Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

DuoRogue posted:

charge decays over time in limbus and he has rewards for having high charge. Plus, Graze the Grass was a charge gen card in ruina.
It's definitely weird that he runs out of ammo given that rabbit mooks had "sufficient ammo" passive to NOT do that, but he's a great character nonetheless. Even when running out of ammo he still is fantastic for clashes.

anyway I got to the third dungeon's boss, and i figured, I havent had trouble on any stages up until now, and while the stuff leading up to it was hard i only lost one sinner.
ah, it's like fighting xiao for the first time.... I got completely destroyed.

Purify is just straight up unfair, you basically need EGO to crash it but you also need to make sure to keep enough resources to clash the insta stagger on loss skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

fabiopenz posted:

Purify is just straight up unfair, you basically need EGO to clash it but you also need to make sure to keep enough resources to clash the insta stagger on loss skill.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
When I try to look at forming a party that can spam EGO my eyes glaze over
it doesn't help that the info about which resources you need to activate an ego and which ones a character's skills generate are on completely different screens so you have to go back and forth

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Haven't started uptying stuff yet, not really sure what I wanna focus first, but friend code's K706814486

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

DuoRogue posted:

charge decays over time in limbus and he has rewards for having high charge. Plus, Graze the Grass was a charge gen card in ruina.
It's definitely weird that he runs out of ammo given that rabbit mooks had "sufficient ammo" passive to NOT do that, but he's a great character nonetheless. Even when running out of ammo he still is fantastic for clashes.

Ah I see. His passive kicks in at 5 charge. I wonder if that is when he puts on his helmet. But yeah like you say, even when he is out of gas you still get to throw him into clashes with all the coins which is great.

There are a few fun visual and other things that. I got Lantern for Gregor and I think it is a pretty bad EGO but the thing that happens when you get ego corrosion is cool as hell.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the ego planning will get easier as we get more free ego, right now its a nightmare to plan since everyone is so restricted in their needs with only one or two equipped

altho with the toll even HE ego takes on sanity, alephs and waws are gonna be brutal

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Just started Limbus Company. That sure is an introduction. Seems to be a hallmark of ProjMoon games for very striking introductions.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
My friend code is S021925679 so feel free to add me. Currently haven't even started chapter 3 despite beating chapter 2.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I'm confused over threads. I know I can earn them by getting duplicates in pulls, or through MIrror Dungeon, but what do I use them for?

Why are they character specific when I can exchange them for generic threads?

Edit: Lol holy poo poo I can't even get past the first chapter 3 fight

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 2, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

DropTheAnvil posted:

I'm confused over threads. I know I can earn them by getting duplicates in pulls, or through MIrror Dungeon, but what do I use them for?

Why are they character specific when I can exchange them for generic threads?

Those aren't threads, they're EGO Shards: In the Dispense screen you can use them to get exactly the specific Identity or EGO you want without doing pulls. 150 for a 00 Identity, 400 for an EGO or a 000 Identity.
I just used this to grab myself Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael earlier.

You can ALSO turn them into generic threads for uptying and such, if you get some for characters you don't want to grab Identities / EGO for via that method.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Converting ego shards is the only way to get threads (outside of one cash shop package). Threads are used for raising the "uptie" level on characters, which unlocks their two passives and third skill, and usually upgrades their first two skills. It's pretty important.
It's also for raising the "threadspin" level of E.G.O., which adds a new 'passive' effect to it. Note that ego passives only apply after actively using the ego once in that combat.

The 12 free "LCB Sinner" identities and their default Zayin E.G.O.s get max Uptie/threadspin for free as you play through the story, but each 00 ID will run you 50 thread and each 000 costs 100 thread to max out.
So if you lack thread, running with the 0 rank squad is probably better than having a whole party of 000s with no upties and only half their kits.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel like teams based around a shared status ailment are a lot stronger in Mirror Dungeons than core story. Sure, my team of Kurokumo Hong Lu and Ryoshu, or my Liu Meursault and Gregor duo can get a decent amount of damage off their Bleed and Burn, but the EGO gifts that buff those ailments really let 'em shine. Heck, I've got one in my current run that makes it so that Blunt and Pride skills lower SP and with Reindeer Ishmael and Mariachi Sinclair's Sinking, it's going pretty well at nuking their coin rates and lowering their Power.

WaterSnek
Jan 4, 2023
I did a few runs of Mirror Dungeons to test things out and I think I know why you sometimes gain actions in Abno fights. It seems that you only get actions up to a total of 5 per turn, presumably to balance out the fact that you can choose your target more freely.

