Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

bipartisan bill marketed as consumer debt relief that allows you to lower your monthly payments and extend your auto loan over several decades

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I'm gonna smash this car

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hate cars: dealer markup: $30,000.00

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
not that the buyers can't afford it, but luxo cars are starting to do this

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

That's the future of consumerism in America, artificial scarcity and associated mark-ups.

Nvidia is still releasing their video cards in limited quantity at huge mark ups because why the gently caress wouldn't they if the consumer is going to fight over them like hogs over slop.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I'm gonna smash this car

yorue not going to do poo poo bitch

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yorue not going to do poo poo bitch

i already smashed it actually

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i printed it out and crumpled up the picture and then ate it

Apr 7, 2003

Another day, another discussion in local social media about road construction zones and how bad sitting in traffic is and how everyone should just be able to drive 80mph everywhere all the time.

Suggesting that they try to drive less will get you shouted down lol

Apr 7, 2003

"Can anyone tell me a secret route that'll get me out of downtown, through the Squirrel Hill tunnels, and into the eastern suburbs quickly?" There isn't one, dipshit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"Squirrell Hill Tunnels" sonic the hedgehog rear end city

Apr 7, 2003

"I'm looking for the secret route to drive out of downtown quickly" yeah, you and 100,000 other people

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The secret route is your bike. Or a literal tank that can drive over all the cars.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

"Squirrell Hill Tunnels" sonic the hedgehog rear end city

Stomping the cars and all the happy drivers bound out joyfully

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BonHair posted:

Or a literal tank that can drive over all the cars.

You. Dumb. rear end. Now they're gonna want tanks

Apr 7, 2003

Every time some guy posts about how he hates waiting in traffic for two hours a day I get a boner. Love to see these people suffer.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Tanks that crush cars can be class allies, actually.

Also they already have tanks, how long ago were those pics of modern trucks vs WW2 tanks posted?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Do you ever think about what could be accomplished with the labor and raw materials that go into each pick up truck?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why that's almost 25% of an even bigger, Safer, pickup truck

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

You. Dumb. rear end. Now they're gonna want tanks

The literal war zone that white people imagine that inner cities are, only with white suburbanites in tanks. At least they're gonna destroy a bunch of cars.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Stomping the cars and all the happy drivers bound out joyfully

a driver really is just a happy little forest critter trapped inside an evil robot

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Someone somewhere right this second is pitching the idea of debt peonage... but an app. Probably several someones.

https://www.uber.com/us/en/drive/vehicle-solutions/

Uber has your back for only $1,000+ a month!

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
"vehicle solutions"

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Fair to mention that it’s for rentals, Uber did try to go into the financing business but i guess that went poorly for them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

Fair to mention that it’s for rentals, Uber did try to go into the financing business but i guess that went poorly for them.

I'm pretty sure when they announced this people ran the numbers and realized it was literally impossible to make money driving for uber at the rates they were financing them for

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I thought the point of uber was casing rich neighborhoods then burglarizing them later

Apr 7, 2003

I'm pretty sure when they announced this people ran the numbers and realized it was literally impossible to make money driving for uber at the rates they were financing them for

Uber's entire employment model is desperation; you're converting an asset you've got into money at unfavorable rates so you can make the rent. You can't buy a car you could drive for Uber solely through working for Uber.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just sharing it here because it's funny

Owning a new car will be unaffordable for the average American within this decade

Owning a new car is already unaffordable for the average American, it's just not stopping them.

We've had this huge car bubble going on for the last several years, and I'm just completely amazed that it hasn't popped yet.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Uber's entire employment model is desperation; you're converting an asset you've got into money at unfavorable rates so you can make the rent. You can't buy a car you could drive for Uber solely through working for Uber.

in the initial vc-subsidized cheap-rides-and-great-driver-pay times when the goal of uber was to attract drivers and passengers to the app, a few people in a few places might actually make decent money, but now that they've proceeded from that initial phase into the "use popularity of your service to destroy all competition" and "jack up the prices and cut driver pay to try to reach profitability" stages, not so much lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Every time some guy posts about how he hates waiting in traffic for two hours a day I get a boner. Love to see these people suffer.

lmao

Apr 7, 2003

one guy said that he drives 50,000 miles a year and he loves it and only shut-in hypochondriacs hate driving. i checked his post history and his wife divorced him six months ago and took the house

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

if you drive fifty thousand miles a year you are a hosed up, mentally ill shut-in inside your car

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

More like metall-y shut-inside a metal death trap ha haa haaaa (never get out of the car - Skeeter).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Qagggy/status/1630792068288356354?s=20

https://twitter.com/Qagggy/status/1630802817270321152?s=20

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Am I supposed to be mad about this? That looks safe as hell and it makes me wish I lived there.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ikanreed posted:

Am I supposed to be mad about this? That looks safe as hell and it makes me wish I lived there.

Seattleites have actual standards for bike infrastructure, unlike us crumb-eating plebs

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

ikanreed posted:

I guess that depends on the signal priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Looks better than the bulk of our waterfront bike infrastructure which is just a sidewalk with a "multi use trail" sign in a few places.