Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This is the chat thread for the month of March, dedicated to the Hero-King, Marth, who shares a namesake with the month.

hatty posted:

Made a Sloppy month list

Marth 1: Bendy and the Dark Revival (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 1: Brok the InvestiGator (NS, PS4, PS5, XBO)
Marth 2: Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star (NS)
Marth 2: Rune Factory 3 Special (NS)
Marth 3: void tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium 2 (NS, PS4)
Marth 3: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 7: Romancelvania (Win, PS5, XSX)
Marth 9: Caverns of Mars: Recharged (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 9: Clash: Artifacts of Chaos (Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 9: Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 9: Oni: Road to Be The Mightiest Oni (NS)
Marth 9: Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo (NS, iOS, Droid)
Marth 9: Ray'z Arcade Chronology (NS, PS4)
Marth 10: Mato Anomalies (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 14: Hot Wheels: Rift Rally (iOS, PS4, PS5)
Marth 14: The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure (Win, NS, PS4)
Marth 14: Valheim (XBO, XSX)
Marth 14: Vernal Edge (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 16: Alice Gear Aegis CS: Concerto of Simulatrix (NS, PS4, PS5)
Marth 16: The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR (PS5)
Marth 16 Post Void (NS, PS4)
Marth 17: Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (NS) A
Marth 17: WWE 2K23 (Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 21: Remnant: From the Ashes (NS)
Marth 21: Tchia (Win, PS4, PS5)
Marth 22: Have a Nice Death (Win, NS)
Marth 23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (Win, NS, PS4, PS5)
Marth 23: Omen of Sorrow (Win, NS, PS5)
Marth 23: Rakuen (NS)
Marth 23: R-Type Final 3 Evolved (PS5)
Marth 23: Storyteller (Win, NS)
Marth 24: EA Sports PGA Tour (Win, PS5, XSX)
Marth 24: Resident Evil 4 (Win, PS4, PS5, XSX)
Marth 27: 9 Years of Shadows (Win)
Marth 28: Crime Boss: Rockay City (Win)
Marth 28: The Last of Us Part I (Win)
Marth 28: MLB: The Show 23 (NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 30: Dredge (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 30: The Great War: Western Front (Win)
Marth 30: Ravenbound (Win)
Marth 30: Saga of Sins (Win, NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
Marth 31: Blade Assault (NS, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which version of fire emblem engage should I get, marth blue or Roy red?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Which version of fire emblem engage should I get, marth blue or Roy red?

Always go blue, always go marth

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this reminds me how i'm going to get granblue relink solely because of the big fantasy capes. love big fantasy capes. can't get enough of them. haven't had my fill of big fantasy capes since dragon's dogma

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

When I was playing Elden Ring, I often considered altering my armour so it would be a bit lighter for my equipment load. However, this almost always meant losing the cape. I could not ever bear to lose the cape.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Fashion over function is always the way

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

hatty posted:

Fashion over function is always the way

Thank you for the thread title btw

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was time for the Warch tyranny to end

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJyZ7lmHiM

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yeah Marty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fuckin love some of the pulls gametal gets for his various medley, wouldn't expect a ninja turtle stage theme to appear in a GameCube music medley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nNg_vflzl8&hd=1

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
smash ultimate is a dead game because marth tippers are too inconsistent

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Metis of the Hallway posted:

When I was playing Elden Ring, I often considered altering my armour so it would be a bit lighter for my equipment load. However, this almost always meant losing the cape. I could not ever bear to lose the cape.

i think they all also lost some stats when cape taken off

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

confused poyo

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

pogth

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

--------- below this line marth is over and warch has begun --------

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 1, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

always thin your paints

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
more like barf

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Could someone give me the basics, who is marth, what’s his story within the FEniverse, and why did he show up in the FE engage trailer I watched last year?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Could someone give me the basics, who is marth, what’s his story within the FEniverse, and why did he show up in the FE engage trailer I watched last year?

Marth is the protagonist of Shadow Dragon And the Blade of Light for the Nintendo Family Computer, Mystery of the Emblem for the Super Famicom (which is the original game with less chapters with a new full length campaign on top of that) and it’s remakes, which makes about four games he’s been in and why he gets top billing for spin-offs.

Marth is a cool stand ghost in Fire Emblem Engage that gives you super powers and a sentai transformation on top of that, along with most of the other protagonists of the series, but since he’s the OG he has the most presence.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone said Warth yet

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't think so.

Let me correct that.

