Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Just woke up had a nightmare the Costco corporate twitter just posted

'1.51'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Costco Meatballs posted:

Just woke up had a nightmare the Costco corporate twitter just posted

'1.51'

are you ok?

please reach out via pm if you need to talk

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

how is costco so good?

literally everything about modern society is poo poo but then costco is there and it's good somehow. where did it come from? why is it here, in america? shouldn't it only exist in some strange and fanciful place like iceland?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

It’s the Judas goat leading you to slaughter at the hands of late stage capitalism

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went to church today on the way home as I suspect I’ll be working from home the rest of the week and needed a few things. Got those and also picked up a bag of the Archer mini beef sticks because they were on sale and I wanted something snacky. They’re not bad, though I’d have liked a spicier flavor. Two of those and a light string cheese make for 14g protein in 150 calories so that’s a nice fast snack for when I need it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

pencilhands posted:

how is costco so good?

literally everything about modern society is poo poo but then costco is there and it's good somehow. where did it come from? why is it here, in america? shouldn't it only exist in some strange and fanciful place like iceland?
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, $1.50 hot dog and soda (with free refill (free Chinatown))

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Anyone try the stainless steel growlers? They are marked down to ~15 bucks or so.

Also marked down: the 50/50 merino blend beanie 2-pack, to $9. Very warm, a good deal. Costco provides again.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
went to costco again since walgreens is unable to restock the meds that help me mollify my Brain Bees so I can do work

unfortunately my job's new insurance sucks rear end and they were incredibly expensive so thank god I'm saving money at costco on poo poo

e: while waiting for my meds I did find 36-packs of the sparkling water I like and a breakfast cereal for my girlfriend who's watching her sugar, that was rad as hell

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 2, 2023

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Laterite posted:

Also marked down: the 50/50 merino blend beanie 2-pack, to $9. Very warm, a good deal. Costco provides again.

Oh poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was just watching a game show and the question was name 7 cards that won't get you into a bar.

It was like business, credit, student, and the last one was Costco. lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
with a costco card you can build and stock your own bar

https://www.costco.com/home-wine-bar-cabinet-7-piece-set-with-short-wall-cabinets-by-newage-products.product.100686229.html

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Golden Island pork jerky has definitely gotten worse. It used to have a chewier bacon-like texture and now it's like regular beef jerky and absolutely COATED in sugar. Like you can feel the crystals crunch when you bite into it, absolutely disgusting.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

The Golden Island pork jerky has definitely gotten worse. It used to have a chewier bacon-like texture and now it's like regular beef jerky and absolutely COATED in sugar. Like you can feel the crystals crunch when you bite into it, absolutely disgusting.

Yeah it's essentially a dessert now. Some of the thick pieces had a bit of chew to them but the rest is basically sugar leather.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pork jerky is always worse than the beef variety. it's not kosher. it's haram. it's just plan bad

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

4 lb thing of jelly bellys please and thank you

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

I was a bit disappointed last time we bought it, but I'll still grab it again at some point, because maybe it was just a bad batch?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I’ve suspected for a few years that manufacturers have two lines; the best stuff for Costco and the other factory line for everyone else. Stuff at Costco just seems to be better quality overall.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Prime brisket is still a fraction of the price of Choice and even cheaper than it was at christmas, what is this witchcraft of sub-$4/lb beef

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Craptacular! posted:

Do the Costco door guys check every item or something?

With Sam's I'm using the mobile pay system where you can barcodes as you put stuff in your cart, and the person at the door scans the QR code on my phone, then scans three random things to see that they were included in the receipt, and tells me I'm good to go. Some items were buried invisible, but they scanned their three items and let me go.

Lat month I talked about my hometown Price Club and Costco shutting it down and building a new warehouse feet away a few years later, and how it always stumped me why that happened.

I learned: some (not all) Price Clubs were unionized, so Costco shut down those stores.

if its anything like walmart they are looking for specific items. items people tend to not ring up because its on the bottom of their cart. sodas in cans cases of water etc

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I can tell you for certain that like 25% of the time the receipt checkers don't give a poo poo. All they do is look at the receipt, then stare blankly at the cart for like 5 seconds for the appearance of actually checking for mistakes, then mark the receipt as good and move on to the next person.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

I can tell you for certain that like 25% of the time the receipt checkers don't give a poo poo. All they do is look at the receipt, then stare blankly at the cart for like 5 seconds for the appearance of actually checking for mistakes, then mark the receipt as good and move on to the next person.

I go when there not busy and they check like everything in my cart but it's usually like 6 things so it's easy. Takes an extra 30 seconds.

I imagine it's very different if you hit a giant cart or two

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

tango alpha delta posted:

I’ve suspected for a few years that manufacturers have two lines; the best stuff for Costco and the other factory line for everyone else. Stuff at Costco just seems to be better quality overall.

I'm in the food industry and I've worked for a couple different companies that supplied products to Costco and can tell you it's not true for what I've worked on. Same formulas, just club packaging vs non club. And usually we have different sizes for Costco vs Sam's vs BJ's.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

New house is a 5 minute drive from Costco anxiously waiting for them to send over documents thoughts and prayers appreciated.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

sieve jorbs posted:

New house is a 5 minute drive from Costco anxiously waiting for them to send over documents thoughts and prayers appreciated.

thoughts and prayers sent my goon

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

lady bagmo picked these up for me from Church and I'm so fuckin happy to have a whale fin finally

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That's a fat goddamn snake plant
It ate all the other snakeplants

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

The best thing I ever got from Costco was some chocolate covered marshmallows.

Dude, this but the chocolate covered MANGOS, holy sheit they are evil. I have a pretty healthy/normal appetite but if you put a bag of those mangos in front of me, they're gonna be gone in like 2 days.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

costco today

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Ditto, maybe even twice

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You lurkers out there better get in sooner rather than later

https://fortune.com/2023/03/03/costco-membership-price-increase/

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You lurkers out there better get in sooner rather than later

https://fortune.com/2023/03/03/costco-membership-price-increase/

Honestly I drop fuckin $500/month at this place, I'm not going to even notice $20 membership price increase.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

That's a fat goddamn snake plant
It ate all the other snakeplants

one snake plant to rule them all

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Renegret posted:

Honestly I drop fuckin $500/month at this place, I'm not going to even notice $20 membership price increase.

While thats true...20 is 2 costco pizzas!!! Always get the best value out of your money

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Door checkers are cops therefore it is always morally correct to tell them to eat poo poo and die.

Personally, I’m a bootlicker and always smile and thank them for their highlighter mark.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

they're usually super old people around here so it's easier just to be nice to them and wait the extra minute in line.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

sieve jorbs posted:

Door checkers are cops therefore it is always morally correct to tell them to eat poo poo and die.

Personally, I’m a bootlicker and always smile and thank them for their highlighter mark.

I don't mind the Costco checkers for some reason but I completely ignore the fuckers at Kmart (yes Kmart still exists in my country, it shares a logo but thats about it) because gently caress you Kmart for putting the checkouts in the literal centre of the store and making it impossible for them to tell who has checked out and who is just stealing a trolley full of stuff.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's a camera directly above them at my Costco, there's zero chance they aren't being watched regularly or spot checked for compliance.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I breezed by the checkers on both my trips today but all I had in my hands was a couple glizzies. Also I hosed up and accidentally had two active memberships going at the same time (one personal, one business), customer service was happy to refund me for one though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pentyne posted:

There's a camera directly above them at my Costco, there's zero chance they aren't being watched regularly or spot checked for compliance.

Yo bro that's some crazy rear end av text you got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I bet ten Costco hotdogs that anime is involved