Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1631106052770123776

e: oh this was already posted my bad.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

It’s evidence of organizational incompetence

Any one person could make a plot better than what we got, you don’t get incoherent stuff like this unless it’s a futzed group project

It reeks of design by committee with a weak seat warmer lead.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

yeah I did the entire time legendary solo cause I'm sick in the head, there were parts definitely designed with having a fireteam in mind. Calus, the dark resonance rooms, the bossfigjt before Rohan sacrifices himself all had a lot of bizarre bullshit difficulty that are probably placated by having multiple people working simultaneously and drawing aggro

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I feel like this Legendary campaign is the "Halo 2 Legendary" level of difficulty. It's loving hard, but very doable... even solo. It's not for everyone and I strongly recommend that if extremely hard games are not your forte then don't play legendary. Normal is fine. The +20 power you get from legendary is not worth it if you aren't having fun.

But if beating your head against a wall and figuring out exactly where things spawn, when, and how to deal with that is your thing... boy legendary gives that to you in spades. It's a very good piece of hard content.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

honestly yeah, my only issues are stuff that'd definitely also happen on normal like all of the smash bros poo poo the cabal can hit you with or getting suppressed over pits or getting a droppod to the back of the head. When it wasn't doing that poo poo it was really fun, even when tormentors were there :)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's hard to take a lot of people in this thread seriously when they out themselves as being unable to handle basic gameplay we've seen before, complain the game is too hard (I'm a filthy casual who never did a GM lol no it isn't) and describe things they don't like as "aids".

Even when they're right about something it's more like a broken clock thing. But unfortunately if you skim over like six people then the thread is actually really quiet, so I guess that's engagement.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Aidsfall

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

strand is really fun in raids, I'm gonna put cigarettes out on the next fool who tries to tell me to put on a well

I do feel a little lost on what to use for damage though. Wendy works, LFRs still work, but I feel like I should be expanding my horizons with the new mods and whatnot

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
I think jumping straight into Legendary with no build in mind besides “well…100 Res is still pretty good right?” definitely led to the campaign being more frustrating than I would have liked.

Also and maybe this is a symptom of insane Destiny Brain but the asset reuse is so so noticeable now, and lampshading it with stuff like Osiris saying “wow this is just like that place on Venus!!” doesn’t make it any better.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction posted:

It's hard to take a lot of people in this thread seriously when they out themselves as being unable to handle basic gameplay we've seen before, complain the game is too hard (I'm a filthy casual who never did a GM lol no it isn't) and describe things they don't like as "aids".

Even when they're right about something it's more like a broken clock thing. But unfortunately if you skim over like six people then the thread is actually really quiet, so I guess that's engagement.

:dukedoge:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

syntaxfunction posted:

If it’s so easy do some GMs lol. The legendary campaign became easy as hell once you realize you can skip Strand outright in some areas. Like the entire final level up to the boss you can just not use Strand.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 3, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

3DBlast posted:

I think jumping straight into Legendary with no build in mind besides “well…100 Res is still pretty good right?” definitely led to the campaign being more frustrating than I would have liked.

Also and maybe this is a symptom of insane Destiny Brain but the asset reuse is so so noticeable now, and lampshading it with stuff like Osiris saying “wow this is just like that place on Venus!!” doesn’t make it any better.

getting used to the new mods system definitely didn't help. I was grappling with the new ammo finders a lot.

as for the Ishtar collectiveness of it all Idk, I've never minded asset recycling and I appreciate the explanation for it. Neomuna still feels unique even if there's a DSC-y jumping puzzle or something

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the forced strand sections were the worst for me since my only set of at-light gear had 18 recovery because why would you ever need recovery when you had devour. i must've wiped at the last section of headlong for like an hour before giving up and putting on an underlight assassin's cowl.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

the forced strand sections were the worst for me since my only set of at-light gear had 18 recovery because why would you ever need recovery when you had devour

lmao

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
there is no universe in which the legendary campaign calus fight is easier than like, gm warden of nothing's boss. can you fire three gjallarhorn rockets into a giant stationary orb? congratulations, you can do gm warden of nothing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My standard gear set is something like 50ish most stats but around 100 recovery and intellect.

It's generically useful. Plus star splitter scales, which are also generally useful.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I just dumped into resil, I should probably go for some smarter distribution in the solstice

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

arsenicCatnip posted:

I just dumped into resil, I should probably go for some smarter distribution in the solstice

same, i never really paid attention to armor stats unless i had bad quests where i had to use certain abilities and id boost those stats as much as possible, but then last season someone told me to just focus on resilience, so i did that and now thats my 9-mod-slot armor set but now im wondering if i should get new stuff this season since its kind of a mess outside of that one stat

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Reiterpallasch posted:

there is no universe in which the legendary campaign calus fight is easier than like, gm warden of nothing's boss. can you fire three gjallarhorn rockets into a giant stationary orb? congratulations, you can do gm warden of nothing.

GM Warden of Nothing is one of the easiest in rotation. GM Proving Grounds in it's original incarnation was loving HARD. Getting Conqueror in that season was a triumph I am very proud of.

But GMs are designed to be farmable. They're generally easier than "Achievement" hard content. The Achievement stuff (like legendary campaign and day1 raiding) is on another level because you're only intended to do it once.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I didn't do a DSC trios clear to have people who haven't done GMs tell me whats difficult. Let me babyrage over incedinors in peace you mongrels

Also if bungie insists on Psions booping me into the air every 5 seconds at least gimme a void grenade that does the same thing

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I don't get why they didn't tie grapple to jumping. If you're on the ground you jump, if you're in the air you grapple, if you grapple to a strand grapple point it doesn't cost you grapple charge. Give people enough grapple charges to cover the same amount of ground as any other sub-class and call it a day.

