Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure you go to Jellyrolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the last time you went was 4 years ago, Space 220 is new.

15 may be too old to really care about the gimmick though. A lot of people think it's overpriced, and objectively yeah you can get the same meal for a lot less outside of Disney... but that's true for every meal at Disney. I got the upgrade lobster and it was still very good.

That said, if the eating in space gimmick doesn't appeal to him I'd skip it.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ohhh I forgot about Space 220. He would like that.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Flying fish is always a great meal but it can be a little pricey.
Beaches and cream never disappoints.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Hxkxw_3Is

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That was very Josh Gad. Not good, not bad. Just flat-line average.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

That was very Josh Gad. Not good, not bad. Just flat-line average.

One might say, Gadverage

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Meanwhile, man tells audience that building permits can influence what movies get shown around the world.

Not that he's running for higher office or anything.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-desantis-stacks-new-disney-oversight-board-with-his-donor-pals

quote:

DeSantis suggested Monday that the board might push for a say in Disney’s content if the corporation wants its tax-friendly home base to remain as is.

“When you lose your way, you gotta have people that are going to tell you the truth,” DeSantis said. “All these board members very much would like to see the type of entertainment that all families can appreciate.”

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 1, 2023

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
jfc

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Smart of him to open it to a First Amendment challenge like that.

It's definitely all part of his multi-dimensional hyperchess and not just him being a stupid fascist at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s just outright saying it’s retaliation and everyone is fine with it lol

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Apparently there was an employee at the press conference who maybe had some idea what he was talking about?

WaPo:

quote:

Though the board is tasked with overseeing duties such as sewage treatment and road maintenance at Disney’s properties, DeSantis suggested Monday that he is also expecting it to act as a sort of moral arbiter for the company he has described as a “woke Burbank corporation” that is “trying to inject woke ideology” on children.

The board doesn’t have direct power over the creative content Disney produces, such as movies and characters and rides. But because the new appointees hold purse strings over infrastructure projects, they could influence Disney’s decisions.

(...)

On Monday, DeSantis continued to stress his “anti-woke” agenda, inviting speakers to the bill signing who blamed Disney for producing content they characterized as dangerous. One Disney employee invited to the bill signing pointed to the show “Little Demon,” an animated series about Satan’s teen daughter that is streamed on FX Networks, a subsidiary of Disney Entertainment. The show has drawn criticism from conservative Christian activists.

I guess Satan is what is 'woke' now. At any rate I highly doubt any FX show is represented in a park.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 2, 2023

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
He’s just trying to set it up so that he can claim he took on the mouse and won.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Or so the Supreme Court over-rules it and he can make a big noise about being "silenced by liberal activist judges".

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The U.S. Supreme Court? They're majority conservative.

Anyway, Mando and Grogu appeared in Hollywood Studios today. I may have to rethink my plans for my trip next week to include a stop at DHS. It's too bad it's completely unpredictable when or if characters will show up...right?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yes.

But since when do facts matter?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Nanigans posted:

The U.S. Supreme Court? They're majority conservative.

Anyway, Mando and Grogu appeared in Hollywood Studios today. I may have to rethink my plans for my trip next week to include a stop at DHS. It's too bad it's completely unpredictable when or if characters will show up...right?

My friend referred to it as a secret transport operation so I’m not sure their appearances are going to be a regular appearance.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Cais posted:

My friend referred to it as a secret transport operation so I’m not sure their appearances are going to be a regular appearance.

:smith:

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Good news!

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1631016111662682120?s=20

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

:unsmith:

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

I know there's a similar AP version of this, but honestly they should sell a park hopper mid tier that is just "Gets you into Epcot and nowhere else after 2pm" and I'm kinda surprised they don't do that given it's the only park with rotating festivals

They got rid of that AP option :( We were going to downgrade our annual passes from Gold to the Epcot-only pass, since that's the park we frequent, but nope. Their new tiers of passes suck in comparison and I'm still trying to convince my husband to just let us drop Disney passes for a while and keep Universal only. I've been rather meh on Disney after all the post-covid changes.

