Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Someone in that thread has some very sage advice for dog lady

quote:

I think you're being on the defensive right now, trying to defend your decision to not get rid of your amazingly, protective dog. Stop that. Instead, go in for the attack. Get legal advice first. Then based on your lawyer's advice, tell your family firmly, that your SIL had zero authority to invite her brother to your home let alone give him the key TO YOUR HOME. As he was breaking and entering to your home, you're considering pressing charges against him. And any further harassment will be recorded, and passed to your lawyer, and added to the file of accusations when/if you press charges. And your SIL or her family is never welcome to set foot on your property, ever again.

Go nuclear, don't be defensive. You were the wronged party here, not your SIL's criminal brother.
OP takes it to heart

OP posted:

Thank you. I honestly needed to hear that - it’s not in my personality at all to be like that and this whole ordeal has been really upsetting to me. But I don’t want anything to happen to my dog so I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to make sure I’m doing everything I can to protect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FMguru posted:

OP takes it to heart

Hell yeah!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Midnight Voyager posted:

People get batshit insane over house inheritances, land inheritances, and land borders.

And for some reason especially tends to be in-laws who push to do increasingly heinous poo poo to try and get a hold of them.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

FMguru posted:

OP takes it to heart

Technically not 'breaking and entering' if he had a key mind. That's the breaking bit.

Edit: yeah OK missed that. All The Crimes

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 1, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

feedmegin posted:

Technically not 'breaking and entering' if he had a key mind. That's the breaking bit.

He didn't have a key for the deadbolt so he broke the window to get at it.

Which was when the dog got him.

Good dog. Very good dog.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The OP deleted her post, but answered a bunch of questions in the thread. Apparently SIL and her brother both feel that she shouldn't have inherited her house and it should have been theirs instead. OP also has her niece as the sole beneficiary of her will. The implications of both make this a lot darker.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DoubleNegative posted:

The OP deleted her post, but answered a bunch of questions in the thread. Apparently SIL and her brother both feel that she shouldn't have inherited her house and it should have been theirs instead. OP also has her niece as the sole beneficiary of her will. The implications of both make this a lot darker.

She should get another dog. Maybe a Malinois

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Some things you can never un-hear and "your pussy kinda stinks but it's cool lol" from your husband is one of those things. I think we've all blurted out things we shouldn't have before but drat.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA For telling my daughter her tattoo ideas aren't very good and to pick better memories?

quote:

My daughter has recently decided to get some tattoos to symbolise moments/memories in her life that she shared with her siblings and just things that are significant to her. I'm all for the idea, I think it's brilliant, she intends to get them on her lower legs for 'The people who stayed with her every step of the way', I think it's beautiful gesture. However, while I'm usually for her body her choice, I worry she's going to regret the tattoos she has chosen.

She has 5 siblings and her choices are as follows
A container of fish food
Halo energy sword
Duckling with a knife
Purple mouthwash
and a bomb with kitten ears on it

These ideas just seem like they could be easily regrettable and...honestly kind of stupid. She's got a couple of tattoos already but none are outrageous or tacky. I brought up my concerns to her and she explained the memory behind each of them but it still doesn't sit well with me. I told her she could at least pick better memories and those particular tattoos aren't going to suit or look very good.

My wife says I'm a complete AH at this point and if the memories are significant to her then that's what she should get but that my daughter is now second guessing herself. I just don't want her to regret something that will be on her for life.

AITA?

i got a tattoo of j jonah jameson asking for pictures of spider-man and the tattoo artist did a poo poo job and i have no regrets

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Duckling with a knife is great.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Human Tornada posted:

Some things you can never un-hear and "your pussy kinda stinks but it's cool lol" from your husband is one of those things. I think we've all blurted out things we shouldn't have before but drat.

