Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Got my rack setup a couple weeks ago and I feel like I'm starting to hit my stride. Worked out 5 of the past 8 days and the last 3. Didn't plan on it yesterday but I was in the garage, looked over and put in a quick 20 minute session. Home gyms rock friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Been on a SVU kick lately, and true to form, the episode that's airing on NBC tonight was definitely written during the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial.

Never change, SVU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Got my rack setup a couple weeks ago and I feel like I'm starting to hit my stride. Worked out 5 of the past 8 days and the last 3. Didn't plan on it yesterday but I was in the garage, looked over and put in a quick 20 minute session. Home gyms rock friends.

Hell yes. Home gyms rock and actually wanting to workout is a great place to be.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

It was a joke about the whirly pop. The three people I’ve known who talked about them were always surprised that people didn’t use them to make popcorn, were vocal about how great they were, and were from Iowa.

Timby posted:

He has some really rough deliveries, yeah. In Fellowship, there's a line something like "But no one knows where the ring is, do they? Do they, Gandalf?" and he puts the emphasis in all the wrong places. Edit: He put the wrong emPHASis on the wrong syllABLE. :v:

And Elijah Wood is from Iowa... :tinfoil:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

wandler20 posted:

One of my few regrets about our house is that there's not much in the way of dedicated workout space. I got a couple of kettlebells (which I do enjoy using) and some space in my living room, and that's it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ether Frenzy posted:

You know who else is from Iowa?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA

(I'm watching The Nun and this feels appropriate)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

One of my few regrets about our house is that there's not much in the way of dedicated workout space. I got a couple of kettlebells (which I do enjoy using) and some space in my living room, and that's it.

I don’t even have a home

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I usually work out in my living room since I like to have something playing in the background so I have something I can focus on.

Tomorrow is the big grooming day for my fluffy boy cat. I got him a new bandana collar too so I'll add it on after.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just realized all the Denver “Mile High” stuff is bullshit, that dumb rear end city is like 2 thousand feet lower than me. My outta shape, stay at home dad rear end shoveled a mountain today. The real hero is Mexico City, it’s another 200 feet higher than me and full of pollution from a shiiitload of people. Cupcake rear end league

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have 4 more days to go next week I will have officially done 6 weeks in a row of getting up at 430. Working out fasted for 2 hours and then working a full day.

I also took the Henry Rollins advice and covered my bathroom mirror so I havent seen what I look like naked in 6 weeks. Results should be good.

My pants don't fit and neither do some of my t shirts but for different reasons.

I am quite tired today and keep forgetting things but it's Friday and I have 20 minutes of work left so who cares.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

You need a break homie, from everything

Skip the fast, sleep to late and call in a sick day or 2

Blind yourself not just the mirror

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 3, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

You need a break homie

I'll have a nice 3 day weekend at the end of it for my 35th birthday.

Got some money socked away to treat myself to a nice bottle of whiskey.

I wanted to do something tough for a few weeks just to prove to myself I still can I guess.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I wanted to do something tough for a few weeks just to prove to myself I still can I guess.

I get and completely respect that tho

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a sexual elk posted:

Just realized all the Denver “Mile High” stuff is bullshit, that dumb rear end city is like 2 thousand feet lower than me. My outta shape, stay at home dad rear end shoveled a mountain today. The real hero is Mexico City, it’s another 200 feet higher than me and full of pollution from a shiiitload of people. Cupcake rear end league

It’s literally a mile high, it’s not our fault people decided it meant it was the highest altitude in the country :colbert: Santa Fe is like 2000 ft above us too.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I have 4 more days to go next week I will have officially done 6 weeks in a row of getting up at 430. Working out fasted for 2 hours and then working a full day.

What the gently caress is this nonsense? No you didn’t. You worked out 2 hours a day, on no fuel, 7 days a week, for 6 weeks?

5 Pinocchio’s

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Per the thread recommendation I watched episodes 5,6,7 of boba fett.

I enjoyed those episodes mainly because it was a different character.

Mild spoilers about a show everyone has seen regarding the menacing villain: is this idea that blue man outdrew Reylan Givens because the Marshall kept looking on the deputy form some reason?

Also thought the blue dudes death was lame

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What the gently caress is this nonsense? No you didn’t. You worked out 2 hours a day, on no fuel, 7 days a week, for 6 weeks?

5 Pinocchio’s

For 5 weeks. I have gotten up at 430. Poured a black cold brew. Drove to my gym. Worked out from 515 to 715 every Monday to Friday.

This coming week I have 4 days of gym before I take a 3 day break and complete the 6 week program I put together.

1.5 hours of lifting 30 mins steady state cardio keeping my heart rate above 130.

