Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I think the "oh, she's not really into me/oh poo poo we've been dating for six months and I didn't realize it" babylesbian posts are so adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Solenna posted:

There's updates!!

Jesus christ, I think I pulled my cringe muscles reading about that trip to the coffee shop

Here's Locket, for everyone else who wanted to see the very good doggo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

greazeball posted:

Here's Locket, for everyone else who wanted to see the very good doggo

Thank you, I was gonna ask.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
AITA for announcing to my sexist stepfather that I'll not be sharing my college funds with my stepbrother?

quote:

I (18f) found out a couple months ago that i got into my dream school early decision that happens to be an ivy league. I was overjoyed and my parents were happy for me too. We're not too well off but my grandma saved up money for her only granddaughter's (me) college fund which is more than enough to fund my tution.

Now, i have a stepbrother Damon (19M). He took a gap year (not really) and he is going to college too, but he's going to a college less costlier than mine. Honestly, he's only going to attend college because of his dad's incessant nagging.

So recently my parents, moreover my step dad, is bugging me about sharing my college funds with Damon. I don't want to, or else I'll have debt after graduation and it will shatter all my financial planning after college.

Last night at dinner was my breaking point when SD asked again. I said no, then he said to my mom "well anyway Amaryllis is a girl, why waste that much money on her college?". I completely LOST IT. I yelled out "you know what, I've had enough. First of all, it is not even your money to decide what tf to do with it. It's the money MY grandma left for MY college tuition. Besides my gender doesn't define my intelligence, I got into (college name), didn't 1?" Then Damon said i need to accept he's smarter with a grin.

Now here's where i may have been TA. I said "At least I have plans and ambitions unlike Damon, who told everyone he took a gap year when he actually FAILED" (true).

SD and Damon stormed off and my mum called me an AH.

So reddit, AITA?
LOL. You tell 'em, Amaryllis.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FMguru posted:

AITA for announcing to my sexist stepfather that I'll not be sharing my college funds with my stepbrother?

LOL. You tell 'em, Amaryllis.

lol, but stepdad's gonna be on the phone with the bank tomorrow so i hope OP's taken that into account

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The new fourteen words: Ensure female politeness or they'll realize they're in love and stop having white babies.

I'm no ted chiang that's for sure

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Yes Damon surely you must be smarter because you have a schlong. Make sure to remember when you start college don't need to actually study or do any work. just write "I am very smart because I'm a special boy" for all your papers. The professors will know what to do.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm not sure if this one was posted originally, it's about 11 months old and got an update today

AITA 'choosing the golden child' over my other sister

quote:

I (26) am the older brother of two sisters, Maya (19) and Tia (21).

Our parents are complete assholes, and Maya was their golden child. And honestly, a complete and utter spoilt b. I get thats harsh to say about a kid, but she was. She got special treatment, and would get away with murder. Our parents basically encouraged it despite basically leaving me to raise my sisters so they could 'enjoy [them]selves'. When I was 18 (Tia was 13 and Maya was 11), I moved out. I stayed in contact Tia, though I quickly gave up on trying to connect with Maya honestly. Our parents and Maya were absolutely horrible to Tia while I was gone. So when she was 18, Tia moved out and has stayed with me. I've made her get some therapy and done my best to be a good brother, and she's managed to be a lot happier since. Though after that I basically didn't see our parents or Maya.

However, last November Maya randomly reached out to us. Tia just ignored it, but Maya is still my little sister so I gave her a chance. In the time without us she'd really missed us and realised just how spoilt and cruel she was acting. Apparently part of how she treated Tia was jealousy of how I was so close to her but not Maya, though it obviously doesn't justify it. She had felt guilty for a while, but was scared to reach out in case we'd reject her. She felt really sincere and was really apologetic and seemed ashamed. I forgave her, and we started talking a lot. I became close to Maya really quickly. We get along great now, and we're actually pretty similar! Unfortunately Tia refuses to forgive her, or even respond. I think she's being a little unfair, but I understand how she feels.

From talking I noticed that Maya seems to be having a hard time at home. She wasn't going to say anything but ended up spilling when I pressed her. Our parents basically turned on her the moment we left, she wasn't the golden child anymore and had to suffer our parents bullshit. Honestly, I'm ashamed to admit but I never considered how our parents would treat her with us gone. With how horrible our parents are, I wanted to ask her to move in with me.

