Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

who pooped emfive's pants? show yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Plinkey posted:

everyone is so bad at git

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nature is healing

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Bearjew posted:

who pooped emfive's pants? show yourself

It was me, I pooped everyone's pants

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
now free cumshitter

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Cloud Guy moonlighting as a patent clerk, nice

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/juno_stump/status/1631688668736790528

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Buddykins posted:

matt do you really think this owns them

I think this verse is a better fit:

if a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death

Leviticus 20:10

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

bebop esq posted:

https://twitter.com/ProudTwinkie/status/1631462422199320577

The appropriately named Ryan Petty, a member of the FL state board of education, is arguing dickishly with an 18-year-old student organizer and activist & President of Queer Student Union in his state. You love to see it, folks.

People that use "organizer" or "activist" as derogatory should be called out

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

erosion posted:

Cloud Guy moonlighting as a patent clerk, nice

he looks like he has some helpful hints for defeating gruntilda

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Good Kitty

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

tacodaemon posted:

actually that twitter exchange that bebop posted is a good example of what we were discussing a couple days ago, about how monumental assholes like Elon or Scott Adams end up mingling with the far right because that's the one place where being an insufferable, impossible-to-talk-to rear end in a top hat is a credit and not a liability and they'll pretty much accept anyone into their ranks

I would also point out that it's extremely easy. A situation where you've got a homeless schoolteacher is hosed up and obviously requires action, but it's much easier to just be like "lmao sucks to suck, I don't have problems, why do you have problems." I think part of the draw is that it's a worldview that asks nothing of you, and that kicks rear end if you were unable and unwilling to improve anything in the first place.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
https://twitter.com/WeAreDeLaSoul/status/1631523827455864832?t=dggp9HLsDjEddhIQ8Fb1Bw&s=19

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

where is Pickle and Pepper

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Sherbert Hoover posted:

"Blessed are the big noses"

what

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Buddykins posted:

shut up

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

tacodaemon posted:

it's especially galling how cheerfully MTG smiles while describing how she intends to irrevocably destroy trans kids' lives

:(

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

now free cumshitter

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

what a winner

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fuckin' finally. Go listen to Art Official Intelligence Mosaic Thump, it's bangers from start to finish

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

oh my god

quote:

NEW YORK (Reuters) -Donald Trump is seeking a six-month delay in the New York attorney general's fraud case against him and his company, which if granted would likely push back any trial until deep into the 2024 presidential campaign.

In a Friday court filing, the former U.S. president, who is seeking another White House term, said "fundamental fairness and due process" justified delaying Attorney General Letitia James' $250 million case, including the scheduled Oct. 2 trial.

Any delay would require approval from Justice Arthur Engoron of the state supreme court in Manhattan, who has resisted pushing back the timetable.

Following a three-year probe, James sued Trump, the Trump Organization and others last September over an alleged decade-long scheme to manipulate more than 200 asset valuations and Trump's net worth, to win better terms from banks and insurers.

Trump said extending deadlines by six months would provide the necessary time to review the "staggering" volume of materials, including millions of pages of documents, and question dozens of witnesses.

He said talks on an "amicable resolution" broke down after James' office proposed shorter extensions, but only if the defendants gave up some rights to gather evidence.

"The complaint seeks to deprive defendants of their constitutionally protected right and ability to transact business," Trump said.

"Fundamental notions of fair play and due process mandate that defendants are afforded every opportunity to prepare a meaningful defense, rather than to have an impossible schedule forced upon them."

Trump's request was joined by the other defendants, including three of his large adult children Donald Jr, Eric and Ivanka.

According to court filings, Engoron said at a recent conference that the trial would start on Oct. 2 "come hell or high water," and emailed lawyers last week that "with all that has already been accomplished, I see no reason" to delay it.

Why even have trials for financial crime?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I think it’s a joke about liars (every lie you tell makes your nose grow)

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

VideoKid posted:

What if I’m ANGRY at the RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS for trying to make everyone a gay communist?

It's a fair point! Thomas Aquinas, commenting on this verse, had a pretty lengthy digression of if anger was always a sin (he said no).

quote:

I answer that, Anger, as stated above (Article 1), is properly the name of a passion. A passion of the sensitive appetite is good in so far as it is regulated by reason, whereas it is evil if it set the order of reason aside.
https://www.newadvent.org/summa/3158.htm

If you're angry, make sure it's motivating you towards justice!

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

:3:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

what jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

oh my god

Why even have trials for financial crime?

And doubly so for politicians!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Buddykins posted:

They took over for drygoods in ukraine

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Bethamphetamine posted:

Trump's request was joined by the other defendants, including three of his large adult children Donald Jr, Eric and Ivanka.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
less bible stuff, thanks

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

bebop esq posted:

less bible stuff, thanks

How bout it I'm queasy already

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

bebop esq posted:

less bible stuff, thanks

we need to keep god in this thread

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

bebop esq posted:

okay that's the actual title, thank you google, lol

I thought it was an acronym

It's utterly ridiculous but also extremely fun to watch

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

VideoKid posted:

we need to keep god in this thread

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Without jesus you all become thirsty horny posters

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

goddamn

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

if you take the Christ out of the thump thread what’s left??

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
God left us long ago

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

watch life of brian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003