It took them around two years to figure out strand? I think they need to do some house keeping on their design process.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

Let me be clear I’ve not once complained about the difficulty

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY COMMENDATIONS RANK

What the gently caress Bungie lmaooooooooooooo

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

that sounds way clunkier and with the state blink is in I do not trust them to balance any jump based abilities in a fun way

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Just can't beat this Tormentor. I'm very much enjoying redoing this fight only to get grabbed by the Tormentor and killed. It's hell good. I love it

So, Tormentors are fairly easy once you figure out the strats:

First, equip the one point void damage resistance booster in your chest armor slot. The damage from a grab can only take you down to a chunk of HP left with it. Which will give you time to sprint away and regen so long as you weren't stupid and ignored the adds. Without a damage resistance buff slotted the grab is usually a one shot unless you were stacking health (haven't tested this yet).

Also, Tormentors are hilariously dumb once you learn their AI. We're talking "dog following a shiny red ball" levels of dumb. If you bait them right starting at phase 2 they'll just chase you all over the place while occasionally swinging a scythe ranged. You can do this picking two elevated platforms (since their speed decreases while airborne) and jump between them while the Tormentor just completely loses it's poo poo and screams in rage with every grab cycle since it desperately wants to grab you but can't quite overcome it's lack of speed compared to your aerial movement capabilities.

Just keep in mind that the Tormentors can either inadvertently or intentionally bait you out of this strat if you aren't careful. The second boss fight with one has a lot of walls with two of the raised platforms you can kite with on either side of a long room, and that cheeky bastard knew to hide behind it and jabber random words at me. I almost ran out to shoot him before realizing there was that glow behind the wall. :stonk:

Granted, that first time has that "AH gently caress gently caress gently caress GET IT OFF." feel to it where you try to get it away from you since they're in your face and trying to smack you with a one shot.

They're definitely a change of pace from normal gameplay. But I don't think they're poorly done. I'm dreading the moment some cheeky dev decides to put three boss tier Tormentor's in a single fight or some bullshit to create artificial difficulty though. The point of Tormentors is that you can't just sleep walk through them like most normal enemies, you gotta keep your eye on it as much as possible to know when it's entering a grab or flying slam phase. Having more than one attacking at once defeats the point of the challenge and makes it somewhat luck based unless they tune the damage down.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 3, 2023

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you can absolutely sleepwalk through them like normal enemies if you bring a blinding gl

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Commendations was a pretty brilliant solution to AFK Farmers in Seasonal Activity Playlist

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Reiterpallasch posted:

you can absolutely sleepwalk through them like normal enemies if you bring a blinding gl

Yeah, that too. Can't grab poo poo if you can't see who to grab. :science: Just gotta hope the ammo doesn't run out before you can finish the fight.

Going in unprepared that first time can definitely be tense though.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 3, 2023

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Commendations was a pretty brilliant solution to AFK Farmers in Seasonal Activity Playlist

Except if I see a guy with the massive afk-inflated season rank I know he knows what’s up

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

FlapYoJacks posted:

SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY COMMENDATIONS RANK

What the gently caress Bungie lmaooooooooooooo

And guardian ranks reset every season lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wazzit posted:

And guardian ranks reset every season lol

Absolutely insane. What the gently caress where they thinking?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

arsenicCatnip posted:

with the state blink is in

Yeah, what's up with this? Seems like a lot of the game's platformy bits straight up aren't possible with Blink, and making it work in PVP is possible if you focus a whole build around it and go into that with the expectation that it still won't be very good.

Then I found out that Dawnblade has a little air dash they can use with an extra button and for gently caress's sake why not just put Blink on that button I mean god drat

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What use are commendations other than creating a report that someone can view- does it affect matchmaking at all? Because I don't need a number next to someone's name to see that they're not playing in my game.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The most damning evidence of how rushed and bad the campaign was is the fact that between every mission instead of a cutscene or explanation you had optional "interlude" conversation options that are completely pointless

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

The most damning evidence of how rushed and bad the campaign was is the fact that between every mission instead of a cutscene or explanation you had optional "interlude" conversation options that are completely pointless

nah these are good, reminded me of how ff14 has a lot of good little bits that 99.99% of players miss because it requires chatting to npcs who are standing around after you finish a quest

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I just slam buttons and hand out commendations without much thought.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

It's worth noting that commendation rank is higher than total commendations, but I couldn't tell you what the ratio is. My assumption is that you get more rank for higher difficulty content? As with many things, I Wish The Game Explained It

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
just finished campaign thoughts: its like beyond light with a way more fun campaign (barring headlong).

my overall ranking is:

1. witch queen
2. forsaken
?. lightfall
?. beyond light
5. shadowkeep
6. destiny 2

lightfall could definitely takes a solid third over beyond light if the post campaign story stuff is at least cool. if the raid and post raid stuff is cool that could really help a lot too.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I just slam buttons and hand out commendations without much thought.

That’s 99% of the people, which is why requiring 750 of them to level up the guardian rank is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

It's hard to take a lot of people in this thread seriously when they out themselves as being unable to handle basic gameplay we've seen before,

syntaxfunction posted:

Or personally I think they should just remove PvP entirely and then people won't have to worry about splitting their time as much. Easy done.