Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh hey you can be Creed in Fortnite now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
maybe you can

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Ping me when I get to be Angela or Phyllis.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

maybe you can

Anyone can, as long as they complete all the Creed quests.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

the whole band?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fogerty wouldn't sign away the rights

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

So do I have to listen to their vaguely and sometimes explicity Christian music to play as Creed or can I stick with something like Collective Soul for the soundtrack

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Everything Michael b Jordan has said about creed III basically being a live action anime has made me want to see it more.

Creed doing the Kamehameha honestly makes perfect sense

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No marth in fortnite? No sale

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1631274303634419712?t=4ZsIn7kep3J7bAt8go8qug&s=19

He made more money on insider trading than on Balan

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao this guy is wild and I like him.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Apollo?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

his kid

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are both parts of that a crime, reading the info and acting on it and would just be a crime he wasn't caught for if he didn't act on it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Are both parts of that a crime, reading the info and acting on it and would just be a crime he wasn't caught for if he didn't act on it?

It was my understanding that he acted on the insider trading, helped other people with insider trading too, and made a huge amount of money doing it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everything Michael b Jordan has said about creed III basically being a live action anime has made me want to see it more.

Creed doing the Kamehameha honestly makes perfect sense

honestly all power to him, given how DBZ and the like were originally inspired in part by stuff like Rocky. (Plucky underdog fighting big bad arrogant martial arts guys in tournaments)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

honestly all power to him, given how DBZ and the like were originally inspired in part by stuff like Rocky. (Plucky underdog fighting big bad arrogant martial arts guys in tournaments)

https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/status/1630226746598641664

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

It was my understanding that he acted on the insider trading, helped other people with insider trading too, and made a huge amount of money doing it.

Right, I'm just wondering if peeping the financial info itself is also a crime, before he has chosen to do insider trading with the information.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i never use right shift

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I use right shift for typing capital letters and left shift for key combinations that have shift in them.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I manually highlight each necessary letter and select 'change case' at the top of the toolbar, one at a time

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
never used right shift in my life. just make the enter button bigger imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think i used right shift when playing 2-player local games on one keyboard

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have a notepad doc I keep open with all of the most important capital letters and punctuation to copy paste whenever I need

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i use both... why would you only use one??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pro gamers remove extraneous keys to help make weight for competition

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

i never use right shift

let's go justin

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

use both shifts at once for ultra caps

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
any of yall ever use sticky keys or does that only exist to annoy you once per computer?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like the cpu sound

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
PC_SPEAKER

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1631386205097959441

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What do you mean it has lore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

Yeah. It rules.

Leon and Claire join Fortnite this month too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As I progress through my Metroid arc, I'm increasingly thinking that the number one thing I love is the feeling of isolation and hostility in the world. Like you're on an alien planet where you Do Not Belong. Some games (zero mission up to mother brain) completely whiff on that, some (2, fusion) nail it and I love them for it even as they have far simpler world structures than Super

fusion in particular is an interesting case in general, for me. I totally get being very disappointed in it if it's 2002 and there hasn't been a metroid since Super in 1994 and you pop in the cartridge and get a game that's about as far from being Super 2 as a metroid game can get. But I think if you know that it's doing it's own thing going in, the design works really well. It's structured closer to a zelda game than super metroid; you're under no doubt which "dungeon" you're supposed to be in, but given very little guidance within those dungeons. In general, in my recent metroid arc (prime 1 -> Dread -> metroid 2 -> am2r -> Zero Mission -> fusion -> playing prime 2 now), I'd say that fusion required probably the second-most brainpower to untangle the critical path (after prime 1). The decisions are never macro scale ("which zone do I go to") but micro scale ("which room do I go to"), but that smaller scale meant the developers felt free to put in much harder to solve navigation within zones than any of the others I've played recently. Over and over Fusion puts you in a situation where all of the ways to progress look blocked and you have to just figure it out. The solution is invariably bombing some tile, but you never have to just blind bomb everything. The zone designs are tight and cohesive and you can always logic out where the bombable tiles are, using your brain instead of brute force. I feel like they could only get away with this kind of design because you're so locked down on a macro scale. Because the player is told in no uncertain terms that the path forward is somewhere in their current zone, they sit down and think about how to proceed, rather than concluding it's a dead end and wandering off fruitlessly somewhere else.

And the atmosphere is just incredible in fusion. SA-X is really cool. The station becomes increasingly wrecked as the game progresses, with destroyed walls and doors all over the place, culminating in the power being shut off and having to restore it without being able to open doors. The ice X, the way data rooms get destroyed after you use them, forcing you deeper and deeper into the station to receive upgrades, the metroid husks in the final section, the way frozen ridley is used, all of it is just incredible building of tension. It does a great job of making you feel like you're utterly outclassed on this space station, barely clinging on as everything collapses around you.

If only the computer had about half as many lines, and if they allowed you to revisit previous zones to find sequence breaks (even if they continue to make very clear that doing so isn't needed for core progression) then it'd be the perfect game. alas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/dead-by-daylight-movie-jason-blum-james-wan-1235540749/

Blumhouse is making a Dead by Daylight movie

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The fusion zones being akin to Zelda dungeons makes a lot of sense. I used to prefer Zero missions to Fusion but replaying them back to back last year my opinion flipped and Fusion’s atmosphere won out over ZMs more streamlined progression

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe a video of a failed QTE and the cutscenes following it are what has convinced me to finally upgrade my computer so it can actually play Hi-Fi Rush.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Worth it. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

A very good decision