Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/SIky0hQvl_I

Lmfao if you grapple with the spark in rift it teleports the spark to your last place of death. No play testing was done in PvP was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
have they made a ghost shell that looks like a pouka yet I could forgive a lot if they did that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Dope glad we’re at the “everyone with criticisms is a poopsocking virgin” stage of the thread.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Thanks to whoever told me to use the machine gun on the Tormentor I got through it first try back. Now I just gotta throw two orbs into some tower while being shot at by like 50k homing projectiles.

I need to figure out the movement in this game or something. At the moment it seems like I have no agility whatsoever

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ponzicar posted:

I've been avoiding online discussions of Lightfall until I finished the campaign, and I'm surprised to see all the extremely online gamers getting mad about it. I guess Witch Queen is a hard act to follow. There's certainly rough spots; it's closer in quality to the pre WQ expansions, but I don't really get the hatred.

It's really more that nobody who plays it knows anything more than anyone who hasn't. The only real spoiler is the lack of informed satisfaction.

abraham linksys posted:

maybe Sony will throw someone at final shape but they're not really a support studio kind of company like activision or Ubisoft

Sony has an entire studio that just makes a single baseball game each year. They'll find some people.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 3, 2023

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

DancingShade posted:

It's not hatred. It's gamer rage. You know, the same people who get upset over K/d ratios.

View everything in that context.

being the upset about the dlc you paid money for is not the same as being upset at your k/d ratio wtf

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Finished the campaing. Choosed to use a LFG tool to do Calus because the combat was long.

I appreciate the Tormentors, is a plus to the game in general, but one note. Maybe would not work mixed with other parts of Destiny.

Filler dlc. Half of the DLC feel like generated with Midjourney. Flashy but hollow.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

It's not hatred. It's gamer rage. You know, the same people who get upset over K/d ratios.

my k/d ratio is like 0.3 and boy this campaign is not great

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Astrochicken posted:

being the upset about the dlc you paid money for is not the same as being upset at your k/d ratio wtf

That's cool, its okay to say expansion bad. It may well be. I mean the (exaggerated?) rage stuff.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Just completed solo Witch Queen final mission on legendary by turning the corner and lobbing Nova Bomb at Savathun right as she lobbed one back at me. I instantly evaporated and the game over countdown started, but then her death animation finished and it let me respawn.

My reward was one of two exotics that I am uninterested in and an incredibly ugly flair icon that I will nonetheless wear with pride.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So the first thing I did this season while I was power level 1600 after logging in was a vanguard strike. I got 2 blues and some glimmer.

Obviously I kept playing and things got better from there but thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

FlapYoJacks posted:

Oh, are we back to the characters and gun models not loading in glitch again? :allears:

That never went away for me. It varied in how often it happened, but it has been an ongoing thing for years. I get it at least once a week.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I was so relieved when I learned I could just unequip then reequip weapons to fix them not showing up. Went through a whole strike that way once and it drove me bonkers.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Truspeaker posted:

I was so relieved when I learned I could just unequip then reequip weapons to fix them not showing up. Went through a whole strike that way once and it drove me bonkers.

It's better than playing "guess where the reticle actually is" but not cool when you lose your special/heavy ammo.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Apparently on the Calus fight if you get the Tormentors to jump up onto the catwalks and put a stasis crystal in their path with a glacier grenade or verglas or something they'll smack into it and plummet into the depths

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gave the game another try today, even strand, and with all the bugs/disabled things/bullet sponge enemies combined it's just not in a place where it feels good to play let alone get a feel for how things work now.

No bungie, I'm not going to unequip and reequip poo poo all the time to make it work again. Just like I'm not scanning my armor for yet another mod that got disabled because of crucru lmao.

The campaign sucks, the changes suck, the broken everything is just awful, lol at the state of this heap of poo poo. I feel like and am a fool for thinking LF was gonna be good.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
The only part of Neomuna that felt like Destiny to me was the hall of heroes, that's a cool place even if the virtual lady archivist is another Nimbus in terms of character.

I find it funny that "the 80's" for Bungie mean gyms, bars and those claw arcade machines even if neomuni don't even have actual bodies to use them.

Another thing I loled about was the archivist referring to the collapse as "the first collapse". What do they know that we don't?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

arsenicCatnip posted:

Apparently on the Calus fight if you get the Tormentors to jump up onto the catwalks and put a stasis crystal in their path with a glacier grenade or verglas or something they'll smack into it and plummet into the depths

I got them to fall multiple times, just by running and jumping around. Not really sure how, no stasis.

Probably they just... hosed up the jump? Maybe I inadvertently went invis as they jumped so their tracking and AI broke? Seems unlikely.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

elpaganoescapa posted:

The only part of Neomuna that felt like Destiny to me was the hall of heroes, that's a cool place even if the virtual lady archivist is another Nimbus in terms of character.

I find it funny that "the 80's" for Bungie mean gyms, bars and those claw arcade machines even if neomuni don't even have actual bodies to use them.

