Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Edit: I just reiterated something that wasn't missing from the post I was replying to. Objectively the worst snipe

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

joylessdivision posted:

Why did I read the replies? I know better but I did it anyway and now I want to launch all of them into the loving sun. Especially the pants shitter.

This is a ballsy tweet: https://twitter.com/MollyScanlon/status/1631001063355547654

I mean, that one is probably worth archiving because that flagrant lack of interest in engagement with anyone's points is going to age like milk.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 1, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

This is a ballsy tweet:

my posts have BALLS OF STEEL

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

This is a ballsy tweet: https://twitter.com/MollyScanlon/status/1631001063355547654

I mean, that one is probably worth archiving because that flagrant lack of interest in engagement with anyone's points is going to age like milk.

As far as I can tell, Molly is going hard to the paint for Zak because his company has picked up the rights to republish Zak's Red And Pleasant Land, probably months ago, and needs this to look good for him.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
See, Zak can't be a toxic bigot, he's business partners with a transman. I wonder how long Molly Scanlon will cape for him before Zak blows up on him and he goes crying to the Internet about how he was manipulated by an abuser and couldn't possibly have seen this coming.

It's easy to assume most of Zak's defenders in those Twitter threads are his sockpuppets, since they're all doing his typical schtick of demanding evidence (which is right there in a court document anyone can download) and then vanishing from the conversation or saying it doesn't count because reasons. I recognize specific usernames from the people who showed up to defend him when Skerples did a big post about his lawsuits some time ago.

theironjef posted:

The thing that brings me life here is just how small it all is. 13 likes for the original announcement. This is just nothing, I could tweet "fart" and do bigger numbers than this.
I double dog dare you.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 1, 2023

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Halloween Jack posted:

See, Zak can't be a toxic bigot, he's business partners with a transman. I wonder how long Molly Scanlon will cape for him before Zak blows up on him and he goes crying to the Internet about how he was manipulated by an abuser and couldn't possibly have seen this coming.

It's easy to assume most of Zak's defenders in those Twitter threads are his sockpuppets, since they're all doing his typical schtick of demanding evidence (which is right there in a court document anyone can download) and then vanishing from the conversation or saying it doesn't count because reasons. I recognize specific usernames from the people who showed up to defend him when Skerples did a big post about his lawsuits some time ago.

I double dog dare you.

Oh poo poo I cannot resist a challenge.

https://twitter.com/SystemMastery/status/1631046691976622081?s=20

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Not liking this for the purity of the experiment, but I am with you in spirit.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

System Mastery stays winning

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Shardix posted:

I want to offer my apologies to disposablewords and anyone else I hurt, it was lovely of me to call you mutants.

Really, I just have to face facts that I am not rad enough a genetic disaster to qualify as a super-mutant, and must accept I'm the regular kind. Good dialogue, though, I think we all learned something today.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Tsilkani posted:

Actually, no.

That's Zak's sister.

She’s having a real normal one on Twitter dot com

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Solus posted:

She’s having a real normal one on Twitter dot com

I've had her blocked for a while, she obsessively searches Zak almost as much as he does.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
His current GF (I think?) has a Reddit account and I am 90% certain he used it as a sock puppet to post about RPGs/his books.

I wouldn't be surprised if his sister doesn't know she has a Twitter account.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

ended up suing a random Icelandic field.

lmao I'd completely forgotten about that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Megazver posted:

His current GF (I think?) has a Reddit account and I am 90% certain he used it as a sock puppet to post about RPGs/his books.

The similar posting style is downright uncanny.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NGDBSS posted:

He attempted to sue Freyja/Rulebook Heavily for making fun of him. Thankfully GMS was too incompetent to correctly doxx her and instead ended up suing a random Icelandic field.

Yeah I don't think GMS is as bad as Zak but I also don't think it's for lack of trying. I also remember him making some "why don't you tell me this to my face when I'm at [convention] and see how it goes for you" internet tough guy posts which on the one hand is kind of laughable but on the other hand doesn't make me think "ah yes, this is the sign of a guy with good impulse control."

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God it's cracking me up that the Zak Posting Style is apparently an inherited trait.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lumbermouth posted:

God it's cracking me up that the Zak Posting Style is apparently an inherited trait.

It's amazing how he is completely incapable of changing his writing style when he gets worked up, so all his sockpuppets sound the same.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's amazing how he is completely incapable of changing his writing style when he gets worked up, so all his sockpuppets sound the same.

Provide evidence.

sorry lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Arivia posted:

no, this was in the US. The case against Mandy is in Canada.

So Zak has gone to court in the US, Canada, and Australia. Anywhere else I'm missing?

NGDBSS posted:

ended up suing a random Icelandic field.

Was this suit in Iceland courts

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
There was no actual suit, just GMS making angry threats all evening while people tried to explain that you can't sue a guy in Iceland under American law (he refused to listen). Later he googled what he thought was the person's address and tried to use it as a means of intimidation (it was a random empty field).

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

GMS did legally gently caress with Inklesspen over "IsFarWestOutYet.com" though, he did do that.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Zak was awarded "$1 of nominal damages and costs per memorandum of costs." Can an actual lawyer explain that latter part? Like, Grey has to pay his legal fees?