Literally seen a divorce precipitated like this. Well the dude said her pussy stinks and insisted he get 24/7 no denial anal rights, which coupled with his body dysmorphia (huge body builder who always said he was ‘too small’) and insistence that I was an ‘alpha male’ and he was ‘such a beta’ always made me wonder

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

DoubleNegative posted:

Good, sounds like she talked to that lawyer

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Stay safe dog lady. I'd be legitimately watching property boundaries for sudden appearances of "treats."

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
In this corner, 120 pounds of brute force, an animal. Alert, focused, and in his prime, he has bite force like an alligator!It's "the wood chipper"!!!

And in this corner with unknown height, unknown weight: a drunk, tired idiot!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I think I have more ridiculous tattoos than not. I have some that I have straight forgotten about.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

some goons apparently disagree, loudly and weirdly

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

r/relationships: 24/7 no denial anal rights

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

The OP deleted her post
AITA mods removed the post. Apparently it's rule that a post can't even mention violence.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the bomb with kitten ears is p good, too

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Raygereio posted:

AITA mods removed the post. Apparently it's rule that a post can't even mention violence.

Everything is against the rules, and there's no way of knowing what will set the mods off. It's one of the great mysteries of our time.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Good Boy's Owner posted:

It’s honestly crazy, I mean she’s older than me but she talks about inheriting my things like she’s my child sometimes. Like she’ll talk about the way she’d renovate parts of my house “once Riley inherits it”. I always thought it was just that she was off but now I wonder if it’s something more nefarious.

I'm worried about this OP

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

erosion posted:

Everything is against the rules, and there's no way of knowing what will set the mods off. It's one of the great mysteries of our time.

It's a government make-work project codenamed Neckbeard. I know it seems pointless, but you do not want to know what those Reddit mods get up to when they have too much time on their hands.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

r/relationships: 24/7 no denial anal rights

This is a phrase that will be living in my head for a while

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for wearing a wedding dress at a wedding?

quote:

So my friend 20f and I 19m have been friends for a few years and she recently got engaged.

A week ago I got a dm from her for a small costume party she was hosting as a celebration for her getting engaged. I asked if there was a theme and she said there wasn’t. I’m a cosplayer so I had a lot of choices.

I didn’t want to rock up in an anime cosplay, so I thought it would be funny to go to an engagement party as the Corpse Bride. I arrived at her house yesterday and everything seemed normal. A few people complemented my costume and I was having a lot of fun.

After ten minutes my friend’s fiancé walked out in a black tuxedo and announced this was actually their wedding. Apparently my friend saw a video of someone doing this and wanted to do the same.

He asked us all to go to the back yard for the ceremony to begin. I went straight to him. I asked him if I should quickly go home and change my outfit and that I would get back before it started. He told me it was fine since I didn’t know this was the wedding.

I trusted him and followed everyone outside. They got married and everything seemed good. The reception was just in their house again so everyone just walked back inside and picked up where they left off. I tried talking to my friend and celebrating with her but she kept making excuses to not talk to me.

I assumed it was just because she was tried from the big day and wanted some alone time. I didn’t bother her after that and the party soon ended.

I got home and half an hour passed when my phone started getting notifications. I checked and it was my friend texting me. She was cussing me out and telling me how I ruined her wedding. I was really confused and asked what I did.

That only made her more angry. She told me it was basic knowledge not to wear a wedding dress to a wedding. I reminded her I had no idea it was a wedding and that I asked her now husband if I should change and he said it was fine.

She didn’t respond, but I got a text from her husband. He asked why I would tell her he said it was fine. I told him he said it was fine. Then he said how I should have changed anyways and it’s my fault that the two are now fighting over this.

I’ve tried texting her that I wad sorry and if I had known I wouldn’t have done it. I woke up today and saw her and her husband have blocked me on everything.

So, AITA for not changing out of the wedding dress when I found out it was actually a wedding?