Now, I want to make clear, I'm the renter. The rental agreement and bills and everything are all under my name. Tia contributes, but since she's still in university and my little sister its much less, and unofficial. But when I brought up the idea, Tia was furious. She rejected it. I tried to compromise and talk, but it went nowhere. So in the end I told Tia I'm offering, and that she can be civil or I can help her move somewhere else. Maya accepted (coming to stay next week) and Tia is PISSED and feels I'm choosing the golden child over her. But I'm not, Maya is suffering and I want to help, she's a different person now. I understand Tia hurts, and I get her anger, but Maya also needs me right now.

Tia is still angry. And our friends think it was an rear end in a top hat move. But Maya is my sister, and I don't think it's wrong to help her, I helped Tia back then too.

EDIT:

I went to sleep with posts stopping, and didn't expect to wake up to all this. There were so many so I wasn't sure how to respond to everyone so I just left it , read and thought about it a while.

There are a few things I want to clear up first though.

Maya isn't lying about this. I know my parents, and Maya DIDN'T even want to tell me about her issues at home. There is basically no chance it's all a lie. And she has TRIED and TRIED to talk to and apologised to Tia, Tia just won't let her. I know what she did in the past was horrible, but she ISN'T just manipulating me to hurt Tia. She genuinely hated how she was, and just wants to live somewhere safe and happy and loved.

I get it wasn't enough. But the timeline was admittedly poorly written. We started discussing it last month, she knew this decision for a couple of weeks. While I now see it was misguided and cruel, it wasn't just a week.

I don't know of it's appropriate to go too in depth. But Maya's acts against Tia were verbal and psychological. It was disgusting and I know how deeply it hurt Tia. Our parents were mostly really neglectful, aside from verbal/emotional abuse and rewarding Maya for being the golden child. Being perfect and cruel meant she would get their love, which neither of us did.

Thanks to everyone for their perspective. I didn't realise how naive I was being in thinking this would work out. I'm going to try to see if some friends can take Maya in for now, and maybe if she can get her own place. I'm going to try to be there for both of them, and ask Tia to forgive me for being so short sighted and stupid. I hope they can eventually work things out, but like people are saying it might just be a stupid pipe dream. I think the best plan is to help get Maya a cheap flat or something nearby, and I'll help out where she needs it.

Update:

quote:

I posted last year, trying to help my 'golden child' sister Maya, at the expense of my other sister Tia. I didn't expect so many responses or the hate I got, though I now realise how badly I hosed up. While I still think how people wrote about Maya was disgusting and unfair, how I treated Tia was cruel and ignorant. I was trying to help everyone and be practical, but I neglected to properly consider the emotional side. While unintentional I was just ignoring Tia's pain and trauma.

The responses were a wake-up call and I realised I was just going to ruin everything. While it wasn't meant that way, it would just hurt Tia and ruin our relationship. I managed to convince some friends to let Maya stay with them and looked for a place. Currently, Tia still lives with me, while I found a cheap one-bedroom for Maya. It's been rough financially but I managed to get everything my sisters need, a few sacrifices don't matter compared to them. Maya needed help adjusting and learning to be independent so I did have to focus on her initially, and Tia absolutely hated me giving her any attention so it was extremely difficult at first. But it got a lot better as Maya adjusted and grew more independent and I could balance my time better. It's not perfect but we've gotten into a rhythm the best we can.

Maya has grown a lot, and can mostly live by herself now, though I obviously still help. Therapy has really helped her and she's made a lot of friends at university. While she still wants Tia's forgiveness, she's accepted it's not in her control and to focus on living her life and improving herself. I'm really happy she's free of our parents' influence, she's nothing like she used to be. Though I do wish I had tried harder when she was younger, rather than giving up.

Tia isn't completely happy, I don't think she'll ever forgive Maya. I've done my best to make it clear I love her, and Maya isn't my favourite but it's been hard. We get joint therapy that helps a lot, but she still wishes it was just us. Still she's finally able to understand that helping Maya isn't rejecting her. I'm so thankful and lucky Tia could forgive me, she means the world to me. I never intended to hurt her, though I clearly completely hosed up my approach. We basically just avoid the Maya situation, and have managed to get back to normal. She's such a strong woman, I'm honestly so proud of her and so ashamed of how short-sighted I was.

As selfish as it is, a part of me will always wish Tia could forgive her. But I know that's impossible and selfish. I don't think Tia will ever fully accept that Maya is a part of my life. The most I'll get is Tia and Maya being in one building for my wedding, but honestly that's enough for me. They're both victims of our parents, so I'm just glad they can both be happy and free. While it's not a fairy-tale ending, everything is going well. I'm glad I posted and was able to fix my horrible mistake.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Batterypowered7 posted:

They don't. They just sort of waffle around, wondering if one likes the other, until they stumble and end up scissoring.

