Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

PainterofCrap posted:

I have a titanium ring, too. In my left atrium.

That sounds like an overly elaborate way to propose to Mola Ram, but you do you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ring can be whatever you like as long as it looks nice and is well made. ...and isn't poisonous or radioactive or something.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

I have a titanium ring, too. In my left atrium.

Nice to meet you mr joestar

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

Tungsten carbide ring could lead to you having a finger amputated in an emergency, it's better to have jewelry that can be removed easily by an EMT or doctor while you are unconscious.

Nah, tungsten is super easy compared to stainless. Stainless loving sucks. We have ring crackers for tungsten stored with the ring cutters, you can use vice grips from maintenance, and I once used the mallet from a Lebsche knife kit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jows posted:

I went the other way with my ring and got titanium. It's amazingly light.

It also scratches like a motherfucker. I have one - that's why I have a TC one now.

wesleywillis posted:

Tungsten Carbide is also quite brittle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They’re pretty easily broken off, either with a special tool or vice grips.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Most ERs these days know that you just need a pair of vise-grips to crack a tungsten carbide ring easily and safely.

Hell, a hammer will do the trick. It's just a little riskier.

And I'm not worried about medical workers getting off because that. I've dropped TC stuff before...

I also really only wear it when we go "out". Most of the time I wear a silicone ring, because I have a fear of degloving a finger working on my cars and stuff.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Nah, tungsten is super easy compared to stainless. Stainless loving sucks. We have ring crackers for tungsten stored with the ring cutters, you can use vice grips from maintenance, and I once used the mallet from a Lebsche knife kit.

Nice to have professional confirmation!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah I'm old so I obviously had very old info from back like decades ago probably, ty for the info

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/820-Prospect-Ave-Zanesville-OH-43701/2082175410_zpid/?mmlb=g,55

It's apparently a single family residence, but with a list price that went from 38k to 350k to 310k to 600k, and an aesthetic that I'd charitably describe as dilapidated warehouse cum bar cum strip club. Excellent toilets and windowless bedrooms though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'd like to buy the cum bar

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Painting the carpet? https://v.redd.it/cvvoc0pc2dla1

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

That's dye, not paint.

And I bet it was carpet she was going to tear up and replace anyway.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol not even a roller

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:lmao:
If you buy this place get a security system because you are going to get sketchy dudes showing up thinking its still a brothel for years.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Just Winging It posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/820-Prospect-Ave-Zanesville-OH-43701/2082175410_zpid/?mmlb=g,55

It's apparently a single family residence, but with a list price that went from 38k to 350k to 310k to 600k, and an aesthetic that I'd charitably describe as dilapidated warehouse cum bar cum strip club. Excellent toilets and windowless bedrooms though.

Oh ejsus. Oh god. I won't make jokes about trafficking because that's horrendous and traumatic. But you know those vaguely misogynistic movies where the poor widdle teen girl gets kidnapped and the big tuff guy has to rescue her from traffickers or kidnappers and what not? This is the home base of the kidnappers in that movie. Just really. Phew. Look at this.

I love that this was the first image you see when clicking that link. TWO chairs? Amazing, first class.

Now WHO is responsible for placing that tv? All the loving way up there? The ceiling height makes me think this is a family of human giraffes.

As much fun as we make of those overpriced lounge chairs, I realize there is a good reason to include furniture and caring about its placement. Anyone see the movie Barbarian? This feels like the room under the house. You know the one. No spoilers, promise.

Please note the slider barn door. You will never have any privacy or ability to lock your door. Aww the one room that's not prison grey. However...

The fact that it also shows up in the torture dungeon esque colosseum gives me bad vibes. Like if this was a movie, it would be symbolic of something bad. Like indicating abuse or something.

This fire extinguisher is trying to commit suicide. This is in the bar / pub section of the house. Not sure what it's for as it doesn't seem to hold food or drink, or game equipment?

This is also in the bar area.This is the toilet the hero has the girl hide in while he viscously murders everyone in the bar area. First of two prison toilets.

Not even paper. Cmon man.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Stop with the hard sell! I'll take it!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

value-brand cereal posted:

This is the home base of the kidnappers in that movie. Just really. Phew. Look at this.

The doughy henchman needs to be messily eating cereal on a sofa while laughing out loud watching cartoons on TV, oblivious to the danger for far too long after the attack begins.

The TVs are all placed really badly for that gag.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Why has nobody pointed out this ceiling fan yet?

This thing either moves no air or sounds like a loving jet engine

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

SpartanIvy posted:

This thing either moves no air or sounds like a loving jet engine

I'd put money on "both"

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

This fire extinguisher is trying to commit suicide. This is in the bar / pub section of the house. Not sure what it's for as it doesn't seem to hold food or drink, or game equipment?

That's the "vault" where the cashier hangs out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

That's the "vault" where the cashier hangs out.

It may not look like it but you need 15 points in Lockpick before even attempting that door.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Darchangel posted:

I also really only wear it when we go "out". Most of the time I wear a silicone ring, because I have a fear of degloving a finger working on my cars and stuff.
I've only seen one bad degloving injury, and now I never ever ever ever ever wear my ring when doing anything at all where it could get snagged and pulled. Holy poo poo are they gross cases for some reason, and I say this as someone who routinely sticks tubes into people's chests.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Was looking at a house that I can't afford and this stove stuck out to me.

