Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
My pepper seeds are starting to germinate after only five days lfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rectal Placenta posted:

My pepper seeds are starting to germinate after only five days lfg

AMERICA

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've never seen the Godfather but thanks to the lovely apartment I shared with one of my younger brothers, who sublet his room to multiple friends at a time, I have parts of Scarface drilled in my brain thanks to how often they all watched it. Also a lot of Skryim music.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I have taken a lot of great naps to Skyrim background music while my wife played

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've never seen the Godfather but thanks to the lovely apartment I shared with one of my younger brothers, who sublet his room to multiple friends at a time, I have parts of Scarface drilled in my brain thanks to how often they all watched it. Also a lot of Skryim music.

My movie shame of youth with friends was Young Guns 2, so they're doing better there with Scarface. Although I was probably a bit younger in my slight defense. Also it was one of the only VCR tapes we owned/someone had stolen from Blockbuster.

Watched it for the first time in forever a year ago or so and sat there the entire time wondering 'what the gently caress were we thinking?' The Pals scene still got me though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Also he has Grogu again and a bitchin’ hot rod of an N1 Starfighter.

Thanks y'all for the help. So now we're caught up with Boba Fett, but three episodes is enough so tomorrow we'll catch up with the new season of Mando.

Also, Grogu kicks rear end.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
How on earth did I forget for more than 25 years how much fun it is just to get high and watch sitcoms?

and now my wife and I can do it together!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I never started Mando season 2 and figured now's a good time. Got to the second episode and oh my God gently caress those spider things :gonk:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I never started Mando season 2 and figured now's a good time. Got to the second episode and oh my God gently caress those spider things :gonk:

:sickos:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1631061298539577344

Seems even more pointless now

The movies are amazing. Why remake them? The effects stand up fine

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Intruder posted:

Supposedly they're not remakes, just set in the LOTR-verse, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before a remake is on the table

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Makin Shadow of Mordor, with sexy spider ladies.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Make LOTR but with Tom Bombadil as the main character

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Make it set in the future

Or as a Samurai film

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watching Mandalorian and laughed super hard at Carl Weathers walking down the steps while his little droid that carries the train of his cloak just banged down them because it can't do steps

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Stuff just kind of be happening in this new Mandalorian episode.

One of the weakest to date, imo

General Dog fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 2, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Have TFF's own Android Apocalypse direct it and call it Lord of the Wings.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
One of my brothers was going to name my niece Boromir if she was boy, it didn't matter what my sister in law or the rest of us thought. None of the lady names in Lord of the Rings appealed to him so there wasn't a risk for a Galadriel/Eowyn/Arwen/Luthien. I did get paired up with a woman named Arwen for my union's lobby day though and I did not remark on it.

In high school we got my bff a large life sized cardboard cutout of Legolas for her birthday and she kept it for years. It got destroyed when she moved back to her parents house after college in circumstances that were only described to me as "unfortunate".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mando just doing star wars things, and the only show that makes it not tiresome.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Every time I think you can’t be more an embodiment of the Midwest you up your game

gently caress you too, what the hell kind of a dunk is this, and why?

Timby fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 2, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

Feels like he was just ribbing you, not trying to insult or dunk on you

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

… calm it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Timby posted:

Gentlemen please, rest your sphincters.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

What? The effects were bad even for their era and in no way stand up fine.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Timby posted:

Why are you so ashamed of the Midwest and midwesterners?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

the "WB wants LOTR to be like Star Wars" headline made me lol

whatever, it doesn't matter. the LOTR trilogy is great and I will watch and enjoy it and probably ignore whatever stupid poo poo they come up with.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Please. Please. I’m begging. Come up with something new and stop loving remaking everything. For fucks sake.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Ope, just gonna scoot past that gently caress you right there.

It was a joke about the whirly pop. The three people I’ve known who talked about them were always surprised that people didn’t use them to make popcorn, were vocal about how great they were, and were from Iowa.

It’s a localized Midwest thing best I can tell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Getting angry at being told you're a midwesterner is a prime midwesterner characteristic :v:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

lol, we didn't have a whirley pop as it appears on google, but when I was growing up we had some automated version with the bar at the bottom that would slowly turn on its own. And yes, my entire family (except for me) is from Iowa.

Benny looking good, but going back to the vet today to be sure since he had a little fever increase at some point yesterday. Here he is with the cone of shame to stop him from screwing with his IV port

Again, why are my parents phones taking pictures at 640 x 360 in tyool 2023? Who knows.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Please. Please. I’m begging. Come up with something new and stop loving remaking everything. For fucks sake.

Would take studios to stop being public companies and slaves to quarterly earnings.

:capitalism:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Would take studios to stop being public companies and slaves to quarterly earnings.

:capitalism:

I know. It’s all just so loving stupid.

“I have an idea. What if Magnum PI, but no mustache, Higgins is a hot chick and they’re loving?”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

80s movies supremacy because you could just come up with loving whatever and get funding for it

“Yeah space aliens use video games to recruit pilots to fight a bunch of bad guys. It’s like Star Wars with more cocaine”

“Love it”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Little Monsters would never be made today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we're in danger of sounding like boomers reminiscing or whatever but the 80s was definitely a weird time for kids movies

Artax drowning is probably the reason I cry during EVERY SINGLE HORSE MOVIE

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Always weird to watch an 80's kid movie and they are throwing around gay slurs to show casual banter between a bunch of 10 year olds. It is probably not historically incorrect, but it feels weird to hear a hard F slur 20 times in a PG movie made for 9 year olds.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Flight of the navigator will forever rule

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it is pretty funny to lament the death of original ideas and how studios do nothing but pump out remakes, sequels and adaptations and then reminisce on the golden age of the 80s, the time when Hollywood rediscovered its love of pumping out sequels to poo poo and turning things into franchises

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Flight of the navigator will forever rule

That was a 70s movie, actually.

Explorers was an 80s movie about a bunch of kids receiving designs to build a space ship. It also starred River Phoenix and Ethan Hawke in their first acting roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The effects in Batteries not included were awesome to me as a child.

They probably hold up perfectly, no reason to check.