Ah, the ol' trib-and-fall

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

r/relationships: Ah, the ol' trib-and-fall

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Yes Damon surely you must be smarter because you have a schlong. Make sure to remember when you start college don't need to actually study or do any work. just write "I am very smart because I'm a special boy" for all your papers. The professors will know what to do.

No no no. All you have to do is whip that schlong out in front of the professors to prove what a special boy you are!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA For not communicating with my boyfriend while I read?

quote:

I've loved reading ever since I was little. The best part of my day was when I would come home from school and pick up a good book and get completely consumed in the story for a while. I've been in a realtionship for five years and my boyfriend has never seen me binge read books because of the fact that we met in college and the only books that I would read were purely educational and not fiction.

Now that I am graduated and have a job, there is potentional for me to have some down time after work. When I come home, I eat my dinner and pick up the current book that I am reading and forget about the exisiting world that I am in for a bit.

My boyfriend lives an hour away and so we are always in constant communication with one another throughout the day. But when I get off work, he starts his work and so I thought it was a good idea for me to read while he was working. I picked up my book and got utterly consumed and lost track of time and space around me. After what I thought was a good stopping point, I looked at my phone and found two missed calls from my boyfriend. I called him back and got yelled at because I didn't communicate with him for four hours. Am I the rear end in a top hat for forgetting to communicate with my boyfriend while I read?

i'd turn my phone off all weekend for that one

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Wow, 4 whole hours without talking. What will you do. :geno:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for accidentally cursing in front of my pastor BIL?

quote:

My (27F) husband (32M) and I had his older brother, his wife and his 5 kids over for dinner this weekend. poo poo hit the fan and I wanted some outside opinions about this...

So my BIL is a pastor at a pretty popular church in our city. Now both myself and my husband are not very religious people by any means. We both work in the medical field, he's a cardiologist and I'm a nurse so we've always had more scientific views on thing's.

His side of the family is very religious though, so we always keep our views to ourselves to be respectful, and go along with their religious thing's they do I guess (for example praying before eating)

Now my BIL and SIL, one thing that they don't condone is cursing. Which I'm aware of and respect when they're around.

My husband and I recently bought a new house and my BIL and SIL have been bugging us to see it. We're pretty LC with them as they're pretty over the top with their religious views and shame us for not having the same views, but we thought why not so we can see our nieces and nephews. This past weekend both my husband and I had off work so we planned a dinner with them and their kids.

Everyone's at the table, SIL, my husband and I are in the kitchen bringing the food over. I'm pulling one of the dishes I made out of the oven I accidentally lose my grip and my hand hits the BURNING hot pan.

My first reaction is yelling "OW poo poo!"

My SIL gasps. Husband comes running over asking if I'm ok, and that I should've let him take that out. I grab some ice and head over to the table.

BIL (who's sitting at the head of the table) is sitting there silently kind of shaking his head.

Not even a "you alright?" or anything first thing he says to me is "that cursing was very offensive to my family and I you know we don't condone that. Are you going to apologize to me?"

I'm kind of sitting there in shock for a moment when my husband comes to my defense and starts explaining to BIL it wasn't intentional, it was an in the moment reaction.

He starts going off about how that's unacceptable and a person of his "rank" doesn't condone or want to be in the presence of vial words like that.

So I say back to him "I'm sorry BIL, maybe if you weren't acting so holier than thou and got up and helped us in the kitchen I wouldn't have cursed. And my hands fine btw thanks for asking".

They leave shortly after dinner and ever since then my husbands side of the family had been bombarding us with texts about how we embarrassed BIL and SIL. Sending us quotes from the bible, articles about why cursing is "unholy" etc etc.

Husband and I have honestly been getting a good laugh out of this, and think that everyone is overacting. I kind of feel bad though for my niece's and nephews, and feel like maybe I should've bitten my tongue but idk AITA?

Jesus was a tradie I'm sure he knew a few swears

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
referring to himself in third person alla time

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mx. posted:

AITA for accidentally cursing in front of my pastor BIL?

Jesus was a tradie I'm sure he knew a few swears

Jesus would give this loser a wedgie and then go party with a bunch of nurses.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

My bf wants a manual car and I prefer automatic one.

quote:

I (30F) and my bf (29M) wants to buy a car in the near future. We have been dating for 6 months and we live in the Uk. In a few months we are planing to live together and buy a car. I prefer automatic car because I have a European drive licence where we are used to drive in different side of the lane and use the right hand for the gear. I have tried to drive a car in the Uk and was difficult. So that’s why I would prefer to buy an automatic one.

