Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Samovar posted:

Applying the economic theory of disruption to physics.

You beat me. First mover principle in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Steadiman posted:

Got it. So split the water and more hydrogen comes out but don't use the hydrogen, just split for the pure love of splitting

I think the most likely thing is he got some engineers at Space X to talk him through just generally green tech stuff that just sort exist at the moment, he didn't take notes, and than later just did his normal spinning bullshit thing he does when talking, based vaguely off what he remembered them saying.

He seems to do that a lot.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

i realise it's in the style of the tesla logo and that's the point, but you aren't supposed to make the word "POLICE" on your police vehicle unnecessarily difficult to read. if it's a marked police vehicle or other emergency vehicle then it should be as easy as possible to visually identify as such

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

mysterious frankie posted:

Just cover the rocket in solar panels. The sun is everywhere up there (no clouds, Bitch) so your electric rocket can run indefinitely.

Getting to Mars using nothing but troll physics memes from the early 00s

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Presumably it's for unmarked nonsense.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hammerite posted:

i realise it's in the style of the tesla logo and that's the point, but you aren't supposed to make the word "POLICE" on your police vehicle unnecessarily difficult to read. if it's a marked police vehicle or other emergency vehicle then it should be as easy as possible to visually identify as such

You should tell that to literally every police department. Running vehicles with barely visible markings and lights is the norm these days.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

You know, we joke a lot about Elmo constantly pushing for more babies for the sole purpose of working in his mines, but I didn't expect him to just say it out loud.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Is there video of the Tesla thing? I want to know if Elon did a bump of coke or something before and got overconfident and started freestyling on stage, or if he really planned to talk about the need to send more people down African mines and building electric rockets that are powerful enough to escape earth's gravity but still don't impact the environment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FoolyCharged posted:

You should tell that to literally every police department. Running vehicles with barely visible markings and lights is the norm these days.

Yeah I love our pd's white chargers with white POLICE text on it so you can only read it from a certain angle in the right light.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Getting to Mars using nothing but troll physics memes from the early 00s

Lol. The old wad DOES have a vintage rear end, sepia toned image macro collection for a brain; I think you’ve cracked his method.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

King Carnivore posted:

This thread is hilarious

Just love the random comment about using customer data to justify weakening the seatbelts. Like wtf

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Our data indicates that 99.999% of the time drivers don't even need restraint! Why do we even have these?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

dr_rat posted:

I think the most likely thing is he got some engineers at Space X to talk him through just generally green tech stuff that just sort exist at the moment, he didn't take notes, and than later just did his normal spinning bullshit thing he does when talking, based vaguely off what he remembered them saying.

He seems to do that a lot.

The man just loves to split, just ask his children

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

He must have played timesplitters 3 before that presentation

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

There's no way Elon would have put twitter down long enough to coordinate or rehearse what was going to happen in the presentation. He's the embodiment of "I'll just wing it" and failing miserably

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > Elon Musk thread: Certain statements in this presentation, including, but not limited to, statements relating to the future development, ramp, production capacity and output rates, supply chain, demand and market growth, cost, pricing and profitability, deliveries, deployment, availability and other features and improvements and timing of existing and future Tesla products and technologies such as Model 3. Model Y, Model X, Model S. Cybertruck, Tesla Semi, Robotaxi, our next generation vehicle platform, our Autopilot, Full Self-Driving and other vehicle software and our energy storage and solar products; statements regarding operating margin, operating profits, spending and liquidity, and statements regarding expansion, improvements and/or ramp and related timing at existing or new factories are "forward-looking statements" that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations, and as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those projected. The following important factors, without limitation, could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements: uncertainties in future macroeconomic and regulatory conditions arising from the current global pandemic; the risk of delays in launching and manufacturing our products and features cost-effectively, our ability to grow our sales, delivery, installation, servicing and charging capabilities and effectively manage this growth consumers' demand for electric vehicles generally and our vehicles specifically, the ability of suppliers to deliver components according to schedules, prices, quality and volumes acceptable to us, and our ability to manage such components effectively; any issues with Ithium-ion cells or other components manufactured at Gigafactory Nevada and Gigafactory Shangha our ability to ramp Gigafactory Shanghai, Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, Gigafactory Texas and new factories in accordance with our plans; our ability to procure supply of battery cells. including through our own manufacturing; risks relating to international expansion; any failures by Tesla products to perform as expected or if product recalls occur, the risk of product liability claims; competition in the automotive and energy product markets; our ability to maintain public credibility and confidence in our long-term business prospects; our ability to manage risks relating to our various product financing programs; the status of government and economic incentives for electric vehicles and energy products; our ability to attract, hire and retain key employees and qualified personnel and ramp our installation teams our ability to maintain the security of our information and production and product systems; our compliance with various regulations and laws applicable to our operations and products, which may evolve from time to time; risks relating to our indebtedness and financing strategies; and adverse foreign exchange movements. More information on potential factors that could affect our financial results is included from time to time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including the risks identified under the section captioned "Risk Factors" in our annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on January 31, 2023. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update information contained in these forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > Elon Musk's Life:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
just absolute lol at that disclaimer. Everything we say here may be complete bullshit so don't hold us to it but we're saying it anyway

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631124678952493056

This whole twitter thread is hilarious, it's just this LeGate guy describing what's being said at the keynote and adding a few notes, but him then getting banned from Tesla events at the end because he didn't like it enough is just great. Also a nice little mid-thread surprise is that

Elon strongly believes we need more people working in mineral mines in Africa and that's just so on the nose that it made me actually laugh out loud.