Also, my friend code is F332202559.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Converting ego shards is the only way to get threads (outside of one cash shop package). Threads are used for raising the "uptie" level on characters, which unlocks their two passives and third skill, and usually upgrades their first two skills. It's pretty important.
It's also for raising the "threadspin" level of E.G.O., which adds a new 'passive' effect to it. Note that ego passives only apply after actively using the ego once in that combat.

The 12 free "LCB Sinner" identities and their default Zayin E.G.O.s get max Uptie/threadspin for free as you play through the story, but each 00 ID will run you 50 thread and each 000 costs 100 thread to max out.
So if you lack thread, running with the 0 rank squad is probably better than having a whole party of 000s with no upties and only half their kits.

You can also get a pretty reasonable amount of thread boxes from the battlepass.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f03-GPI8YPILqa8dRbUj-pvA7Kih0oXPQzWg-fbrQ0w/edit#gid=386324660

Here's a Google Doc charting the affinities of various characters and their EGO, to make teambuilding easier.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Chapter 3 you need to start thinking about team building a bit more, also swapping to blunt is useful.

Keep in mind lower rarity chars are better than the 000s if you can uptie them to a higher level, which is also significantly cheaper for lower rarity chars.

I'm on the final stretch of ch3 and I've been running RCorp Ishmael, LCB Heathcliff, Liu Gregor, Liu Mersault, and L Corp Remnant Faust and it's been pretty smooth sailing. If you don't have RCorp Ishmael you could probably run base Ishmael as she's a pretty decent source of blunt as well, or Mariachi Sinclair.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RoyalScion posted:

Chapter 3 you need to start thinking about team building a bit more, also swapping to blunt is useful.

Keep in mind lower rarity chars are better than the 000s if you can uptie them to a higher level, which is also significantly cheaper for lower rarity chars.

I'm on the final stretch of ch3 and I've been running RCorp Ishmael, LCB Heathcliff, Liu Gregor, Liu Mersault, and L Corp Remnant Faust and it's been pretty smooth sailing. If you don't have RCorp Ishmael you could probably run base Ishmael as she's a pretty decent source of blunt as well, or Mariachi Sinclair.

Mariachi Sinclair rules, for the record.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
When does the weekly reset period end in regards to battle pass missions?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It just reset today (~12pm PST on Wednesdays?), think there's also a timer in the battle pass screen.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well, beat everything available. More content when, is what I say.

Is there a chapter 4? Chapter 3 is kicking my rear end.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
since we probably aren't getting more ZAYIN tier EGO, which do you find the most useful at least to you?

Faust and Hong Lu have AOE which is nice, and Faust's healing SP is pretty solid too. Heathcliff's seems really nice as a self-buff. Meursault can invoke mutual disadvantage which is cool.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Trying to clear up some things about identity progression. Let me know if I got anything wrong

Experience levels up an identity. You can also raise levels with consumables that I have not yet seen
Levels raise HP and DEF for that identity. Is there a known level cap? There's two digits in the interface
Skills have a growth factor. I assume that skills gain additional damage by (growth * level)
You can uptie an identity to II. This will upgrade skills and stats. On the identity selection screen, this is represented by chains around the character card
Uptying 00 and 000 identities cost Thread, which you mostly get by dismantling shards. Rarer identities cost more to upgrade
The default 0 identities are instead uptyed through story progression
Uptying to III unlocks a third skill

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Uptying to III also unlocks their support passive (active when they aren't a part of the on-field team) and boosts their first two skill's raw values, making them more likely to win clashes and increasing their base damage.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The current level cap for identities is 30.

Also finished chapter 3 tonight. That was a pretty great finale to the current story and I'm looking forward to more.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

since we probably aren't getting more ZAYIN tier EGO, which do you find the most useful at least to you?

Faust and Hong Lu have AOE which is nice, and Faust's healing SP is pretty solid too. Heathcliff's seems really nice as a self-buff. Meursault can invoke mutual disadvantage which is cool.

I do think we might see other ZAYIN in the future potentially, since a loading screen tooltip says characters start battle with the resistances of "their lowest-level equipped EGO", as opposed to their default EGO or some other phrasing. Probably not going to be any time soon though.

As for myself I get the most use out of Gregor's EGO, both his default Zayin and Lantern: They're cheap as hell and have great secondary effects. Ishmael's Zayin is also great for being extremely reliable, 19 base with a very low +heads. Big agreement on Meursault's being good, I've started using him a lot more recently and it gives him a lot of burst and a strong debuff.

