Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

RichterIX posted:

Has anyone had trouble with the Plex Android app losing control of a casting device? I can still use the Google Home app to control the video but the Plex App controls no longer work even though the casting icon is lit up and it is still showing accurate progress on the playtime bar. I have given the app unrestricted battery access thinking that when the phone went to sleep it was losing control of the chromecast but that hasn't fixed it (and also doesn't make sense because Google Home still controls it just fine).

Yeah, I have that problem all the time. Haven't been able to narrow down exactly what makes it happen though, nor does it occur often enough to really bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Motronic posted:

Probably because you don't have a reason to post about a non-issue.

I'm having 0 problems.

:same:

Violator
May 15, 2003

Bonzo posted:

This now goes to a 404. What was it?

I'm assuming it's this:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/lastpass-hackers-infected-employees-home-computer-and-stole-corporate-vault/

Supposedly somehow a Plex vulnerability led to the LastPass hack. This is Plex's response:

quote:

Update Wed March 1 9:06 AM: A day after this post went live, a Plex representative wrote in an email: “We have not been contacted by LastPass so we cannot speak to the specifics of their incident. We take security issues very seriously, and frequently work with external parties who report issues big or small using our guidelines and bug bounty program. When vulnerabilities are reported following responsible disclosure we address them swiftly and thoroughly, and we’ve never had a critical vulnerability published for which there wasn’t already a patched version released. And when we’ve had incidents of our own, we’ve always chosen to communicate them quickly. We are not aware of any unpatched vulnerabilities, and as always, we invite people to disclose issues to us following the guidelines linked above. Given recent articles about the LastPass incident, although we are not aware of any unpatched vulnerabilities, we have reached out to LastPass to be sure.”

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well, guess I'll have to revisit it then. I was never able to get satisfactory results when I last tested it.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Violator posted:

I'm assuming it's this:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/lastpass-hackers-infected-employees-home-computer-and-stole-corporate-vault/

Supposedly somehow a Plex vulnerability led to the LastPass hack. This is Plex's response:

lol if this is yet another "lastpass showing it's rear end" moment. Arstechnica should probably put a big fat loving asterixis by any info they get from any lastpass employee.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I don't know anything but cybersecurity but how would you even use Plex to gain access to the rest of someone's computer? Can you load a plugin or something remotely if you can gain access to the web interface of someone's server as the administrator?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

RichterIX posted:

I don't know anything but cybersecurity but how would you even use Plex to gain access to the rest of someone's computer? Can you load a plugin or something remotely if you can gain access to the web interface of someone's server as the administrator?

There's a category of attacks called "remote exploits" that are surely covered all over the Internet by people better at explaining than I am going to do in a forums post. But one fairly common example is that poorly-verified input can result in the processor executing whatever program the remote user sends over.

I actually made a game version of exactly this that you can try out at https://www.woozle.org/toys/triscit/, but without any expert assistance it may not make any sense at all. But in case it does: it is possible to provide input that causes the machine to catch fire.

This isn't just some fantasy simulation, it's a simplified version of how actual buffer overflows work.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

toplitzin posted:

Manually changing the resolution via playback settings (480/720/1080) either gets ignored and still appears to direct play/4k or it shits itself/spins on buffering.
I was having this happen for a while until I fixed my transcoding. Take a look at your logs for a hint about what is happening. I've only done this with quicksync, but I'm guessing you need to sort out some drivers.

I forget if I fixed it by installing drivers from a non-free repo or by setting up a real transcode directory on an ssd instead of to ram.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

toplitzin posted:

Disabling Direct Play under plex web and launching 4k content is streaming it down in SD/160p, barely using any bandwidth:
Plex Web — Chrome
Playing—2:38 / 1:43:38
Indirect—2 Mbps
Video
4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10) (hw)
SD (H264)—Transcode (hw)
Audio
English (EAC3 5.1)
AAC—Transcode

Direct play/local will hit 100s of Mbps:

Manually changing the resolution via playback settings (480/720/1080) either gets ignored and still appears to direct play/4k or it shits itself/spins on buffering.

Playback over VPN gets Mbps and direct streams but on and off buffering:
85 Mbps
Video
4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10)
Direct Stream
Audio
English (EAC3 5.1)
AAC—Transcode

I still think something's fucky somewhere.
I can't *quite* parse if you're doing this intentionally for a test or this is how you have it configured, but if it's saying "indirect" the client can't connect to the open port. i.e. a port forwarding issue. This will make it run over plex's servers, and as it's not an intentional use case its limited to about 0.2mbit.

