Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Act 4 is the bounty cache that pulls from the others. Act 5 has a unique pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Thanks to the altar bonuses just about any build can be dragged kicking and screaming to ~GR135, with the S-tiers competing for how quickly they can destroy GR150. In another couple days you probably won't even get on the Wiz leaderboards without a GR150 clear.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
About to reach GR70 with Necro. Enjoyed the leveling and the looks of the set but I'm starting to feel the squishiness so I'm probably leveling another Monk or Barb after unlocking primals.

What's a good all around build with low effort? I'm leaning towards Turboprop Monk since I already did WW Barb last season.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Russad posted:

Act 4 is the bounty cache that pulls from the others. Act 5 has a unique pool.
Ah, you're right, I did not recall correctly.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Ulvino posted:

About to reach GR70 with Necro. Enjoyed the leveling and the looks of the set but I'm starting to feel the squishiness so I'm probably leveling another Monk or Barb after unlocking primals.

What's a good all around build with low effort? I'm leaning towards Turboprop Monk since I already did WW Barb last season.

Lightning POJ is the lowest effort spin2win build in the game and covers bounties, t16, and speed GRs pretty well; cold POJ is one of the two most satisfying push builds in the game IMO.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Lightning POJ is the lowest effort spin2win build in the game and covers bounties, t16, and speed GRs pretty well; cold POJ is one of the two most satisfying push builds in the game IMO.

Sold. Crafted some yellows, already level 64.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Made some yellow 70 items with my necro, gave them to a level 1 sorceress, set the difficulty to torment 2 (this was all it would let me do at level 1) and hit level 70 in under an hour.

Back to Necro gearing tonight, but it's pretty funny how trivial they made leveling alts with the remove level requirements altar thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I put a friends brand new seasonal char into a Scream key and he not only hit 70 instantly, but got like 60 paragon from it too lol

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You used to just pop a gem of ease into some beefy level 70 2-hander and get the same result.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

What is POJ? Filthy casual asking :)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Patterns of Justice PoJ Tempest Rush Monk Guide

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Patterns of Justice for Monk. Here's the cold guide, couldn't find a lightning one

https://maxroll.gg/d3/guides/patterns-of-justice-tempest-rush-monk-guide

e;fb

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The lightning setup is in the rifts/bounties section, to do speed GRs with it you can just swap the Boon of the Hoarder for Taeguk and the cubed Goldwrap for Mantle of Channeling.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Dameius posted:

You used to just pop a gem of ease into some beefy level 70 2-hander and get the same result.

Even with a 2-hander with a leveled Gem of Ease, a Leoric's Crown with a royal ruby in it, and a hellfire ring and amulet, you still have to run around hitting stuff or doing bounties for a bit. Doing it in 1 scream key is pretty funny

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

As of yesterday the highest DH GR was 147 with GoD strafe. With elusive ring and the bracers you get plenty tanky You have Shadow spam for invul as well. It’s definitely going to be able to clear 150 with enough paragon.

I was following the maxroll GoD build for a bit but then came across some guy on youtube using 2 piece guardian set and a RROG to speed run 120's....I went from kinda struggling with basic tier 75 gr(didnt take long but very squishy) to clearing an 83 in 2 mins or so with no troubles at all

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BoonyPC posted:

I was following the maxroll GoD build for a bit but then came across some guy on youtube using 2 piece guardian set and a RROG to speed run 120's....I went from kinda struggling with basic tier 75 gr(didnt take long but very squishy) to clearing an 83 in 2 mins or so with no troubles at all

Yeah there’s a breakpoint at a certain paragon where that really takes off. Need to craft some and try it myself, then start reforging everything and push.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Maxroll and icy veins are written by people who get thousands and thousands of paragons each season, so follow the guilds but bear that I'm mind.

Also I'm rolling through GR115s with my meteor wizard and don't even have the weapon yet. This season is great.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm not much of a poopsocker and have mostly just been playing with my gf this season, so sitting at about Paragon 130 with maybe 7 nodes unlocked; but I've already got 4 or 5 bits of the marauder set, 3 or 4 bits of Nats and a handful of other class greens, as well as solid leggo weapons for spike trap multishot and EE-based builds and 2 or 3 RoRGs. I've gotten as far as GR40 on the 6pce GoD Maxroll cookie cutter, but mostly farming bounties and doing altar stuff.

Feels like by the time you're wanting to push higher than GR70, you should have access to a couple of A-tier pushing builds at least. Given how customisable and flexible GoD HE is, you can probably smash together several solid hybrids with minimal thought and get something considerably less squishy.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

I’m really enjoying the LoD Waves of Light build as monk after trying cold POJ. You can speed clear most things faster than Cold POJ and deal better with some really annoying floors. The downside is having to level a LOD all the way but it’s a fantastic build otherwise.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Wave is absolutely a better solo xp build than POJ but also, effort. Getting an LOD to 99 isn't anywhere near an issue for me, but if I'm going to be playing something more effort-intensive than spin2win bullshit for XP it's going to be 4-player like rats.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

The key to pushing higher is to be much more selective about which maps/mob types you play. If I'm pushing I'll only stay in a GR if it starts on fields of misery, festering woods, battlefields of eternity, desert, shrouded moors, and mayyyyybe a very big silver spire, and I'll also walk out if it's not a very good mob type. You can be a little looser in mob type selection on fields/festering/battlefields than the others since they're usually very dense maps with lots of pylon spawns. GOD dh is going to want maps with open spaces with very dense mob sets like swarms, armored destroyers, lacuni phasebeasts, and zombie/grotesques since it's much more of an area damage/trash clearing build than an elite sniper.

