Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Can't skip cutscenes in Far Cry 4. Looked up to see if you could and apparently you still can't in FC6. Such a terrible move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Phigs posted:

There's also no undo for blueprints and placement is a nightmare so you're very likely to place a large blueprint incorrectly and have to delete every piece before trying again. Looking for an undo button I found the suggestion to save before placing so you can reload when you place it wrong. :psyduck:
This all makes the game sound quite unsatisfactory.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zero_Grade posted:

This all makes the game sound quite unsatisfactory.

:golfclap:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Phigs posted:

Can't skip cutscenes in Far Cry 4. Looked up to see if you could and apparently you still can't in FC6. Such a terrible move.

The creators put a lot of work into writing hilarious dialogue for those two drug assholes in the tent and you're going to listen to all of it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dont forget all the crunch time that went into tightening up the graphics on level 3.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wish people doing challenge runs in dark souls & such would wear some pants.

In game, I mean. Usually I don't know if they're wearing pants or not irl.

I've just seen so many hollow cheeks. For gently caress's sake, the Sorcerer Boots weigh 1.4 units, it's obtainable super early without having to fight anything, you're taking the Master Key anyway, just get some goddamn pants on!

The lowest starting Endurance is 8, which means 48 units of encumbrance, so you can wear the Sorcerer Boots with a Zweihander and still have fast rolls!

Orange Fluffy Sheep has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Mar 3, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm enjoying Atomic Heart but a problem I'm having is that the icon for the glove ability is way too small and hard to tell what you have selected.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

How did this even this make it out of alpha

(Tyranny)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

credburn posted:

(Tyranny)

Wow I wonder what two-bit operation cranked that garbage out. :rolleye:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Phigs posted:

*A terrible movie

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

credburn posted:

(Tyranny)

Idgi

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

There is an is extra is in the sentence.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm joking though. Tyranny is an awesome game and I'm having a great time playing it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoubleNegative posted:

There is an is extra is in the sentence.

I didn't even see it lol

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

At first I is thought it was the missing closing quotation mark on the 2nd option, then I saw the extra is.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I had to read it three times before I caught it. Either the mind is good a ignoring stuff like that, or I’m dumb as hell.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Had to refund pentiment, sadly. It never stopped kicking me back to the main menu after about a second of gameplay. Made it all the way to the second screen once :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Your eye moves in saccades where it jumps across words and checks out the surrounding words to form the sentence. Your brain is really good at reading incorrect sentences correctly. The most common example of this is probably duplicate words being ignored across a line break like below

Saccadic eye movement is also why you see someone’s eyes flickering from point to point if you observe them reading instead of seeing them smoothly scan through each word in a sentence in sequence.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

EmmyOk posted:

Your eye moves in saccades where it jumps across words and checks out the surrounding words to form the sentence. Your brain is really good at reading incorrect sentences correctly. The most common example of this is probably duplicate words being ignored across a line break like below

Saccadic eye movement is also why you see someone’s eyes flickering from point to point if you observe them reading instead of seeing them smoothly scan through each word in a sentence in sequence.
How does someone type this up and not sneak an example into their own sentences. What kind of monster are you.

I looked for so long

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Splicer posted:

How does someone type this up and not sneak an example into their own sentences. What kind of monster are you.

I looked for so long

People don't notice when it it does happen. :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Splicer posted:

I looked for so long

With varying line lengths depending on platform, it's basically impossible to to effectively inject one.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

I looked for so long

It was very tempting but even under the assumption everyone reads in mobile I wasn’t sure everyone’s phone parses text the same way. Couldn’t bear the thought of someone correcting me on it or saying they easily noticed it lol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm torn between calling this a photoshop because the text isn't centered properly, or calling it real because the spacing between the words on top is right. Either way, center your drat text properly, people!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Randalor posted:

I'm torn between calling this a photoshop because the text isn't centered properly, or calling it real because the spacing between the words on top is right. Either way, center your drat text properly, people!

Oh, it's real alright. A real lovely movie.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Unrelated to Mystery Science Theater, I've played a bit of Atomic Heart and I really hate protagonist man. It would have been better if he didn't have a voice, because he doesn't add anything to the conversation other than saying gently caress every third line. I realize that saying cusses is power, but it really takes me out of a media when characters curse needlessly.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

Philippe posted:

Unrelated to Mystery Science Theater, I've played a bit of Atomic Heart and I really hate protagonist man. It would have been better if he didn't have a voice, because he doesn't add anything to the conversation other than saying gently caress every third line. I realize that saying cusses is power, but it really takes me out of a media when characters curse needlessly.

