Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
You can go a whole lifetime without god dang celestial bodies and Sethafrican emerald heirs making GBS threads up your skies, blue-balling your sense of curiosity and wonderment week after week after week,

But here we are. Looshin' it up, shooting hot gobs of disappointment down the throat of some unknowable and unperceivable entity who thinks they're SO loving SMART.

Choke on it you freaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Victor Vermis posted:

You can go a whole lifetime without god dang celestial bodies and Sethafrican emerald heirs making GBS threads up your skies, blue-balling your sense of curiosity and wonderment week after week after week,

But here we are. Looshin' it up, shooting hot gobs of disappointment down the throat of some unknowable and unperceivable entity who thinks they're SO loving SMART.

Choke on it you freaks.

______________/

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
The only thing that calms me down when I get like this is Google Butt telling us how he's going to destroy aliens with his fists.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Objurium posted:

Was on the phone with my friend when she saw these out of her bedroom window, jumped over to twitter to see if anyone else was seeing them, lo and behold...

https://twitter.com/UrsichJr/status/1631124909782089728

it's Jupiter and Venus. (Allegedly)

Yeah I took two pictures of it. Def not Venus since that's still currently below the horizon.

Like I said I think it's starlink.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

gently caress you Musk you piece of poo poo.
Projecting gratitude at the guillotine that has your name on it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've seen planets in the sky before and they actually move at a fairly brisk pace. Slightly faster than the moon. Remaining stationary like that is sus

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

This story is the opener for the new episode of UFO Investigating the Unknown on Hulu. There's a picture too.

Edit: 7 minutes into the episode has a clip with the press telling Biden that Obama said there are things in the sky we don't know anything about. Biden says ask him again, laughs, and walks off. What a fuckin moron he looks like now after the last two weeks.

papersack has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Mar 2, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Looking it up I don't think Starlink had a launch today.
In any case that poo poo isn't in the sky anymore.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

The Demilich posted:

Yeah I took two pictures of it. Def not Venus since that's still currently below the horizon.

Huh, I figured it was this event? Homegirl checked her sky app and the two lights *appeared* to match pretty closely.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/01/world/venus-jupiter-conjunction-how-to-see-scn/index.html

papersack posted:

This story is the opener for the new episode of UFO Investigating the Unknown on Hulu. There's a picture too.

Edit: 7 minutes into the episode has a clip with the press telling Biden that Obama said there are things in the sky we don't know anything about. Biden says ask him again, laughs, and walks off. What a fuckin moron he looks like now after the last two weeks.

Again, wild to see Elizondo straightup say the government has recovered materials from crash sites on national television. I'm bummed that the series isn't longer, but man, what a loving refreshing break from the parade of History Channel horseshit.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The Demilich posted:

Saw this yesterday and it was Jupiter / Venus

This article shows the same alignment for March 1st

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiec...sh=7d74b3994b05

papersack has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Mar 2, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I'll chuck it up to an error on Star Walk 2's part then because it wasn't showing Venus anywhere near Jupiter, and I used the app while facing the event.

That's why I chalked it up to Musk pollution (I've never seen Starlink irl).

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
It had to be a ufo it was very cloudy.

https://i.imgur.com/n1qRS5V.mp4

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Radirot posted:

It had to be a ufo it was very cloudy.

https://i.imgur.com/n1qRS5V.mp4

the saucers hover

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The Demilich posted:

I'll chuck it up to an error on Star Walk 2's part then because it wasn't showing Venus anywhere near Jupiter, and I used the app while facing the event.

That's why I chalked it up to Musk pollution (I've never seen Starlink irl).

Starlink moves pretty fast across the night sky. If it isn't moving it isn't starlink. Also, they are only in chains when they are first deployed, they eventually spread out more as they find their individual orbits.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Demilich posted:

Saw the exact same few days ago at dusk over Belgium. It looked like Venus and another planet.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Mar 2, 2023

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
Saw it when I got out my car tonight at 7PM or so (SF Bay Area, I think I saw it to the west) and sadly didn't think to point SkyView at it after looking at it for several seconds thinking "Is that a UFO? It's not moving...no, I'm sure it's not a UFO" and going inside.

