Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The first is not really good except compared to the sequels. The sequels are among the worst movies connected to Stephen King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

dr_rat posted:

The original King stories is alright, but um there really isn't much to it.

True, however 'He Who Walks Behind the Rows' is a hell of a line.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Baron von Eevl posted:

The first is not really good except compared to the sequels. The sequels are among the worst movies connected to Stephen King.

Yeah the starts out kind of good but then it's like okay maybe this will get good and then nothing happens. But it is truly a classic when compared to the sequels lol

There are so many made for TV King movies and King adaptations in general, kind of wish we were getting new Maximum Overdrives regularly instead of now what, 14 Children of the Corn flicks?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Also one of the best lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1yb7PQw4o&t=75s

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah the starts out kind of good but then it's like okay maybe this will get good and then nothing happens. But it is truly a classic when compared to the sequels lol

There are so many made for TV King movies and King adaptations in general, kind of wish we were getting new Maximum Overdrives regularly instead of now what, 14 Children of the Corn flicks?

I think there was a made for TV version called "Trucks." I feel safe assuming it was very bad.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

muscles like this! posted:

Big surprise but the new Children of the Corn reboot is getting bad reviews. Apparently they added a weird revenge angle where the kids hate the adults because the adults killed a bunch of kids in a botched hostage situation. Also a muddled message about GMOs and government subsidies.

I wonder which state gave them tax credits to film there

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

muscles like this! posted:

Big surprise but the new Children of the Corn reboot is getting bad reviews. Apparently they added a weird revenge angle where the kids hate the adults because the adults killed a bunch of kids in a botched hostage situation. Also a muddled message about GMOs and government subsidies.

I am shocked to my very core...n.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

Was Dr. Drew always a horrible quack or did that happen later because my memory of him on Loveline was "Dude with decent advice putting up with idiot co-host".

But that was also like 20 years ago at this point so I'm going to assume he always sucked and was just better at hiding it.

I wouldn’t say he was a quack exactly, but even back then he had some unfortunate opinions about women and was also weirdly anti-anal sex. Like, don’t do it on a regular basis, kids, or you’ll regret it! I think he just looked a whole lot better in comparison to Adam Carolla. And that it was in the 90s/early 2000s when certain attitudes were a lot more accepted.

There used to be a Loveline thread in GBS and many goons convinced themselves they could tell when a woman has been sexually abused in her past, namely because she’ll have an annoying high-pitched voice.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I wonder which state gave them tax credits to film there

Australia, actually. :australia:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Doesn't Australia have states?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Children of the Corn but it's the Corn Kid telling everyone about how awesome corn is but earns the wrath of Big Wheat

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It’s hilarious that they’ve adapted IT twice now and both times made the exact identical mistake of separate kids and adults chapters despite the adult parts in the book only being a framing device that makes up like a fourth of the book tops.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Children of the Corn but it's the Corn Kid telling everyone about how awesome corn is but earns the wrath of Big Wheat

Children of the Corn but it’s an origin story of Corn Pop, how he became a bad dude, and who the bad boys he ran were.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The entire Children of the Corn series re-released with Korn doing the soundtrack for all the movies.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

galagazombie posted:

It’s hilarious that they’ve adapted IT twice now and both times made the exact identical mistake of separate kids and adults chapters despite the adult parts in the book only being a framing device that makes up like a fourth of the book tops.

Thank you! This has driven me nuts ever since I read the book. The adult sections are not their own stand-alone story, but are the vehicles to flashback to the more interesting children story.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

ruddiger posted:

The entire Children of the Corn series re-released with Korn doing the soundtrack for all the movies.

All Day I Dream About Stephen (King)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Doesn't Australia have states?

They used the American method of dividing the continent using mostly straight line borders.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

All Day I Dream About Stephen (King)

That’s the song that plays over the credits, like the ramones song in pet semetary

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

galagazombie posted:

At least they basically knocked out of the park with the original Stand. I rewatched the 2020 version recently and then the 90's version and it was just baffling that the 90's movie had about 6 hours to tell the same story and managed to flesh out all of main cast and show the effects of the plague with less budget and is just insanely watchable and engaging, unlike the 2020 version that rushes to Boulder before meandering there for a while.

