Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

FWIW, Costco doesn't segregate by men's or women's; there's just this wall of glasses, and you can decide for yourself if cat eyes are your thing. There are a lot of frames that are unisex anyway. I had a pair of aviators I wasn't wild about, and I passed them on to my husband, who had his lenses put in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

FWIW, Costco doesn't segregate by men's or women's; there's just this wall of glasses, and you can decide for yourself if cat eyes are your thing. There are a lot of frames that are unisex anyway. I had a pair of aviators I wasn't wild about, and I passed them on to my husband, who had his lenses put in them.

he's going to die of cooties any day now, and it's all your fault

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Any social situation must frighten these people if all you need to do is ask "what if they turned violent??"

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Given that terfs are prone to violence, it's a reasonable fear to have when sharing a bathroom with one.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
CPAC time, y'all!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1631322686990295042
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1631340150163742755
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1631342486919553028

Offler posted:

The sheer gall of mentioning a very slight inconvenience that takes 2-3 seconds to fix as part of an argument for why some people don't deserve the same rights as you.

How quickly you forget people screeching because they had to push 1 for English on a phone menu or an ATM. "PUSHING AN EXTRA BUTTON ON THE BUTTON-PUSHING MACHINE?! :blastu:"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Not social media but irl

My office got to have an all hands meeting yesterday about how slurs are not acceptable in the office. The inciting incident was an adult saying a homophobic slur repeatedly. Later in the day they were called into the office for a sit down about how they were out of line and the defense that a grown rear end 37 year old adult used "my daughter has friends that are they, I wasn't using it as an insult"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

i miss my wife -elon musk

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Two days ago these two guys came into the 7-11 I work at with clipboards and were asking people to sign petitions to stop our governor from banning gas stoves.

They kept accosting me with questions like, "Are YOU okay with them taking away YOUR choice to have a gas stove?"

I was angry when they took away my choice to have lead paint but at this point in my life I no longer care.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"i will never have a choice of stove because I am never going to own a house"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

You say "lurid investigations that I didn't bother to investigate", I say "Bayesian priors".
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1631333404942770176

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

credburn posted:

Two days ago these two guys came into the 7-11 I work at with clipboards and were asking people to sign petitions to stop our governor from banning gas stoves.

They kept accosting me with questions like, "Are YOU okay with them taking away YOUR choice to have a gas stove?"

I was angry when they took away my choice to have lead paint but at this point in my life I no longer care.

"I'm not okay with you taking away my choice to go one day without watching someone making GBS threads on the floor"

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

Like why he'd fight so hard to remove a monarch?

A few pages back but lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:stare:
https://twitter.com/monitoringbias/status/1631352006651551746?t=Cd2IqBKZU7vh6UwOvv6Htw&s=19

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

"I cannot provide sources because every source has a bias against what I'm trying to say, but please trust me."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/gregowoc/status/1631451681027244032

Yeah, sure, a "trial of the century" is now over, and a man was found guilty of murdering his wife and one of his sons.

TIME FOR JESUS!!!!!!!!!!

That guy's profile posted:

Inventor/CEO, (12 Patents + pending), MA-Theology, Rescue Mission Bible Teacher. Let's Train & Send Out An Army of Creationist & Gospel Preachers for Christ!

:sigh:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The murdaugh case is absolutely buckwild and I suspect we will get some hours long true crime youtube and podcast content out of it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wouldn't Chaya herself accuse Andrew Sullivan of being a groomer by virtue of existing in the same planet as children? Why carry water for her?

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1631326033981980672?t=94su25fGW0NI9Zm7tXG77g&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The murdaugh case is absolutely buckwild and I suspect we will get some hours long true crime youtube and podcast content out of it

Oh, you're behind! There's already at least three different hour-long documentaries, as well as a podcast devoted solely to it. :sigh:

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1631447695477882880

https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/1631450332289966083

Sure, but he's also donated a ton of money to GOP/their candidates as well. I think donating to both sides is fairly common for rich people.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Mar 3, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are found guilty of murdering their wife and son???

I KNEW IT

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden had a son!?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Knormal posted:

Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden had a son!?

Hunter Emails

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

You can’t understand the mental trauma I’m feeling.
Please sign my petition.

Dang that would be pretty handy, you'd always have something to dry your hands off on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Wouldn't Chaya herself accuse Andrew Sullivan of being a groomer by virtue of existing in the same planet as children? Why carry water for her?

