Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

The 7th Guest posted:

it was only a matter of time before the vampire survivors bug spread to actual franchises

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2321470/Deep_Rock_Galactic_Survivor/

I am excited. Drunk bullets incoming.

The 7th Guest posted:

Humble bundle for Turkey & Syria earthquake relief: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/turkiye-syria-earthquake-relief-bundle

$35 for:

HOLY SMOKES. :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jossar posted:

DEMO - I really want to like Sailing Era, which was recommended to me as the Uncharted Waters-esque game that I should play instead of Origins. And although the overworld's a little empty, it does seem to be a mostly very good UW game revolving around trade and exploration. But when you're forced to interact with the combat systems, they're absolutely terrible. If you're the sort of player who's okay with never touching part of a game, then what's good will occupy you for dozens of hours, but I always at least hope to try and go for full mastery even if I inevitably end up wandering away and this is kind of making me have second thoughts about whether to grab the full thing.

Playing the demo I felt the same about combat but it hasn't bother me in the full game. Part of that is it feels more dynamic once you have more fleet and ship options, and part of that is I am pretty sure they sped it up in general from the demo. Over world is more than a little empty in some regions unfortunately, but it sounds like a lot of content was cut due to time constraints and hopefully might get added back in as we get closer to the console release in summer. I really like the game despite the empty areas though.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Alright I got past the general and was having a grand time fighting yellow turbans but then I got to some giant gorilla and it sucks again. His charge attack is brutal to parry. Feeling torn on this Wo Long game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Would've been somewhat more fun if the weapons had more than two moves.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Playing the demo I felt the same about combat but it hasn't bother me in the full game. Part of that is it feels more dynamic once you have more fleet and ship options, and part of that is I am pretty sure they sped it up in general from the demo. Over world is more than a little empty in some regions unfortunately, but it sounds like a lot of content was cut due to time constraints and hopefully might get added back in as we get closer to the console release in summer. I really like the game despite the empty areas though.

Hmm, well, I would still rather play this than Origins, so maybe I'll leave it as a "wait and see" game rather than removing it from my wishlist entirely.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is Plague Tale Requiem more of the same play around with fires/avoid rats or did they change the puzzle/gameplay? Just finished the first one but the story nor gameplay was that interesting. The setting was really good and technical very pretty so I went till the end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
phantom brigade makes a good first impression, but it kind of devolves into a big mess once the unit count goes up a bit. i also would like if there was a way to track when missiles will hit. you can calculate from when they are fired but there's no shortcut and there are often a whole lot of missiles in the air at once.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ulio posted:

Is Plague Tale Requiem more of the same play around with fires/avoid rats or did they change the puzzle/gameplay? Just finished the first one but the story nor gameplay was that interesting. The setting was really good and technical very pretty so I went till the end.

same gameplay, maybe slightly worse because it’s not as regimented so you’re more likely to get stuck with a crappy build

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
ZeroRanger. Lots good about this game. Two amazing bosses. Playing as a dot where you dodge dots is really good gameplay. But it's very much a shmup which is about dying to crap until you've done each level a dozen times so you can optimally spawn camp everything (this does not apply to those two super cool bosses in the game, who I really enjoy).

I think there's so much potential for dot dodging dots gameplay but shmups get so hung up on repetition and choreography. To the point that ZR (big spoiler) deletes your save so you have to repeat the game again if you lose to the true final boss. Because shmup.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 2, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
pretty sure I saw the face of god when I cleared ZR’s final boss

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Oxxidation posted:

Graphically and stylistically the game is insane. The screen shots make it look like corny 8 bit but there's so much more to it. Especially the part you're talking about which is really loving impressive.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ulio posted:

Some additions here and there but otherwise the same.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

games this month:

Meg's Monster ($15) - Today

Smaller indie RPG where you are a monster tasked with protecting a young girl and finding her mother before her magical crying causes the apocalypse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty ($60) - March 3rd

Yes it's not a AAA game without a Steam page full of screenshots that are dutch angle photo mode rather than from actual gameplay. This is functionally a followup to Nioh 1/2 but in a different setting and more parry-focused combat. Yes, that means it still has the terrible loot issues Team Ninja is infamous for. Reviews have already pointed it out. You'll just have to deal with it.

Obsidian's The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - March 7th

I decided to put Obsidian in the title so there's no confusion on this one. This includes all the DLC and claims to be 'remastered' whatever that means anymore. Existing owners of TOW will be able to upgrade at a reduced price, but they haven't shown it on the Steam page yet.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - March 8th

The Fatal Frame series finally arrives on Steam with the first-ever English localization of the Wii-only entry in the franchise. Reviews on the original were split between "this is a lost classic" and "meh"; the truth is probably somewhere inbetween, but most importantly, it's lost media no more.