One other possible problem with your config is you're using a VM. Hardware encoding doesn't work in a VM even in you can get it to say it does. If you're passing thru the GPU (you don't say) then it can and should work, but I'd start diagnosis here.

If you aren't passing thru the GPU, you can't encode 4K HDR10 fast enough to serve users. HDR tonemapping needs HW support.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Khablam posted:

I can't *quite* parse if you're doing this intentionally for a test or this is how you have it configured, but if it's saying "indirect" the client can't connect to the open port. i.e. a port forwarding issue. This will make it run over plex's servers, and as it's not an intentional use case its limited to about 0.2mbit.

One other possible problem with your config is you're using a VM. Hardware encoding doesn't work in a VM even in you can get it to say it does. If you're passing thru the GPU (you don't say) then it can and should work, but I'd start diagnosis here.

If you aren't passing thru the GPU, you can't encode 4K HDR10 fast enough to serve users. HDR tonemapping needs HW support.

I was forcing indirect/off lan for testing with local clients as "external" by hopping on my VPN.
Only remote users (the parents) are having the issue at the moment.
Local playback ends up as a directplay on both web clients and the Shield.
I've also tried it with "treat WAN as LAN" with no effect.

HW GPU passthrough direct to the Plex VM.
580 drivers for *nix installed direct from Nvidia.
Nvenc patch installed to remove the 2 stream limit.
Confirmed with nvidia-smi that there are multiple threads running.

CopperHound posted:

I was having this happen for a while until I fixed my transcoding. Take a look at your logs for a hint about what is happening. I've only done this with quicksync, but I'm guessing you need to sort out some drivers.

I forget if I fixed it by installing drivers from a non-free repo or by setting up a real transcode directory on an ssd instead of to ram.

Going over the transcoder logs from yesterday, nothing jumps out as an error but I have no context.
hvec fails with vaapi (makes sense b/c no Intel transcoding), but then switched to nvdec/cuda and works.
[Req#bc32/Transcode] Codecs: dummy-frame test succeeded

Seems to mention throttling/sloth mode here and there, but exits back out of it pretty quickly.
<StateReports type="sloth">
<State startTime="4163" endTime="5269" slothMode="1" />
<State startTime="5269" endTime="5686" slothMode="0" />
<State startTime="5686" endTime="8830" slothMode="1" />
<State startTime="8830" endTime="9235" slothMode="0" />
<State startTime="9235" endTime="13885" slothMode="1" />
<State startTime="13885" endTime="14293" slothMode="0" />
<State startTime="14293" endTime="69186" slothMode="1" />
<State startTime="69186" endTime="69611" slothMode="0" />
<State startTime="69611" endTime="196081" slothMode="1" />
<State startTime="196081" endTime="196480" slothMode="0" />

Fair amount of playing/buffering in the logs as well:
<Playback startTime="362778" endTime="363850" state="playing" progress="130000" />
<Playback startTime="363850" endTime="372777" state="buffering" progress="131000" />
<Playback startTime="372777" endTime="379812" state="buffering" progress="131000" />
<Playback startTime="379812" endTime="382686" state="playing" progress="131000" />
<Playback startTime="382686" endTime="392692" state="playing" progress="134000" />
<Playback startTime="392692" endTime="402690" state="playing" progress="144000" />
<Playback startTime="402690" endTime="408296" state="playing" progress="154000" />
<Playback startTime="408296" endTime="412778" state="buffering" progress="159000" />
<Playback startTime="412778" endTime="422088" state="buffering" progress="159000" />
<Playback startTime="422088" endTime="422687" state="playing" progress="159000" />
<Playback startTime="422687" endTime="432691" state="playing" progress="160000" />
<Playback startTime="432691" endTime="433538" state="playing" progress="170000" />
<Playback startTime="433538" endTime="442687" state="buffering" progress="170000" />
<Playback startTime="442687" endTime="623520" state="buffering" progress="170000" />

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

toplitzin posted:

I was forcing indirect/off lan for testing with local clients as "external" by hopping on my VPN.

Indirect and WAN are two different things. I have remote users and none of them connect indirectly. An indirect connection means you're getting proxied through official Plex relays.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but am I missing something or are nvidia Shields and Shield Pros the only thing that can actually passthrough all common movie audio formats? It seems Apple TV 4k and Chromecast with Google TV can't do any DTS (normal or DTS-HD), and no lossless (TrueHD) Dolby either. And Roku Ultra can do lossy DTS but no DTS-HD or TrueHD.