He prefers a manual car because he feels more in control of the car and prefers manual cars in general. He also said that he would teach me to drive, but it would take months to learn because I m right handed. What would you do if you were in this case?

LTDR: me and my boyfriend we want to buy a car in a few months from now but he wants to buy a manual car whilst I prefer automatic one.
Guess before you peek.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"we made out a bunch and then had sex but I wasn't sure if she was into me"

Just classic lesbian poo poo. Are they ok?? Why they be like that? My boss was telling me a story recently about 2 friends in a similar situation who would make out and cuddle almost every day and walk around holding hands but they spent nearly a YEAR before either of them had the courage to "ask them out" or talk about their feelings at all because both assumed the other wasn't "really" gay or wasn't "really" into them. Meanwhile everyone around them assumed they were an official couple since the moment they met and their reaction was "how did you know we were gay before we did???" I dunno, maybe the making out and loving a woman for a year tipped them off.

They even had a big "coming out" thing to their friend group which is where everyone just reacted with total confusion because everyone knew they were already in a committed relationship. Both of them were like "Why didn't anyone tell us we were lesbians for the last year!!!? It could have saved us so much anxiety!!"

It's really amazing.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Guess before you peek.

quote:

but it would take months to learn because I m right handed

what?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
They live in the UK so the manual transmission would be on their left.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Kurieg posted:

They live in the UK so the manual transmission would be on their left.

a transition that usually takes thousands of milliseconds to get used to

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Driving on the left, like in the UK and commonwealth countries, actually makes it way easier for right-handers to drive a manual than in countries that drive on the right. You keep your dominant hand in the wheel at all times doing the task that needs precise control, and use your non-dominant hand for the coarse shifter movements.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The downside is it's way more annoying to gently caress with the radio while driving because you gotta use your non-dominant hand to do it.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Guess before you peek.

Comedy Import A European Manual option.

E: I live in Britain in a rural place and, here specifically, left hand drive cars allow you to get super close to hedgerows and stone walls which is actually useful in very narrow country lanes.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 3, 2023

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

sorry should have mentioned I'm in the UK and right handed and that is where my confusion came from

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jabor posted:

Driving on the left, like in the UK and commonwealth countries, actually makes it way easier for right-handers to drive a manual than in countries that drive on the right. You keep your dominant hand in the wheel at all times doing the task that needs precise control, and use your non-dominant hand for the coarse shifter movements.

Wouldn't it be the opposite given you're changing gears way more often than you're having to make precise adjustments to the wheel with only one hand?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Baronjutter posted:

Just classic lesbian poo poo. Are they ok?? Why they be like that? My boss was telling me a story recently about 2 friends in a similar situation who would make out and cuddle almost every day and walk around holding hands but they spent nearly a YEAR before either of them had the courage to "ask them out" or talk about their feelings at all because both assumed the other wasn't "really" gay or wasn't "really" into them. Meanwhile everyone around them assumed they were an official couple since the moment they met and their reaction was "how did you know we were gay before we did???" I dunno, maybe the making out and loving a woman for a year tipped them off.

They even had a big "coming out" thing to their friend group which is where everyone just reacted with total confusion because everyone knew they were already in a committed relationship. Both of them were like "Why didn't anyone tell us we were lesbians for the last year!!!? It could have saved us so much anxiety!!"

It's really amazing.

fortune feimster has an amazing netflix comedy special about her coming out and its basically the same thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Last time I checked, our dress code was "Don't make us make a dress code" and that was before the pandemic.

Dress Codes do indeed suck. But, as described above, there is always some bastard who continually comes to work in a stained Dragonball Z T-shirt and sandals. And when asked to maybe dress a little nicer, they ask if they are breaking any rules. which forces management to make a formal dress code that is always more stringent and arbitrary than it needs be.

And this leads to further bullshit rules lawyering as the same guy comes to work in a Hawaiian shirt and cravat, ("What?? The rules say a collared shirt and a tie. I am following the rules to the letter." All of which could have been avoided if everyone used an ounce of common sense and dressed for work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Similar thing happened to two women I went to college with. They were together all the time, very clearly deeply physically and emotionally affectionate, lived together during college then moved in together after college, shared all bills and named each other beneficiaries on their life insurance.