I dont think musk or many american regressives get what modern mining is. its not some buff dudes pickaxing rock. like apparently its highly specialized and skilled now. strip mining is industrial magic.

also the head count for the entire industry is smaller than most regional business chains and the fact we let that ONE senator from WV control the whole nation is bs. not to mention the "I'm a (son/grandson of a ) miner" cosplay culture. real big tiny dick energy.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Usually those disclaimers are pretty boilerplate but that about covers everything Tesla does which is...uh...a little broad.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

kw0134 posted:

Usually those disclaimers are pretty boilerplate but that about covers everything Tesla does which is...uh...a little broad.

It's somehow vague and specific at the same time.

"We cannot guarantee everything we say is accurate but we really cannot guarantee this, this, and this."

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

explosivo posted:

Yeah I love our pd's white chargers with white POLICE text on it so you can only read it from a certain angle in the right light.

my entire province made new license plates that weren't legible at night:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ratjaculation posted:

Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > Elon Musk thread: Certain statements in this presentation, including, but not limited to, statements relating to the future development, ramp, production capacity and output rates, supply chain, demand and market growth, cost, pricing and profitability, deliveries, deployment, availability and other features and improvements and timing of existing and future Tesla products and technologies such as Model 3. Model Y, Model X, Model S. Cybertruck, Tesla Semi, Robotaxi, our next generation vehicle platform, our Autopilot, Full Self-Driving and other vehicle software and our energy storage and solar products; statements regarding operating margin, operating profits, spending and liquidity, and statements regarding expansion, improvements and/or ramp and related timing at existing or new factories are "forward-looking statements" that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations, and as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those projected. The following important factors, without limitation, could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements: uncertainties in future macroeconomic and regulatory conditions arising from the current global pandemic; the risk of delays in launching and manufacturing our products and features cost-effectively, our ability to grow our sales, delivery, installation, servicing and charging capabilities and effectively manage this growth consumers' demand for electric vehicles generally and our vehicles specifically, the ability of suppliers to deliver components according to schedules, prices, quality and volumes acceptable to us, and our ability to manage such components effectively; any issues with Ithium-ion cells or other components manufactured at Gigafactory Nevada and Gigafactory Shangha our ability to ramp Gigafactory Shanghai, Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, Gigafactory Texas and new factories in accordance with our plans; our ability to procure supply of battery cells. including through our own manufacturing; risks relating to international expansion; any failures by Tesla products to perform as expected or if product recalls occur, the risk of product liability claims; competition in the automotive and energy product markets; our ability to maintain public credibility and confidence in our long-term business prospects; our ability to manage risks relating to our various product financing programs; the status of government and economic incentives for electric vehicles and energy products; our ability to attract, hire and retain key employees and qualified personnel and ramp our installation teams our ability to maintain the security of our information and production and product systems; our compliance with various regulations and laws applicable to our operations and products, which may evolve from time to time; risks relating to our indebtedness and financing strategies; and adverse foreign exchange movements. More information on potential factors that could affect our financial results is included from time to time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including the risks identified under the section captioned "Risk Factors" in our annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on January 31, 2023. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update information contained in these forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Astral do the needful ty

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ratjaculation posted:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ratjaculation posted:

so few understand this

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I don't know if that's a fan build or what but I fully endorse all police officers being issued Teslas.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Jelly posted:

I don't know if that's a fan build or what but I fully endorse all police officers being issued Teslas.

ATAB

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Are Tesla’s Actively Burning

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Slotducks posted:

Who cares, even a Tesla's LIDAR is so precise it can make out the individual characters on the plate!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It still boggles my mind that Elon won't make a car with lidar systems. You'd think he'd go the opposite route and put too much lidar in the thing, so they could accidently start lasing people in front of them before they run them over.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Slotducks posted:

Now make the entire car out of that material so we can make a stealth tank like out of command and conquer

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

this looks familiar..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

It still boggles my mind that Elon won't make a car with lidar systems. You'd think he'd go the opposite route and put too much lidar in the thing, so they could accidently start lasing people in front of them before they run them over.

it's because he knows he couldn't pass the lidar-tector

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I don’t want to watch the thing but does anyone know what period he’s talking about for 1.4b cars?

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631047428215324672

Quick stats check says under 100m cars produced worldwide per year… is it like a 50 or 100 year projection?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mozi posted:

it's because he knows he couldn't pass the lidar-tector

Any scandal involving Elong is always a drawn out affair.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

....he against misunderstands that Bladerunner is not something to be shooting to replicate.

Any good cyberpunk is a warning against the "cool" things in it and every bit of cyberpunk media needs to be prefaced with that message.like a big sign hanging above the theatre as you walk in.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dunno sounds like woke sjw garbage.

also me smart and i can figure things out on my own

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DRINK ME posted:

I don’t want to watch the thing but does anyone know what period he’s talking about for 1.4b cars?

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631047428215324672

Quick stats check says under 100m cars produced worldwide per year… is it like a 50 or 100 year projection?

Need to make 1.4b Teslas per year if you want to have a prayer of getting some of those 6b illegal immigrants to buy one

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

evilmiera posted:

Any good cyberpunk is a warning against the "cool" things in it and every bit of cyberpunk media needs to be prefaced with that message.like a big sign hanging above the theatre as you walk in.

Cyberpunk the game did this by being so atrocious at launch you actively hated everything in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

goatface posted:

Electric propulsion in space is reasonable. Ion engines are good and cool and already known. Anything in atmosphere would be woo.

Starship 2: Electric Woo-Woo