RoyalScion posted:

Honestly lower rarity characters in this game are not even necessarily worse than higher-rarity ones at equal upgrade. A lot of them contribute to very different builds and setups and have close or equal power: I've switched away from 000 Meursault and Gregor to using their Lieu idents almost exclusively.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So, a bit of a cheese strat, but if a fight in a mirror dungeon is starting to go south you can close the game and re-enter the dungeon to try again from the start of the fight.

e:

Ariamaki posted:

I do think we might see other ZAYIN in the future potentially, since a loading screen tooltip says characters start battle with the resistances of "their lowest-level equipped EGO", as opposed to their default EGO or some other phrasing. Probably not going to be any time soon though.

Considering everyone's ZAYIN is 'their' EGO, my guess is that we'll get alternate ZAYINs as each sinner goes through character development later in the game.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 2, 2023

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

Mariachi Sinclair rules, for the record.

Mariachi Sinclair rules but after trying to play with him for quite some time I am afraid he might be kinda bad.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

According to a post on reddit the battlepass has a ZAYIN EGO for Gregor so they already exist. A good one too, AOE with Tremor and a new statsus called Maggots and it uses G Corp Gregor's sins.

Unless that's Lantern and I am dumb :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Don's, if only because my setup means I can spam it really, really hard.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Mariachi Sinclair rules but after trying to play with him for quite some time I am afraid he might be kinda bad.

He's an odd duck, you want to land a good tier three skill with him so he's near impossible to fast stagger, and after that I think he's mostly good for making unopposed attacks, which against humans you can't really control.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

BisbyWorl posted:

So, a bit of a cheese strat, but if a fight in a mirror dungeon is starting to go south you can close the game and re-enter the dungeon to try again from the start of the fight.

To make it easier on you, you don't even have to close the game: Just go to the settings cogwheel and hit "Give Up". Same effect!

Lord_Magmar posted:

He's an odd duck, you want to land a good tier three skill with him so he's near impossible to fast stagger, and after that I think he's mostly good for making unopposed attacks, which against humans you can't really control.

Thankfully he does kinda help himself in that regard by having TERRIBLE speed ranges, so he's often going to be unopposed by default.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I also ended up buying the battle pass after seeing that it has exclusive E.G.O. on it. Thankfully the game allows me to claim rewards on the same levels I already earned on the free track. Hopefully that's the only thing I spend money on until next season.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
WARP Faust is doing fine in terms of winning clashes and doing damage but I feel like I never have enough charge to activate her debuff riders on her attacks. Anyone else feel that way, too?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f03-GPI8YPILqa8dRbUj-pvA7Kih0oXPQzWg-fbrQ0w/edit#gid=386324660

Here's a Google Doc charting the affinities of various characters and their EGO, to make teambuilding easier.

Thanks. Now I know at least which colour represent which sin.

What do the multipliers in the active and passive column mean?

BisbyWorl posted:

Just "giving up" on the fight in the settings screen works, too. It throws you back to the map with no consequences.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

WARP Faust is doing fine in terms of winning clashes and doing damage but I feel like I never have enough charge to activate her debuff riders on her attacks. Anyone else feel that way, too?

She's got the 3 use purple passive that increases charge gain with every attack, the WARP team identities absolutely want to be run as a crew of 3, probably with R Corp Heathcliff and Ishmael to maximise their charge buffs, and all 5 have purple skills somewhere.

Which I'm gonna say is one of the best benefits of G Corp Gregor and Tingtang Hong Li (and Mariachi Sinclair to a lesser extent) they're very functional all on their own, each is self-sufficient in their own way. Between Hong L ripping low health enemies open, G Corp Gregor being very hard to kill if he's landing hits, and Mariachi Sinclair being nearly impossible to stagger when done right.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Thanks. Now I know at least which colour represent which sin.

What do the multipliers in the active and passive column mean?

How many skills of that type you need to use in a round before the passive/support triggers. (It doesn't require them to be chained together though)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
We have a roadmap!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm guessing the Luxcavations will be the quests to farm EXP/threads? Cause even if slower it would be nice not to have to always burn shards for thread.

Also an average of 2 banners per month going by March and April.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm guessing the Luxcavations will be the quests to farm EXP/threads? Cause even if slower it would be nice not to have to always burn shards for thread.

Also having an actual use for energy once you catch up on story is a baffling thing to lack. As soon as you've got all your ex clears of Ch 3 the only thing you can really do with energy is dump them into modules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I've got a guess as to one of Sinclair's future EGO options. Child of the Galaxy seems extremely likely.