Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's a slow day in the office so my mind is wandering while I try to decide on the first Animal for my current Plant Zoo game.... And also thinking about scraping part of the layout entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think it should be the noble Penguin

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

sharknado slashfic posted:

I was about to start a new game yesterday, procrastination ftw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ah sweet bannerlord updated and bricked my save files

my ds emulator on my tablet just did that and i lost my pokemon and castlevania saves lol technology

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

playing some FF6. sounds not half as good as the original but i prefer the advance version for all the extra goodies

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Joey McChrist posted:

playing some FF6. sounds not half as good as the original but i prefer the advance version for all the extra goodies

theres some sick patches if youre emulating that restore the original sound to the gba releases

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Moving sucks and is bullshit.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i think it should be the noble Penguin

That's a possibility. Or a giraffe for Rhino.

Or a rhino for Rhino. I don't play the game much, I still buy the DLCs so there's a LOT of choices.

I usually put Japanese macaques front and center with a lot of care given to a hot tub that they're not programmed to use.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

That's a possibility. Or a giraffe for Rhino.

Or a rhino for Rhino. I don't play the game much, I still buy the DLCs so there's a LOT of choices.

I usually put Japanese macaques front and center with a lot of care given to a hot tub that they're not programmed to use.

missed opportunity imo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It definitely is. I'm pretty sure people have also been begging for non flightless birds since release, too.

Edit: Actually, it turns out the macaques actually CAN use hot tubs if they're shallow enough now!

Cthulu Carl has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Mar 2, 2023

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sweet, applying this now. :hfive:

MarcusSA posted:

Moving sucks and is bullshit.

i hate the packing and moving part but i love unpacking and setting up new rooms

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I managed to create the Kingdom of Ireland and move onto conquering England. Unfortunately my ruler died right after I got the Kingdom of Wales, and that went to his younger daughter. My new character was the eldest daughter and wound up having her half-sister murdered so the title would fall back to her

This set off a chain reaction of Stress-related events that caused her rule to be plagued by drunken, lustful court liaisons where everyone got STDs and the realm was shaky. She was shrewd enough at least to press a vassal's claim to the throne of England, which resulted in suddenly controlling everything south of Scotland through vassals. This also meant all she had to do was conquer the Duchy of Lothian to have enough land to form the Brittanian Empire.

This was actually kinda stressful cuz I was worried she'd die of old age and fragment the control over territory before I could finish but I managed to basically click "create title: Empire of Brittania" like a year before she died.

Her eldest son - now the High King - went on to subjugate the kingdom of Albania, the last remaining holdouts in Scotland and control all territory in the empire. Now he's known as the "Tuatha de Danaan" and has forged some alliances while dealing with all the nobles pissed off that some Irish dude is emperor. Considering pressing some claims about other kingdoms from my vassals but all my nobles are currently trying to kill each other and it's a headache

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Skypie posted:

Her eldest son - now the High King - went on to subjugate the kingdom of Albania, the last remaining holdouts in Scotland and control all territory in the empire.

LOL

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I just realized my phone auto-corrected "Alba" to "Albania" and boy does that make a difference

Skypie has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Mar 2, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I really think Crusader Kings would be a game I could sink hundreds of hours in if I could only get into it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

credburn posted:

I really think Crusader Kings would be a game I could sink hundreds of hours in if I could only get into it.

That is precisely why I refuse to try.

Like a lot of other games, I'll read the drama and funny stories but holy poo poo I am not gonna let it take over my life cause I know it would if it clicked.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm bad at CK3 and don't understand how half of anything works so I just play on easy mode

although I keep the debug menu open cuz I've gotten into weird loops before where my war effort will be losing victory percentage from 99% even though I've won all the battles and occupied the entire enemy territory and their army is three guys with farm tools versus 20,000 troops and the enemy ruler will be yelling "gently caress you I can still win!!!" so when that happens I just use the debug menu to put him in jail and auto-win :v:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've managed to get into eu and stellaris but never did with ck for some reason. I'm not broken in the right way to get into hoi.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Made it to elysium with the gonne and 3 death defiances still active

gently caress yeah

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Skypie posted:

I just realized my phone auto-corrected "Alba" to "Albania" and boy does that make a difference

I honestly didn't even bat an eye since one of the last times I played CK2, I managed to - completely by accident - create a Welsh-Ethiopian royal family in like Powys.

