Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i feel like them gis woudn't have acted any differently even if someone had told them about vietnamese cultural mores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Feel free to post it, Hersh already has 100,000 subscribers.

Corb Fucker
Dec 6, 2022

:dehumanize:

Cerebral Bore posted:

i feel like them gis woudn't have acted any differently even if someone had told them about vietnamese cultural mores

You're discounting the possibility they would have pistol whipped those mother's even harder

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Rape, that thing you’re sometimes just forced to reluctantly do by cultural differences.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't think anyone seriously expects that they would, but that's how they rationalized it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

captainbananas posted:

false. the scientific theory of war is operations research and systems engineering.

fine, but you know that wasn't what i meant. :colbert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The west is such a deeply evil place

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I like they are two very mundane people saying insane things. The problem with the Banality of Evil is giving a pass for it.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1631284306717941760

why would the uae do this

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
For the sanctions to be effective it requires nobody do what capitalism compels them to do

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Holy poo poo that guy holding the flag is old; am I seeing this right? he looks like he's a hundred years old.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Putin's bathroom!

it might as well be; this is Andrew Taint's personal shitter

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

people love painting their warhams mini with political sprays.

In fairness these days you’re way more likely to see a Warhammer painted in trans colors than nazi stuff.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Seatbelts posted:

Holy poo poo that guy holding the flag is old; am I seeing this right? he looks like he's a hundred years old.

The last of Vaslov's men are finally on the offensive.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

What's he gonna do? Invade ukraine?

He's going to nuke Bryansk

Playtime is over

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1631304214323314688?s=20

where are all these traitors and collaborators coming from

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexandruC4/status/1631344829882933265

et tu hungary

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

you should post some orc miss chiefs

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Megamissen posted:

you should post some orc miss chiefs
Giving away three for the price of two!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

quote:

One RDK commander—named only as Denis—told Russia's Vot Tak TV in August 2022 that its soldiers are selected based on their political outlook, with the unit subscribing to right-wing ideology. Vot Tak said fighters have been known to use symbols of the World War II-era Russian Liberation Army, which collaborated with Nazi Germany and fought against the Soviet Union.

It's always a Denis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Some usa citizens were arrested today for selling airplane stuff to russia.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Let that be a lesson to everyone else to not get caught next time.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Turtle Watch posted:

Giving away three for the price of two!

Amy winehouse with a g36

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1631263596918259713

thank u bulgaria

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DanielEllsberg/status/1631381696661827584

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Zodium posted:

that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask you: during grad school I remember this vivid example of a swedish king or maybe general charging into a battle no sane commander would have engaged with because the odds were so against him, but ended up winning decisively when the weather suddenly turned, which was given to illustrate the limits to prediction and the problem of acting on odds in intrinsically unpredictable systems. any idea what I'm talking about? it comes to mind a couple times a year and drives me batty until I forget again.

there is also a polish one, the Miracle on the Vistula, in the post-ww1-pre-russian-civil-war time period

Pilsudski tries the dumbest move imaginable, something that will get him and all his men killed if a single member of the Red Army sees them while they're maneuvering, and then it ends up working

sometimes the god of strategy looks down and says "wait, you really nat 20'd that? gently caress"

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Zodium posted:

fine, but you know that wasn't what i meant. :colbert:

:nsa:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

the annual US defense budget is, from some rough math, approximately 3,800 times larger than Estonia's, so the US could have given the Ukrainians less than one-tenth of the aid they actually gave and would still be 'doing better'

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

he's got limited time to hang out

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

why are the kiwis sending things, they're about as far from the north atlantic as it gets!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Got to dump the MRAPs and you might as well do it in a country where they suck poo poo to drive.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

isn't 6% from usa more than the rest of those combined in absolute numbers

like, slovenia has 10% there, which was iirc 4 whole 1960s yugoslav tanks lmfao

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
my main takeaway from that chart is actually 'holy poo poo the US has blown a ton of money on this war'

5.9% of the annual US defense budget is an absurd amount of money, tens of billions of dollars, it's more than the entire annual military budgets of most of the other countries on that chart combined

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Another fun thing to keep in mind is Ukraine having to pay that poo poo off.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
loving lol at the way to measure contribution as % of a countries military budget. 5% of the US military budget is greater than all those countries combined.

Apparently 22% of Bulgaria's military budget is a lot of rifles and bullets.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/bulgaria-send-its-first-military-aid-ukraine-2022-12-09/

quote:

The list of arms is classified, but government officials have said Sofia would mainly send light weaponry and ammunition.
"My approach has been conservative, because I need to ensure the defence capabilities of Bulgaria. The aid is fully in line with Ukraine's priorities, but we are not sending S-300 systems, nor MIG-29 or SU-25 aircraft," Stoyanov told Nova TV on Friday.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Another fun thing to keep in mind is Ukraine having to pay that poo poo off.

everything they've gotten had already been amortized to zero decades ago :)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

loving lol at the way to measure contribution as % of a countries military budget. 5% of the US military budget is greater than all those countries combined.

Apparently 22% of Bulgaria's military budget is a lot of rifles and bullets.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/bulgaria-send-its-first-military-aid-ukraine-2022-12-09/

the bulgarians have apparently sent an enormous amount of warsaw pact-caliber artillery munitions and spare parts - as i understand it in secret and in contrary to official policy. i might be misremembering this, but there was a minor scandal over it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1631384707181977604

i like the way these estonians think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

why are the kiwis sending things, they're about as far from the north atlantic as it gets!

Woof! Woof! We're a good boy