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1631326033981980672?t=94su25fGW0NI9Zm7tXG77g&s=19

He's "one of the good ones". He got his rights years ago, now it's time to pull up the ladder behind him.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Huh, don't think I'm familiar with Andrew Sullivan, he's a new one to me. Let's look him up, dig into the lore a bit and-

Wikipedia posted:

After John McCain clinched the Republican primary [in 2008] and named Sarah Palin as his vice presidential nominee, Sullivan began to espouse a birther-like conspiracy theory involving Palin and her young son Trig Palin. Sullivan devoted a significant amount of space on The Atlantic, questioning whether Palin is Trig's biological mother. He and others who held this belief, dubbed "Trig Truthers", demanded Palin to produce a birth certificate or other piece of medical evidence that proves Trig is indeed her biological son.

Oh Jesus christ, that guy is still around? That was forever ago! :stare:

:patriot:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah, everyone knows Trig was Sarah's lovechild with Levi 'hockey' johnson

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Heath posted:

Hunter Emails

Was he the elder one or was that Ben Ghazi?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, everyone knows Trig was Sarah's lovechild with Levi 'hockey' johnson

I forgot about that lmao

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

i've also produced no patents, please put me down like the dog that i am

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Broke: learn to code
Woke: learn to file patents

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

credburn posted:

I laugh at this because whatever they do, if anything, would probably just apply to brand new construction and/or brand new stoves, and yet they're trying to push this as something that would directly, immediately impact the average joe (half of whom are probably using electric anyway and not particularly upset about it). Like no, dummy, they're not going to send the gestapo to every house in America and rip out your stove to replace it with a new one. Although actually, hey, sign me up.

If you held a gun to my head I'd say I prefer gas, but 99% of the time I don't miss it. You can do virtually all of the same stuff either way, once you adapt.

I still don't even know who this guy is, but I've been seeing headlines about the trial constantly.

I'm really not even sure what metric people go by when they say "the media isn't talking about this". It's a nearly unverifiable statement that people will easily believe just because.

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Mar 3, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sir Lemming posted:

I laugh at this because whatever they do, if anything, would probably just apply to brand new construction and/or brand new stoves, and yet they're trying to push this as something that would directly, immediately impact the average joe (half of whom are probably using electric anyway and not particularly upset about it). Like no, dummy, they're not going to send the gestapo to every house in America and rip out your stove to replace it with a new one. Although actually, hey, sign me up.

I do love that they try to make it sound like that kind of jackbooted sinister overreach when it always boils down to "we'll give you a financial incentive, tax rebates, pay for the purchase and installation of a consumer product, and put you on the wall of Good Citizens"

Like I had some annoying experiences getting lead remediation done but it wasn't getting my poo poo kicked in by G-Men. Even if it was I'd prefer it to heavy metals poisoning my children.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Brawnfire posted:

I'd prefer it to heavy metals poisoning my children.

Calm down there Tipper

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

Huh, don't think I'm familiar with Andrew Sullivan, he's a new one to me. Let's look him up, dig into the lore a bit and-

Oh Jesus christ, that guy is still around? That was forever ago! :stare:

:patriot:

He’s a big time stuffy pseudo-intellectual who made his name as a gay conservative Catholic because it was novel. The kind of guy who’s frequently on Bill Maher’s panels. He recently was complaining to Maher on some horrific looking podcast that the trans allies are going to force him to eat pussy.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Sir Lemming posted:

If you held a gun to my head I'd say I prefer gas, but 99% of the time I don't miss it. You can do virtually all of the same stuff either way, once you adapt.

I still don't even know who this guy is, but I've been seeing headlines about the trial constantly.

I'm really not even sure what metric people go by when they say "the media isn't talking about this". It's a nearly unverifiable statement that people will easily believe just because.
I think she's talking about how the media's not talking about his spooky, vauge connections to people she doesn't like. You know, cus if one of your donors is a murder, that means that you, personally, strangled someone in their sleep. Now to take a big sip of coffee and see who's donated to the republicans....

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Here's an entire thread full of grade-A Musk idiocy, but this might be the peak for me:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631046794724401156

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sounds like we need to update the laws then!! loving Democrats

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Zero_Grade posted:

Here's an entire thread full of grade-A Musk idiocy, but this might be the peak for me:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631046794724401156

You, an idiot: An electric rocket isn't possible because the batteries would be way too heavy
Me, a brain genius: We'll put the batteries in outer space and just run a really long cable to the rocket

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Kit Walker posted:

You, an idiot: An electric rocket isn't possible because the batteries would be way too heavy
Me, a brain genius: We'll put the batteries in outer space and just run a really long cable to the rocket
We'll just invent a perfect, instant, lossless, infinite bandwidth, wireless energy transfer, and beam the energy to the rocket! Then it won't need to carry anything!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1630617119481032704

Why is every single journalist such a goddamn freak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Vib Rib posted:

We'll just invent a perfect, instant, lossless, infinite bandwidth, wireless energy transfer, and beam the energy to the rocket! Then it won't need to carry anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGMY63FF3Q