Crispy critters!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gotta keep it sparse to be good, like with Isaac in Dead Space. You can get him to swear, but you usually have to be stomping around on space zombie corpses for a bit before he gets to it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm at the Diving Area in Tomb Raider 2 and I'm still enjoying the levels THEMSELVES, but the flamethrower enemies suck.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
paradise killer is brilliant but i can see it being absolutely maddening to anyone who approached it as the investigation mystery story it appears to be, because all the suspects have perfected the forbidden art known as "lying." they all lie, baldfacedly, about everything, and never slip in their lies no matter how much evidence you wave in their faces. the best you can hope for is getting them to snitch on each other, which at best means you'll be rewarded with only half a lie instead of a whole one. with only one or two exceptions, it makes interrogation feel pointless in general, because you're seldom getting much actual information from it

also the one piece of evidence that splits the whole case wide open is never even hinted at and can only be found via a couple square feet of pink pixels on a completely innocuous patch of bare ground off the beaten patch on top of a cliffside

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

credburn posted:

I'm joking though. Tyranny is an awesome game and I'm having a great time playing it.

The true little thing dragging tyranny down is that it's played by cowards

(or achievements were added super late or something, this should not be one of the rarest achievements I own)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The outside parts of Atomic Heart have a problem where they have way too many respawning enemies. Either flying guys repair dead ones or new ones get dropped in. Which sucks because the gameplay really isn't balanced for something like that.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
It's been a few years since I last played Mount and Blade, so I reinstalled Bannerlord and I forgot the Sisyphean fuckin agony of chasing river bandits around the world for 26 days because they're .1 faster than you

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh, it's real alright. A real lovely movie.

I mean, the producers just didn't care.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Why don't they look? :negative:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Assassin's creed Odyssey is pretty fun so far but there is a LOT going on with the combat system. Parry being two buttons, one of which is bound to the same button as attack, is really messing with me.

How many pieces of gear are in this game because it's already looking like it's going to be warhammer style 40 types of gear with 60 different emblems I can put on each one, for 5% differences in damage

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

credburn posted:

It's been a few years since I last played Mount and Blade, so I reinstalled Bannerlord and I forgot the Sisyphean fuckin agony of chasing river bandits around the world for 26 days because they're .1 faster than you

I always just used the teleport cheat when playing M&B since moving around on the world map is basically homework you do so you can actually play the game.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Assassin's creed Odyssey is pretty fun so far but there is a LOT going on with the combat system. Parry being two buttons, one of which is bound to the same button as attack, is really messing with me.

How many pieces of gear are in this game because it's already looking like it's going to be warhammer style 40 types of gear with 60 different emblems I can put on each one, for 5% differences in damage

Far too many types of gear, with randomised stats! Have fun destroying or selling most of it!
And you'll also unlock many, many types of engraving, most of which are pretty situational. Although it can be fun stacking fire or poison bonuses through the roof and watching things just melt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oxxidation posted:

paradise killer is brilliant but i can see it being absolutely maddening to anyone who approached it as the investigation mystery story it appears to be, because all the suspects have perfected the forbidden art known as "lying." they all lie, baldfacedly, about everything, and never slip in their lies no matter how much evidence you wave in their faces. the best you can hope for is getting them to snitch on each other, which at best means you'll be rewarded with only half a lie instead of a whole one. with only one or two exceptions, it makes interrogation feel pointless in general, because you're seldom getting much actual information from it

also the one piece of evidence that splits the whole case wide open is never even hinted at and can only be found via a couple square feet of pink pixels on a completely innocuous patch of bare ground off the beaten patch on top of a cliffside

the mystery just sucks in that game. i'm not someone who like, actually is a fundamentalist about the "rules of mystery books" but the only way they even make it mysterious is to limit your access to the crime scene until extremely late in the game because the evidence at the crime scene so obviously implicates people that it wouldn't be much of a mystery if it weren't for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pseudohog posted:

Far too many types of gear, with randomised stats! Have fun destroying or selling most of it!
And you'll also unlock many, many types of engraving, most of which are pretty situational. Although it can be fun stacking fire or poison bonuses through the roof and watching things just melt.

It all seems very silly, along with the ramping feature. At least loadouts are gated to make it easy to switch back and forth between sets. What a ridiculous system. When I think assassin's creed I definitely think looter shooter