They invited close friends to a coming out party like, 6+ years into this arrangement and were extremely confused that the guests thought this was an engagement announcement because how could anyone think that, they hadnt told anyone else yet and had just officially started dating and needed to take it slow!!!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Baronjutter posted:

I find it funny that people jump to the "of course they are in to you" when there exists people who identify as straight/bi and will bang anyone they find attractive but exclusively date hetero. I know a few personally and of course there's plenty of discourse online as to the reasons.

Lucky for this lady it was not the case here.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

Dress Codes do indeed suck. But, as described above, there is always some bastard who continually comes to work in a stained Dragonball Z T-shirt and sandals. And when asked to maybe dress a little nicer, they ask if they are breaking any rules. which forces management to make a formal dress code that is always more stringent and arbitrary than it needs be.

And this leads to further bullshit rules lawyering as the same guy comes to work in a Hawaiian shirt and cravat, ("What?? The rules say a collared shirt and a tie. I am following the rules to the letter." All of which could have been avoided if everyone used an ounce of common sense and dressed for work.
At some point this becomes a bozo filter: if you take offense to "maybe dress a little bit nicer than a ratty T-shirt" then you're probably the rear end in a top hat who complains about everything else, and, as a result, nobody likes you. The specifics of the rule aren't particularly important, because the bozos will reveal themselves regardless.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Assuming that someone young is an intern is just stupid in the plainest sense. Particularly, crucially, in media where the talent will often either wear hobo clothes, designer clothes or designer clothes that look like hobo clothes.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Not only was the lady a client but like, a really important one. Even if she was another office worker/intern/whatever it was none of OP's business. Either it was fine for her to wear those clothes or management would deal with it on their own.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ilmucche posted:

Wouldn't it be the opposite given you're changing gears way more often than you're having to make precise adjustments to the wheel with only one hand?

I don't know what cars you're driving but in my car, if you move the steering wheel, that pretty much instantly affects the direction the car is moving. If you're not holding it precisely then you'll be constantly drifting out of your lane and having to correct it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lookit these scrubs that don't have Enrique doing all the complicated and precision driving movements for them.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Clocks posted:

Not only was the lady a client but like, a really important one. Even if she was another office worker/intern/whatever it was none of OP's business. Either it was fine for her to wear those clothes or management would deal with it on their own.

I'm imagining a bunch of bizcas interns chattering at like, REZZ rolling up in her Audi R8.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The right-handed thing I think is just needing to adjust to using their other hand for that reflex and assuming that it feels weird because they're right-handed rather than the actual reason: it would feel weird either way because you're fighting your reflexes. That's always weird until you adjust. First time I got an automatic after driving a manual for 20 years I thought it would take me ages to stop twitching and comparing where I would have chosen to shift, and I had adjusted by the time I got home.

I asked an American friend about it after he visited the UK, he said the mechanical stuff was pretty easy because the car's built around it, and general driving was the same. The thing he found difficult was things like remembering where to look for oncoming traffic on turns. On a big road there's landmarks, but for example a narrow road with bike lanes can have people coming from parts of your vision you don't expect, and the brain loves to pretend it's clearly seen what it hasn't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The intern who violently poo poo themselves at a "make Sean Combs happy" event at work is less embarassing than this person

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Jabor posted:

I don't know what cars you're driving but in my car, if you move the steering wheel, that pretty much instantly affects the direction the car is moving. If you're not holding it precisely then you'll be constantly drifting out of your lane and having to correct it.

The supposition that right-handers prefer to use their right hand on the wheel is an odd one; I prefer my left (stronger) hand for gripping the wheel firmly whenever not using both at once.

The left/right handy thing is just a weird projection, lady who wants to buy an Auto so she's not distracted while learning and commits wrong-side-driving is perfectly justified in her worries. Had an Argentine friend who said his dad forbid him from riding his motorbike shortly after he returned from visiting NZ; "take my car instead, else you'll kill yourself". Friend didn't argue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jabor posted:

How light is your steering wheel that you're having trouble maintaining control in the less-than-a-second you only have one hand on the wheel while changing gears?

Bruceski posted:

The right-handed thing I think is just needing to adjust to using their other hand for that reflex and assuming that it feels weird because they're right-handed rather than the actual reason: it would feel weird either way because you're fighting your reflexes. That's always weird until you adjust. First time I got an automatic after driving a manual for 20 years I thought it would take me ages to stop twitching and comparing where I would have chosen to shift, and I had adjusted by the time I got home.

Did you do the thing where you planted your left foot looking for the clutch that wasn't there? Everyone I know who drives stick (me included) has done it at least once

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 3, 2023