Edit: I am a guy. I cosplayed the bride from corpse bride and had blue paint all over me

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
part of being that age is learning how many of your friends are loving idiots

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for choosing a trip over babysitting my niece?

quote:

I (27F) have been planning a long trip abroad for some time now. I worked remote so it's easy to pick up and go and this is my first time doing it. I was laid off recently but since I have a lot of money saved and the trip has already been paid for, I've decided to go for a sabbatical. For months, I have had to convince my parents, grandparents, and siblings that I am going to safe places, that I have enough money, and that they don't need to worry. I finally had them in a good spot. I leave in about 2 weeks.

Recently though, things have changed. I normally end up taking care of my niece (2F) for my sister (32F) at least once a week. My sister goes to work 3 days a week and works 2 days from home, and her husband (39M) works from home but has to stay near his computer at all times since he works in customer service. On the weekends, they enjoy going out to things like hockey games, dinner, etc. I normally take care of my niece during those times. It tends to work out because they will go out on Sunday so I will have my Friday and Saturday nights.

But with this trip, of course, I will not be able to babysit. My sister was joking about this one day and recently my parents have been asking a lot about my trip and what about my niece. I was confused and asked them to elaborate. Apparently, 2 years old is an important time in a child's life and they said that she wouldn't remember me when I got home. They want me to shorten my (non-refundable) trip and come home earlier so I don't miss out on any milestones.

I told them that I couldn't and that was final. Now they have been amping up the guilt. They have also gotten my grandparents involved. The only support I have is my brother (30M) who also never sees my niece except for special occasions.

They are also bringing up my recent layoff and my financial state. I don't want to brag but for a 27-year-old, I have a high enough savings account that I could live for a year and never work (I've been laid off a lot so savings was a priority). I could still travel and do everything I want. I have no loans, no current apartment now, and have all the big things paid for.

But despite my knowing I am fine, they are starting to scare me and guilt trip me into staying. Tonight it all blew over, my sister called me an a-hole in front of my family since I won't be able to babysit. What is she supposed to do on the weekends?

I yelled at her and told her to "finally, hire a babysitter." My parents are on her side and told me that "you should help out more." I yelled at all of them that it was not my responsibility to parent the child. They could live for a few weeks without their free babysitter. I then left. My brother texted me later that they are still angry and disagreed with my choice to continue my trip.

AITA for choosing my trip over my niece?

you can't go running about having trips and vacations when you have a child to raise, OP. it's time to grow up and be a responsible adult

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sounds like the grandparents should step up and do all that free of charge babysitting.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In addition to free babysitting, it's also a subconscious need to punish a woman that still hasn't had a child by the age of twenty-five and is instead doing literally anything else but taking care of one.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for wearing a wedding dress at a wedding?

Yeah we WERE rational. Now we're newlyweds.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
How dare you tell her that I was okay with it, now she's mad at both of us.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Some of the worst things about people pleasers is that they'll say yes to anything just to avoid saying no with absolutely no concept of that making the consequences their fault. Though sometimes they're just idiots.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Crossdress Corpsebride is a great costume idea too IDC

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

i am a moron posted:

Literally seen a divorce precipitated like this. Well the dude said her pussy stinks and insisted he get 24/7 no denial anal rights, which coupled with his body dysmorphia (huge body builder who always said he was ‘too small’) and insistence that I was an ‘alpha male’ and he was ‘such a beta’ always made me wonder

He says her pussy stinks and the solution to that is her butt?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

SpaceViking posted:

Maybe it *really* stinks

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ReelBigLizard posted:

Crossdress Corpsebride is a great costume idea too IDC

It's a hell of a username.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for refusing to share my family's cookbook with my half sister?

quote:

My mom's grandma started a cookbook before she had kids, my grandma inherited it off her when grandma started having kids and then my mom got it before she had me. My mom gave it to me when she was sick (I was 7 at the time) and died soon after. She told me to be careful with it and that it was special to our family. A couple of years after she died I learned my dad had cheated on her with his wife and that my half sister was the product of the affair and born before my parents divorce was finalized. I was too young to realize when it was all going on. After learning this I had a hard time being around my dad. I remember my mom being sad and it made sense why. I also learned that he had told my mom in a really cruel way. How I found out is I eavesdropped on a fight between dad and my uncle and aunt (my mom's siblings) and heard it all, including how much my dad hated how "boring" my mom was. I remained distant from him, his wife and my half siblings ever since (I have two more half sisters and a half brother).