PARANORMASIGHT - March 8th

Y'remember last year how Square Enix out of nowhere just plopped an FMV game on Steam by the writer of 428 Shibuya Scramble? Called The Centennial Case? They're kind of doing that again, releasing a 3D murder mystery VN out of nowhere without any marketing. This one is helmed by an oddball team of the co-director of FFXII: Revenant Wings, the character designer of The World Ends With You, and the composer of SaGa: Scarlet Grace.

(Zeno) Clash: Artifacts of Chaos - March 9th

PC's best punching franchise finally returns after a 10 year hiatus with an all-new game that continues to be a major punch-fest, but with a new setting and characters, and Soulsy world design. We'll have to see what ACE Team has learned in the years since Zeno Clash 2, as they've had some ups (Eternal Cylinder) and some downs (SolSeraph).

Figment 2: Creed Valley - March 9th

Taking place inside the human mind, the first Figment was an interesting if flawed combination of puzzle platformer, action game and musical. Figment 2 seems to basically be more of the same. One thing I'd like to see is a bit better localization in the songwriting... but it may be a while before I play this one.

Hellscreen - March 9th

In the "games that will make you feel sick" category, Hellscreen is a retro FPS that gives you a rear-view mirror and a wide FOV. Now, Hellscreen had been in the works for a while, and suddenly Hyper Demon came in with its 180 degree FOV and rear vignette, kind of took its thunder. This seems not as much of a nightmare to visually parse, although it certainly can be headache-inducing itself with its intentionally limited palette that opts for some really eye-searing reds.

Mato Anomalies - March 10th

A cyberpunk detective RPG from a formerly VR-only dev from China. I wanted to try the demo but at the time it did not have controller support, which meant for a really awkward experience on the Steam Deck. There's still no controller support listed on the Steam page, so I would maybe wait on reviews for this one, because it might need more time in the oven. I'll be playing this via Gamefly at some point in the future; not this month, however.

Mile High Taxi - March 13th

This one might not be any good but I'm gonna highlight it anyway just because there aren't a lot of Crazy Taxi clones and this one also is inspired by The Fifth Element. But, personally, I'm already doubtful. One of the things that makes Crazy Taxi timeless is its fun take on west coast city design with big hills and beaches and ramps... this game's just a bunch of skyscrapers. I mean, I get it, that's what Fifth Element was... but that doesn't exactly make for a fun world to drive around in. And certainly lacking in memorable landmarks.

The Wreck - March 14th

A narrative/CYOA game about grief-- okay yes there are a lot of these. Turns out we're a very sad and emotional generation!! The main character's mother is in the ER and the prognosis is poor, and to make matters worse, Junon herself has just gotten into a car wreck... or not. See, it's one of those time loopy stories where you can alter the past and present and try to save Junon, you probably won't be able to save the mom, and there will be emotions.

Trails to Azure - March 14th

This is it, folks. The last of the 2.5D Trails games, the end of an era. After this point it's all downhill. Savor this last supper. Lloyd and his fake-bracer cop friends are back for one more round of detective work, along with high political tension as the game takes place during the beginning of the conflict in Trails of Cold Steel, and yes, Cold Steel characters may show up here. Hopefully not Rean. if Lloyd and Rean had to share screentime together i'm not sure the world could handle such limit-breaking blandness.

Vernal Edge - March 14th

A Metroidvania with a bigger focus on splashy combat than others in the genre. Also the structure is a bit different as you'll be traveling to different islands on a mode 7 style world map, some of which are completely optional. There was definitely promise from the demo.

Mortal Sin - March 15th (EA)

If you thought Hellscreen was too easy on the eyes, how's this one feel? Mortal Sin is a first person hack and slash roguelite with a powerfully brutal aesthetic. I recall Kirk Collects (boomer shooter youtuber) had some decent things to say about it, although it looks a little janky to me. But drat games are really just kinda going buckwild with their art direction these days.

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Chapter 2 (VR) - March 21st

I don't think anyone was expecting a VR walking dead game to be any good, but it turned out to be quite a popular and meaty open world experience. This chapter also takes place in New Orleans, and in the French Quarter, so I assume you'll be able to throw bead necklaces on zombies from balconies.

Storyteller - March 21st

A simple and cute puzzle game where you are given story prompts, comic panels and characters, and have to place the characters in the proper sequence to fulfill that prompt. Each page also has secondary challenges to achieve as well, although this isn't, at least from the demo I played, a super tough game to play through. A chill experience.