With my Chromecast with Google TV Plex seems to convert DTS to something my receiver sees as "multi-channel in", which maybe (hopefully?) in practice results in a similar mix as if the DTS was passed through to the receiver, but still it's a bit disappointing that even premium options like the Apple TV (and even the Roku) aren't supporting all the major formats. This has me considering moving to a Shield for my main TV with the nice surround setup even though they're 3X+ the price of the CCwGTV.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dr. Poz posted:

Indirect and WAN are two different things. I have remote users and none of them connect indirectly. An indirect connection means you're getting proxied through official Plex relays.

Port's open, and the server always says it's reachable.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Splinter posted:

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but am I missing something or are nvidia Shields and Shield Pros the only thing that can actually passthrough all common movie audio formats? It seems Apple TV 4k and Chromecast with Google TV can't do any DTS (normal or DTS-HD), and no lossless (TrueHD) Dolby either. And Roku Ultra can do lossy DTS but no DTS-HD or TrueHD.

With my Chromecast with Google TV Plex seems to convert DTS to something my receiver sees as "multi-channel in", which maybe (hopefully?) in practice results in a similar mix as if the DTS was passed through to the receiver, but still it's a bit disappointing that even premium options like the Apple TV (and even the Roku) aren't supporting all the major formats. This has me considering moving to a Shield for my main TV with the nice surround setup even though they're 3X+ the price of the CCwGTV.

That’s right, the Shield is the only device that can do lossless audio properly. Apps like Infuse on AppleTV can play DTS/Atmos metadata properly, but not lossless without converting it.

I’ve contemplated getting a Shield, but the price and general complaints over on the shield subreddit have always stopped me. I use Plex in addition to streaming services (often with Atmos movies), so it’s been hard to justify at the end of the day. My equipment could handle TrueHD, but not DTS HD.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 3, 2023

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I got a shield pro after much consternation and fighting with multiple devices (ps5, Roku, roku 4k ultra) to actually play any of my 4k/lossless content. More pointedly the DTS/Atmos stuff would buffer so badly from the audio transcoding.

Once I had the shield pro, it worked great.
I also use it for steam streaming (3070 + large g-sync LG tv is :discourse: ), which apart from attempting to use an Elite controller it has been flawless. That and the stupid Netflix button.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I've got an original model shield, and other than needing a new remote (triangle better!), it's been rock solid. It only ever gets to pass stereo... good to know about it's direct passthrough capabilities though.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

toplitzin posted:

Only remote users (the parents) are having the issue at the moment.

This sticks out. The Plex client, by default, is configured to stream remote video at 2Mbps. I know you said you set WAN as LAN which should work around this frustrating client default but it's worth testing out.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

toplitzin posted:

Port's open, and the server always says it's reachable.

That doesn't answer the question you've been asked twice and have given answers to different questions back twice.
Does your plex server say indirect connection?
Regardless of whether plex thinks it's got an open connection or not, "indirect" means it does not.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

cruft posted:

It used to be common advice that once someone has local access to your machine, it's just a matter of time before they have administrative access. I wouldn't count on Linux cgroups (the technology that enables Docker) being effective at isolating a determined attacker from escalating privilege.

Look into Podman. It is mostly a drop in replacement for docker (an in, you can run 99% of Docker commands through it just by changing the name of the program you're running) and it has a much better rootless mode than Docker offers, as well as no root-level daemon. When Red Hat salespeople go to conventions to promote Podman, they always mention how nuts it is that Docker's convenience normalized downloading stuff packaged by total strangers and running it as root.

It requires a little extra work if you use Compose (there's two different solutions for that, one is a Compose clone and the other is a layer that interprets commands from native Compose), an extra flag if you want to use Linuxserver.io images, and if you want to use Compose AND their images you might be out of luck. But for a couple years I ran plenty of their containers rootlessly on Podman before Portainer wooed me to Docker.

That said, even if you don't use Compose, the original vision for Podman is that you use systemd services (it can create container specific services for you) and then the systemctl commands to enable auto start and manually control them, just like you would containelesss Plex. To have a rootless container run as a user start on bootup, you will need to make sure that linger is enabled on the user that owns the container.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 3, 2023

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Khablam posted:

That doesn't answer the question you've been asked twice and have given answers to different questions back twice.
Does your plex server say indirect connection?
Regardless of whether plex thinks it's got an open connection or not, "indirect" means it does not.