Yeah I was just pushing a bit to test how much the altar buffs would make it easier. I was hoping not to have to fish until maybe the 130s. I think my build is a little too defensive right now anyway, which is fine, even though my sheet damage is like 6 million fully buffed.

In contrast, I have a decent Trags build on my Necro that's already comfortably cleared 125 on a first try. It definitely feels like fishing is more necessary to really keep it smooth going forward.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They should have put past Season Buffs into the Altar.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They should make double gobbos permanent.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I have to sacrifice a set helm to the altar now, do I just roll a new character and sacrifice a seasonal set helm that I don't care about or is there an easier way?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Just.. kill stuff until a set helm you don't want drops? It won't take long.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
If any other set item besides a helm drops, just convert it into a helm with the set converter recipe in the cube (note: does not apply to sets with wizard hat/spirit stone/voodoo mask, I believe).

Jows
May 8, 2002

And hang on to your other sets. You'll need them eventually

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Cool, thanks! I just started last night and I'm already paragon 9 so it feels cool to get that slow and boring part done quickly.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is there a better way to get like... veiled crystals, and especially reusable parts, other than just doing rifts?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Alternatively if you play with others on pc you can inform them you need a random set hat and ask if you could have whatever badly rolled set hat drops for them.

And yeah you can do this with randos. My overall experience with the d3 community has been pretty positive!

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Is there a better way to get like... veiled crystals, and especially reusable parts, other than just doing rifts?

Bounties are the most effective way to stack up crafting mats but are also a terrible waste of time for the amount of progress you'll make on a character by doing them. I'm assuming you have an excess of blue mats? The best way to fix that is using page 8 in the cube by buying rares or whites from vendors to convert them.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Think I made a mistake starting with wizard, can't say I'm enjoying the squishy gameplay. Might do a few grifts, get a few levels on the legacy of dreams gem, then use that with a load of crafted l70 legendaries to speed level a barb or crusader to use instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Wizards are ironically way tankier than Crusaders, so there is probably some critical missing piece that is causing you to die.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

I've only got 2 of the 3 haedrigs sets, so I imagine it'll be better once I get the third, but I don't think I'll be able to beat the keywardens on T4 to complete the chapter. Never payed Wiz before so not sure which way to go TBF.

I think I just like diving into a group of enemies and smashing them apart, I miss leapquake barb basically. Might go LoD leap barb, or mess around with a falling sword crusader. With it being so easy to level this season, I'll have plenty of time to experiment with both. Not fussed about leaderboards or anything, I just want a fun build for rippin' and tearin'

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Wizard seems to really need deflect rune, galvanizing ward and that one piece that gives double shield strength. Beyond that you want a big life pool to boost those shields and the one leg that makes storm armor give 80% dmg reduction. You can use blur too I guess.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I've only got 2 of the 3 haedrigs sets, so I imagine it'll be better once I get the third, but I don't think I'll be able to beat the keywardens on T4 to complete the chapter. Never payed Wiz before so not sure which way to go TBF.
The 6-piece set bonuses generally outclass the 2s and 4s by so much that you're basically playing a different game.

And I don't think the T4 wardens have to be done solo so don't be afraid to ask for help

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I think I just like diving into a group of enemies and smashing them apart, I miss leapquake barb basically. Might go LoD leap barb, or mess around with a falling sword crusader. With it being so easy to level this season, I'll have plenty of time to experiment with both. Not fussed about leaderboards or anything, I just want a fun build for rippin' and tearin'

Hydra Wiz can craft the Guardian's bracer and belt with their set. It gives a huge boost to damage and survivability and I believe is available right at level 70 now instead of having to be found. Finding a Serpent's Sparker early on is also a priority because it effectively doubles everything. Hydra doesn't really require any cooldown or resource management so you can stick a big life gem in your helm and gear for shields with Galvanizing Ward and Deflection as your magic weapon rune. Blizzard - Frozen Solid gives you a ton of crowd control and damage with the Winter Flurry interaction.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Bounties are the most effective way to stack up crafting mats but are also a terrible waste of time for the amount of progress you'll make on a character by doing them. I'm assuming you have an excess of blue mats? The best way to fix that is using page 8 in the cube by buying rares or whites from vendors to convert them.

Should also note that because white items break down into the highest quantity of salvage, they are the most efficient thing to buy if you need to use kanai’s cube to convert from one salvage to the other, because the cube always converts at 1:1. This makes them more valuable drops than rares eventually, which always tickles me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FFT posted:

The 6-piece set bonuses generally outclass the 2s and 4s by so much that you're basically playing a different game.

And I don't think the T4 wardens have to be done solo so don't be afraid to ask for help

Everything on the season journey can be done with a group, including the set dungeons, except for the solo grifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I don’t know if I’m just doing something wrong, but Nat’s feels awful to play. I’m guessing it’s better on PC, but on console you drop your traps at your feet. So you either need to drop them and then lure things into them, or you need to go stand on top of things and drop traps while they hit you.

It feels very unfun to me, and the power doesn’t seem high enough for me to understand why it’s top tier this season.