Resident Evil 4 Remake - March 23rd

Hey it's that game.

Leon fights the not-really zombies of a European village and a tiny Napoleon freak in a massive glow-up from the original GameCube game. Now, if that dog doesn't show up, or the giant statue chase, then I will have to cancel this game with my woke powers. Sorry. I -do- make the rules and I will follow them without mercy.

Atelier Ryza 3 - March 23rd

Check out my keyring!! As always, another story arc ends in a trilogy, as Gust now has to figure out where to take the series next (my recommendation? a less horny direction). Ryza's "final adventure" (barring a Lulua/Sophie 2 situation) is a thighsable one, offering an open-world without loading screens (were the others like this? I haven't played them yet, but I imagine this must really be straining if not cracking and destroying Gust's engine at this point) and a new Key system shown above that gets used in exploration and combat.

Mr. Saitou - March 23rd

A narrative RPG Maker game by the developer of Rakuen, this one also features a sick boy in a hospital but you don't play as them this time. You play as an overworked office man who is being crushed by his job so much that even his fantasies have him working at an office.

9 Years of Shadows - March 27th

I'm still hestitantly excited for this one, despite a rough showing from the game's demo in October's Steam Next Fest. The developers took the feedback to heart and delayed the game in order to implement changes and fix the bugs present, so I'm hoping that this will result in a polished and solid Metroidvania experience when it finally releases this month.

Stories from the Outbreak - March 27th (EA)

I'm listing this one as at least a couple of goons spoke highly of the demo during the February Next Fest. A 16-bit styled roguelite turn-based RPG where you and your allies attempt to flee your home city and make it to a ferry heading out to Iceland.

Sifu - March 28th

The much lauded brawler from Slocap escapes Epic jail and arrives on Steam. You will fail and you will get older but wiser and better. But can you get your revenge before you become too old and fragile?

The Last of Us Pt 1 - March 28th

Now PC gamers can experience the tedium of walking, finding a ladder or a raft, then doing more walking, and then occasionally you have to fight some people before it's back to walking and finding a ladder. I don't hold as high an opinion of Naughty Dog's masterpiece as others do, and I find their choice of remaking the first game to be a bizarre decision, but it did end up with the game getting a PC port so at least there's that. If you've never played it, this is your opportunity.

Smallands - March 29th (EA)

Merge Games asks "what if Grounded was a fantasy instead?" It's a 1-10 player survival game in a giant open world where you can ride on preying mantises, fight big ants, and build homes out of twigs. Not exactly sure what this has to offer that's an improvement on Obsidian's "I Shrunk the Kids" variant of this formula, but I guess that process will work itself out in early access.

Terra Nil - March 28th

Unfuck the world in this chill reverse take on the builder genre, where you restore nature and then clean up after yourself before you leave. It's a cool concept and the demo was fun.

Vertigo 2 - March 30th (VR)

The original Vertigo was a cool little VR take on Half-Life with fun gunplay, but as you can see from the screenshot above, they're definitely taking a step forward visually from the simpler aesthetic of the original. Hopefully the combat can take the next step as well to be more visceral.

The Last Worker - March 30th (VR)

I guess the sudden influx of VR games probably has something to do with the PSVR2 now being on the market, but it's a win for existing VR owners I guess. Although, to be fair, this game and Vertigo 2 have been in the works for a while. The Last Worker first showed up officially at last year's Summer Games events, and unlike the developer's past, more horror-focused titles (Chair in a Room, Exorcist VR) this is a more comedic puzzly VR narrative game set in a future scifi capitalist hellscape.

The Great War: Western Front - March 30th

I know nothing about this but the last time I didn't include it in a list someone told me I didn't mention it. so here. I mentioned it.

DREDGE - March 30th

The problem with fishing games is that they're just too chill and not horror games. Well, Dredge is here to fix that, with an incredibly ominous atmosphere and dangers lurking in the deep. Just be careful fishing after dark..

System Shock Remake - March TBD

Imagine my surprise after all of the red flags I had felt from past demo festivals when, this past month, in drops a brand new System Shock demo, and it's everything people wanted a remake to be. It's authentic but modernized, with a look that is shiny but true to the original, and a much less obtrusive UI. Has Nightdive threaded the needle? I'm a little concerned that a specific date hasn't been listed yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if this got delayed, but for now it's here on the list.

e: some games that were slated for this month but got moved-- Supplice, and Melon Journey, got moved to April 6th. I believe Crimson Diamond was at one point targeting March but is now just "to be announced" for the release date.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 2, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Some additions here and there but otherwise the same.