Also I barely cared about most of the cast or outright disliked them. Not to say it's not a talented cast, there's some really good actors in the 2020 version but they're wasted on a bad script and soulless direction.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

joylessdivision posted:

At least they basically knocked out of the park with the original Stand. I rewatched the 2020 version recently and then the 90's version and it was just baffling that the 90's movie had about 6 hours to tell the same story and managed to flesh out all of main cast and show the effects of the plague with less budget and is just insanely watchable and engaging, unlike the 2020 version that rushes to Boulder before meandering there for a while.

Also I barely cared about most of the cast or outright disliked them. Not to say it's not a talented cast, there's some really good actors in the 2020 version but they're wasted on a bad script and soulless direction.

The 2020 version baffles me because The Stand is famous/infamous for having one of the most beloved, best, and most terrifying first halves in fiction, and one of the most hated, boring and cringe inducing second halves in fiction, And they decided to skip the entire first half of the book.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Folks, brace yourselves for another incoming Neil Breen flick

https://twitter.com/neilbreen/status/1630682259291537408?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

I thought the title in the tweet above was just a typo, but no, that’s apparently the actual formatting of the movie’s title.

https://twitter.com/razzbender/status/1625010238230339586?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

That is some sociopath poo poo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean it's Neil Breen, so yeah, that's pretty much his thing.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I didn't think Neil Breen did sequels. I know all of his movies are basically all about the same poo poo, but they were new characters each time.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

dr_rat posted:

I mean it's Neil Breen, so yeah, that's pretty much his thing.

I was hoping it was a different Neil Breen, but drat the Wikipedia entry for this poo poo owns, here is a list of his roles on that pic:

quote:

Also director of photography, casting, make up and hair, production manager, set designer, wardrobe, props, lighting design, special effects, stunt coordinator, areal rigging, special makeup effects, legal accounting administration, craft services, locations and sound editor

He’s DP and director and putting Subway on the craft services table while telling extras not to spill mustard on the costumes he made.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
From what I've seen of he's movies, when he's talking about doing "costume/hair/make up/wardrobe" that just means he dressed himself that morning.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In one movie, he listed some companies in the credits. At the end of the credits, he revealed those companies as fake.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Folks, brace yourselves for another incoming Neil Breen flick

https://twitter.com/neilbreen/status/1630682259291537408?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

I thought the title in the tweet above was just a typo, but no, that’s apparently the actual formatting of the movie’s title.

https://twitter.com/razzbender/status/1625010238230339586?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

One of his other movies is called "I am here....now"

Four periods in an ellipse. Sick.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

davidspackage posted:

He had to get the timing right on "now"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

davidspackage posted:

That movie is hilarious. There's a scene where gangsters beat up a guy for several minutes straight and it's just a static above-waist close up of two guys weakly miming punching a tied-up man while stock punching sound effects play. Occasionally they briefly cut to shots of other people there silently watching.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
neil breen is the type of guy who would put in a "insert vfx shot here" on accident so that makes him better than velocipastor (a forgettable tryhard movie)

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm certain that at least some parts of Neil Breen movies are supposed to be funny on purpose. I'm just not sure which specific parts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

probably the weird stuff where the stepdaughter is super into him

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

probably the weird stuff where the stepdaughter is super into him

No that's probably sincerely him being a perv

The montage of global conspirators committing suicide in increasingly elaborate ways was probably supposed to be darkly humorous though

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There's a scene in Fateful Findings where Neil's wife watches him eat raw spinach while they stare intently at each other, then he precariously puts it on a vertical stack of manila folders... and it falls off! How they laugh, ha, ha.

That reminds me I need to finally watch and do a write up on Twisted Pair.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Last time I dropped a bowl of spinach it made quite the mess so I think I may understand this Neal fellow.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Neil: drops spinach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz1xPx_K6Do

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Neal put all his points into the Outsider stat, leaving none left for Art.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

Even after Morgoth, there is still the Mostgoth...

what about moegoth :nyoron:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1630307595901894656?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

kalel posted:

what about moegoth :nyoron:

Not to mention Nosgoth.