Though we did just get off the Wish for my 40th bday cruise. It was me, my husband, and our 16-year-old exchange student. I really enjoyed the cruise for the most part, but I think that may be a one-and-done cruise line for me, unless we end up having a younger child along in the future. I loved everything about the cruise and the ship except for the sheer amount of misbehaving children on board. I knew it would have a ton of kids and I like kids, so I was fine with it, but holy poo poo parents just flat out let their children run mad all over the ship and Castaway Cay without a care for how it affects others. Whenever we escaped to the adult-only areas or events, it was great, but dinners/shows/everything else was just a madhouse.

Edit: It was a packed 3 night cruise. I think the sheer amount of wild children and parents who could not care less about their kid's behavior would be a lot more tolerable on a longer cruise.

stabbity fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 2, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m in town to see friends but I have a pass, and we have no plans until 5:30 so…

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
"Hey Mando, do you know where the bathroom is?"
"This is the way..." *gestures*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

couldcareless posted:

"Hey Mando, do you know where the bathroom is?"
"This is the way..." *gestures*

If he used “this is the way” to ask people to move out of his path it would be perfect.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Z-ov0BJ74

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1631338710489866258?s=20

Ok.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I mean, that cast is absurdly good so I'm in just for that. Gonna be hard to top the Muppet adaptation though

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm really glad Mando and Grogu are allowed to appear in DHS now. Based on what I knew around the Starcruiser launch, I'm guessing they decided it didn't make sense to continue with the "time lock" thing specifically between the TLJ and RoS movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I imagine that’s why the marketplace is his territory at the moment. Nobody gets a photo with Mando in front of the Falcon.

But really it’s probably for crowding mainly.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I thought this Haunted Mansion movie was going to be a more serious effort? Instead this seems to be a comedy yet again. It also has that "we're not taking this too seriously 😉😉" tone that permeates everything Disney puts out these days. Not impressed.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

reappropriated Quantumnmania spoilers for Haunted Mansion

Danny Devito telling the Ghost Host he doesn't have to be a dick. Ghost Host then re-dies a hero by taking on whatever the villain is while screaming "I'm not a dick!"

3/5 Stars

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I don't like the weird improvisational style that's in every comedy film these days, but I think horror comedy is the right tone to strike for a movie like this. Haunted Mansion isn't supposed to be scary!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I’m happy Lakeith Stanfield is (presumably) getting a huge payday. Dude certainly deserves it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Boxman posted:

I’m happy Lakeith Stanfield is (presumably) getting a huge payday. Dude certainly deserves it.

He is probably my favorite star from Atlanta and his career has a lot of gems. Dude earned an easy and hopefully fun paycheck here.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
It's going well in FL!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020995&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=147#post530216257

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I was gay before I had the florida water, god drat it. If anything, it made me like dudes enough to marry my spouse.

fuckin' het water

It really isn't hard to make a Haunted Mansion movie and I have no idea why they keep loving it up.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I was gay before I had the florida water, god drat it. If anything, it made me like dudes enough to marry my spouse.

fuckin' het water

It really isn't hard to make a Haunted Mansion movie and I have no idea why they keep loving it up.

How dare you speak poorly of the Muppets

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just tell me what’s in the water that makes me think it’s ok to spend 15 bucks on a giant Rice Krispie treat.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
It’s the sweet sweet sugar and magic that makes me buy overpriced shirts and meals

I finished the half! Weather was perfect and running through the castle and seeing my friends cheer for me on Main Street was pretty cool. Now insane enough to consider the WDW full in January.

Also, hitting the parks post race meant I did 20.55 miles Sunday and 11.44 on Monday. So I’m truly an idiot as I limped around with my medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
It baffles me on this take, piss off the mouse enough they will abandon Florida to the swamp it is. I frankly would love to see it.