Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Selachian posted:

I've also seen people equate Nyla with Nia Jax. Apparently all big brown women look the same.

I once accidentally typed "Nia Jax" instead of "Nyla Rose" in a post encouraging people to vote for her in one of the Champions of the Month polls that Jerusalem does, when Nyla's reign as AEW Women's Champion came to an end and didn't notice until after the poll had ended. I hope you're not counting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Nothing funnier than obsessed WWE stans railing against "the IWC"

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/NotDrDeath/status/1629972657444716544

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The famously less taxing style of WWE and its billion house shows a year

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

The famously less taxing style of WWE and its billion house shows a year

But it would boost his international profile. Finally these hicks over in Japan would take notice of the uh... multiple-time, multiple-promotion champion, who's main evented the Tokyo Dome multiple times.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Excited for up and coming indie kid Kenny Omega to finally get recognised outside of Winnipeg.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

an incredibly normal response to that
I JUST loving WISH THE WRESTLERS I DON’T LIKE WOULD GET INJURED MORE

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Should he make a pauper's share of merch royalties while working the endless house show circuit, boost his international profile as 'The Janitor' Kennard Beta, and probably have blend-together matches because he'd be forced to cut 8mins for a Weekend At Uncle Howdy's vignette?

Who's to say?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Coolness Averted posted:

an incredibly normal response to that
I JUST loving WISH THE WRESTLERS I DON’T LIKE WOULD GET INJURED MORE

I saw drake wuertz this weekend and immediately wished for anvils.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Another one that doesn't watch wrestling at all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wrestling needs another production person to inflict their own sexual desires into the viewing public

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dude, you're not supposed to post stuff from the AEW thread, this is really uncoo --

/adjusts glasses

Oh, I see.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/statguygreg/status/1630051862593302528?s=46&t=xoIvHSG0sOIelbTGaU2EVA

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I hope Omega goes to WWE and maybe he can make a run at Rookie of the Year in 2024.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The famously less taxing WWE style of doing like 8 house shows a week every week until you're literally too hurt to work

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Shawn Michaels was good at 3 things:
Pantomiming fellatio
Superkicks
Selling like a cartoon character.

Bucks and Kenny have already mastered 2.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

What the gently caress are these people even talking about

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kenny Omega gonna learn how to roofie women like a true Rocker.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The Taxman posted:

What the gently caress are these people even talking about

Well you see, every wrestler that isn't from WWE does nothing but 900 flips and superkicks and only knows how to wrestle bingo halls so they MUST go through the world renowned WWE Performance Center so they can learn how to REALLY wrestle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny will finally learn how to Work The Leg.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHedley/status/1630031177150083073

Do we tell Josh the title's fake?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the fact of the matter is, that guy has watched too many hhh promos in his lifetime

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Honestly, it's kind of adorable that it's still real to him

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

the fun thing is that he's also wrong.

The Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship in All Japan Pro Wrestling is a unification of the PWF World Heavyweight Championship, the NWA United National Championship and the NWA International Heavyweight Championship, inheriting lineage from all of them. The NWA International Heavyweight Championship is the belt that Lou Thesz was awarded in 1957 and Rikidōzan beat him for in 1958, subsequently won by Giant Baba after Rikidōzan's death. There is a direct lineage from this to Baba vacating the belt when he left to form All Japan to Bobo Brazil winning it to Kintaro Ohki taking it to the United States to Dory Funk Jr bringing it to All Japan to its unification into the Triple Crown when Jumbo Tsuruta beat Stan Hansen all the way to Yuji Nagata winning, and it's a history with a longer lineage than the WWE title.

Now, you could claim that the WWE title inherits the lineage of the WCW title, but despite what WWE and WCW will tell you, the WCW title's lineage only goes back to 1991.

