Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just watching random old stuff since Tony Kahn got me to sign up, I'll never not laugh at Low Ki doing his deep warrior voice cutting promos in front of a High School gym's trophy display case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Tato posted:

Just watching random old stuff since Tony Kahn got me to sign up, I'll never not laugh at Low Ki doing his deep warrior voice cutting promos in front of a High School gym's trophy display case

"GENTLEMEN! I am here to FIGHT!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

low ki played mortal kombat in an arcade when he was too young and it changed the course of his life forever

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Tato posted:

Events->2002->Round Robin Challenge. Low Ki vs American Dragon (1:28:00)

Just watch it. ( The two Christopher Daniels matches are pretty good too)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Please watch Briscoes vs Murder City Machine Guns from Good Times, Great memories 2007

Thank you

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Low Ki was a really great wrestler, loved his matches

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

of course he was, he was The World Warrior

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

I thought he was still wrestling in the 2 or 3 dumpster tier indies who will actually still book him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I thought he was still wrestling in the 2 or 3 dumpster tier indies who will actually still book him

He wrestles in HoG which is no worse than most of whatever the top tier indies now supposedly are.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I saw him team with Santana and Ortiz against Penta, Tajiri, and Muta at the 2019 WM weekend HOG show, perfectly fine match. Great show overall.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

that image of low ki being carried away by security like a toddler throwing a tantrum has brought me more entertainment than most wrestlers' entire careers. one of the absolute funniest people to ever exist in pro wrestling

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

What happened to Low Ki? Wrestler brain?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine Low Ki was always a bit of an rear end, maybe some little man syndrome, probably a lot of resentment about never really making it the way the other elite peers of his generation did and the problems he had in big companies, and a bunch of blows to the head and chronic pain.

Like if I was in pain all the time and maybe had some career disappointments I'd probably be a cranky bitch too when the only thing anyone ever talked about me was a meme about me being carried around like a toddler.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 28, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

low ki was just driven insane by the fact that every time he signed with a company they made him change his name to something like Kwik Kick, Senshi or Kaval

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He always was an overly stiff rear end in a top hat to whom it was still real, dammit. Case in point from BOLA 2008:
https://twitter.com/cozysuperkick/status/954811163052670976

Then there's this from his Evolve debut where he knocks his opponent out cold and then has to get his poo poo in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xoN6Kx1VI&t=161s

And there's probably dozens of other stories like that out there. I'm fairly certain that back in the days of early ROH he regularly stiffed the gently caress out of the Special K guys. (Quick ROH trivia on that: Guess the Special K members that are actually signed with AEW these days)

On the lighter side of things, there was also the time he wanted to dress as Agent 47 for Wrestle Kingdom, New Japan told him no, he still did, and they fired him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Low ki rules

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ki was always a self serious stiff dude but like people are kind of go back and forth about when being stiff is a good or bad thing and obviously it didn't help Low Ki that he was this small dude with a sour puss.

But also I mean, yeah. Ki was always a bit of an rear end as I said and obviously on more than one occasion his stiffness crossed over to recklessness towards his opponent's safety.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My favorite Low Ki moment was when he and Gran Akuma had a kicking contest in a Ted Petty Invitational match.
I miss Gran Akuma.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jonny Nox posted:

What happened to Low Ki? Wrestler brain?

He has always been Low Ki. It's just what makes him, him. Like on a 2003 ROH show where he refused to do a job for Homicide, the guy who trained him.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

Low ki rules

I’ve noticed.

But yeah, I probably wouldn’t want him in the same company as me either.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoZL73ea-IU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Low Ki both Rules and sucks, the dichotomy of Kaval.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gonzo McFee posted:

Low Ki both Rules and sucks, the dichotomy of Kaval.

Inside of all of us there are two Low Kis? Lows Ki?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

low kii

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
back half of today's Dark has a bunch of matches from the ROH tapings. hot crowd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

He has always been Low Ki. It's just what makes him, him. Like on a 2003 ROH show where he refused to do a job for Homicide, the guy who trained him.

That was amazing. Low Ki is a very special wrestler and I for one am both glad he exists and glad that I will never ever have to spend time around him because he sounds insufferable

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

low ki was just driven insane by the fact that every time he signed with a company they made him change his name to something like Kwik Kick, Senshi or Kaval

IIRC he chose Senshi so he could keep Low Ki

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

back half of today's Dark has a bunch of matches from the ROH tapings. hot crowd.

much better atmosphere and feel than the old Universal Darks

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

much better atmosphere and feel than the old Universal Darks

Looked like there’s more seating too, crowd looked a bit bigger

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just wanna be a barricade slappa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat how long are these eps gonna be? They’ve announced like a million matches

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna time my barricade slaps to the beat of homicide's entrance music beanie sigel's the truth

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

i want to slap the barricades and the porpoise

Yesterday was the 14th anniversary of the day the first HDNet tapings were held.

RIP Hogewood

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Have they said how long the weekly ROH show is going to be?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Judging by the announced card, 16 hours

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

There is no set time according to Ian. From his post I'd guess they will be between 45-90 minutes depending on the week.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they keep announcing more, so far we've got:

Claudio vs AR Fox
Mark Briscoe vs Slim J
Takeshita vs Josh Woods
ZSJ vs Blake Christian
Lady Frost vs Willow
Rohit Raju vs CD
The Infantry vs The Kingdom
Metalik vs Ari Daivari
The Embassy vs jobbers
Samoa Joe, Athena, and Eddie Kingston also announced to be in action

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

i'm going in with the assumption it will be like dark and each ep will just be as long as it needs to be. not like its on tv

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is no better tribute to early ROH than a card with way too many matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m so hyped!