queen rip your heart out Storm.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Storm is the best character because power wise she's loving top tier, loving wrath of god poo poo. And then when she can't or won't use her powers she will loving murder you with a knife.

And then also she's a really nice and understanding person.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Looking forward to the Wolverine game.

Wish these developers could take a page out of the past because the old Logan game on Ps2 was quite good.

And so was the god damned Hulk game.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Making boxing gloves out of cars and buses never got old, and I doubt it ever will

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

And then also she's a really nice and understanding person.
Storm will always be the mega bombastic 90s cartoon version to me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you have a much better chance at knife catching when you have 5 arms

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is there ANY GaaS game that was successful that adds characters and is still active?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fortnite