I might just play it for the visuals but after a break.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've only seen some of the Plague Tale games, and I really don't understand how you're supposed to take their story seriously when the games are explicitly about loving Sharknado-esque rat tsunami's.
They seem to be very funny though.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
I haven't been paying attention to new releases for a couple months and coming back into the thread to see a big roundup of upcoming games is awesome! Thanks T7G!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

(Zeno) Clash: Artifacts of Chaos - March 9th

I wonder why they decided to omit the word 'Zeno' from the title. Is it just a complete departure from that world/characters, but they still wanted to be FPB? (First Person Brawler :v:)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Sifu - March 28th

The much lauded brawler from Slocap escapes Epic jail and arrives on Steam. You will fail and you will get older but wiser and better. But can you get your revenge before you become too old and fragile?

Played this on ESG and it's so loving good. It's one of those games that knows exactly what it's going for and nails it almost perfectly. The core gameplay loop is polished to a shine and once it clicks it's just immensely satisfying. Genuinely a GOTY contender for me. :discourse:

https://i.imgur.com/RaMHNC7.mp4

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently Phantom Brigade used to have 2d portraits for pilots but switched to recently switched to 3d models, at least for the player's team. NPCs are unchanged. This has the side effect of enemies having better looking hand-painted portraits but the important thing is I can't draw my own portraits to customize my pilots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess they are gonna nerf missiles so i'm done with the game until that patch.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oxxidation posted:

Was god a dot

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

these instructions illustrate the thing i was talking about earlier:

quote:

Switch between windows quickly:
Press and hold Alt, then tap Tab until you get to the window you want to open.

Move windows between monitors:
In the overview window, select the window you want to move.
Drag the window to the monitor you want to view it in.

In the first, the keyboard command is given though using a mouse is possible. In the second, the mouse instructions are given because there's no hotkey.

By the time people were using multiple monitors, they were operating under the assumption that no one was generally using the keyboard to interact with the OS, or at least it wasn't seen as standard. It's a big problem if Windows makes this choice, because that means although others can make hotkeys for whatever, they'll all choose different ones and there'll be no standard.

The keyboard isn't only an input controller, it's a user interface itself. Meaning that UI designers have... designed a whole user interface away. That's bonkers.

You know how they say Xmillion human work-hours have been wasted on capchas? Just imagine how tiny that is compared to the time wasted on UIs that are confusing, slow, inergonomic, (unergonomic? anergonomic? unergonomic? nonergonomic?)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why not just use Win + Shift + Arrow Left/Right to move windows instead?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Fanatical March 2023 platinum bundle
3 for $9.99/5 for $14.99/7 for $19.99

quote:

There is no light
Jack move
SuchArt
Love Esquire
Imposter factory
Gal Gun 2
Tunguska:The visitation
I see red
Bound by blade
Atone
Freebird Adventures triple pack(To the moon/a bird story/finding paradise)
Trigon
Cathedral
Lake
Perfect Gold-Yuri visual novel
Gamedec definitive edition
The letter
Chicken police-Seeing red

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess they are gonna nerf missiles so i'm done with the game until that patch.

Seems kinda odd, are they saying that they're just too strong for the player? I guess the AI isn't really gonna dash or take cover to avoid them like the player would

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

i realize you're not being serious, but i'm fine. that's not what i was trying to look up. i was trying to look up whether there's an extension in chrome that will display two separate tabs within one tab. that is, to the browser it is displaying one tab but to me it's displaying two side by side. for steam deck in gaming mode since there are no windows. anybody know? it's hard to google.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress yeah, shortcut of kings, this one

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mescal posted:

i realize you're not being serious, but i'm fine. that's not what i was trying to look up. i was trying to look up whether there's an extension in chrome that will display two separate tabs within one tab. that is, to the browser it is displaying one tab but to me it's displaying two side by side. for steam deck in gaming mode since there are no windows. anybody know? it's hard to google.

I am legitimately baffled by what you are seeking to do here, like that quote about being weighed with wet hair

