Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Which racing game has the best and most music? Been playing and enjoying NFS Heat but I'm sick of hearing the same like ten songs.

Gotta be the Forza Horizons. Great soundtracks, and more coming with the DLC. They're bringing back the punk station from FH3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kecske posted:

nine inch nails did quake 1s soundtrack, that was the day I learned that some game discs could be played through a stereo to listen to the music

The reverse was also sometimes true, as I delightfully learned when I fired up AVP's horde mode while I had a Megadeth cd in the disc drive. :black101:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Looks like Wo Long is a solid 8/10 from the reviewers, looking forward to having another Soulslike to get mad at https://opencritic.com/game/14367/wo-long-fallen-dynasty

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Kentucky Route Zero is available on phones/tablets for "free" with Netflix.

I've had Paradise Killer downloaded forever. Is that worth going through before it leaves?

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

I've had Paradise Killer downloaded forever. Is that worth going through before it leaves?

For me it's one of the top 10 games I played last year, but if you're not vibing with the style in the first hour or so you can safely move on.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I did not like KRZ.

Fartington Butts posted:

Oof. Maybe? I enjoyed it and more or less 100%ed it, but it's a weird one. Really janky, but fun to exploit, platforming. Big, fun to explore environments. Charmingly bizarre story. Stellar music, I played it years ago and the soundtrack still pops into my head every now and then. Give it a shot.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

prom candy posted:

Looks like Wo Long is a solid 8/10 from the reviewers, looking forward to having another Soulslike to get mad at https://opencritic.com/game/14367/wo-long-fallen-dynasty

Didnt know about this game so this is neat. Downloading now.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hot take incoming: The multiplayer in CrossfireX sucks.

I figured I would give it a whirl since it is going away soon and the campaign was a decent romp. I've played more FPS games than probably any other genre and can look past some flaws in games, but this is definitely towards the bottom of the barrel. Everything looks and feels generic right down to the gunfire and explosions and there is this bizarre "judder" effect when you land hits on someone. Even the achievements are odd. One of the last ones I'm going to end up getting is playing 100 total matches, but a win counts as two matches played. Ok...sure. I guess.

I already have most of the achievements, so I'm going to mop up the last ones I need, but then I'm going to uninstall and move right onto Knockout City.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fallout New Vegas 2 or remake or GTFO

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Hot take incoming: The multiplayer in CrossfireX sucks.

I figured I would give it a whirl since it is going away soon and the campaign was a decent romp. I've played more FPS games than probably any other genre and can look past some flaws in games, but this is definitely towards the bottom of the barrel. Everything looks and feels generic right down to the gunfire and explosions and there is this bizarre "judder" effect when you land hits on someone. Even the achievements are odd. One of the last ones I'm going to end up getting is playing 100 total matches, but a win counts as two matches played. Ok...sure. I guess.

I already have most of the achievements, so I'm going to mop up the last ones I need, but then I'm going to uninstall and move right onto Knockout City.

do you know what a hot take is

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Seems like big news. Have to see what the cma says now.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1631322623190913024

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do you know what a hot take is

:thejoke:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sekiro on gamepass :pray:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

sekiro on gamepass :pray:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I'm so excited to stop hearing about this deal. And also I hope they grab some Japanese publishers/developers soon. Sega would be best, but Square Enix would be funniest.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope sony buys ubisoft and takes all their crap rear end games off the Xbox shop!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poopisoft

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

(i hope MS buys the Splinter Cell rights first)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hope they keep cod on playstation but when they boot it up they have to write a 500 word essay on why buying a PS5 instead of an Xbox series x hampered their life.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I hope they keep cod on playstation but when they boot it up they have to write a 500 word essay on why buying a PS5 instead of an Xbox series x hampered their life.

Chat GPT to the rescue once again

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I still think it is extremely funny that The Show is included on GamePass and not PS+ Extra, and now Call of Duty will be too

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dreamcast games on Game Pass pls, kthx.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

paradise killer can be finished in like 8-10 hours and has one of the best soundtracks in recent memory. fun, janky detective game with super cool vibes and a neat story. definitely check it out before it leaves game pass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i didn't like paradise killer but it's worth playing. main problem is the actual murder mystery sucks rear end

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Alright I'm sold on Paradise Killer. Gettin' mighty bored of Atomic Fart anyways

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Soul Glo posted:

I still think it is extremely funny that The Show is included on GamePass and not PS+ Extra, and now Call of Duty will be too

It is wild and I would love to see what kind of licensing agreement lead to this.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Professor Beetus posted:

It is wild and I would love to see what kind of licensing agreement lead to this.

I know it started with the MLB threatening Sony to remove the license if the game wasn’t sold through as many platforms as possible, and then Xbox independently solicited the MLB for the GamePass contract.

