Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Crackerjack posted:

Chunni and The 'Bo, Amateur Detectives: On the Case!

This week's story: "The mystery of someone else's name on the placard of that one housing plot I bid on" or, "The 'Bo delivers a beatdown!"

An aside, getting that multi-million gil deposit back from a failed housing bid softens the disappointment a good deal. Fingers crossed for next time.

I'm rooting for you guys Chunni and the 'Bo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Remove Secure.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think on Secure the timing on mid is based on when the last drone is destroyed, so it slightly varies from game to game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I think on Secure the timing on mid is based on when the last drone is destroyed, so it slightly varies from game to game.

I'm pretty sure it's hard linked to specific times. But also, I've intentionally avoided secure for over a year now. Boycott secure!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

dyslexicfaser posted:

I REALLY need a macro that tells me (and other folks) when mid pops open.

In a game a couple nights ago I asked in /a, and people couldn't tell me.

it happens 4 minutes after the previous mid objective died

also the big boi always spawns at 10:00 regardless of the other drones

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

frontlines did become a lot better for me when I approached it as a way to earn crystal trophies and wolf marks. the wins just come naturally after that because i'm a Gamer 😎

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Detheros posted:

Remove Secure.
Even as someone that has been chasing the 5000 kills achievement, I skip Borderland Ruins days because it sucks so bad

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

kill secure and bring back slaughter

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

reversefungi posted:

Are there folks playing in NA outside of Excalibur? Got the MMO itch recently and bought the game, but it looks like Excalibur is congested and that can last for ... :iiam:? Otherwise figure I'll buy a server transfer down the line if I stick with the game, but would be nice if there were other options.

I play on Jenova but a lot of the NA DC are congested status so it's just now Dynamis or nothing atm.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My Frontline record is about 31/31/37. I think my lowest win-rate map is the one with the ice crystals. I hate Borderland Ruins, though. It's the "fair" map in that the spawns don't favor one team, but that makes it take too long while DRKs and MNKs suck (or push) all the fun out of it.

Seal Rock and Onsal turn into absolute bloodbaths but that means you've got a chance to get a really good team that obliterates the other two

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

a salute to the brave souls in shatter and secure who dive behind enemy lines to back cap their base

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
in my experience they never do it to the winning team though

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's because its a winning team maneuver 😎

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Alder posted:

I play on Jenova but a lot of the NA DC are congested status so it's just now Dynamis or nothing atm.

my small fc with like all but two inactive members play on Mateus, but we’re heavily considering switching to Dynamis because of the EXP boost, Gil, and the chance to get a medium or even large house. waiting on the other fc members to give their opinions before we do. plus, switching off of an Congested world is free. lots of incentive.

e: meant to reply to the person my quote was quoting.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Does capping points really help? Due to the spawning invincibility buffs 99% of the time pushing onto the enemy point just loses you 5 points for everybody who doesn't run fast enough and you gain what, +2 per 10 seconds you held it? Add in the potential for BH losses and the margin for a true gain is razor thin. At least if you have a back cap team like when the drones spawn in the center you can grab points and gain a benefit + deny passive enemy point gain for the time they're swapped.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

back caps sow discord in the target team as dudes yell their heads off in chat going "ONLY SEND A FEW PEOPLE" as like half their team mobs onto a point where there's either one tank or nobody. if you time it right you can draw teams away from the mid points in secure, or reduce their numbers right before a big crystal in shatter.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ah true. Nothing like inflicting upon the enemy the things that give me headaches.

Some wanna-be shotcaller mashing his <se-6> macro while screaming BASE BASE BASE oh noooo our passive +20 points in a minute

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah the point of a back cap is for one pld or drk to get 5-10 opponents to stop doing possibly useful things and instead attempt to kill one guy far away from the actual fight. And the pld/drk gets away without even dying a lot of the time because tanks are fuckin hard to kill in pvp.

Meanwhile the rest of their team capitalized on the numerical advantage to turn a slugfest into a rout.

Bases do matter in Secure, but you can leave respawners with invuln to fix your home base most of the time. And if you get a genuine murderball rolling, you can more or less ignore the bases and win handily without them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm freeeee

Goddamn this took longer than I expected. My very first ult!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

barclayed posted:

my small fc with like all but two inactive members play on Mateus, but we’re heavily considering switching to Dynamis because of the EXP boost, Gil, and the chance to get a medium or even large house. waiting on the other fc members to give their opinions before we do. plus, switching off of an Congested world is free. lots of incentive.

e: meant to reply to the person my quote was quoting.

Yeah, I would consider it worthy since there's a LOT of open housing in the new DC. The downside is the slower queue times and emptier areas. I thought about moving but then the extra wards opened and I won a Small house in the Empy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

That said the solution to slower queues and emptier areas is for more people to put their mains on there.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Tekopo posted:

I'm freeeee

Goddamn this took longer than I expected. My very first ult!

Grats gamer, good choice of first weapon

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Someone made a house viewer on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/11f95tc/ive_reviewed_categorized_and_made_pictures_of_all/

It has many additional photos and some reviews on each plot. Now I'm looking forward to the 117+ participants for the sole empty Medium in Empy next week.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Yo, check out this cool-rear end fan I got! Did you all get one too?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

parasyte posted:

it happens 4 minutes after the previous mid objective died

also the big boi always spawns at 10:00 regardless of the other drones
this, except the big boi also doesn't count for the timing of the next set. this is maybe the only part of secure timing that actually helps much to know; basically let's say small nodes spawn at 10:30, die at 10:18, then the big node spawns at 10:00 and dies at 9:45, the next set of nodes will spawn at 6:18. So this spawn tends to catch teams off guard since it feels like it happens faster than the other ones, since they were hanging around for the big node longer

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

reversefungi posted:

Are there folks playing in NA outside of Excalibur? Got the MMO itch recently and bought the game, but it looks like Excalibur is congested and that can last for ... :iiam:? Otherwise figure I'll buy a server transfer down the line if I stick with the game, but would be nice if there were other options.

I'm playing on Famfrit.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I play on Marilith and Famfrit but I’m in private FCs in both. Willing to party up with a goon though.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Also on Famfrit in a non-goon FC but would be down for partying up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Crackerjack posted:

Yo, check out this cool-rear end fan I got! Did you all get one too?

It's a good dance. /ladance for the shortcut.

Edit: Talk to the hand, no pictures please.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 2, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1631146517795840007?s=20

video game........ good?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol, they only now added the orchestrion roll for this event to the game?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was years before they added Papaya to the orchestrion too, I'm assuming that whoever makes those was just too busy.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone remember the name of the Dalamud plugin that added a kinda search bar you could bring up with ctrl + f? I remember using it to teleport around, use food items, switch jobs, stuff like that

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Robo Reagan posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the Dalamud plugin that added a kinda search bar you could bring up with ctrl + f? I remember using it to teleport around, use food items, switch jobs, stuff like that

I think you're thinking of Wotsit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Very good emote :five:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1631293321640386563

Patch 6.35 next Tuesday.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does this mean I have until then to get the Allaganmelon mount or am I good until 6.4?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

PvP Series (the battle pass rewards) lasts until 6.4, PvP Season (the crystal rankings) might reset next week

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

PvP Series (the battle pass rewards) lasts until 6.4, PvP Season (the crystal rankings) might reset next week

Thank you! Been wanting that mount, but hit a slump with PVP so glad to know I still got time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah just doing a Frontline every day I've made it to the mount but it feels like really slow going after 10 and I'm not sure I'll get to the glam coffer.