Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Levitate posted:

I feel like doxing her is going to have some bad outcomes as well...but also maybe dont' start poo poo on social media with people who can dox you? i dunno

e: to be clear people shoudl be called out for lovely views that are hurtful to other people or groups but the internet being what it is this also feels like a chance for some people who really don't care about the situation to jump in and harass someone with what is typically horrible stuff towards women

i don't think it's really doxxing to name someone who's doing their job shittily in public. like yeah it's gonna result in blowback but going "okay the nyr social media manager's name is bleh" is public info, and it's better to have it confirmed than have a bunch of internet detectives yelling at interns or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Get a third party to knock off an extra 25%, you cowards.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1631396877454176263?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
That's hilarious.

Bur seriously, I wonder if the Kessel family name indeed used to be Kesselring then was shortened at some point.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ken Holland has had a good week!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Arivia posted:

i don't think it's really doxxing to name someone who's doing their job shittily in public. like yeah it's gonna result in blowback but going "okay the nyr social media manager's name is bleh" is public info, and it's better to have it confirmed than have a bunch of internet detectives yelling at interns or whatever.

I doubt there's anyone even in the organization besides her who pays attention to social media, and she's certainly not gonna tell her bosses that she's gettin cooked in the replies of every tweet.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

I doubt there's anyone even in the organization besides her who pays attention to social media, and she's certainly not gonna tell her bosses that she's gettin cooked in the replies of every tweet.

I would say that it might matter if you reported it up the chain but lol dolan.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

has torts ever led a rebuild to glory

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Probably would have been wise to trade for a better goalie if the position is a concern but :shrug:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This is funny, but does Columbus not realize that he was a goalie?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This is funny, but does Columbus not realize that he was a goalie?

he's wearing goalie gear so i think so, yes

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Arivia posted:

he's wearing goalie gear so i think so, yes

He has skater gloves on with a skater stick

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 2, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh my god, if you zoom in on the pic, it's even more hilarious than the small thumbnail shows. The MS paint-style copy/paste is great. CBJ Stanley Cup championship hat on. Miami of Ohio University guy in crowd right next to an Orlando Magic jersey? Hilarious.

I retract my previous statement, A+ from CBJ

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

Never. But in the last few weeks he's been not so subtle through media and through lineup decisions that he's not happy with the front office. There's no reason you play Justin Braun, a defensive defenseman, on the wing for two games in a row unless you're trying to send a message. He's getting frustrated.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/1631395885698392067?t=05BGBNZgNR3cG4U5I-xPDg&s=19

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Mr. Kite posted:

That's hilarious.

Bur seriously, I wonder if the Kessel family name indeed used to be Kesselring then was shortened at some point.
"Kessel" means "boiler" in German so I presume it's an occupational name like Smith or Taylor (or, Schmidt or Schneider, as the case may be).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

For some reason, I thought John Gillies was a skater. Maybe I'm confusing him with all of the other Gillies who are punchmen.

Jon was a fabulous college goalie who got his bell rung really early on in Calgary's minor league system and has struggled as a pro

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Albino Squirrel posted:

"Kessel" means "boiler" in German so I presume it's an occupational name like Smith or Taylor (or, Schmidt or Schneider, as the case may be).

It’s cognate with English “kettle” but can also mean “cauldron.” You’re right that it’s probably the name of someone who made cauldrons. For witches???

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

Never. But in the last few weeks he's been not so subtle through media and through lineup decisions that he's not happy with the front office. There's no reason you play Justin Braun, a defensive defenseman, on the wing for two games in a row unless you're trying to send a message. He's getting frustrated.

Yeah you wonder what the FO told him when he first came in because whoo boy I recall one of his first press conferences basically being something like "so I knew things were rough, but WOW..."

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

shyduck posted:

?? Tampa had the second worst record in the league when he took them over. He was instrumental in molding that team into a Cup winner. He also took the Rangers to an ECF after they missed the playoffs (Olli Jokinen lol) and rebuilt the team off of Brian Boyle, Brandon Prust, Brandon Dubinsky, and Ryan Callahan (and prime Hank but man could we block shots). Also led Columbus to their first playoff series win! Also something something Vancouver but that doesn't count since it was Canada.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ken Holland has had a good week!

I agree. I think the Oilers are winning the Cup, unironically. I think they're beating either the Leafs, Rangers, or Canes. I think the Avs have a good shot at beating them again unless someone can brain Makar. I would be throwing every 60IQ goon I could at that guy to give him a third concussion.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Good on him to get to 1000.

Good on him. Always a big game player. Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello was our best line on the 2014 Cup Finals team.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 2, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm glad that someone has jumped on my "actually the Oilers are good" train

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

if they are healthy, this is probably going to be their best chance maybe ever to get through the west with their current core. And if they get to the Finals, no way in hell am I betting against Connor. I don't think there's anything the team out of the East will be able to do if he thinks this is gonna be his one shot to win in Edmonton.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Try losing a bunch of game 7s in a row, you'll get loads of respect after that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/averyzaretsky/status/1631411408700162049

so on the one hand yeah this clip is pretty dumb but holy poo poo there is an enormous amount of PLEASE LIKE MY SPOOORRRTTT in the replies and QRTs

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1631417263718014976?s=20

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Connor McDavid is just that good that you have to assume he'll win a cup at some point. It's just Edmonton's roster is bad, and their coach is bad, so it's difficult to pick them to win against anybody really.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/averyzaretsky/status/1631411408700162049

so on the one hand yeah this clip is pretty dumb but holy poo poo there is an enormous amount of PLEASE LIKE MY SPOOORRRTTT in the replies and QRTs

Perhaps this humbling reminder of the total irrelevance of their team in the broader sports world context will be the spark that convinces Rangers fans to reconsider their smug attitudes toward smaller market franchises, ushering in a new era of harmony and mutual respect

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

yeah it must be so tiring having the Canadian media suck your teams dick constantly

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jeffs_Penguins/status/1631413853870256130?s=20

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I hear Brock McGinn is available.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh my god, if you zoom in on the pic, it's even more hilarious than the small thumbnail shows. The MS paint-style copy/paste is great. CBJ Stanley Cup championship hat on. Miami of Ohio University guy in crowd right next to an Orlando Magic jersey? Hilarious.

I retract my previous statement, A+ from CBJ

Thanks for pointing it out, I had skipped over it quick but that's a really good "gently caress it that'll do" photo montage and it rules

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

with what cap space?

there's no way to do money out either any more. Not unless they pay someone to take McGinn. Or do something insanely stupid like trade Pettersson

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I feel bad for him. Honestly I'm shocked he's stuck around even accounting for the paycheck.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Take it from me, that's a good way to get an organization to stop cooperating with you.

This is sort of standard PR.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mennoknight posted:

yeah it must be so tiring having the Canadian media suck your teams dick constantly

Hey now, Toronto still gets mentioned (as the inevitable loser to the Oilers in the SCF).

I think its hilarious that McDavid is probably going to end up being the second best forward in the history of the sport and the NHL cant capitalize on it because he is a moron with negative personality that spends his off days living in a pain cube designed and built by his girlfriend. You cant even blame playing in Edmonton because Gretzky managed to be a superstar playing there.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

secret volcano lair posted:

Perhaps this humbling reminder of the total irrelevance of their team in the broader sports world context will be the spark that convinces Rangers fans to reconsider their smug attitudes toward smaller market franchises, ushering in a new era of harmony and mutual respect

Insert Yankees.gif here

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jonathan Drouin once bodychecked a player

I saw it with my own eyes

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its going to be Lucic and Im going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Its going to be Lucic and Im going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

I was thinking him or Kassian