There is no rhyme or reason to when it pops up as an indirect connection.

My local app client connections have not come up as indirect since I initially configured the port fw in my router.

I can log in with a web client and get direct. I can login at Plex.tv and get a direct connection. I can refresh the page at plex.tv and get indirect. Same with my VPN client on.

I can sometimes use two computers next to each other and get one direct and one indirect at the same time on my LAN

I have gotten the SAME computer to connect both directly and indirectly through different browsers.
Edge left Brave right:

My sister's TV connects both in/directly. Parents TV on the same network/house appears to be connecting indirectly based on the 2mb/s.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 3, 2023

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

toplitzin posted:

There is no rhyme or reason to when it pops up as an indirect connection.

My local app client connections have not come up as indirect since I initially configured the port fw in my router.

I can log in with a web client and get direct. I can login at Plex.tv and get a direct connection. I can refresh the page at plex.tv and get indirect. Same with my VPN client on. I can sometimes use two computers next to each other and get one direct and one indirect at the same time on my lan.

My sister's TV connects directly. Parents TV on the same network/house appears to be connecting indirectly based on the 2mb/s.
Taking that as read, the issue is definitely network related rather than plex related. If you say you're getting the issue on the same lan, there's something in the plex <-> virtual network adapter <-> real network adapter chain that's not working right. Whatever VPN you're using might be turning on/off network adapters or you may always be connecting through a virtual adapter it creates.
If you can, try loading the existing VM image on a different and vanilla as possible host as this might hint which side the issue is on.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I've disabled relay for the time being to see if that results in direct connections or connection failures for the external clients.
I also gave the VM a hard set DNS entry instead of going through my pi-hole based on a few different reddit posts i found as well.
(I have now broken the cardinal rule of troubleshooting by changing two things at once)

Refreshing the browser instance that was indirect first popped "sorry no connection" then 30s is now direct.

Will ask the parents to test again later today.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dad's still showing on the server side as "remote" and also getting playback errors.

I'm starting to lean more on "your poo poo's effed Dad" either network or client.
Going to ask another friend to test while I'm looking at it right now.

Edit: after a few more tries, Dad's now getting 95MB/s.

Asking my neighbor to test, and he seems to be getting 2MB/s even with relay off.
I had him try again, going direct to http://myip:32400/web and he's watching Dune, yet my dashboard shows no activity.
:iiam:

went back to plex.tv and he's back to 2mb/s and transcoding down to 2Mbps.

On the plus side, Dad's happy.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 3, 2023

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

toplitzin posted:

I got a shield pro after much consternation and fighting with multiple devices (ps5, Roku, roku 4k ultra) to actually play any of my 4k/lossless content. More pointedly the DTS/Atmos stuff would buffer so badly from the audio transcoding.

Once I had the shield pro, it worked great.
I also use it for steam streaming (3070 + large g-sync LG tv is :discourse: ), which apart from attempting to use an Elite controller it has been flawless. That and the stupid Netflix button.

I wonder if/when Nvidia will finally refresh it or give it a price cut - I just feel silly spending $200 on a box that was released 4 years ago and costs more than a Series S ($150 through Verizon this week).

It feels like most Shield users are using it more as a Plex box than a gaming box - maybe Nvidia considers it a failure?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Corb3t posted:

I wonder if/when Nvidia will finally refresh it or give it a price cut - I just feel silly spending $200 on a box that was released 4 years ago and costs more than a Series S ($150 through Verizon this week).

It feels like most Shield users are using it more as a Plex box than a gaming box - maybe Nvidia considers it a failure?

Funny that Nvidia lists it on their own site at $179, but every single link they provide is $200. (amazon, BB, newegg, Walmart).
That's hosed up.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I would try to avoid purchasing a shield TV pro now. It still has the same 3GB of RAM the original launched with in 2015 and that is really going to limit the longevity of it.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Do you think there's much risk of a feature that requires more memory that would be a deal breaker for someone? It's already doing 4K and upscaling... What else might a normal user need?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Really just the android OS itself bloating up over time. The current Pixel phones have 8GB and 12GB of memory.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

THF13 posted:

I would try to avoid purchasing a shield TV pro now. It still has the same 3GB of RAM the original launched with in 2015 and that is really going to limit the longevity of it.