Having a hot appliance in the middle of a room where people walk around it and there is no range hood above it.

That doesn't seem good to me. Is this okay?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

No range hood is never okay.

There's also wildly insufficient space on either side of that stove for actual cooking to take place and no real amount of counter space anywhere near it anyway.

So that's a display kitchen. I guess if the stove is never used it's fine.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hard to tell but there might be a surface vent on there. They’re generally poo poo but they can help a little.

But yeah, either way, no bueno.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
HALLWAY
Breakfast Bar
kitchen counter

Maybe cuz the fridge is taking up half the room :sigh:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Uthor posted:

Having a hot appliance in the middle of a room where people walk around it and there is no range hood above it.

Those look like crappy 3D renders to me.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Just Winging It posted:

There's also this fun little outbuilding!

:unsmigghh:

A good friend of mine was driving through Ohio a while back. She (note gender) stopped at a roadside rest stop type place to use the bathroom. Taped to the inside of the stall door was one of those posters with a line of tabs on the bottom for you to tear off. The poster said something like "Are you or someone you know a victim of human trafficking? Call this number." Most of the tabs were gone.

I'm pretty sure it was this part of Ohio.

Found this article

quote:

The program was launched around the end of 2020 "It was created by and in collaboration with sex trafficking survivors, so effectively, all of the content and everything that people learned was approved by individuals that experienced trafficking," said Jake Neeley, executive director of the Malouf Foundation. "In the end, together we created curriculum that they can approve and honestly say that this would have helped them in their situation. This would have helped their community see them sooner and helped them get out of that trafficking situation sooner.

whaddya know, 2020 is also the year this place was listed for $38k
there was a bust in Ohio in 2019 of a hundred person operation, including an ER doc, which has pretty grim implications

Now I've made myself sad

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 3, 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's also this fun little outbuilding!

:unsmigghh:

Pretty sure I saw an episode of Marble Hornets that filmed in this shed.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I've only seen one bad degloving injury, and now I never ever ever ever ever wear my ring when doing anything at all where it could get snagged and pulled. Holy poo poo are they gross cases for some reason, and I say this as someone who routinely sticks tubes into people's chests.

What I was taught is not to gently caress around with silicone rings and that in a no-jewelry environment don't wear so much as a nitrile glove.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Those look like crappy 3D renders to me.

They downloaded as webp files for me and imgur didn't like it so I told Google Photos to "dynamic" the image as that would save it as a jpg. I was being lazy! And I just noticed that it's "dynamic" and next to the "enhance" I assumed I was pressing.

Here's the place:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2955-S-Mabbett-Ave-Milwaukee-WI-53207/40492627_zpid/

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Uthor posted:

I think you can "get away with" a little less ventilation if it's an electric stove, because then you've only got cooking odors and particles, but that looks gas to me, and you 100% need ventilation for a gas appliance because of the byproducts of combustion.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Uthor posted:

They downloaded as webp files for me and imgur didn't like it so I told Google Photos to "dynamic" the image as that would save it as a jpg. I was being lazy! And I just noticed that it's "dynamic" and next to the "enhance" I assumed I was pressing.

Here's the place:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2955-S-Mabbett-Ave-Milwaukee-WI-53207/40492627_zpid/

They still look off but I think that's just a problem with how realtors photograph things now. They really process the poo poo out of the photos, it was super obnoxious when we were looking.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll take it over the realtors that somehow still use shaky flip phone photos

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

FISHMANPET posted:

I think you can "get away with" a little less ventilation if it's an electric stove, because then you've only got cooking odors and particles, but that looks gas to me, and you 100% need ventilation for a gas appliance because of the byproducts of combustion.

Hey come on now, there's a window and a ceiling fan! It's perfectly safe!

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Free Solo is an ok documentary about a somewhat interesting individual/accomplishment, but the house/fridge scene is beautiful. The biggering and biggering of refrigerators such that you can just throw a 20 inch pizza box in there is absurd, but domestic americans have been frog in a pot gradual enough we hardly notice, or even think "counter depth" is puny or for poors. Now comes Honnold, bumbling his way into money and a relationship, and with it buying a house. So when they shop for a fridge, the little one seems "totally adequate" resulting in a comically undersized fridge in a carve out made for one twice it's size. The polar opposite of Uthors prospective kitchen

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I love that he threw a bit of shade at people who have fridges in their vans and seemed very out of his element owning a home.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just Winging It posted:

The scale of this place is hard to get till you look at this overhead shot and compare it to the houses on the right

it's like... what the gently caress was this huge warehouse doing smack in the middle of a residential block

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Things like that tend to have already been there before the neighborhood existed.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It might have originally been a day care or something before it was...changed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cool Dad posted:

It might have originally been a day care or something before it was...changed.

Google street view shows it was a dry cleaners at one time. I presume it's had an interesting history since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'd definitely check for a secret meth lab built under it.