Plus, the whole thing's fake.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finally after 4 years in AEW Kenny can learn where the hardcam is

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Clearly AEW is a gateway drug for Vanilla Midgets. Give them a taste of that sweet American market and they can’t help but sign in the WWE

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
On Asuka being pushed and getting a Wrestlemania match against Bianca, quite a take from some fans online:

quote:

I don't need everyone to be the second coming of Ric Flair, but could you imagine being in any other form of televised entertainment for years on end and simply not learning the primary language of the audience? Jesus Christ, John Cena learned Chinese. This chick seriously can't be bothered to learn even enough English to not sound like it's her first day in the country? Embarrassing.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

On Asuka being pushed and getting a Wrestlemania match against Bianca, quite a take from some fans online:

I'd say that I'm pretty sure that if these people were to watch Japanese or any non-English speaking wrestling they would be the sort of people who would complain that it wasn't in English or at a sensible time for them. However, I then realise that most of these people either don't watch anything other than WWE or are part of the Russo or Cornette tribes.

It's also an incredibly dumb take since things like Takeshita saying "I said KISS MY rear end!" to MJF got him big cheers and his in-ring stuff has gotten him over more than any big long promo would, and Asuka's general charisma is ridiculous so she could be silent and still get over.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think it’s kind of a bummer that wwe will hire a japanese woman from japan and not like pay for her to have an english tutor

But then again i also think the wwe should have their wrestlers working with acting coaches, clown college slapstick instructors, speech coaches, and better doctors and physiotherapists than whoever is turning knee joints to dust at the performance center

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I think it’s kind of a bummer that wwe will hire a japanese woman from japan and not like pay for her to have an english tutor

But then again i also think the wwe should have their wrestlers working with acting coaches, clown college slapstick instructors, speech coaches, and better doctors and physiotherapists than whoever is turning knee joints to dust at the performance center

It's just weird even from a business perspective. You would think if you're spending millions on these people you would spend the smaller amount of money to support them and maximize what you get from your human resources yet here we are.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DarkstarIV posted:

I haven't watched WWE in years, but Asuka was generally among the most charismatic people on the roster when I watched. And from recent clips I've seen, that hasn't changed.

Not every wrestler needs to be cutting promos to get over, sometimes you've got enough personality that comes across in the ring and in your physical actions. And Asuka yelling at someone in Japanese? Guess what - it's cool as hell and people will cheer for that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's just weird even from a business perspective. You would think if you're spending millions on these people you would spend the smaller amount of money to support them and maximize what you get from your human resources yet here we are.

Totally. I recognize that getting promo classes from shawn michaels and such is probably helping some of the talent, but imagine how good things could be if the roster got regular time with speech coaches to not sound so wooden with some of the poo poo that the writing team gives them

The carny mindset that wwe has is so bizarre, it would be cool to see them embrace the modern day possibilities.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Why should she have to learn English, it’s not gonna make a huge difference when she gets fed to Becky or Charlotte

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why should she have to learn English, it’s not gonna make a huge difference when she gets fed to Becky or Charlotte

Because maybe more money could be made off of all three of them if some effort was properly invested in giving all three of them more skills to draw upon :negative:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

DarkstarIV posted:

if it wasn't already obvious from the subject matter the usage of "televised entertainment" gives them away as a cornette listener

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

rotinaj posted:

This was something Dusty did... for about a month until higher-ups figured out how much they were spending on acting coaches.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Because maybe more money could be made off of all three of them if some effort was properly invested in giving all three of them more skills to draw upon :negative:

Mr. McClure, I have a CRAZY friend who thinks the fans should decide who's pushed based on how much they like them and not the whims of Creative! Is he CRAZY?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

This was something Dusty did... for about a month until higher-ups figured out how much they were spending on acting coaches.

This is like when i first heard the story of stephanie and creative laughing at chris kreski for trying to lay out storylines visually and with long term consequences

loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

rotinaj posted:

This is like when i first heard the story of stephanie and creative laughing at chris kreski for trying to lay out storylines visually and with long term consequences

loving christ

Look at this mark thinking wrestlers and their on screen relationships and histories makes for better storylines. All you need to know is if they're currently faces or heels.

Seriously though, it is incredibly lazy when two people who were mortal enemies for years suddenly become friends regardless of what horrible things they may have inflicted on each other in the past solely because they're both the same alignment now.