Sony got rolled twice, and got absolutely pantsed the second time, so good.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Final Fantasy VII Remake stuff is finally available on Xbox…

…via Powerwash Simulator DLC.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/02/powerwash-simulator-fight-grime-in-the-world-of-final-fantasy-with-the-free-midgar-special-pack/

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
The completion stats of Kentucky Route Zero look brutal, just finished Act II and got a rare achievement (3.77%). People would rather play Batman and his clown girlfriend's microtransaction adventures than original games. Sad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

people would rather play fun games instead of boring-rear end A24 walking sims, methinks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Paradise Killer is a game that is way more than the sum of its parts because its parts are intriguingly different and weird. I absolutely adored it start to finish but within the first 30 minutes you'll know if you're gonna tap out or not.

It also, unfortunately, isn't too hard to stumble on how the crime was done while bypassing 90% of the rest of the investigative elements which is kind of weird where you have the answer so your checklist is filling in now meaningless details.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

people would rather play fun games instead of boring-rear end A24 walking sims, methinks
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Everything has to be "fun". I don't like it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there might be another console for you, if those are the sort of "games" you're interested in... i shan;t name it here though

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Omon Ra posted:

The completion stats of Kentucky Route Zero look brutal, just finished Act II and got a rare achievement (3.77%). People would rather play Batman and his clown girlfriend's microtransaction adventures than original games. Sad.

I don't like superhero junk yeah but I'd play that over the KRZ snoozefest any day. It's like reading a Vonnegut book one sentence per minute.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
people are like "oh you gotta play this game it's really really good" and it turns out it's just a bad genre novel made in unity

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I was waiting for this to drop so thanks! The Tomb Raider DLC was fun and I'm looking forward to this Midgar stuff.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SpiderLink posted:

I'm so excited to stop hearing about this deal.

I think it's really funny because both companies are trying so hard to sound like they're disastrous failures and the back-and-forth of "We suck" "No, we suck more!" is pretty comical. I think the latest aside from the EU seeming happy, basically everyone in the industry except Sony supporting the acquisition and the FTC striking down Sony pretty hard in court is Sony's cries that they would struggle to fund development of first party games and even invest in hardware because they're so reliant on COD lol. I wonder how Microsoft can respond to that bombshell? Maybe Mattrick has already received a call? Perhaps Molyneux is dusting off Milo in preparation? Factories could be receiving shipments of the wrong RAM as we speak :stare:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the next Xbox upgrade will be the power brick with a gpu inside it

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

I think it's really funny because both companies are trying so hard to sound like they're disastrous failures and the back-and-forth of "We suck" "No, we suck more!" is pretty comical. I think the latest aside from the EU seeming happy, basically everyone in the industry except Sony supporting the acquisition and the FTC striking down Sony pretty hard in court is Sony's cries that they would struggle to fund development of first party games and even invest in hardware because they're so reliant on COD lol. I wonder how Microsoft can respond to that bombshell? Maybe Mattrick has already received a call? Perhaps Molyneux is dusting off Milo in preparation? Factories could be receiving shipments of the wrong RAM as we speak :stare:

Oh yeah, we've had some interesting developments lately but it's been going on so long at this point and we've hardly gotten any dirty laundry! It's definitely my fault for spending so much time online though, can't blame anybody else for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm tapping out on Hi Fi Rush on level 4 because the levels are just not good imo. Maybe it gets better on level 5 but I'm just not enjoying it and when I'm away I don't feel the need to come back to play.

Main complaint is that my man Chai moves too slow through these long endless hallways. The platforming is just not good, puzzles are kind of annoying. Traveling through the level should be way more fun... The dash and the double jump don't "feel" good to me.
I'm no game designer but I don't remember Bayonetta feeling like this.

It's weird because everything else is A+. I just did not enjoy the level design. Combat is ok. I didn't really love the rhythm combat system, for me it adds an extra layer of anxiety and instead of putting me in the zone like DMC did, I'm like "Ahhhh gotta hit that beat, do I punch now or ???" but it's alright, I appreciate them trying something new.

The animation and style is incredibly good, looks amazing and it's worth checking out for that alone. Story is fine, funny dialogue sometimes. Voice actors are wonderful.

The game talks about having an amazing licensed soundtrack, but I constantly wondered where it was. I mean a couple NIN songs showed up, which was... nice? But traveling through the levels, it was always some rando original OST, which wasn't bad but I kept checking if I had enabled streamer mode... For a music based game, I expected a lot more. I think even Guardians of the Galaxy had a lot more licensed, famous songs.

Anyway, can't miss trying it for free on GamePass, maybe you'll enjoy it, I definitely did not go crazy for it but I appreciate the effort