And this was while I was playing the king of Mercia or something.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

I honestly didn't even bat an eye since one of the last times I played CK2, I managed to - completely by accident - create a Welsh-Ethiopian royal family in like Powys.

I played CK2 one time, again as Ireland, and wound up at one point as a zealous Catholic warrior-queen who took up the call of a crusade and was rewarded with a province in.... Syria maybe, when everything was done. This was given to her son to rule, who married a local noble's Muslim daughter in an attempt to forge peace and alliances

So there was some Middle Eastern county full of Irish-Syrian kids until one of the Arabic sultans called a jihad a couple generations later and took it

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I love when someone related to a former courtier dies and suddenly you are a Christian king of North Africa through 6 generations of ties.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I downloaded Nioh 2 to play now that I'm done enough with DS3 and Elden Ring and while I was checking storage space I found Wo Long on Game Pass. Now if Wo Long falls through (which it's looking like it has some tech isssues) I have Nioh 2

unfortunately my home wireless is pretty garbage or I'd stream it to the Steam Deck. It's been like a year and the official solution for Game Pass is still "install Microsoft Edge and stream from Microsoft servers if you have Ultimate!" and that is also disappointing

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I should really play the Nioh games. Although the next big game like that I really want is Black Myth

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I really really want to like CK2 but I've just never managed to get into it :eng99:

And people have only ever shown me like 2 hour long youtube videos and i just. uninstall it again.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Stellaris is more my jam because I'm a sucker for space stuff but there's somehow even more going on in that than a Crusader Kings game

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Stellaris by comparison is so much easier. I point the space dudes to the thing and clicky the button and it does the thing :unsmith:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I keep reunifying Italy in CK3 and then having it all fall apart forty years later when an emperor dies and everyone decides it’s time to rebel.

I need to find other interesting paths to play because I’m not good enough at the game to restore the Roman Empire :/

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
They weren't either so don't feel too bad

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Made some progress on what I am - probably cringingly - calling the Gooncinnati Zoo.

Completely redid the layout of the staff areas in the roundabout to make room for a habitat for Japanese Macaques:

Added a little sculpture to one side:

The macaques haven't hot tubbed yet, but they are running through the shallows and hopping on the rocks. And they've found the keyboard:

Next on the to-do list is to figure out what to put in the roundabout behind the staff buildings - I'm thinking a reptile or insect house. I also need to decide on how to organize the animals as I build out the rest - either by continent, biome, type, or some other method.

I also need to finish prettying up the staff buildings. Especially putting roofs on.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tub! Those! Caques!!!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Skypie posted:

Albania was I ere I saw Ainabla

Still works.

edit: oh alba not able

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I hate these microwaves at work so much. I swear to God they're like 40W maximum and by the time it actually heats up my food, it's also transformed the food to the consistency of rubber

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I want a version of CK3 where you can just delegate the things you don't want to do to someone else. The war stuff takes up too much focus, I just want to do the court intrigue. Let my generals and commanders and whatever take care of the wars that I start on a whim like a true king.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
current gaming status: I would love to be playing more warzone but the only goon warzone discord is a refuge for permabanned sexual harasser derpies so in between playing that solo I've been playing some Hunt Showdown with my real life friends (who I cannot con into playing warzone) and EVE, an icelandic spaceship psychopathy simulator that at least I get to hang out with Larry in

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

EVE, an icelandic spaceship psychopathy simulator that at least I get to hang out with Larry in

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got to white defender in pantheon five. Only 7 fights from the end. Some fights to tighten still. Might get it this weekend

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Kazinsal posted:

current gaming status: I would love to be playing more warzone but the only goon warzone discord is a refuge for permabanned sexual harasser derpies so in between playing that solo I've been playing some Hunt Showdown with my real life friends (who I cannot con into playing warzone) and EVE, an icelandic spaceship psychopathy simulator that at least I get to hang out with Larry in

I mostly play regular multi in mw2 but if you ever want to send a pm I'll try out warzone.