Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1631070638457643011

Wow how rude, the Kings didn't even observe a day of mourning for Quick.

This is a good trade, Portillo didn’t want to sign with Buffalo anyway. He’s going to graduate college this year so he’ll still require another few years to develop. Sabres have Devon Levi coming down the pipeline so that third rounder is more valuable right now.

They still kinda need to fix their goaltending situation right now, Kevin Weekes tweeted rumors that they are shopping UPL which doesn’t make sense to me. They need someone to play in a tandem with UPL and Anderson can’t play too often or he turns into a pumpkin like last night. Eric Comrie is bad and probably has no trade value, would be cool if they could dump him for someone decent but they probably won’t be able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

tfw you are the best gm in the league

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1631072098117353473

Rebuilding team refuses to pay three whole million dollars to acquire better draft picks. Great job Gary!!

The Coyotes probably held out too long and got less than they could have, but the Senators first is definitely going to be a whole lot better than Boston or Edmonton's

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

i stopped feeling anything anymore i hate my team so much

that's so brutal. it's the most Canucks thing ever to start making a few decent acquisitions, flirt with a bit more of a rebuild, then just make an awful "rebuild on the fly" trade. pure lucy-pulling-away-the-football.

also Hextall should be fired on the spot for that. that is inexcusable not to find a way to get that one. i would be so pissed if I was Sid/Malkin.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

There's no way Bettman isn't getting a cut.

A cut of what, 5% of ticket revenues and concessions? That's gotta be thousands of dollars if not less.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is a good trade, Portillo didn’t want to sign with Buffalo anyway. He’s going to graduate college this year so he’ll still require another few years to develop. Sabres have Devon Levi coming down the pipeline so that third rounder is more valuable right now.

They still kinda need to fix their goaltending situation right now, Kevin Weekes tweeted rumors that they are shopping UPL which doesn’t make sense to me. They need someone to play in a tandem with UPL and Anderson can’t play too often or he turns into a pumpkin like last night. Eric Comrie is bad and probably has no trade value, would be cool if they could dump him for someone decent but they probably won’t be able to.

Karel Vejmelka is the answer, and the Coyotes seem to be accepting literally anything at this point for their flotsam.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Dorion’s spending all of the Sens firsts but I don’t really care? DeBrincat is better than what they would have picked with the 7OA, Chychrun is better than what they’ll get with the 10th-15th OA this year, they’ve already got their top 6 forwards and top 4 D locked up for the next 4-8 years, and they’ve got maybe 2 years left of Giroux playing at an elite level. Even if they’re outside of the playoffs right now, their contention window starts next year with Norris back and Stutzle entering his prime.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Man the thing that had me sick about the Stars potentially grabbing Chychrun was I thought for sure they'd have to give up one of their blue chip prospects.. I guess not (though the Stars don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 to trade so I guess it wasn't happening anyway).

Chychrun was the only player out there that I was really concerned about dropping the likes of Thomas Harley or Mavrik Bourque on, so I'm happy in a way that's off the table now and hopefully the Stars can roll forward with their system intact.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Arivia posted:

don't curse it

we've been asking for more at the trade deadline for years

the question is, will Free Agency be this mental too?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Coyotes probably held out too long and got less than they could have, but the Senators first is definitely going to be a whole lot better than Boston or Edmonton's

Well sure, I don't think the Bruins or Oilers were really offering more, but the Kings certainly could have. OTT 1st is a reasonable gamble since it could end up #10-15 or ??? next year if they get a WC spot but the 'yotes were supposed to be asking for a lot more on top of that besides a couple of 2nds.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pungry posted:

Karel Vejmelka is the answer, and the Coyotes seem to be accepting literally anything at this point for their flotsam.

If they could trade Comrie and somebody and a pick for Vejmelka or something like that, that would be extremely good.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Sigh. Whatever is happening with miller/boeser better at least be funny

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that's so brutal. it's the most Canucks thing ever to start making a few decent acquisitions, flirt with a bit more of a rebuild, then just make an awful "rebuild on the fly" trade. pure lucy-pulling-away-the-football.

also Hextall should be fired on the spot for that. that is inexcusable not to find a way to get that one. i would be so pissed if I was Sid/Malkin.

If Arizona really made not taking any salary back an absolute requirement then there was nothing Hextall, or almost any other buyer-team GM, could do.

I am getting a little panicky that the Penguins really are about to trade for Tyler Myers. The Canucks suddenly acquiring a RD for no apparent reason has made my blood pressure spike

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

aejix posted:

Sigh. Whatever is happening with miller/boeser better at least be funny
we already know that Miller and Boeser aren't going to go anywhere and Vancouver will continue to flounder

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Starsfan posted:

Man the thing that had me sick about the Stars potentially grabbing Chychrun was I thought for sure they'd have to give up one of their blue chip prospects.. I guess not (though the Stars don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 to trade so I guess it wasn't happening anyway).

Chychrun was the only player out there that I was really concerned about dropping the likes of Thomas Harley or Mavrik Bourque on, so I'm happy in a way that's off the table now and hopefully the Stars can roll forward with their system intact.

how the absolute gently caress is mavrik bourque a real name

are we reaching the point where we're just cutting out vowels from edgy zoomer names like maverick on top of the usual chl name curse

or is this an ethnic name i'm not aware of and i am just sounding really loving racist if so i apologize

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I still think Hextall will get something done but Chychrun was what I really wanted if we were going to be shelling out high picks and prospects.