SkyView does say at around 6:45PM Jupiter and Venus would have been visible to the west somewhere around there, boo.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The Demilich posted:

gently caress you Musk you piece of poo poo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

jupiter and venus are not that close to eachother from any viewpoint on the planet

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

papersack posted:

this is mentioned in the article too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

i am harry posted:

jupiter and venus are not that close to eachother from any viewpoint on the planet

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 09:10 on Mar 2, 2023

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I was just basing that on how I remember them looking the last time I saw them and did take a quick look outside before but it was cloudy thanks for doing the real work :v:

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

but he is right

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I saw the Jupiter venus thing! It was pretty i thought so thank you planets for being pretty

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
ufologists learn basic astronomy challenge. with this ignorance of celestial bodies how will p'nutty deem you worthy?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

reference image for the purposes of deducting planetary conjunctions from blurry videos

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you can tell which one is venus in some of those pics: it's more coppery, and venus has arcane influence over copper metal

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
leave your posting stations once a month and look at the sky and then you'll know what planets look like. good lord

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Anyone talk about how actually the US military is a clownshow of incompetence where they got owned by the gyna balloon and followed it up by going sicko mode on a couple weather balloons because they have no idea what they are doing and overcompensated?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Speaking of balloons

where the gently caress are my pictures, Biden
give us the pictures Joe

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it's impossible to understand their competence

totally bonkers levels of people dedicating their entire life / doing 1 run and quitting / fuckin around / grifting / true believing / getting mega hosed up

who the gently caress knows what's going on in there

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyone talk about how actually the US military is a clownshow of incompetence where they got owned by the gyna balloon and followed it up by going sicko mode on a couple weather balloons because they have no idea what they are doing and overcompensated?

no. you are the first

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wow no wonder biden put me in charge of space force

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Wow no wonder biden put me in charge of space force

thank you for your service o7 please blow the aliens out of the space

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
This may come a little too close to tootlin' my own dootlin' but that blog I posted t'other day is a really fun read and besides I didn't write it

Try the "The Metachorea" series if you've got nothing else to do (or if you're at work and don't want to do it, like myself)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
okay it's pretty funny that twitter + this thread looked at two planets and thought they must be UFOs. not a genuine lmao but an earnest lqtm

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Another +1 from a random goon on the excellent Nat Geo UFO series on Hulu. I've been watching it with my wife the past couple of weeks and she was absolutely shook when Lue said the US govt has materials recovered from crashes and even moreso when Nolan and Vallee were showing their bits and pieces.

This drat program should be free for everybody somewhere because it truly feels like a watershed moment. Perhaps I'm biased from watching Unsolved Mysteries every Wednesday night as a kid, and being fascinated at their reporting of the Belgium triangle flap, but I mean dammit! Why aren't more people concerned about this?

There are moments in my life that I can point at and say "Right there. Life changed here, I'm not the same after this day." The day my mom passed. The day my nana passed. And the day I saw that loving thing hovering over town while I was driving.

At this point I wake up every day and sometime, at some point in the day, I wonder if today will be the day we get absolute confirmation.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Petey posted:

okay it's pretty funny that twitter + this thread looked at two planets and thought they must be UFOs. not a genuine lmao but an earnest lqtm

i am desperate to ponder some orbs

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kamala Harris voice: Do not ponder. do not ponder.
Trump: I’m gonna ponder!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i watched the moon with jupiter+venus the other night and it was pretty cool and yeah those bodies are obv. moving relative to the rest of the night sky. if you view through some tree branches or another fixed point with some kind of foreground reference it's impossible to miss

i actually look at the stars now and have been for a while so it's pretty funny to think they could be mistaken for UAP, like 100% y'all need to be enjoying the sky if you can.

ofc when i return to the seattle area soon, there are basically no reliable views even when the light polution doesn't smother out the sky almost completely so it'll mostly be minding them by other means

still yall should know how to identify your planets and stars 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

poisonpill posted:

Kamala Harris voice: Do not ponder. do not ponder.
Trump: I’m gonna ponder!

Dot is currently very blue.