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Seems kinda odd, are they saying that they're just too strong for the player? I guess the AI isn't really gonna dash or take cover to avoid them like the player would

the basic premise of the gameplay is the timeline prediction that you use to avoid enemy attacks while you attack them, and missiles just ignore all that to poo poo out mostly unavoidable damage. there are too many enemies with missiles, missiles are very strong, and you can't reliably block or evade them. the timeline system works fine for other weapon types, but right now it only tracks missiles as they are fired and not afterward. so you have to count forward from when they are fired to find the time to dash. except, half the time that doesn't actually work and they still home in through the dash and hit you anyway. and even then, due to the long range and travel time there are a lot of missiles in the air that were fired the previous turn, meaning you can't track them in any way in the current turn.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I've got an 8bitdo ultimate, and elden ring on my pc (using the 2.4g setting on the controller) shows the 'correct' prompts, and the buttons are all weird. Like I assume the bottom button (b in this case) should be select, but A is select as if it were an actual switch controller. I'm used to xbox prompts or playstation prompts. Can I somehow make it so that my pc thinks it's an xbox or ps controller and not give me weird (to me) buttons and prompts? For instance the button on the right should be dodge, it is if I use my ps controller, but it's jump when using the 8bitdo and the bottom button is dodge. Similarly I'm used to the left button being 'use item' but the left and top button are inverted so the top button is use item.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

sebmojo posted:

I am legitimately baffled by what you are seeking to do here, like that quote about being weighed with wet hair

the question is: how can i view two tabs at once, half and half, when it's not possible to manipulate windows at all. you can only view one window at a time in steam deck gaming mode.

my thought was that i want chrome to believe i'm only seeing one tab, while i'm sneakily viewing two. due to an extension. i thought it seemed like a possibility to make that work. and i reckoned that someone may have worked out a hacky extension to do this either for a similar purpose or for another purpose that would happen to work for my purpose.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mescal posted:

you can tile tabs with the chrome-based vivaldi browser, it's available on linux so it should work on steam deck

redreader posted:

I've got an 8bitdo ultimate, and elden ring on my pc (using the 2.4g setting on the controller) shows the 'correct' prompts, and the buttons are all weird. Like I assume the bottom button (b in this case) should be select, but A is select as if it were an actual switch controller. I'm used to xbox prompts or playstation prompts. Can I somehow make it so that my pc thinks it's an xbox or ps controller and not give me weird (to me) buttons and prompts? For instance the button on the right should be dodge, it is if I use my ps controller, but it's jump when using the 8bitdo and the bottom button is dodge. Similarly I'm used to the left button being 'use item' but the left and top button are inverted so the top button is use item.

you might wanna poke around with the configuration software that came with it

as far as i remember the xbox/ps style layout came default though, or at least as one of the 3 default profiles which you can switch through with the button
this is the older pro2 though idk if the 8bitdo ultimate is very different

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 2, 2023

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

games this month:

Trails to Azure - March 14th

This is it, folks. The last of the 2.5D Trails games, the end of an era. After this point it's all downhill. Savor this last supper. Lloyd and his fake-bracer cop friends are back for one more round of detective work, along with high political tension as the game takes place during the beginning of the conflict in Trails of Cold Steel, and yes, Cold Steel characters may show up here. Hopefully not Rean. if Lloyd and Rean had to share screentime together i'm not sure the world could handle such limit-breaking blandness.

Rean is not in that game, but the two do meet in other games :ohdear:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I finally bought Riftbreaker since it's on sale right now and it really is a great game if you're in the mood for fulfilling your colonialist fantasies and bringing proper culture and civilization to an unspoiled planet by genociding the barbaric fauna and paving over the flora with civilized concrete and pollution spewing military-industrial complex as far as your eyes can see.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack Trades posted:

I finally bought Riftbreaker since it's on sale right now and it really is a great game if you're in the mood for fulfilling your colonialist fantasies and bringing proper culture and civilization to an unspoiled planet by genociding the barbaric fauna and paving over the flora with civilized concrete and pollution spewing military-industrial complex as far as your eyes can see.

Manifactory

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

How is it different to DSP?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is it different to DSP?

Very very pretty. Lots of small animals exploding into red chunks when you slice/shoot/explode them and the maps are full of pretty rock formations and dense foliage that all get burned or destroyed nicely.

Also its like, a pretty even mix of arpg/factory builder/tower defense so there's a good deal of running around for extra big monsters to kill and collecting their bits to improve your gear/base.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

sebmojo posted:

Was god a dot
Waiting for Godot.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

yeah I think I'll hold out for Terra Nil instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

redreader posted:

First, make sure that the controller is in XInput mode, if it's in Switch mode the game could be picking it up as a Switch controller and giving you the button prompts for that. I don't have an Ultimate, but my Pro 2 has a physical switch on the back to change modes, while my M30 and my USB adapter both use specific button combinations to change modes.

Second, try making sure that "Use Nintendo button configuration" isn't selected in the Steam configuration for the controller. It shouldn't be if the controller is connected in XInput mode and you haven't personally set it that way, but sometimes wires get crossed.

Third, check the game controller configuration. I don't know about Elden Ring, but some games have options settings to change what button prompts you're getting. Timesplitter and 20XX both do, off the top of my head.