My dad decided to tell the oldest of my half siblings about the cookbook. He mentioned how much I valued it and all kinds of stuff. She wanted to share it with me, to cook from it, and to get to write in it like I will some day. She pestered me about it and every time I told her no. Then her parents would tell her more about it. In the end she was upset and sobbing over being told no. I had told her it was something special from my mom's side and I wanted to keep it private until I have children. That wasn't good enough because she insisted we're family and she's my sister.

My dad and his wife were angry with me. My dad's parents also told me I should have shared it with her and that I'm being cruel to her when my mom isn't alive to care if the child born from the affair gets part of the book or not, but she could be closer to me because I share it with her. I don't really care about my dad or his wife's opinion. I have no respect for them. They're pieces of poo poo in my eyes. But my grandparents and I always got along okay enough.

AITA?

odds that OP is going to come home one day and find that her priceless heirloom has been irreparably "shared": 100%

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
AITA for deleting my boyfriend’s assignment?

quote:

I F(23) work in a small company consisting of 60-70 people. On Friday they told us that the CEO will be distributing education courses to a few employees who he thinks are assets to the company. Basically, if they think you’re an asset, they pay for you to do courses so you can advance in the company. The email suggested that interested employees send HR a pitch on why they should be chosen.

Well, I created my pitch and was selected along with 3 other people to join a business dinner with the CEO, my supervisor and HR to speak with them in person. I was super excited and told my boyfriend (26) about it. He was really happy for me. I explained that it was a dinner and spent 3 days preparing for it like if it was an interview.

The dinner was in a restaurant owned by someone close to the CEO. I get there 30 minutes early (at my supervisor’s insistence) and only the CEO and my supervisor is at the table. I sit down and after chatting for a few, my supervisor excuses herself to the washroom.

The waitress comes up to take our orders. I look up and realize it’s my boyfriend’s friend, Aria (25). She gives me the side eye and asks what we’re having. The CEO says that we’re expecting a few people and asks if she can come back in a few minutes. She smiled and walked away.

After about 5 minutes minutes, my supervisor comes back and we continue the conversation.

About 15 minutes after I get a call from my boyfriend. I see the call but I didn’t answer because the CEO was speaking and I didn’t want to cut him off to answer a call. I planned to just send my boyfriend a text after.

Then I heard “so this is what we’re doing?” I turn around and my boyfriend is there with the waitress friend. I’m too stunned to speak. He starts yelling at me for having an “intimate” dinner with the boss and accused me IN FRONT OF EVERYONE of “sleeping around” for a “higher position” while his friend is just smiling.

I didn’t know what to do so I started crying. At this point the other employees who were chosen arrives and the manager came out and told us we are making a scene. She then asked me to leave. I tried to explain but everyone agreed. The CEO thanked me for coming but said he doesn’t think I’ll be a good fit for the positions they want to fill in the future.

I just ran out of the restaurant and went home. I didn’t answer messages or calls. But I sat there crying and went to delete my pitch when I saw it. My boyfriend is in Law school and I saw an assignment I helped him with. It took us a few weeks to complete with our schedules and I knew it’s due this week so I just deleted it and sent him a recording of it being deleted from recycle bin.

That assignment is worth a lot of his grade so he flipped out on me and said I’m a huge AH for jeopardizing his education over a mistake he made.

Now I had some time to think about it and I don’t know if I acted wrongly. This all happened yesterday and his assignment is due on Thursday.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Human Tornada posted:

Talking to the love of my life who I chose to marry:

https://i.imgur.com/IEX9Ret.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SpaceViking posted:

Girls don't poop, OP

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

ibntumart posted:

AITA for deleting my boyfriend’s assignment?

These seem like really fantastic people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

Darker? Did you think he was going to kill her or something?