*clears throat* Warth.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

he's kinda cute I guess but feels like a gender swapped copy of Lucina

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wartch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

main character of the first fe game, its sequel, and their respective remakes.

fe1 takes place on the continent of archanea. in the beginning there were good dragons of various elements - earth, fire, water, light (also known as divine), and darkness - but dragons just live forever with no aging and no natural death, so they were all starting to go insane. the leader of the light dragons, and all dragons, Naga, created dragonstones, which sealed the dragons power into them and turned them into basically long lived but not immortal humans. most of the dragons sealed their powers away within their respective dragon stones, but all of the earth dragons save their prince, medeus, refused. medeus aided the other dragon tribes in putting down the earth dragon tribe and sealing them away, and he watched over his sealed people as their guardian. the earth dragons were sealed away using a magic item called the fire emblem, which had a magical orb of each element embedded into it.

with this done, the dragons went into hiding, and humanity took over as the dominant race of the continent. during this time, the fire emblem was stolen from under Medeus's watch by a man named adrah, who sold the orbs as gemstones in order to fund the creation of a vast kingdom, archanea. enraged by this, and humanity's oppression of the weakened dragon race (now known as manaketes), medeus gathered a variety of manaketes and formed the dolhr empire, set on conquering the world and making dragons the dominant species once again. the nations of the world banded together, and they were able to eke out small victories, but no human had even been able to land a scratch on Medeus when he joined the battles directly. but at the pivotal battle, a hero named Anri stepped forth from nowhere, wielding the magic sword, Falchion, forged from one of Naga's teeth and granted to him by the light dragon Gotoh, as well as the Fire Emblem, which he had personally journeyed across the world to gather the orbs of and restore its full power.

Anri defeated Medeus using these magical artifacts, and sealed him away with his Earth Dragon brethren. Afterwards, he founded the kingdom of Altea. In addition, Gotoh founded the country of Khadein, a magical kingdom in the desert, to watch over humanity directly. Archanea also still existed. There's some other countries but they aren't important. Dolhr obviously doesn't exist anymore at this point. Gotoh took the Fire Emblem's orbs to Khadein, and the kingdom of Archanea took the Fire Emblem itself.

Time passed, and Gotoh gained a pupil, the sage Gharnef. However, he refused to pass on the deepest secrets of Dragon Magic to Gharnef, recognizing that no human should have that much power. Enraged by this, Gharnef stole the dark sphere of the fire emblem from Gotoh's safekeeping, and used its power to revive Medeus in the form of a twisted dark dragon. Reforming the Dolhr empire, Gharnef and Medeus once more waged war on humanity, setting their sights first on Altea, the kingdom of the man that had defeated Medeus in the first place.

Cornelius, the king of Altea, took Falchion and led an army to meet Medeus, Gharnef, and their forces, but as the battle began they were betrayed by their ally, the minor country of Gra. Gra, always jealous over the difference in military strength and economic prosperity between it and Altea, had seized the chance to take them out. Medeus was glad to welcome them into the fold after, and the two forces marched on Altea directly.

Marth, the young prince of Altea, is teleported out of the castle as its besieged by his older sister Elice.

then he goes on a big adventure where he has to find the falchion again (Gharnef stole it after Cornelius was killed), meet up with Gotoh to get magic advice, and meet up with Archanea's princess, Nyna, to get the fire emblem. With all three magic macguffins in hand, he defeated Medeus and sealed him once more. You'll notice that this game has a lot of backstory but not a ton of plot. That is because it's an NES game so the manual was just a 25 page loredump and then the game has dialog like

and then in the sequel Marth's best friend forever Hardin becomes king of Archanea but also becomes evil and this time he tries to revive Medeus instead. Also Gharnef is back again. spoilers marth uses the fire emblem and the falchion to kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HB7JYZhSzg

fire emblem, epic strategy rpg
its a tale of love and courage, transcending time

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

why couldn't the dragons just be chill

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lousy Smarth weather!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

why couldn't the dragons just be chill

whos ever heard of a chill dragon

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dragons are a metaphor for old wealth losing sight of what it means to work or earn or fight to survive, while stealing from others in a mad endless quest for more treasure to hoard at any cost

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Endorph posted:

whos ever heard of a chill dragon

Khanstant posted:

Dragons are a metaphor for old wealth losing sight of what it means to work or earn or fight to survive, while stealing from others in a mad endless quest for more treasure to hoard at any cost

i feel like comparing dragons to oligarchs is an insult to dragons

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

I feel like comparing dragons to oligarchs is an insult to dragons

I think it's a fair analogy in so far that if you're comparing them to dragons, you're also down for dragonslaying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Can't wait for Pokemon Go The gently caress To Sleep later on this summer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not a single billionaire has a giant money pit to go swimming in.

hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I think it's a fair analogy in so far that if you're comparing them to dragons, you're also down for dragonslaying

:hmmyes: you have a good point

let me find my Gram