I wrote down the goal and have been executing it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pics or didn’t happen

Glad to hear you took the weekend off at least

I wanna see them washboard abs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Pics or didn’t happen

I wanna see them washboard abs

Brah you rly "post the artisinal physique"-ing me.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Our children hit the 10 week-adjusted mark and it’s like a loving switch flipped and now they’re actually sleeping. 11 hours between feeds at night/morning, naps throughout the day. I don’t feel like a zombie for the first time since mid-november.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Now they have all that energy refocused to terrorize you during the day

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

Our children hit the 10 week-adjusted mark and it’s like a loving switch flipped and now they’re actually sleeping. 11 hours between feeds at night/morning, naps throughout the day. I don’t feel like a zombie for the first time since mid-november.

This is awesome. Enjoy it! It’s more a breather before the first of many things that are going to have you frantically googling “X month sleep regression” and “X month sleep regression twins.”

It’ll come in waves and each time they’ll get more spaced out. When are you moving them to their own room(s)?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Know how MRIs are just giant magnets….

https://twitter.com/tobiasgilk/status/1629940077542383622?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Surprised they don't lock the room if the MRI tech isn't there to prevent this sort of thing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Where’s Aspro?

Those forces are incredible. Those beds are loving *heavy*. Nurse was lucky to get away w a femur and pelvis, and not a full on cranial squisher.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

Oh man. That’s the first big hurdle, congrats.

Which will make the first sleep regression loving terrible :v:

Ours is almost 1 and starting daycare in April, it’s adorable that she can tear rear end around the place but it’s also kind of terrible to yell at her that no, the light switch isn’t a toy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

No flight of the navigator was 70s. I didn’t know that either and had to look it up. I thought it was 80s too and explorers was like the competing film or whatever.

Edit: oh poo poo I’m confused I was right before ignore me

It was released in 1986. I have absolutely no idea what the hell you’re talking about lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Holy poo poo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Big Jesus posted:

Isn't it amazing when the light turns on and they look you in the eye? I hear that's the time neurologically we "should" be born, but we come out early so the pelvis can stay small enough to keep us bipedal.

Just be ready for a sleep regression soon, the newborn shushing/swaddling/swaying tricks will stop working as the in-utero reflexes stop, and they'll start noticing more things around them and getting distracted

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Hell yeah, glad you're enjoying it!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFabsRFnWy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQOvzFetxs

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

The Big Jesus posted:

Congrats on progress to being an actual functional person again

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ether Frenzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-B5cyfK6A

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Still muddling through Nixonland and as this forum is concerned it occurs to me that if I had the time and will I could probably write a book about Nixon and college football. I'd have to read a whole lot of old newspapers to do it, so I won't, but it comes up a lot more than it should relative to important things that were going on at the time. He's got Bud Wilkinson out here stomping for him constantly talking about patriotism and how bombing was good and how Nixon was an athlete too and so on.

Nixon did 'play' college football for Whittier College, a D3 team that surprisingly employed both George Allen and Don Coryell (not when Dick was there, but I had no clue they had a couple of NFL HoF coaches). But D3 is like, if you show up, have legs and want to be on the team you're probably going to be on the team. That's probably overly dismissive but I don't think our old pal Richard is much of an athlete. As far as I can tell he never played a down.

He was a reserve offensive tackle.

I looked up his height and weight when he was in office and he was 5'10.5" and 175 lbs. And this is the old fat version of Nixon, you'd think this is higher than his playing weight.

So over breakfast this morning I discovered not only that I want to, but absolutely could pancake Richard Nixon if we lined up against each other.

Dick would have me out here feeling like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-BSrVsRDs

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Not football, but Defector put out a really interesting article last year about Nixon's time as a Mets super-fan post-presidency. Could be a good one for you during your Nixon deep dive.

BlindSite posted:

For 5 weeks. I have gotten up at 430. Poured a black cold brew. Drove to my gym. Worked out from 515 to 715 every Monday to Friday.

This coming week I have 4 days of gym before I take a 3 day break and complete the 6 week program I put together.

1.5 hours of lifting 30 mins steady state cardio keeping my heart rate above 130.

I wrote down the goal and have been executing it.

Mad respect obviously, but I wonder if you wouldn't have benefitted from an easy week in there to let your body catch up. I'm getting back into more serious running after a year-ish of being pretty casual about it (and also hurtling rapidly towards 35!), and the loose system I've been advised to follow is
3 weeks training
1 week reduced training
3 weeks training at a slightly higher volume than the first 3
Repeat
Might be different for you doing weights and taking weekends off. As I've gotten older I've found that I need to make the easy days easier in order to really make the hard days count. A little more sleep, a little more stretching, and knowing which days are the important ones.

The Big Jesus posted:

Nice job!
The best parenting advice we got pre-baby (or at least the one that I hadn't heard elsewhere) was that everything that a kid does, good or bad, is a phase. They're not going to sleep like poo poo forever, but they're also not going to sleep 10+ hours at a time forever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The best thing about Nixon will always be HST's obituary.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My teammate at work has been having a sore back, to say the least...

He tells us his main spinal cord nerve is jammed. No idea how or why. He's on prednisone and gabapentin (the latter for 30 days).

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 3, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Thats gonna need surgery, its a miracle he can move given the degree of herniation.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattmday/status/1631671484291874816?s=46

after every city was dying to get that

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Big FOXCONN vibes