Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you're gaming on PC use a mouse and keyboard like god (William Gates) intended

They really should've fixed keyboards somewhere between lovely typewriters and invention of PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im not going to bow to the dark mode cult.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

On PS5 they made it so that it also takes a screenshot for every trophy you get (or a video for gold/platinum trophies) but it just means you end up with like a thousand screenshots of loading screens/menus or blurry mid-movement screenshots with their trophy frame thing covering 20% of it idk why I haven't switched it off yet

thank you for this

PS4 did this as well, a lot of my screenshots are black loading screens lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Khanstant posted:

They really should've fixed keyboards somewhere between lovely typewriters and invention of PC

they did they're called cherry mx blues and my coworkers love my keyboard with them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

On PS5 they made it so that it also takes a screenshot for every trophy you get (or a video for gold/platinum trophies) but it just means you end up with like a thousand screenshots of loading screens/menus or blurry mid-movement screenshots with their trophy frame thing covering 20% of it idk why I haven't switched it off yet

thank you for this

Grats! :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Item Getter posted:

The real hard mode is something like playing PC games using a PS4 controller, except all the button prompts in PC games are for Xbox buttons. Meanwhile your other system is a Switch which calls all the face buttons the same thing as the Xbox controller except every one of them is in a different place. What sort of idiot would play games like that

Wo Long has dualshock button prompts in its PC port and properly shows them when you have one plugged in, so automatically a goty contender

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they did they're called cherry mx blues and my coworkers love my keyboard with them

I don't know what fruit my keys or code my keys are, but the ground trembles when I type from the sonic attacks.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
got new pokemon snap from the library. do i just suck or do you really have to play the exact same level twice in a row to unlock anything?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wo Long has dualshock button prompts in its PC port and properly shows them when you have one plugged in, so automatically a goty contender

This is in contrast to Hi-Fi rush not even recognizing my dualshock unless i load an outside program to filter the controls into xinput or whatever, I had this same problem with psychonauts 2 so I blame Microsoft

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Khanstant posted:

I don't know what fruit my keys or code my keys are, but the ground trembles when I type from the sonic attacks.

they're the switches that go CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK real loud when you type

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://deadline.com/2023/03/legendary-jonathan-krisel-pokemon-detective-pikachu-sequel-1235277486/

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm very familiar with the settings menu on my PS5 because what else am I gonna do, actually play games on it?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

and yet they STILL can't pay danny devito to voice detective pikachu

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Playstation has had a screenshot button since PS4.

it's slow and captures system level popups for some godforsaken reason

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

homeless snail posted:

im not going to bow to the dark mode cult.

:mods:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Seems unnecessary unless it is just a pokemon movie made in a similar fashion to detective Pikachu.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
love to mash the screenshot button on a cool scene only to find that they're almost all worthless because they have SCREENSHOT SAVED up in the corner

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

homeless snail posted:

thats not hard at all, if youre a real gamer. I don't look at my controller just like I dont look at the keyboard,, you show me a X or a square I know what to do

you know hes lying because snails dont have hands and cant play video games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

love to mash the screenshot button on a cool scene only to find that they're almost all worthless because they have SCREENSHOT SAVED up in the corner

Post em anyway

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/MemoriaProject/status/1631683631344386048?t=X8AOFmtfEz8f_C5avzC0Qw&s=19

I wish this was square loving with us and the Memoria Project was the ffix remake all along

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

you know hes lying because snails dont have hands and cant play video games
I thought we were friends. now youre saying I'm not a gamer. wow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Post em anyway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PrivateDivision/status/1631701259710234639?t=DdsXHdqukzXWtg5rysPU7w&s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah. the outer worlds I love.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

no one wanted this

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

no one wanted this

but i thought everyone loved outer worlds and now its even better?!?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

screenshot includes credit for a logo not present in the screenshot or anywhere else in the game other than the main menu?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

but i thought everyone loved outer worlds and now its even better?!?

everyone loves getting the assault rifle 2 weapon which is better than assault rifle 1

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm with Evil Kit, mouse and keyboard is the way for me, has been for 20+ years, and always will be. monster hunter rise is the only game i've played in the last couple of years with a controller, but i've played monster hunter on my phone with touchscreen controls so that's whatever.

i remember i played dark souls 1 with a controller, that i had to buy cause the pc port was that bad, and then played dark souls 2 with mouse & keyboard, and then tried dark souls 3 with a controller again but by then the left bumper had stopped working so i hung it up for good, and beat it with kb/m.

monster hunter world, elden ring, wild hearts, nioh 2, all completed and stomped with a mouse and keyboard. i will beat wo long too. even if they don't patch it. you can't stop me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you're a powerful gamer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1631668852881752065?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She’s just like me fr

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

The first time I put FF7Remake into my PS5 it automatically gave me every trophy I earned on the PS4, which meant it took ~50 screenshots and videos of the start screen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm the only person who liked this game lol.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Outer Worlds is a very dumb game and as long as you accept that in your heart there are things to like about it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

this is a pretty good summary of how i feel about ai art

i just feel like playing mega man

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Outer Worlds was a perfectly decent Fallout 4 mod

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

Outer Worlds is a very dumb game and as long as you accept that in your heart there are things to like about it.

Yeah, it was still better than Outer Wilds too. Excited for the sequel.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Whole lot of real bad takes in this thread today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

fly away to another tiny planet troll