Costs are not fees (at least in US courts). Costs are things like copying costs, filing fees, juror stipends, costs for the court reporter, etc. California does not, to my knowledge, award fees on defamation actions.

Costs are almost always a fraction of attorneys fees in amount.

e: I got bored and pulled the costs doc off the relevant California courts site. They're requesting about 15k in court costs.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 2, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

yeah I'm inclined to think it's not actually his sister

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another sockpuppet is boring, I’m choosing to believe that something in the Smith family DNA causes them to Post Like This.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
in a twist of irony its actually Shannon Appelcline.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I imagine it's a cursed bloodline. It can be traced back to an insufferable European village full of bad haircuts and shitted pants.

Does this get him on the sex offender registry?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

moths posted:

I imagine it's a cursed bloodline. It can be traced back to an insufferable European village full of bad haircuts and shitted pants.

Does this get him on the sex offender registry?

Nah, it was a civil trial. You can definitely call him “court-proven rapist Zak Smith” though!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Well that's something at least!

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah I'm inclined to think it's not actually his sister

probably not since there's video of the person on their official youtube, in a four(!) hour long video where they go over every claim with Zak and one of his friends(and cite a handful of you guys) and explain how each and every single one of you is wrong and your claims are false. I assume. I am not watching a four hour long zak video lol

point is, they look absolutely nothing like Zak whatsoever so I would be surprised if they were related

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Der Waffle Mous posted:

in a twist of irony its actually Shannon Appelcline.

At a certain point, you run out of RPG history to write and have to start making your own.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Sefer posted:

Full decision here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/927gje2mqxoi7hu/1936638092%281-43%29.pdf?dl=0

Basically he was awarded $1 based on her using the word "forced" when she said he forced her to move in; she was in a hard financial position and living with him was her only reasonable way out at the time. Meanwhile, all of the more damning claims about him demanding sex even if she didn't want it, didn't enjoy a particular act or position, or was in pain were ruled true. The claim that he repeatedly said he would kick her out if she didn't have sex with him regularly was ruled true- he may not have forced her to move in, but he certainly was taking advantage of her financial situation to pressure her into sex since she couldn't afford to get kicked out. The claim that he would pressure her to have sex with others he picked out and get upset if she wanted to pursue anything with someone she chose was ruled true. The claim that he had told her her natural breasts were pointless and that he paid for her implants was ruled true.

On the basis of that $1, he's claiming he won, and of course never mentioning the amount won or that only one statement was ruled false.

This is kind of crazy to me that the judge ruled this way on the word forced. I don't know how you can't say what he did was coercion under duress of her being homeless and the synonyms listed in both the Merriam Webster dictionary and the oxford dictionary is forced. Is it literally this pedantic in court that common synonyms for words don't matter? Don't they have to prove malicious intent?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Remind me, who's GMS?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Deptfordx posted:

Remind me, who's GMS?

Gareth Michael Skarka, who was the perennial butt of jokes in this neck of the woods for never having finished Far West (or maybe he did, eventually, it's been a while)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gareth Michael Skarka, who was the perennial butt of jokes in this neck of the woods for never having finished Far West (or maybe he did, eventually, it's been a while)

[narrator voice] he did not eventually release it

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Oh right, that dude.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

gradenko_2000 posted:

From what I can find with some light searching, it seems it was "within a month" in September 2022, then on December 31 2022 he tweeted (not a backer update) that he's looking forward to wrapping things in 2023. There's a backer-only update from November but it's not copied anywhere I could see, so maybe he let them know sooner, but if so Tenkar didn't blog about it, but he did blog about the tweet, so I dunno. It's gone on for so long it's more an occasionally remembered, mostly forgotten, sad curiosity than anything else even for backers. All the stuff that could be considered interesting or funny happened the better part of a decade ago.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 2, 2023

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

He delivered the full Far West manuscript in September 2022. Layout was supposed to take another month or so but I bet you know how that went. No Kickstarter updates since early November.

As to the game, I’m sure I’d have been excited if I’d gotten it in 2013.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thanlis posted:

He delivered the full Far West manuscript in September 2022. Layout was supposed to take another month or so but I bet you know how that went. No Kickstarter updates since early November.

As to the game, I’m sure I’d have been excited if I’d gotten it in 2013.

It's probably been lapped by Haunted West at the very least, huh?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dawgstar posted:

It's probably been lapped by Haunted West at the very least, huh?

Haunted West has been out for a while now, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Hostile V posted:

GMS did legally gently caress with Inklesspen over "IsFarWestOutYet.com" though, he did do that.
Well? Is it???

Lumbermouth posted:

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

probably not since there's video of the person on their official youtube, in a four(!) hour long video where they go over every claim with Zak and one of his friends(and cite a handful of you guys) and explain how each and every single one of you is wrong and your claims are false. I assume. I am not watching a four hour long zak video lol
Well, Mandy is a real person, but Zak was posting under her name. Considering this person writes exactly like him and is combative in exactly the same way, that's my best guess as to what's going on there.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 2, 2023