I don't know if this will be a popular or unpopular opinion, but I would avoid buying a smart tv at all. You're buying into planned obsolescence when your television set comes with an networked operating system.

In my opinion, the pro move is to get a high quality "dumb" TV, and then get a shield or chromecast or whatever the hell and plug it into the HDMI CEC port. Then, when your shield or chromecast or whatever the hell is old and slow, buy a better one and keep the TV.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

cruft posted:

I don't know if this will be a popular or unpopular opinion, but I would avoid buying a smart tv at all. You're buying into planned obsolescence when your television set comes with an networked operating system.

Legitimate question: does anyone make a truly dumb TV anymore?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Nope. Not one that's worth buying anyway. This debate is kind of silly considering you can just ignore the smart TV stuff and use whatever box you want as a client.

I have a C1 and I've not used its smart features at all. My AppleTV4k is all I use.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

toplitzin posted:

went back to plex.tv and he's back to 2mb/s and transcoding down to 2Mbps.

On the plus side, Dad's happy.
Do you have anything in the "Custom server access URLs" setting?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Nothing non-commercial that I've seen.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Motronic posted:

Nothing non-commercial that I've seen.

I guess I picked up an open-box commercial TV from Best Buy without knowing it. (Not being snarky here: I'm realizing for the first time that this is likely what happened.)

Matt Zerella posted:

This debate is kind of silly considering you can just ignore the smart TV stuff and use whatever box you want as a client.

I have a C1 and I've not used its smart features at all.

How long does it take to boot up when you turn it on, and do you know the power draw when it's off? At the time I got my open box commercial TV, the answers to these questions were really off-putting, but maybe things have improved?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

CopperHound posted:

Do you have anything in the "Custom server access URLs" setting?

Nope.

I own a couple domains i could use, but i have not gotten around to it/setting up an nginx proxy in front, etc.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Nope. Not one that's worth buying anyway. This debate is kind of silly considering you can just ignore the smart TV stuff and use whatever box you want as a client.

I have a C1 and I've not used its smart features at all. My AppleTV4k is all I use.

This varies by TV-- I also have an LG which has never seen the internet and it's a fine dumb tv, at power on you see the app bar for a moment then it goes away and remembers the last input.

In my office I have a newer Samsung and it's got a 10-sec nag screen that as far as I can tell can't be turned off and takes you to an unusable app switcher

I'm sure we're only a model year or two away from built-in 5G so connection isn't an option. :negative:

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

This varies by TV-- I also have an LG which has never seen the internet and it's a fine dumb tv, at power on you see the app bar for a moment then it goes away and remembers the last input.

In my office I have a newer Samsung and it's got a 10-sec nag screen that as far as I can tell can't be turned off and takes you to an unusable app switcher

I'm sure we're only a model year or two away from built-in 5G so connection isn't an option. :negative:

Hmm. I may be sticking with commercial TVs.

Really, all I want is a great big monitor. I don't even want speakers. Just something to display what comes in on HDMI1.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

cruft posted:

I guess I picked up an open-box commercial TV from Best Buy without knowing it. (Not being snarky here: I'm realizing for the first time that this is likely what happened.)

How long does it take to boot up when you turn it on, and do you know the power draw when it's off? At the time I got my open box commercial TV, the answers to these questions were really off-putting, but maybe things have improved?

It turns on pretty quick, maybe 5 seconds? No idea about draw when it's off.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

cruft posted:

The "Nvidia Shield TV" isn't itself a TV, it's a external box you hook up with HDMI similar to the "Apple TV" boxes. It runs Android and was mainly designed for the purpose of leveraging Nvidia-related game streaming, as well as playing stock Android apps that support game pads, but due to being more powerful than typical Android boxes it's very good at media playback especially if you're whole hog on 4K Dolby Vision Lossless/Atmos audio stuff.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not for non-commercial purposes (or things like computer monitors), no. One of the reasons why modern TVs are relatively cheap for what they are (e.g. a 55" Dolby Vision TV can often be had for less than a lower resolution 30" PC monitor that doesn't support HDR) is that your usage of the smart TV features can subsidize the purchase to an extent (serving ads, general data tracking, steering you to services run by the TV manufacturer etc.).

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah I bought an LG "smart" TV and just skipped all the setup poo poo for it / never connected it to any internet and wifi and it boots up in <2-3 seconds and has never asked to connect it or anything ever since. Pretty great tbh, I don't know if this is unique to LG but I had zero issues keeping the TV dumb.