Another thing I loled about was the archivist referring to the collapse as "the first collapse". What do they know that we don't?

the neomunans used to be physical until fairly recently; they uploaded themselves as siege preparations when the pyramids started coming back (or the cabal invasion? I'm honestly not sure the timeline)

this is also why they call it the second collapse- they knew the pyramids did the first one, they come back, ok second one.

I think in singular exegate from season of arrivals the Witness kind of goes "haha you thought you were in a new golden age? how about a second collapse, on the house"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

elpaganoescapa posted:

Bungie didn't get what they were trying to even make because it was failsons of failsons at the helm. Or faildaughters, whatever.

For a proper synthwave feel you need fast cars, cool leather jackets, excess macho, hot babes and a lot of synth. Bungie only managed the roads the cars might drive on, a vaguely poser jacket torso ornament for silver, no actual snyth and a bunch of original characters, please do not steal. All tied together with apparently zero direction which is the real killer.

It's not a lack of talent overall so much as a lack of knowledge to even begin to imitate. Like telling some 80s street kids to make a classic play using Oedipus as a baseline, with no source material.

edit - The team "could have" but the people at the top "couldn't". It's a management problem.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 3, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Was it me or did the character title screen show icons of the champion mods in effect? mine doesn't have that anymore :shrug:

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
so, as a Destiny player who never gave a gently caress about min-maxing stats and just enjoyed pointing cool guns at bad dudes, is it worth getting back right now?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Fragrag posted:

so, as a Destiny player who never gave a gently caress about min-maxing stats and just enjoyed pointing cool guns at bad dudes, is it worth getting back right now?

It's the reason I play and enjoy the game.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Is there some optimal way to get strand essences I'm missing? Running around killing enemies seems really slow

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fragrag posted:

The mod system is completely changed this season so everything feels fresh. Bungie also reworked default difficulty across the board so most enemies are harder to kill. It's been fun so far

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’ve come around on the Legendary Campaign. Finally the room at the end of third mission clicked, I pulled it off and felt like a god. Game good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fragrag posted:

Yeah the new Strand power is fun as hell, the seasonal activity is very fun, the guns aren't super-great but that's a subjective thing so hey maybe you love them, but even if you don't but all your old ones will still work. The main issue for a lot of people is just the anti-climatic and confused campaign so if you just want to click dude's heads it's as good as it ever was.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pierson posted:

Yeah the new Strand power is fun as hell, the seasonal activity is very fun, the guns aren't super-great but that's a subjective thing so hey maybe you love them, but even if you don't but all your old ones will still work. The main issue for a lot of people is just the anti-climatic and confused campaign so if you just want to click dude's heads it's as good as it ever was.

The seasonal auto rifle is great. If you get a kill with precision damage it spawns a threadling. I’m here for that nonsense.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

Is there some optimal way to get strand essences I'm missing? Running around killing enemies seems really slow

whatever the daily rotating incursion thing on Neomuna is, make sure to sparrow out and back to open the chest three times

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The incursion activity has the same problem I've had with similar activities in patrol zones (escalation protocol, altars of sorrow) where no one else shows up so I'm trying to complete the thing by myself.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Just randomly completed a festival of the lost triumph lmao

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Same

Spanish Manlove posted:

The incursion activity has the same problem I've had with similar activities in patrol zones (escalation protocol, altars of sorrow) where no one else shows up so I'm trying to complete the thing by myself.

I heard the matchmaking is broken and you might not ever get someone to join your instance.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

the vex incursion zone increase essence gains,.

you can get 75 for opening a terminal overload key chest, or 100 for doing it when its in vex incursion zone (like it was today, but that's only for a few more hours)

grab patrols and kill hvts while doing overloads

various quests and such will reward big chunks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

easier when you are owned by a publisher who puts at least two support studios on the game

maybe Sony will throw someone at final shape but they're not really a support studio kind of company like activision or Ubisoft

Activision didn’t own Bungie.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

DancingShade posted:

For a proper synthwave feel you need fast cars, cool leather jackets, excess macho, hot babes and a lot of synth. Bungie only managed the roads the cars might drive on, a vaguely poser jacket torso ornament for silver, no actual snyth and a bunch of original characters, please do not steal. All tied together with apparently zero direction which is the real killer.

It seems like they saw people's positive reaction to Splicer and decided to lean in to it without any idea how to actually do so. Take the Moon weapon reskins that they used as the Neomuna weapons - they just added some fluorescent swirlies on them, they don't look cyberpunk at all, I can think of about a dozen things they could have done that would have been the same amount of work but actually fit the theme.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Is it possible to solo the end of "Breakaway" on Legendary do you reckon?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

DancingShade posted:

Lol love to fawn over bad products.

Feed me slip Bungie-daddy, baby needs din dins before watching his Marvel

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Some people in here have, so I guess so. I’m soloing the campaign too, but I’ve not got that far yet.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
has anyone made a "strand-type game" joke yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

Was it me or did the character title screen show icons of the champion mods in effect? mine doesn't have that anymore :shrug:

Yes, it's been disappearing for me too. My current speculation is it disappears when you've collected all of your available prime engrams cause that icon appears right below the champion display and I'm assuming they accidentally tied the visibility together in a weird way.