Unfortunate.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

If Arizona really made not taking any salary back an absolute requirement then there was nothing Hextall, or almost any other buyer-team GM, could do.

I am getting a little panicky that the Penguins really are about to trade for Tyler Myers. The Canucks suddenly acquiring a RD for no apparent reason has made my blood pressure spike

who cares! send a first to Minnesota or whoever the hell to take the other player. clear space somehow! your team's window is like this year and next year!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I have it on good authority that Tyler Myers is being shipped to an African game reserve so he can be among his own kind.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Can you imagine the horror of Dumoulin/Myers

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arivia posted:

how the absolute gently caress is mavrik bourque a real name

are we reaching the point where we're just cutting out vowels from edgy zoomer names like maverick on top of the usual chl name curse

or is this an ethnic name i'm not aware of and i am just sounding really loving racist if so i apologize

Alright there's a lot to break down here, but stay with me *puts on suit and tie*

I found no evidence that his parents are anything but standard franco-Quebecois. However! The first result was one of those thousands of identical celebrity creeping info websites and it said his girlfriend is Sarah who is an Instagram influencer. This is not relevant to anything.

Secondly, throwing shade at QMJHL names when the WHL and the Wiesblatts exist?

Finally, please report to CanPol for your mandatory Franco-Canadian sensitivity training course.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

the bright side is the pens don't have the room to bring him on without swapping something out and the canucks don't have room to take on our RD so unless some kindly team goes out of their way to facilitate that for their best buddies the Penguins I just can't see how it would work

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
we go now live to the Canucks' arena for a reaction to the trades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Did I mention the rumors that Jeff Petry is in play?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

It’s been real. It’s been fun. But it hasn’t been real fun.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

Being a Canucks fan is an emotional rollercoaster. Just today I told someone how happy I was that they finally seemed to be embracing being bad but hey uhh…

I say this admitting I know nothing about Hroneck and he might be good but if the Islanders miss the playoffs ugh

He's an offensive 2nd pairing guy who will no longer be a first pp unit guy in Vancouver who is weak defensively. He's a 2nd unit PKer on an average PK team. He's a poor possession player and generally tries to lead the breakout, so you can't really pair him with Hughes. Other than the incredibly facile "he shoots right" what niche does he fill? So does Tyler Myers and Ethan Bear. He's far closer to them in talent than Hughes.

His numbers are going to fall off a cliff in Vancouver, but because of past production they'll sign him to a 6x$6.75m extension this summer. He doesn't pair well with Hughes on paper at all, so once again we have another middle pairing guy making too much money without a clear role.

What they want is Erik Cernak who, while similar on paper, is actually good and fills a real need. What they got is Damon Severson. This reeks of Canucks management seeing him having strong games in those back to backs against the Canucks last month and thinking "there's our solution!"

Allvin made a huge point about trading Horvat for the highest first round he could get, then unloaded it immediately without even knowing what it became. Why didn't he just take the best package if he didn't intend to keep the pick? Raty clearly sucks so he can't have been the centerpiece or christ our pro scouting is worse than I thought. What is the direction of this drat team because I don't think anyone knows anymore.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Did I mention the rumors that Jeff Petry is in play?

drat the Canucks are gonna trade their own 1st now

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1631083129736667136?s=20

I always liked Teddy. I'll miss him

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

RIP Teddy Blueger if he does in fact end up going to Vegas like twitter says. You were a cool 4th liner for a while but your time has come and gone.

edit: cap dump which isn't unexpected return is a 3rd in 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teddy owns... Fare thee well, buddy. You didn't have the hands but you had the heart

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Poehling must be healthy and they can fit McGinn. Whatever.

Edit: that said Teddy was a huge part of the PK and lol if this means more Jeff Carter on PK hoooooo booooyyyy is it going to be awful.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Please god may this be the pens clearing space for one of the Canucks salary mistakes I can't take any more hockey misery

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Is this the start of Pittsburgh making room for Miller/Boeser?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1631084653372137472?t=oGd-t77x9Jvq2y2xACZnYg&s=19

Boy I can't wait to be kicked in the stomach again!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

AntiDepressor posted:

Is this the start of Pittsburgh making room for Miller/Boeser?

it'll probably be Boeser. it should be Miller.

Miller would make 0 sense for the Canucks after the Hronek trade. So it'll probably be that.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens going to get Bjugstad and Bonino for 3rds. Don't worry about it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

With the signing all the old guys and then trading away our good young defenseman on a great contract for an ancient one on a bad contract, I'm starting to think Hextall doesn't have a loving plan for what he's doing

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
A 3rd seems really good for Teddy Blueger, please trade Austin Watson while you’re cookin, Pierre

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

we go now live to the Canucks' arena for a reaction to the trades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Any time this video is posted in any thread, I will watch it :allears:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Come onnnnn Kent Hughes do somethingggggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

With the signing all the old guys and then trading away our good young defenseman on a great contract for an ancient one on a bad contract, I'm starting to think Hextall doesn't have a loving plan for what he's doing

He may infact be very incompetent